Rob Ust Jr: Sybil

Post by Jimthebob123 » #48716

Your byond account: GrimithReaper
Your character name: Grimith J Reaper
Their character name: Rob Ust Jr
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ninja137
Server and time: Sybil 1:10 (GMT)
Logs and/or screenshots: None Avalible
Description of what happened: He flooded the station with killer tomatoes once and kudzu as well and i'm sure he did other things as well however i may not have been online for them
Why they should be banned: he should be perma-banned he has many previous bans be they antag or server and he has ruined many rounds for lots of people with his antics he is a general shitler who should be banned
Aleph

Re: Rob Ust Jr: Sybil

Post by Aleph » #48717

Round's not over yet.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #48722

This is a pretty bad ban appeal and some facts are wrong, so let me try to straighten stuff out. The player this appeal is about is a different player than Rob Ust AKA Youngbuckliontiger. The player in question's IC name is just Rob Ust Jr. As far as I know he has not released killer tomatoes. This ban appeal was prompted because Rob Ust Jr. released high potency kudzu at different places throughout the station while he was a cultist, making the round virtually unplayable as everything was covered in kudzu. Anon3 even resorted to spawning a shitload of goats because it was that bad, I believe.

I was a cultist during the round in question and I second this ban request. Rob Ust Jr. released kudzu that probably killed more cultists than security, made it impossible to move around the station and generally just screwed everyone playing over. There was no reason to do this during a team antag round.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48723

Jimthebob123 wrote:Your byond account: GrimithReaper
Your character name: Grimith J Reaper
Their character name: Rob Ust Jr
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ninja137
Server and time: Sybil 1:10 (GMT)
Logs and/or screenshots: None Avalible
Description of what happened: He flooded the station with killer tomatoes once and kudzu as well and i'm sure he did other things as well however i may not have been online for them
Why they should be banned: he should be perma-banned he has many previous bans be they antag or server and he has ruined many rounds for lots of people with his antics he is a general shitler who should be banned
Jimthebob123 wrote: He flooded the station with killer tomatoes once
I've never once made killer tomatoes at any point in my entire career on this game. If you're going to accuse me of something, at least get your facts straight. You are most likely thinking of the normal Rob Ust, who I can't confirm might have done it or not.
Jimthebob123 wrote:and i'm sure he did other things as well however i may not have been online for them
Make a complaint about something you actually saw me do and I'll gladly tell you exactly what I did and whether or not I did it. If you don't actually have something I did, don't bother wasting people's time with making a thread.

Over the past week, I've made Kudzu... I think 3-4 times. Once was when I was a cultist previously, yesterday or the day before I believe, at a low intensity where it would hardly do a thing. It was entirely useless outside of being a mild annoyance to people, and the cult would have, and nearly did, win. The only thing that stopped them from doing so was a Xenomorph event that lead to about 10 xenos rampaging their way through the station amid the vines.

Earlier today, the round in question was Cult. I was a botanist. I spent my round more or less dicking around trying to see if I could get potency 100 Kudzu, because until today it's entirely evaded me due to amazingly poor luck. For the majority of the early round, the cult appeared to be doing pretty much fine. They were getting shit done and converting people, and things were pretty much set for me to be able to while away a relatively quiet round in Botany attempting to see if I could get the Kudzu to work, with a side-project of Deathnettles to arm people up. Kudzu, conveniently, actually mulches in the Biogen for a ridiculous amount of points, which was going to get used got gloves for all the <100 Potency Kudzu. Over the course of the round, the cult eventually got caught, and from what it sounded like things started to go to total hell with people getting caught and fucked up.

As a Botanist in the middle of a cult round, lacking Deathnettles or any way to be able to contribute to what seemed to be the scattered and fleeing remnants of the cult from the cultchat at the time, I walked out and released the Kudzu to provide a distraction and, hopefully, get the heat off the cult long enough for them to break free/be able to group up with the/let them get their target at the time. Unfortunately, a strain right in the bar/med hallway mutated into the hilariously deadly black kudzu, which a good 15 people proceeded to run head-first directly into despite the quickly growing pile of corpses that began to accumulate in it. I had also given two other people, also cultists, bags of seeds to distribute. One of them put the seeds up near Sec, which then mutated into the orange strain, and proceeded to pretty much entirely block off Sec and barricade the HoS and, I believe, the Warden into the HoS office. Shortly after, an admin (BlessedHeretic, I think?) deleted all of the vines on the station due to deadchat exploding because of the vines.
Jimthebob123
Byond Username: Jimthebob123

Post by Jimthebob123 » #48724

This is actually my first forum post ever so even i thought it was bad, go check out the other ban appeal on the forum its much better
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #48725

1) Round's not ended yet.

