Wubli: ban appeal for abz125

Post by abz125 » #481830

Title/subject: ban appeal
[Wubli] abz125 - ban for attacking a player without saying a word

Post Content:not sure if this means the full message that i have received
Byond account and character name: abz125, Syd Fisher
Banning admin: wubli
Ban type (What are you banned from?): access denied on all servers
Ban reason and length: wordlessly killing a pie within one hour of game this is a permanent ban
Time ban was placed (including time zone):6:42:06 eastern time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story: i was sitting in the bar and a clown starts throwing stuff at people. I saw someone attacking the clown so i helped in case the clown was being hostile.
Why you think you should be unbanned: a lot was going on in the station so i thought it was going to be bad. and the clown is usually one of the first to start causing chaos. but i have learned my lesson i am willing to take the role playing more seriously.
Last edited by abz125 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: ban appeal for abz125

Post by wubli » #481899

Hello there. Here's the full ban reason (the edited one because I wrote pie instead of clown the first time)
Banned from the server permanently - Less than one hour in game, wordlessly killed a clown because, and I quote, "he was throwing pies at people. i am afraid of pies!". I am afraid of griefers! Go away and come back when you're willing to take this server seriously.
You had a total of 20 connections, and less than an hour in game. You killed a clown, without really saying anything to them. This is the whole ahelp:
[2019-03-06 01:03:27.487] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Wubli/(Jill DeSouza)->Abz125/(Syd Fisher): hi buddypal what happened with honkles?
[2019-03-06 01:04:39.655] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Abz125/(Syd Fisher)->Wubli/(Jill DeSouza): he was throwing pies at people. i am afraid of pies!
[2019-03-06 01:08:42.897] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Wubli/(Jill DeSouza)->Abz125/(Syd Fisher): seems oddly similar to what woodrow said! are you two bffs?
Since you killed them with another person, I interrogated them too - they had a poor motive for killing, so I still banned them, but their justification wasn't "I'm afraid of pies".
I am willing to lift this ban - I mostly expected you to appeal it with an actual explanation and not "I'm afraid of pies". But, I'd like to know more about you: do you play in other servers? Your BYOND account isn't new, that much I can tell, but are you new to SS13?

ps. the title of your appeal isn't correct, it should be something like this: [Wubli] Abz125 - whatever you want to put here honestly
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
abz125

Re: ban appeal for abz125

Post by abz125 » #481946

I realized that I forgot your name in the subject I fixed it above. Thank you for still looking at it. If I had not gotten a reply by the end of the day today is was going to submit another one.

Yes my byond account is older I played space station before a few years past. I just recently started to get back into it. I have been playing on other stations recently after the ban and trying new jobs that I have never done before. I thought that I have played on the stations before but I am not sure?
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: Wubli: ban appeal for abz125

Post by wubli » #482009

Apparently, you've also been banned from TGMC.
Banned from the server permanently - Shot someone else to death in alpha prep and DC'd before they could be questioned. Griefing is not tolerated here.
So, you've managed to be permabanned in both our regular SS13 server and TGMC for griefing.
I am going to deny this appeal - any headmin can overrule this. Please come back in a few months.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
abz125

Post by abz125 » #482117

Could I do a ban appeal for that one? I actually knew the person that I shot and he was okay with it because we were both getting off?
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #482642

See https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=70 for TGMC ban applications. Good luck!
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #483623

We're going to be denying this appeal for the reasons that Wubli has stated above.

Having a player just join our server and immediately work with another crew member to kill a clown for throwing pies is inexcusable. The fact that you also have a permanent ban on TGMC for similar circumstances does not give us much faith that you're welcome on our servers.

As Wubli has said, come back in a few months to appeal, preferably with a record of good behavior on another server.