Galaxor

[Ban Appeal][Host] Galaxor - Admin mistake, Accidentally banned

Post by Galaxor » #486704

Your Byond ckey: Galaxor

Your character name: Mark Bannon

Admin who banned you: Unknown

Type of ban (What are you banned from?): Server

Ban duration: Perma

Ban reason: 'Used homophobic language, disconnected before they could be questioned or warned.'

Your side of the story: I did not use homophobic slurs, actually. You can go back and check all of my verbs and logs, I had made a report on someone who had said faggot that got into an altercation with me, if you read my verbs/adminhelp. The person who had used the slurs was an Alpha smartgunner whose last name was Greenman, I believe. I never once used it and was warned for it in the past, which is why I reported it. I was standing in the hallway with a sec officer (Ashley something, Kiefer perhaps?) and another marine when he used the homophobic slur against me, to which I then reported it. I'm not sure if the admin that banned me is new or not, but it is easy to check if I used the language or not, which I didn't. I then disconnected shortly. I tried to reconnect around 10-20 or so minutes late to check back up on the status of my ahelp to find that I was wrongfully banned. You can verify my side of this easily through logs.

Why do you think you should be unbanned: The banning admin made a mistake, I did not use any homophobic language whatsoever and was actually reporting someone using the slurs and the admin somehow mistook it for being me using the slurs. The only insults I said were 'fucker', 'eat shit', and 'suck my dick' and I never once used any slurs or any kind.
RipGrayson
TGMC Maintainer
Byond Username: RipGrayson

Re: [Ban Appeal][Host] Galaxor - Admin mistake, Accidentally banned

Post by RipGrayson » #486719

Hello! I was your admin for this case, the perma in this case was really meant more as a "come talk things out" ban than an actual perma ban because you disconnected before anyone could talk with you.

I will review your logs as soon as I can, if I banned you in error then you can expect a full reversal and a full apology (for this particular ban) on my part, hopefully within twelve hours of this writing.
Galaxor

Post by Galaxor » #486815

RipGrayson wrote:Hello! I was your admin for this case, the perma in this case was really meant more as a "come talk things out" ban than an actual perma ban because you disconnected before anyone could talk with you.

I will review your logs as soon as I can, if I banned you in error then you can expect a full reversal and a full apology (for this particular ban) on my part, hopefully within twelve hours of this writing.

Thanks man, don't worry about rushing it
RipGrayson
TGMC Maintainer

Post by RipGrayson » #486867

I have reviewed your logs, some of the offending chat is listed below
[2019-03-29 02:22:17.692] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Suck my fucking cock, Greenman." Hallway Port (143, 42, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:21:47.252] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Fucking dyke." Hallway Port (143, 42, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:22:32.356] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Oh my bad dyke." Hallway Port (145, 43, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:24:21.504] LOOC: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "LOOC: you're a cancerous cunt" Hallway Aft (145, 165, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:23:28.327] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Suck a fucking cock, tell the truth you little piece of shit." Hallway Aft (145, 165, 3)
You don't have a history of this and normally this wouldn't lead to a permaban but you disconnected before you could be warned over it. I understand you were fighting with another marine at the time and you probably didn't mean anything serious by it, but this is a violation of rule 1 and possibly rule 8 depending on how you look at it.
Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time. Harassment, hate speech and bigotry are not allowed here. We'd like our server free of racism, homophobia and sexism as much as possible, both IC and OOC. Going out of your way to negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules. See escalation for specifics.
As I said, you seem pretty chill and I don't think you intended to break the rules here. If you are willing to avoid this kind of language in the future I will lift your ban when I get on.
Galaxor

Post by Galaxor » #486882

I agree to that completely
Galaxor

Post by Galaxor » #486885

RipGrayson wrote:I have reviewed your logs, some of the offending chat is listed below
[2019-03-29 02:22:17.692] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Suck my fucking cock, Greenman." Hallway Port (143, 42, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:21:47.252] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Fucking dyke." Hallway Port (143, 42, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:22:32.356] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Oh my bad dyke." Hallway Port (145, 43, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:24:21.504] LOOC: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "LOOC: you're a cancerous cunt" Hallway Aft (145, 165, 3)
[2019-03-29 02:23:28.327] SAY: Galaxor/(Mark Bannon) "Suck a fucking cock, tell the truth you little piece of shit." Hallway Aft (145, 165, 3)
You don't have a history of this and normally this wouldn't lead to a permaban but you disconnected before you could be warned over it. I understand you were fighting with another marine at the time and you probably didn't mean anything serious by it, but this is a violation of rule 1 and possibly rule 8 depending on how you look at it.
Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time. Harassment, hate speech and bigotry are not allowed here. We'd like our server free of racism, homophobia and sexism as much as possible, both IC and OOC. Going out of your way to negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules. See escalation for specifics.
As I said, you seem pretty chill and I don't think you intended to break the rules here. If you are willing to avoid this kind of language in the future I will lift your ban when I get on.
Whoops, was trying to quote this. Yeah, I agree to everything stated
RipGrayson
TGMC Maintainer

Post by RipGrayson » #486896

Your ban has been lifted and this appeal has been approved.
Please enjoy the game, see you server side.
Galaxor

Post by Galaxor » #486897

RipGrayson wrote:Your ban has been lifted and this appeal has been approved.
Please enjoy the game, see you server side.

Thank you, I really appreciate it Grayson