Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Zybwivcz » #469963

Bottom post of the previous page:

Randomly generated likes and dislikes at round start for food and drinks and maybe other things like clothing types. Gives an incentive to not to grab a donut every time you start to get hungry. Gives chefs and bartenders a reason to actually make stuff for actual non-RP gameplay reasons. Should be part of a general tweak to the mood system where it starts out moderately high(and gives real benefits) with negative events and depressing places slowly draining it.

Make disarm stamina-based a la goon. Straight up disarms will likely fail while also costing stamina. You need to punch them a few times to get their stamina low enough that disarm has a reasonable chance of working
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #470520

Combine the Sleeper and VR-game pod things, sorta.

Sleepers are functionally nerfed so as not to replace medbay so consistently/easily. You'd get something like Cryo but with no maintenance or attention needed a pod that keeps the person from dying with massive applications of DRUGS. Said experience is not good for the person with 'lasting effects.'

The Sleepers are all hooked up to their own VR or a part of the game network, maybe as a setting in RND somewhere or hackable on the machine to alter these. Crit-people get their minds put into the VR to dick around as they wait while the physical, damaged body is jacked up on healing chems to sustain them.
The chems are bad for the waking mind and side-effects include constant hallucinations and gradual cell/'clone' damage which sucks but is relatively easy to fix with treatment afteward, thus why occupants are put into coma and subjected to separate VR.
Doctors/staff can set timers for eventual-ejection/permanent containment status among other variables to-be-thought-of.
This new type of Sleeper can be included for Perma now to deal with wounded prisoners or just for the worst kind of detainment.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #470987

We have that sweet jukebox code sitting unused because it makes everyone that gets in range lag out but you know how it would work great? Functional headphones
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #471515

If you have only one arm and you're on a wheelchair, you should only be able to rotate on yourself
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #471519

make it so the mine shuttle takes you to the asteroid mining station if you try to operate the shuttle with any form of brain damage
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #471551

make it so the mine shuttle takes you to the asteroid mining station
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #472316

I made this suggestion to 4dplanner a lil while back but no pr was made for it and there wasn't any real community feedback on it so here goes
Gold slimes are a big source of issues for xenobio, the immense number of aliens they get is staggering. I suggest:

inject water = 1 random peaceful
inject blood = 1 chosen peaceful from a list
inject plasma = 3 random peaceful
lumi minor = make a random peaceful mob
lumi major = turn into a random peaceful mob( can turn back )
aka fuck gold slimes making changelings and shit, it's stupid. Xenobiology already has a ton of power, they really don't need to be able to make an army of golems AND an army of slimes AND an army of random creatures.They can make themselves into superheroes and become unstoppable changelings while leading their massive army. It may take a lot of time, but some of their power needs to be scaled back, and in my opinion, gold slimes are the most round-ending shit.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #472320

Yeah, I have basically used up my nerf budget. Going to have to lie low for a bit ;). I do still think this would be a bit of an over-nerf, though.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #472479

datorangebottle wrote:I made this suggestion to 4dplanner a lil while back but no pr was made for it and there wasn't any real community feedback on it so here goes
Gold slimes are a big source of issues for xenobio, the immense number of aliens they get is staggering. I suggest:

aka fuck gold slimes making changelings and shit, it's stupid. Xenobiology already has a ton of power, they really don't need to be able to make an army of golems AND an army of slimes AND an army of random creatures.They can make themselves into superheroes and become unstoppable changelings while leading their massive army. It may take a lot of time, but some of their power needs to be scaled back, and in my opinion, gold slimes are the most round-ending shit.
Why bother getting golds at all then, apart from adamantine
Also t. never played xenobio, usually the round's over before you can get anything cool and you need either rainbows or light pink to actually USE the mobs
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #472920

datorangebottle wrote:I made this suggestion to 4dplanner a lil while back but no pr was made for it and there wasn't any real community feedback on it so here goes

This or moving Xenobio+Toxins to Lavaland where it belongs: IN QUARANTINE.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #474618

somerandomguy wrote: Why bother getting golds at all then, apart from adamantine
Also t. never played xenobio, usually the round's over before you can get anything cool and you need either rainbows or light pink to actually USE the mobs
I dunno, why bother getting silver or pyrite slimes? Or pink slimes apart from light pink?