2) He gave out bags full of seeds to other cultists as well, I myself being one of them. The station ended up more or less completely covered in insta-kill Katzu, however I think it was kinda a mutual thing since a couple of the other cultists were assisting in spreading it out all over the place. (I wasn't aware it was so powerful until after it downed me, I assumed that it was the normal stuff that you could just resist out of - which would make it more than nothing but a nuisance. Regardless, I primarily focused my katzu planting at the brig / inside of security, which proved to indeed help the fellow cultists since it resulted in most of security dying.)

3) He did wait until the cult was caught by security to start unleashing his torrent of doom.

4) An admin ended up intervening by spawning a ton of goats, and then eventually deleting all the katzu all together since the crew was unable to combat it.

As a productive antagonist this round (I made two~three constructs and provided the cult with a number of weapons, and killed multiple members of security as a sleeper agent), I personally feel that while this did add another degree of danger to the round, and since other antagonists assisted him in it, it was hilarious enough to be considered valid.
Last edited by ShizCalev on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48728

AdenAbrafo wrote:This is a pretty bad ban appeal and some facts are wrong, so let me try to straighten stuff out. The player this appeal is about is a different player than Rob Ust AKA Youngbuckliontiger. The player in question's IC name is just Rob Ust Jr. As far as I know he has not released killer tomatoes. This ban appeal was prompted because Rob Ust Jr. released high potency kudzu at different places throughout the station while he was a cultist, making the round virtually unplayable as everything was covered in kudzu. Anon3 even resorted to spawning a shitload of goats because it was that bad, I believe.

I was a cultist during the round in question and I second this ban request. Rob Ust Jr. released kudzu that probably killed more cultists than security, made it impossible to move around the station and generally just screwed everyone playing over. There was no reason to do this during a team antag round.
The only reason that it killed more people than Sec was because of the chance mutation of black kudzu in probably the absolute worst possible spot that it could spawn in, and the following lemming-rush of people into it for a solid minute, despite the bloodstains and corpses filling the little thicket.

I'll take responsibility for releasing it, I've not denied that for a second. It mutating like that, in that spot, isn't directly my fault. I released it, but I don't control how it grows or where it mutates. I've already recieved a team-antag ban for what was at first (I think) 10800 minutes, and was apparently later changed to a permanent antag ban for all antags at the request of a headmin.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #48730

As a Botanist in the middle of a cult round, lacking Deathnettles or any way to be able to contribute to what seemed to be the scattered and fleeing remnants of the cult from the cultchat at the time, I walked out and released the Kudzu to provide a distraction and, hopefully, get the heat off the cult long enough for them to break free/be able to group up with the/let them get their target at the time. Unfortunately, a strain right in the bar/med hallway mutated into the hilariously deadly black kudzu, which a good 15 people proceeded to run head-first directly into despite the quickly growing pile of corpses that began to accumulate in it. I had also given two other people, also cultists, bags of seeds to distribute. One of them put the seeds up near Sec, which then mutated into the orange strain, and proceeded to pretty much entirely block off Sec and barricade the HoS and, I believe, the Warden into the HoS office. Shortly after, an admin (BlessedHeretic, I think?) deleted all of the vines on the station due to deadchat exploding because of the vines.
Let's break this down, even though I think the motive you're claiming is bullshit. At the time they were released about two MAYBE three people had been caught. Let's say you assumed that there were more. Instead of collaborating with the cult, telling everyone you're going to release it by using an arcane book or something you decide to put it in the medbay hallway. Probably one of the most populated hallways. Are you seriously surprised people were running into it?
Ignoring the fact that you didn't even alert the rest of the cultists to what you were doing and the danger you also gave two people bags of seeds to distribute. You gave two people multiple bags of seeds of 100 potency kudzu to distribute throughout the station. What did you think was going to happen? Did you tell them how potent it was?
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48731

ShizCalev wrote:1) Round's not ended yet.

2) He gave out bags full of seeds to other cultists as well, I myself being one of them. The station ended up more or less completely covered in insta-kill Katzu, however I think it was kinda a mutual thing since a couple of the other cultists were assisting in spreading it out all over the place. (I wasn't aware it was so powerful until after it downed me, I assumed that it was the normal stuff that you could just resist out of - which would make it more than nothing but a nuisance. Regardless, I primarily focused my katzu planting at the brig / inside of security, which proved to indeed help the fellow cultists since it resulted in most of security dying.)

