roundstart snails

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

roundstart snails

Post by imsxz » #481087

make moths the genetics meme species we want roundstart snails NOW

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: roundstart snails

Post by wesoda25 » #481088

i hate you I really do
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #481095

just so we're clear, if any headadmin makes these roundstart I will remove all species configs and set them to how I want instead.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #481098

then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #481099

snail gang rise up
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #481106

BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?
I have no problem with configs

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #481110

No matter how much I want to see a bunch of slimy snails in dorms, I agree with Oranges on this one.
I did big goof and thank Dinkle for his mercy in only giving me a 1 day ban for this incident.
Image of all of the deaths thanks to Imsxz

obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #481113

snails are too much of a shitpost race that can fuck with people at a no-risk high-reward ratio. imagine if there was hordes of snailpeople all crawling around in the halls and the halls were perma lubed.
if you imagined said scenario but your first thought was, 'that would be great,' then i'm afraid you've got a fucking screw loose
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #481150

oranges wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:then whats the point of the config if youre gonna dictate the way it's set?

I have a problem where the headadmins are taking content we have assigned for one purpose and reassigning it because we made the species configs as general as possible.

Fly people have already been fucking ruined in their interest because they're roundstart, which makes the teleport error fucking worthless.

if they do the same with snails then they're just ruining what makes the thing interesting, which is it's uniqueness and rareness.
I disagree with you that fly people as a concept are made better for being "rare" by only being attainable by intentionally smashing your face into a teleporter. You've never clarified how they're "ruined" other then the fact that it makes a very niche reference to a movie from the 80s not the sole source of it.

That said, I don't see any good reason to add snails to roundstart config (especially when they are effectively walking spacelube dispensers). Neither do I see a good reason to remove flies from the config at this time, though if there were a race (no, not the snails, shut up imsxz) to replace them (so that racial selection wasn't literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson") I'd certainly be more motivated to do so.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #481181

Arianya wrote:
oranges wrote:

I disagree with you that fly people as a concept are made better for being "rare" by only being attainable by intentionally smashing your face into a teleporter. You've never clarified how they're "ruined" other then the fact that it makes a very niche reference to a movie from the 80s not the sole source of it.

That said, I don't see any good reason to add snails to roundstart config (especially when they are effectively walking spacelube dispensers). Neither do I see a good reason to remove flies from the config at this time, though if there were a race (no, not the snails, shut up imsxz) to replace them (so that racial selection wasn't literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson") I'd certainly be more motivated to do so.
So....remove flies from the roundstart option and re-add catgirls to it?
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #481204

oranges wrote:

Eh. I kinda agree as it did undo a mechanic that was unique and was interesting to learn about the first time you fucked up a teleporter to start buzzing.

Only downside is not being able to make a fly named Sy Fly as a medical doctor.
Freedom
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #481210

Honestly remove flies as a roundstart please and thank you
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #481215

Agreeing with Jimm
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #481233

I’ve never seen a serious fly player stick around for more than 2 rounds puking everywhere. They can still hop in a teleporter if they want a fucking, and not only does roundstart fly make fly accidents duller, teleport accidents mean fly roundstart is duller. I suppose flies are good as “completely nondescript no customization hardmode ugly fucker” but plasmamen do that as well. Yeah, now I wish flies weren’t roundstart. We need more dumb charming annoyances like orange soda being lemon lime and the fly warp.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #481250

confused rock wrote:I’ve never seen a serious fly player stick around for more than 2 rounds puking everywhere. They can still hop in a teleporter if they want a fucking, and not only does roundstart fly make fly accidents duller, teleport accidents mean fly roundstart is duller. I suppose flies are good as “completely nondescript no customization hardmode ugly fucker” but plasmamen do that as well. Yeah, now I wish flies weren’t roundstart. We need more dumb charming annoyances like orange soda being lemon lime and the fly warp.
I can get behind flies not being a roundstart race.

I can especially get behind not having a roundstart race that slips floors. Can you imagine every round having 30+ slugs making it impossible to walk upright? The only thing SS13 players are good at is running things into the ground.

Roundstart slugs are only acceptable if they're valid on sight and if salt does gigantic brute damage on contact with them. 4 or 5 rounds in a row of making salt fog machines would cure the slug spam.
--Crocodillo

imsxz

Post by imsxz » #481256

Arianya wrote:(no, not the snails, shut up imsxz)
:cry:

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #481257

based players agreeing with me.

Arianya you are wrong, just admit it.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481261

arianya over here saying without flies race selection would be "literally just "humans, moths and lizards, with the odd catperson" what did they mean by this???????
PS that sounds appealing
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #481263

I agree with oranges
I accept donations, click here
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #481269

i prefer flies being unique to teleporter fuck ups tbh at least the meme of projectile vomitting everywhere hasnt been big recently

obscolene

Post by obscolene » #481270

imsxz wrote:i prefer flies being unique to teleporter fuck ups tbh at least the meme of projectile vomitting everywhere hasnt been big recently
Then why would you want snails to be roundstart? Their 'meme' is exponentially worse than just puke decals on the floor.
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #481272

i agree, roundstart flies are gross and ruin the point of them; then we can just leave it an open slot in the config for something else (ssssssssssnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiilllll ggggaaaaannnnnnnngggg)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #481288

imsxz is being a meme, but I just wanted to make sure our position was adequately expressed.

I 100% want roundstart flies gone though, it really really really annoys me they were made roundstart.

