So now explosions destroy all the things

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Re: So now explosions destroy all the things

Post by Akkryls » #48126

Bottom post of the previous page:

fleure wrote:
Akkryls wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
lumipharon wrote:This is the best bug since the hallucinate del thing.
Unlike the cablecuff bug that deleted the clown.
What about the locker bugs?
At one point, if you broke out of a welded locker, your mob was deleted.
If that was the bug I introduced, I think that only happened if you escaped from a wrapped locker.

honk
That sounds about right.
Gotta love some of the interesting bugs that this game creates.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #48127

Akkryls wrote: That sounds about right.
Gotta love some of the interesting bugs that this game creates.
In all fairness, Aran explicitly told me to test it at the time, but uh I had a few beers that evening and it slipped my mind. Though wrapped lockers are a bit weird, if memory serves they're an entirely new object containing the locker object, which in turn could contain a person. We should have just made it so the sprite changes.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #48178

fleure wrote:
Akkryls wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
lumipharon wrote:This is the best bug since the hallucinate del thing.
Unlike the cablecuff bug that deleted the clown.
What about the locker bugs?
At one point, if you broke out of a welded locker, your mob was deleted.
If that was the bug I introduced, I think that only happened if you escaped from a wrapped locker.

honk
coder one-upping engaged:

hey, at least you didnt lag the server to death with a thousand floortiles.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #48190

I added Galoshes to cargo, but bugged the link so they couldn't be ordered. :twisted:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #48192

Pacid. I need not say more :)
私は完璧
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #48261

Accidentally removing borg click cooldowns
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #48266

'''accidentally'''
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #48350

This is probably the worst change Ive seen in a long time

PDA detomatrix is now laughably OP
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #48366

All the power cells in the guns got deleted by explosions in a fluke op round this morning.

Hilarious.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #48371

oranges wrote:Accidentally removing borg click cooldowns
Didn't that also remove Construct click cooldowns?
I remember Juggernauts just roaming around and turning people into paste.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #48388

You cannt reload the detectivea revolver if it survives an explosion, either by manually inserting individual bullets or using the speed loader. I presume it deletes the bullets inside of the revolver, and reloading can only happen when the revolver is empty. Or something.

Fucked me over good on flu cops yesterday.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #48434

WeeYakk wrote:All the power cells in the guns got deleted by explosions in a fluke op round this morning.

Hilarious.
Yeah I was one of the security officers during that round

The explosions also, I believe, destroyed one of the explosive implants in one of your operatives, because when I was cloned, one of the operatives was dead outside cloning with a bulldog shotgun in his backpack, upon trying to fire said shotgun, despite being loaded, it wouldn't fire (I haven't used the bulldog before so maybe it has some ID requirement?) so I think that was bugged in an explosion

A round later (or before) a PDA explosive destroyed, as CE, my hardsuit, my PDA and ID, my headset, and my screwdriver, I didn't even want to get cloned when I got killed later by a traitor and my own engineers who didn't realise I was the CE because, my ID was gone
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #48454

Fatal wrote:
WeeYakk wrote:All the power cells in the guns got deleted by explosions in a fluke op round this morning.

Hilarious.
Yeah I was one of the security officers during that round

The explosions also, I believe, destroyed one of the explosive implants in one of your operatives, because when I was cloned, one of the operatives was dead outside cloning with a bulldog shotgun in his backpack, upon trying to fire said shotgun, despite being loaded, it wouldn't fire (I haven't used the bulldog before so maybe it has some ID requirement?) so I think that was bugged in an explosion
Nope, no ID requirement, that's a bug.
:^)
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48456

This seems like it is now trivially easy to destroy unique equipment like the CE hardsuit, as well as traitor objectives like the medal of captaincy or the hand tele. Poly acid already fills the niche of destroying items, and explosions were robust enough before. Why was this change added?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #48460

Fatal wrote:This is probably the worst change Ive seen in a long time

To be fair, detomatix carts needed a buff. ;)
Wyzack wrote:Why was this change added?
Have you considered reading the posts in the thread?
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #48466

This is really bad. I got PDA bombed in maint today, and lost my ID, my radio and my O2 tank in addition to a bunch of other random things. Cue running back and forth in maint unable to leave for 20 minutes until some random assistant opened a nearby door.
Razharas
Byond Username: Razharas