Gamarr wrote:This or moving Xenobio+Toxins to Lavaland where it belongs: IN QUARANTINE.
That's hilarious. Maybe with a dedicated xenobiology job so that nobody plays scientist anymore to stop the bickering and jockeying that happens all the time.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #474622

Gold would be useless if it could only make peaceful mobs. Literally no peaceful mob has a use outside of as a pet. Silver, on the other hand, can make certain food that is useful. Pyrite and pink aren't used because they don't do anything useful.

More security and/or a dedicated xenobio job would be fine though
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #474903

somerandomguy wrote:Gold would be useless if it could only make peaceful mobs. Literally no peaceful mob has a use outside of as a pet. Silver, on the other hand, can make certain food that is useful. Pyrite and pink aren't used because they don't do anything useful.

More security and/or a dedicated xenobio job would be fine though
Dedicated xenobio would be great, but gold slimes just making pets would also be great. The only thing it does is spawn mobs, and it making dangerous mobs has proven to be a huge problem round after round. Removing dangerous mobs from it and only allowing it to spawn pets is one of the only changes that makes sense aside from moderating and curating the list, which is patching a gaping chest wound with a band-aid.

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #474917

It isn't a huge problem round after round because the round's already over when they get it lul

Realtalk the big issue is spiders just remove those and you're fine
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #474928

somerandomguy wrote:It isn't a huge problem round after round because the round's already over when they get it lul

Realtalk the big issue is spiders just remove those and you're fine
how about headslugs
and benos
and magicarps and chaos carps

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #474957

Headslugs: takes long enough to get that most antags won't commit to getting it, especially with current round length
Xenos: you can't get drones so no infestation
Carp: powerful but low health

Edit: I was talking about mind transference headslugs, sentience ones are powerful but need a body, can be dealt with like a normal ling, are still somewhat rare, and require the other person to be skilled to use well.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #475028

rainbow slimes aren't hard, red slime speed potions are high demand items anyway.

Doesn't matter, you don't need facehuggers for yoru beno infestation. Make a dozen sentient hunters and watch them tear the station apart.

magicarps are really worth the low health. They're ridiculous.

somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #475041

- yeah but they take a LOT of time and >round length
- it's fairly hard to get that many hunters due to rng, and a dozen ghosts willing to take sentience roles is surprisingly uncommon, but maybe xenos are different
- as I said, magicarps are powerful but easy to counter via lasers and/or bolted doors
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #475421

Probably more than minor, but group overdoses by drug effect and not just type.

A person IRL will get killed just as dead by taking too much meth and ephedrine together as they would by taking the same amount of just meth. It would make drug-stacking and drug mixing a bit more risky.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #476734

make "monsters" game mode

3-6 people selected, all RNG'd (or similar to changelings where they evolve into specific monsters) out of a list of monsters, and they gotta act like monsters

you'd have stuff like
the jockey from l4d
frankenstein
wendigo
spider

and other stuff i guess
ThisIsGay
Byond Username: GoodGuy1448

Post by ThisIsGay » #476792

What about adding a single blumkin seed pack to the premium selection in the Seedvends?. Botanist could grow their own mutagen by hacking the vend (glowshrooms) and then using a coin on it (blumkins). Bear in mind that botanists have limited maint access and :unknownman: greytiders :unknownman: often look for coins to buy insulated gloves from the YouTools, botanist could work together to get all their need for mutagen production without having to go near chemistry.

This should be pretty easy to add, just few lines of code and done.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #479168

As someone who spends a lot of time observing, I'd like the orbit verb changed to be similar to the track verb for the AI.

What I mean is, when I'm playing AI, I can type 'track Michael' and it'll autocomplete to the first Michael on the list, then track them if I hit enter. Orbit doesn't function the same way, you HAVE to enter the menu. It's a little convenience thing that could go a long way towards making ghosting more tolerable. PLUS: it'd help some admins out a little.

RG4ORDR
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4ORDR » #480106

I enjoy playing Chaplin and I think he's still fairly weak against a cult. Like hell he can barely stand up to a single cultist who has a taser or stunbaton because fuck magic. So here are some ideas to make the Chaplin more beefy or a threat.

1. Let the chaplin bless weapons and other items. Rending them useless to the cult less they use tomes/unholy water to defile them
2. Buff the Chaplin Armaments.
3. Give the Chaplin the ability to create Paladins - Opposite of Cultists basically. Lets the Chaplin designate someone by I dunno, baptizing them and now they gain a set of crusader armor and a holy blade.
Blade can't harm non-cultists less it's defiled by a cult tome/unholy water.
4. Chaplin can purify cult items like swords,robes,shields and turn them into relics
5. Blessed areas deal damage to cultists and/or deconvert them.
6. Gods(Admins) give the Chaplin a pre-built kit that's designed for fighting the cult when it's confirmed cult. IE Chaplin sees the cultists,decovert one or doesn't die to the cult mob.

