Ronnysworld

[gigapuddi420] Ronnysworld - Ghost role ban

Post by Ronnysworld » #481593

Byond account and character name: Ronnysland
Admin: gigapuddi420
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) 2019-03-04 01:03:05
ROUND ID HERE: 102954
Detailed summary:
Tiding with lavaland golems and attacking crew over extremely poor reasons, claimed people attacked him but almost all logs show him attacking people one sidedly until he became a big enough problem he became kill on sight for crew. Lavaland golems are not antagonistic by nature, don't go out of your way to start fights with the crew and attempting to break all the station

I think i should be unbanned for what i did. Im new to ss13 and i get really jumpy when people hit me or push me ect. Im sorry for what i did and i understand that it was not right. From my perspective i don't believe a 2 week job banned was necessary. And could have just been warned. I had a KoS set on my head because i hit a human after they hit me. And the captain got word of me killing people (Witch i didn't) I would like to play as lava land roles when i die. Also as having lava land roles banned effects some other roles as shells and things like that. Saying im banned from them when there on the station. Please un ban me and i won't ever do anything like this again. - Ronnysland
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [gigapuddi420] Ronnysworld - Ghost role ban

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #481611

I took the time just now to go through the raw logs of that round to make sure I got the situation right, at the time I logged in to answer some ahelps for a round that had no admin so I missed a lot of what you actually did personally and had to log dive and ask around to get a picture of what you actually did. Everyone I asked said the same thing; that you were attacking people on the station and breaking machines until eventually the Captain declared you kill on sight because you were attacking staff. Lavaland golems aren't antagonistic by nature; they are a neutral ghost role who are intended as a way for ghosts to practice mining and research in the Free Golem ship. Lavaland golems are not supposed to be a second life on the station. You aren't strictly required to stay on lavaland but it's frowned upon to take up the role and immediately beeline to the station, break in and start being another member of the crew again.

You went beyond that though, you broke into the station and then started trouble in medbay. When crew told you to stop breaking things you started attacking the people around chemistry and put several people into near dead critical condition before they were dragged away to be healed. I count three separate people you attacked pretty much all unprovoked outside of one of them getting annoyed at you calling them a ligger. In each case you attacked first and almost killed them. After the kill on sight order was out you went to engineering and broke a load of the machinery around the super-matter engine which in of itself is a terrible way to act for something you started. It's at this point the Captain killed you. While he was killing you you even mentioned you would come back.

Around this time someone brought the whole thing to my attention and I started talking with you. Once again you were smashing up the mining base so the crew couldn't use the shuttle then you finally made you way back up to be instantly attacked by the crew who at this point assumed you were all hostile. You claimed there were two miners that attacked you which is why you were breaking the shuttle, I found no evidence of this what so ever and nothing attacked the second golem body you went into until you arrived on the station because they noticed you broke their shuttle.

Frankly I see no reason to reduce your lavaland ghost role ban. While I was talking to you you claimed to understand that lavaland golems aren't a second life and your actions on the station were unacceptable as members of the crew, let alone a lavaland golem. I initially went into the ahelp trying to work out if some miner started a fight with the golems but it turned out that wasn't the case at all and another lavaland golem was being friendly on the station all shift. You took that role, put three people into critical condition after they objected to you smashing up their department and then tried to break the super-matter engine when the crew turned against you for actions you started. Play other roles and play more cautiously from now on. While I'm at it, looking through say logs to work out exactly what happened in most of these situations I noticed you use a lot of netspeak in character. We have a minimum level of roleplay expected on this server and that basically requires you to try and talk like you would in person. So stop using emoticons ;) and online abbreviations like 'tbh' 'lol' and so on.

In the interest of helping you or others related to the appeal log dive, here is a link to the parsed logs of the round. https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... nd-102954/
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Ronnysworld

Post by Ronnysworld » #481615

Well from reading this i see you didn't take into account that ive only been playing ss13 for 3 too 2 months. I don't really know what im doing and im used to playing roles such as ash walker. You should see my hours and you should know this. Maybe if i was trying to get to the station and ruin it. I was just playing like how everybody else would you get hit you hit back. And like i said (Being a new player) I really don't understand what to do when the captain puts a KoS on my head.
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #481620

The Captain put a kill on sight on your head after you nearly killed two of his crew for no discernible reason, especially as someone who isn't part of his crew. You made yourself into a threat to the station and only made it worse by deciding to try and break the super-matter engine. You even told him while he killed you you would be back making it very clear you knew you could use more golem shells to continue the fight.

You clearly understand enough to abuse the role and should take some time away from lavaland roles in-general. Being new isn't an excuse when your actions and attitude were this bad. If you made some basic mistakes and broke some rules the first time we'd just be dealing with a warning and a note. The stuff you were doing was well beyond just a warning and a note, specifically attacking breaking into departments and attacking people who got annoyed about it then going on to try and catastrophically break the engine in a way that would ruin the round for engineers and likely the crew. Take this as a chance to learn from your mistake and tidy up your act.
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #481901

In the absence of any further discussion, I'm going to move forward with this and say the appeal is denied on my end. If the headmins are interested in stepping in they can unlock the thread, if not they will move it to the resolved section.