Post by Razharas » #48470

I havent had so much fun in a while
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #48476

I'm sort of fine with actual real explosions, c4, minibomb, syndibomb, TTV bomb destroying things (once the bugs are worked out and it stops breaking everything)

However, the PDA bomb and the explosive implant? Okay sure I can see the explosive implant perhaps knocking things OFF you, but the majority of the explosion force is on the victim

And the PDA bomb, just remove it destroying items, before everyone metagames it and turns their PDAs off
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #48483

Cheridan wrote:
Fatal wrote:This is probably the worst change Ive seen in a long time

To be fair, detomatix carts needed a buff. ;)

They're like the new para pen though...

You see your target? They're in a secluded place?

BLOW THEIR FUCKING PDA UP

They're stunned, they can't open doors because their ID is on the ground, and they're deaf. Cue liberal application of EMP kit/esword to the face.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #48492

It's most annoying because of Detomatix and that it destroys internal'hidden' components in guns and other items

Also fuck fireball
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #48514

Yes, this is a ridiculous change that needs to go.

I thought it was a bug at first. Somebody suggested that it was realistic, and I pointed out that objects within items were being destroyed whilst the holding or external items were unharmed - jumpsuits vanishing before coats etc. It's utter nonsense, and I honestly thought it was a bug up until somebody convinced me, in a state of utter horror, that it was something that somebody sat down and coded on purpose.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #48516

lumipharon wrote:Singulo ripping your clothes off when?

Edit: Actually please no, singulo is rape enough as is. Please just make explosions not destroy shit unless it in the gib zone, or something. It's just unfun.
But that would be perfect for my erotic fanfiction...
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #48554

Just a reminder that this is terrible even in concept. A miner being hit by gibtonite is now ggnore dead irregardless of the level of bomb resistance on their hardsuits since the bomb is just going to delete part of their rig or their air tank/mask anyway.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #48557

cedarbridge wrote:Just a reminder that this is terrible even in concept. A miner being hit by gibtonite is now ggnore dead irregardless of the level of bomb resistance on their hardsuits since the bomb is just going to delete part of their rig or their air tank/mask anyway.
>That feel when air tank gone
>No air
>No backpack
>No id

GG NO RE
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Aleph

Post by Aleph » #48618

You can blow up people's implants too, works both ways since security will lob a potassium grenade to kill your adrenal implant or revs will try to reconvert loyalists with IEDs to blow the loyalist implants. It also stops syndies from self destructing
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #48635

Aleph wrote:or revs will try to reconvert loyalists with IEDs to blow the loyalist implants.
"JOIN US OR WE'LL BOMB THE FUCK OUT OF YOU. WE'RE TOTALLY BETTER THAN NANOTRASEN"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #48637

But... IEDs are non-explosive? I turned them into firebombs ages ago
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #48646

Aleph wrote:You can blow up people's implants too, works both ways since security will lob a potassium grenade to kill your adrenal implant or revs will try to reconvert loyalists with IEDs to blow the loyalist implants. It also stops syndies from self destructing
Oh god this fucking update.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Scones

Post by Scones » #48648

Aleph wrote:You can blow up people's implants too, works both ways since security will lob a potassium grenade to kill your adrenal implant or revs will try to reconvert loyalists with IEDs to blow the loyalist implants. It also stops syndies from self destructing
Happened to me yesterday as an operative - Got hit by a minibomb (Because it sort of bugged out on me) which blew not only most of my gear but also evidently my implant. The icon to detonate was no longer there.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #48656

Cecily wrote:
Happened to me yesterday as an operative - Got hit by a minibomb (Because it sort of bugged out on me) which blew not only most of my gear but also evidently my implant. The icon to detonate was no longer there.
This is so bad.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #48675

Getting blown as a borg now is an instant round out now.
goymaster123
Byond Username: Goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #48799

Played miner a lot today
this is the 3rd time i've died.