Cult isn't a perfect gamemode by any measure, but their biggest counter is one the easiest to dispatch. He shouldn't be able to go down easily if he's aware and ready.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #480170

Chaplain isn't supposed to stand up to a cult on his own, there's an entire fucking security team for that. Chaplains used to get along just fine with no armor or shard or smoke and the only holy weapon being a 15 brute null rod.
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #480503

Using your department's console to call for sec should relay it to all sec bowmans.
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #480871

Remove the Xenos 100% disarm chance or nerf their racecar speeds. If you're caught alone, you fucking lose instantly with no counterplay, gg get facehugged.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #480918

datorangebottle wrote:Remove the Xenos 100% disarm chance or nerf their racecar speeds. If you're caught alone, you fucking lose instantly with no counterplay, gg get facehugged.
pretty sure a big fucking part of them from the movies is that if you're caught alone by them it's g fucking g
turns out that not letting any other players on the same screen as you in case one of them is a traitor or a hivemind or a changeling or whatever has its downsides
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #480945

Screemonster wrote: turns out that not letting any other players on the same screen as you in case one of them is a traitor or a hivemind or a changeling or whatever has its downsides
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #480955

Upon ingesting x amount of holy water, gain immunity to the Cultists one click stun for x amount of time for x amount of attacks.
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #480958

Jzoid wrote:Upon ingesting x amount of holy water, gain immunity to the Cultists one click stun for x amount of time for x amount of attacks.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #480990

Jzoid wrote:Upon ingesting x amount of holy water, gain immunity to the Cultists one click stun for x amount of time for x amount of attacks.
How about remove the 1 click stun and make cultists actually use the regular game to convert people, like with a stun baton for example.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481237

Thinking of an ultra power mode for the magboots to ‘anchor’ the user to the ground, like being buckled to a chair. Could even help paraplegics stand!
Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #481636

Dr_bee wrote:
How about remove the 1 click stun and make cultists actually use the regular game to convert people, like with a stun baton for example.
Problem is, for early game that's their only mean for conversion.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #481660

Jzoid wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:
Problem is, for early game that's their only mean for conversion.
Do flashes, stunrods and every other god-damn way of subduing a person in this game not exist in your world? Just because something is hard doesnt mean cultists should be babied by getting a free stun, free cuffs, and a free silence all that can be used in the absolute fucking nude so you cant remove them. If a cultist is stupid enough not to remove a targets headset they should get found out like every other antag.

The strongest ability of a cult is conversion, the second strongest ability is the basically free combat ending stun they get. Cult is basically babby mode for antags.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #481873

Add a small chance for folded rollerbeds to spawn in emergency lockers, or add a static spawn to those in well-travelled hallways (or add fancy wallmounts for them to put them there).
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #486326

Someone should sprite Toejam and Earl so the crew can valid hunt them.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #486330

ThanatosRa wrote:Someone should sprite Toejam and Earl so the crew can valid hunt them.
Shouldn’t be hard to find a spritesheet online. But why would you want to valid poor Toejam and Earl?
► Show Spoiler
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #486385

Farquaar wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:Someone should sprite Toejam and Earl so the crew can valid hunt them.
Shouldn’t be hard to find a spritesheet online. But why would you want to valid poor Toejam and Earl?
I mean isn't that what most Earthlings try to do?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #489869

More uses for the modular receiver besides making a ghetto shotgun. Shitty pistol, shitty disabler, shitty whatever. Give it more uses.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #490027

Diagonally Impaired trait that makes you unable to move diagonally
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #490120

A new genetics power: Spatial Transferal
Allows you to swap place with any target living mob that you can see. While doing this, blue particles will surround you and the target before the switch happens. Takes 3 seconds to complete and has a very long cooldown.
Combine void magnet and spatial instability to obtain
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #490203

Simple mobs should have brains, so you could transplant them into humanoid bodies if you make them sentient.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #490298

Make staff of change remove alliegances (because loopholes are not cool)
W65
Byond Username: W65

Post by W65 » #492985

How about a "don't pick stuff up" toggle or modifier key? I might be the only one with this problem, but at least once I've tried to intent-grab a guy (maybe it was disarm) and ended up accidentally picking up a piece of paper on the ground because he moved. Then you have to waste time getting rid of it and whatever. I mean the little dudes in this game are pretty defective but I doubt they'd miss that badly. I guess maybe the answer is to get better at clicking, but it still feels like a ridiculous problem to have.

