Port vampire to /tg/

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Port vampire to /tg/

Post by Kryson » #486245

There has been some desire to introduce a new round type for a while now.

I suggest porting the vampire game mode to /tg/

goon, /vg/ and paradise have this antagonist, with some differences, the /vg/ version is a bit more bloated, but has some interesting features.

https://wiki.ss13.co/Vampire
https://ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Vampire
https://nanotrasen.se/wiki/index.php/Vampire

Vampire is a solo stealth antagonist, they need to drink blood in order to unlock abilities, fuel those abilities and gain nutrition. The vampire start out weak, prowling maint with prod and cable cuffs but turns into a jaunting badass if you can manage to feast upon the blood of the living.

Late game the vampire gains the ability to create thralls(mindslaves) for a hefty blood cost.

I think the ability to shapeshift and the /vg/ vampires resurrection ability should be scrapped to differentiate it from changeling.

It is in my opinion one of the absolute best game modes in SS13 and it can played as traitor+vamp to shake things up.

Do you think this game mode would work well on /tg/?

Do you want to create a comfy maintenance lair, complete with desiccated corpses and sleeping coffin?
Attachments
Honk
Honk
CountHonkula.png (4.22 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
Reece1995
Byond Username: Reece1995

Re: Port vampire to /tg/

Post by Reece1995 » #486256

No permenant mindslaves, but instead have random members of the crew start as Renfields to work with the vampire with some minor powers of their own.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #486266

Reece1995 wrote:No permenant mindslaves, but instead have random members of the crew start as Renfields to work with the vampire with some minor powers of their own.
That would turn the mode into blood brothers on steroids. It is better to increase the blood cost enthrall if you are worried vampires amassing too many thralls.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #486280

We don’t need new modes while current ones are a shitshow, cultists can store 4 stunmutes in their arm for free and an antag that gains power by standing still can give you an instant heart attack without warning
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #486291

confused rock wrote:We don’t need new modes while current ones are a shitshow, cultists can store 4 stunmutes in their arm for free and an antag that gains power by standing still can give you an instant heart attack without warning
New good modes means a lower chance of a bad mode
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #486295

grind a glowstick and a cell to get corazone for heart attacks
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #486314

what is a vampire
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #486315

replace cult

replace lings

Perfect
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #486320

shitty ling resprite
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #486325

single mode antags are sorta iffy and i say that liking wizard
i wouldnt mind removing hivemind in favor of it though hivemind is garbage
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #486372

oranges wrote:shitty ling resprite
What, if my suggested changes are implemented, are similar to ling?

Similarities
>Thermal vision

Dissimilarities
>Everything else

The are both ability based antagonists, but the ability set is quite different. Vampire is better designed and less obnoxious.

The "mana" of changelings regenerate rapidly, the "mana" of vampires do not regenerate at all, instead it is quite limited and has to be earned.

The power curve for lings is quite flat, on the contrary, vampire start out with almost no powers.

Changeling counters
>BZ
>???

Vampire counters
>holy water
>the chapel
>the chaplain
>space

Oh, and there are several reliable tests for vampires, none for changeling.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #486430

So what if someone says vampire! And everyone heads to the chapel and camps there and builds a shuttle call panel there
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #486483

Super Aggro Crag wrote:So what if someone says vampire! And everyone heads to the chapel and camps there and builds a shuttle call panel there
Then the vampire bombs them with a TTV bomb, plasmafloods the chapel, subverts the AI, and/or sends in its thralls to kill them.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #486538

ATHATH wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:So what if someone says vampire! And everyone heads to the chapel and camps there and builds a shuttle call panel there
Then the vampire bombs them with a TTV bomb, plasmafloods the chapel, subverts the AI, and/or sends in its thralls to kill them.
so basically you wait for some shithead to self-antag or camp arrivals?
Scrumbledinks
Byond Username: Scrumbledinks

Post by Scrumbledinks » #486548

I'd love to see vampires on TG. I think they could use a few tweaks, though.

In particular I'd like to see Curator be made useful against them. Glancing over Vampire's abilities on Paradise, I see they can become immune to the Chaplain's holy water with enough blood. Maybe when they reach that point, they become a Devil and the Codex Gigas could reveal a randomly generated weakness for the Vampire? Maybe even give Curator a Richter Belmont cosplay kit along with a whip that does bonus damage versus Vampires and Thralls, too? Iunno just drifting off here whilst trying to make Curator useful for the mode. :D
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #486588

Scrumbledinks wrote:I'd love to see vampires on TG. I think they could use a few tweaks, though.

Maybe even give Curator a Richter Belmont cosplay kit along with a whip that does bonus damage versus Vampires and Thralls, too? Iunno just drifting off here whilst trying to make Curator useful for the mode. :D
This nearly happened.

Sadly it was given to the chaplain instead.

Bleck
► Show Spoiler
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #486639

I suggested a vampire antag but it was less "solo stealth antag" than "teaming optional stealth antag". The vamps COULD convert people but they were still WHOLLY CAPABLE of functioning without EVER doing that, AND converted vamps are NOT mindslaved to the vamp who converted them. Oh and they didn't have the stupid weaknesses like chapel or space, but they also didn't have as many powers. I'll link my suggestion if you want.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #486659

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
ATHATH wrote:
so basically you wait for some shithead to self-antag or camp arrivals?
They'd be using an ability to enthrall people, not just asking a non-antag nicely to do stuff for them.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #486660

ATHATH wrote:They'd be using an ability to enthrall people, not just asking a non-antag nicely to do stuff for them.
Can you enthrall people in the chapel and if not then it would still be a case of "wait for someone to self-antag"

Obviously, not everyone would actually camp in chapel since some would try to fight the vampire however it does feel like if you hear VAMPIRE then some people are gonna go do the same shit as I heard happened in shadowling aka enter maint with no flashlight and just fucking wait.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #486740

Ayy Lemoh wrote: Obviously, not everyone would actually camp in chapel since some would try to fight the vampire however it does feel like if you hear VAMPIRE then some people are gonna go do the same shit as I heard happened in shadowling aka enter maint with no flashlight and just fucking wait.
The enthrall is a late game ability and quite costly, most people do not attempt this because you are most likely going to end up a pallid corpse. Only a well fed vampire who is doing well is going to thrall you.

An unpowered vampire is going to drink your blood in order to unlock more abilities and a distressed powered vampire is going to drink your blood in order to gain more blood to fuel its jaunt and shadowstep abilities.

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Can you enthrall people in the chapel and if not then it would still be a case of "wait for someone to self-antag"
No, the vampire will catch on fire after a short while in the chapel. I find it unlikely that people will just hang out in the chapel all round. Some people might to stay there for a little while if they have reason to suspect a vampire is hunting them.