It'd be ilke making podpersons roundstart.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #481290

I agree with what's been said. I've never seen anyone play an actual fly character more than a week. There was someone on Sybil who was SUPER hype about making a fly guy, he asked me about proper naming conventions and what would be appropriate. This guy kept the character for all of three days and then went back to other races.

Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.

Edit: It's also not just humans, lizards and catpeople. It's also plasmamen and ethereals.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #481294

I can think of TWO fly statics, One was like Buzz SOMETHING and A. Maphoo.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #481301

+1 for removing flies from roundstart
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #481302

There really isnt any fucking lore behind flypeople anyway.

Mothpeople need some fucking lore as well, or a language.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #481305

Dr_bee wrote:There really isnt any fucking lore behind flypeople anyway.

Mothpeople need some fucking lore as well, or a language.
moth liek lamp and le station has lamps on it :DDDD
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #481367

moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481394

I wish naming policy was more enforced so we could ban lamp lover at this point the dead moth memes are reaching "cake is a lie" tier bad
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #481401

Humans, lizards, moths, plasmen, ethereals, cats (though critically endangered) are already a pretty wide roundstart selection, enough to give the "cantina station" feeling. I think roundstart flies were added almost immediately after the teleporter malfunction thing, because I found out about the malfunction only after I was already used to flies everywhere, which kinda cheapened it. We could really do without flies being roundstart.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #481439

I miss when cloth golems were turned on during Halloween. Wraps the security mummy was fun.
--Crocodillo

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481461

Grazyn wrote:Humans, lizards, moths, plasmen, ethereals, cats (though critically endangered) are already a pretty wide roundstart selection, enough to give the "cantina station" feeling. I think roundstart flies were added almost immediately after the teleporter malfunction thing, because I found out about the malfunction only after I was already used to flies everywhere, which kinda cheapened it. We could really do without flies being roundstart.
The malfunction was added in 2013.
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #481468

oranges wrote:moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it
moths are MRTYcode how could you let this happen?? this is how he keeps coming back

Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #481469

I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

The whole 'they're ruined' sounds funny because I don't see memes with them or them being played all the time, so not sure how. The fly accident still exists if someone doesn't do the teleporter right.
The flies as a thing you can choose is recent compared to how long flies have been in. Way before that, I liked using the teleporter because I liked to faff around as a fly. Its fine how it is.
Hulkamania wrote: Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.
I would, and have been using a fly setup in my options since they were roundstart option.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #481516

If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #481520

Gamarr wrote:I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

The whole 'they're ruined' sounds funny because I don't see memes with them or them being played all the time, so not sure how. The fly accident still exists if someone doesn't do the teleporter right.
The flies as a thing you can choose is recent compared to how long flies have been in. Way before that, I liked using the teleporter because I liked to faff around as a fly. Its fine how it is.
Hulkamania wrote: Fly people could be removed from roundstart and no one would miss them.
I would, and have been using a fly setup in my options since they were roundstart option.
are you trying to boondoggle me again
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481526

ATHATH wrote:If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?
I mean if a holocaust just sorta happened from time to time then Hitler performing one wouldn't be so notable, you might not even realise he did it on purpose, but here we are now.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #481528

confused rock wrote:
ATHATH wrote:If almost no one is playing a fly (so they are rarely seen), why would them being a roundstart race cheapen the teleporter accident event?
I mean if a holocaust just sorta happened from time to time then Hitler performing one wouldn't be so notable, you might not even realise he did it on purpose, but here we are now.
what
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #481538

Gamarr wrote:I'm just here to tell you that flies are superior.

it's ruined, because it's no longer a fun surprise to discover and be a fly, because who the fuck cares, it's a roundstart race that anyone can be now.
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #481558

oranges is 1000% correct on this but I'm assuming imsxz is semi joking with this thread

only round start species available should be humans or liggers

prove me wrong
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #481584

Skillywatt wrote:oranges is 1000% correct on this but I'm assuming imsxz is semi joking with this thread

only round start species available should be humans or liggers

prove me wrong
Lizards are a race played by furfag ERPers exclusively. The only good roundstart races are Humans, Plasmamen, and Ethereals. Catpeople, Moths, and Lizards are just ERP bait garbage that should be removed. Flypeople aren't a bad race, but they have no redeeming qualities and should not be roundstart.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #481617

Lizards are a race played by furfag ERPers exclusively.
Objectively false. How else will I play someone named memes-the-noun while getting shit on by silicons?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #481672

imsxz wrote:
oranges wrote:moths were a shitpost we probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it
moths are MRTYcode how could you let this happen?? this is how he keeps coming back
It was before he got blocked from the repo iirc
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #481678

I fucking love moths and play as one now. They are easily the best race
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #481687

Alright, solid middle ground:

Go full on Catgirls on the Flies.
Bring it to a poll to slowly restrict roundstart flies over time, and it the discussion suddenly causes an uptick in interesting fly characters/gimmicks you can renege on the decision, and if not, all 5 fly players can still enjoy their gimmick.
Granted, I don't think people will mind as much about their inclusion, as it goes into the classic discussion about how ss13 races (With maybe Ashlizards and borgs as the notable exceptions) aren't really all their different in terms of typical playstyle.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #481732

Never go full catgirl.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #482041

Arcanemusic wrote:all 5 fly players can still enjoy their gimmick.
How are we going to contact those five players since I bet some of them are taking breaks.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #482097

>announce new thing
>immediate "make thing roundstart" even before its gone live

Can we stop doing this already?
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #482127

cedarbridge wrote:>announce new thing
>immediate "make thing roundstart" even before its gone live

Can we stop doing this already?
???? i made this post after i had played as a snail what are you smoking