Separately, one everything-goes-to-shit sci-fi movie thing this game doesn't have is that old cliche with a guy's radio report getting cut off in a scream or static. It'd be difficult to implement with the way people in this game talk, though. I guess the little dudes all SMS one another with their radios, because if you're typing a message when you go into crit you don't really have a chance to "transmit" it unless you happen to pound the enter key before you actually eat it. I guess in-world the radios buffer an entire message and require a separate keypress to actually transmit. Now, that doesn't really make sense in-world, just because of how radios tend to work in reality, but we can't do a whole lot about it directly. But let's think about an average guy who spots a syndicate hardsuit running at him: he is either going to be fighting, running for his life, or shouting for help into his radio. Probably he does the last two of those at the same time, which the dudes in this game can't do because it takes both of their hands and legs to send a radio message. There's no really fair way I can think of to let a person run away and send coherent radio messages at the same time--message macros or hotkeys wouldn't be very fair for the antagonist. So the player who doesn't have much chance in a given fight kinda has to decide if they're going to try to run or try to communicate.

For the person who elects to try to send a last radio message, we can kinda simulate them actually talking into the radio. Let a radio message that gets sent within the first 200ms or so of going into crit still be sent. I imagine there's already a timer for this for defibrillation or some other purpose, so perhaps the coding side wouldn't be hard. The idea is that it's not long enough to actually type and send a coherent message, but instead that you have a slightly better chance to get a message out if you are already typing (that is, trying to radio out a warning) when you go critical or die. You could even process the message to add a death-based gibberish at the end, or even snip some percentage of it off and replace it with gibberish if whole messages are too unbalanced. Gameplay side effects include that it would make it more feasible to keep track of who's been killed and when in real-time, and harder for antagonists to silently murder people, both of which might be undesirable. From a roleplaying perspective it'd add that "oh crap" factor that the old cliche was invented to invoke. In a small and deadly environment where everyone has a two-way radio stuck in their ear all the time, I figure the guys in the game would be hearing this kind of thing pretty regularly.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #492993

W65 wrote:How about a "don't pick stuff up" toggle or modifier key? I might be the only one with this problem, but at least once I've tried to intent-grab a guy (maybe it was disarm) and ended up accidentally picking up a piece of paper on the ground because he moved.
I have that problem when I get hulk and try to smash people with my fists, only to pick up a box or something and harmlessly tap it against their heads
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #493071

That's just a general problem with the control scheme overall. One thing we could do is make intent matter even more so you don't pick things up in harm (you kick them instead?) or disarm or grab. But tbh that seems like it would just cause annoyance rather than actually improve things. And a toggle for something so niche would probably go unused by almost everyone.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
BokehSynapsid
Byond Username: BokehSynapsid

Post by BokehSynapsid » #493693

would love to see more dishes that use organs now that gibbing monkeys and humans gives stuff like stomachs, ears etc. i wouldn't recommend burgers though, more like haggis recipes for stomachs+hearts, fried eyeballs (fried eggs+eyes), heart-y stew, zhu er duo (chinese pig's ear dish) for ears, stuff like that. people irl eat some weird shit.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #493762

We should replace the bottle of whiskey that spawns in the chaplain's bible with a bottle of ale so that it's easier for chaplains to make trappist beer (which needs holy water, ale, and sugar to be made). It'd give some use to that bottle and tie in a bit to the lore of trappist beer.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #495806

Plantable trees and bushes!
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #495901

Allow players to flush small items down the toilet. If too many items are flushed in quick succession, there's a chance of a clog that makes the surrounding floor wet and dirty.
► Show Spoiler
Scrumbledinks
Byond Username: Scrumbledinks

Post by Scrumbledinks » #496730

Add more useful wires for APC's.

Currently only 3/10 wires have a use and that is really awful:
  • Short Wire
  • ID Scan
  • AI control
I'd like to see wires added that control the on/off states for the following on an individual basis:
  • Equipment
  • Lighting
  • Environment
  • Night shift lighting
This would allow us to craft light & dimmer buttons in game which would be a small QoL for nerds like me that enjoy building.