The first and second time I died I got hit by what I believe to be the very last effected tile of an gibtonite explosion
this time I died because I diamond drilled into gibtonite and before I could react it drilled again and instantly exploded, pretty sure I would have lived if it hadn't stripped me of literally every item save my ID, my mesons, my jordans, and the stuff in my pockets which promptly fell onto the floor

Oh well, I die happy knowing that at least they left me with my shades and my jordans
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Post by Saltycut » #48824

Today during Nuclear Ops round our reckless leader managed to plant C4 on the briefing table. Explosion deleted my night vision googles, military belt along with my stechkin and spare ammo, my ID and headset. For the rest of the round I wasn't able communicate with the rest of the operatives and open any door on the syndie shuttle. This is litteraly the most annoying chage ever. Explosions were powerful enough already, they can kill multiple targets at once, they leave breaches that expose everyone to cold and vaccum potentialy killing or significantly harming those staying in the area. Deleting items should be reserved to politrynic acid.
Femstation 5ever
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #48825

this is probably the most hilarious bug of the year.
didn't think we'd get a worthy challenger so close to the end of the year, especially since we've had a lot of hilarious bugs this year (secret monkey technique, the clowns banana being fucking tiny, floor tiles, etc)
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #48829

So in yet ANOTHER example of why this is terrible, we just got out of a nuke ops round, where we as the ops did almost everything right. We blew telecoms before word got out of us being on station. We killed most of sec. We break into bridge to get disk only to see that it is in AI upload. Since upload is bolted shut, it has to be C4ed open since our syndieborg fucked off disobeying orders and never responded on radio.

Since the C4 is an explosion it gibbed the nuke disk from like 5 tiles away. So instead of us having the disk that we should have had, disk teleports off to fuck-knows where and we aren't able to get it and get out.

So instead of a good round, it was just another set of fluke-ops, all because of this shitty change. And one borg that couldn't obey its laws.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48901

This change has become slowspace 2: Electric boogaloo in terms of community reception.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #48905

Holy fuck why is the fix not merged yet, jesus fuck is the high priority flag decorative?
Scones

Post by Scones » #48924

Uplink got destroyed, couldn't greentext.

PLEASE fix this - Why was it so obviously not tested before merging?
Spacezenegger

Post by Spacezenegger » #48925

This all sounds absolutely hilarious.

Its a feature.~
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #48949

>Be a miner
>PDA explodes
>entire suit is gone and internals
>no suit sensors, no air, no warmth, no hope
>RIP

Please remove this.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #48956

Wyzack wrote:This change has become slowspace 2: Electric boogaloo in terms of community reception.
At least slowspace wasn't horribly bugged beyond relief and brought at least one good change (singularity becoming crazy robust, I think). Still bad, but nowhere near as bad as this.

I mean holy shit, how does something screw up this much.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #49013

The explosion fix PR has been merged, everything should work properly again once the server updates.
Razharas

Post by Razharas » #49018

*cliffhanger background music starts to play* ...or not?
The end.
Title screen starts below this line
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #49026

>UPLINK IMPLANT GETS DESTROYED IN EXPLOSION

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Razharas

Post by Razharas » #49032

Set myself fitting avatar specially for such occasion
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #49034

tbh i've just been laughing ever since this bug popped up because of how hilariously broken it was.
it's all ogre now, though.
Razharas

Post by Razharas » #49035

Lets hope sos will not update servers for some days so we can all enjoy this wonderful feature for the last time
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #49044

So today a nuke op team bought a mauler. It got hit by a c4 explosion, which destroyed the ammo clip for it's gun, leaving it with the shitty (although sometimes hilarious because of the bug) missile launcher. Good use of tc's.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #49058

Just like real mechwarrior!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #49063

So wait, is this fix going to revert explosion item destruction, or just the deleting implants/ammo in guns bug? Because that is an important distinction. Even if buggy things stop getting deleted, gibtonite is still gg no re for miners when it deletes their hardsuit in the middle of the roid, as well as unique items and traitor objectives being easily destroy able.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Scones

Post by Scones » #49083

Wyzack wrote:So wait, is this fix going to revert explosion item destruction, or just the deleting implants/ammo in guns bug? Because that is an important distinction. Even if buggy things stop getting deleted, gibtonite is still gg no re for miners when it deletes their hardsuit in the middle of the roid, as well as unique items and traitor objectives being easily destroy able.
True suffering is having your uplink destroyed for being on the outskirts of an explosion without having bought any items