3) He did wait until the cult was caught by security to start unleashing his torrent of doom.

4) An admin ended up intervening by spawning a ton of goats, and then eventually deleting all the katzu all together since the crew was unable to combat it.
ShizCalev wrote:The station ended up more or less completely covered in insta-kill Katzu,
There was a patch of Black Kudzu on the airlocks near the east bridge entrance to the hall to medbay, extending into the bar. Other than that, ~80% of all the Kudzu was plain green. There was thick thorns near Sec, and ~4 patches of Red that was max 5 tiles near Medbay and Robo. The one that did 90%+ of the killing was the black, which spawned at the most imopurtune spot possible.
Jimthebob123
Byond Username: Jimthebob123

Post by Jimthebob123 » #48733

round just ended
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Post by Saltycut » #48735

Ninja137 wrote: Over the past week, I've made Kudzu... I think 3-4 times. Once was when I was a cultist previously, yesterday or the day before I believe, at a low intensity where it would hardly do a thing. It was entirely useless outside of being a mild annoyance to people, and the cult would have, and nearly did, win. The only thing that stopped them from doing so was a Xenomorph event that lead to about 10 xenos rampaging their way through the station amid the vines.
As I was cultist that previous round too, I will dare to state my experience. Saying that it was mild annoyace couldn't be further from truth. I don't know about the others but me and two other cultists died at the escape to that kudzu. I would like to state however that Ninja137 wasn't the only person planting the kudzu at that particualr team-antag round (I can't remeber the name of the other person sadly) and if he is being punished the other person doing this probably should recieve some penalty either.
Femstation 5ever
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #48737

Oh, didn't realize that was black Katzu that did that - I figured katzu was buffed overall or some shit since I haven't been around in a while (that's what folks said in deadchat when I ran into the lightless deathtrap outside of the bar). I still find it hilarious none the less that so many people died simply because of RNG turning the most traffic heavy area of the station into a graveyard.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48738

AdenAbrafo wrote:
Let's break this down, even though I think the motive you're claiming is bullshit. At the time they were released about two MAYBE three people had been caught. Let's say you assumed that there were more. Instead of collaborating with the cult, telling everyone you're going to release it by using an arcane book or something you decide to put it in the medbay hallway. Probably one of the most populated hallways. Are you seriously surprised people were running into it?
Ignoring the fact that you didn't even alert the rest of the cultists to what you were doing and the danger you also gave two people bags of seeds to distribute. You gave two people multiple bags of seeds of 100 potency kudzu to distribute throughout the station. What did you think was going to happen? Did you tell them how potent it was?
1) The Medbay hallway was the very last thing to get anything planted in it.
2) Yeah, I probably should have communicated with them more. That's my fuckup and, at the time, I didn't really think to do that.
3) The people given Kudzu were told that it was strong.
4) Yes, infact, I am mildly surprised that the people that were complaining about Black Kudzu being hyperdeadly were, strangely enough, the same people to run head-first into a thicket of it that was already clogged with corpses and blood, like a mentally challenged clown seeing an emagged trash compactor and thinking it looked like the perfect spot to hide inside of.

In response to Saltycut: If you played that round, you know full well that the entire reason the cult lost was because of the xeno swarm that descended on them at Escape.
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48739

ShizCalev wrote:Oh, didn't realize that was black Katzu that did that - I figured katzu was buffed overall or some shit since I haven't been around in a while (that's what folks said in deadchat when I ran into the lightless deathtrap outside of the bar). I still find it hilarious none the less that so many people died simply because of RNG turning the most traffic heavy area of the station into a graveyard.
Black Kudzu fucks shit up hard. Blood-red explodes, potentially in max-cap bomb tier explosions. There's some that suck O2 out of the air, the same goes for plasma, n2, and I want to say CO2 but I'm unsure. There's thorny kudzu, strangler kudzu, thick kudzu that refuses to cut, kudzu that gives off light, kudzu that is transparent, and a few other variant ones.
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Post by Saltycut » #48740

Ninja137 wrote:In response to Saltycut: If you played that round, you know full well that the entire reason the cult lost was because of the xeno swarm that descended on them at Escape.
Actually, the xenos were spawned after I died (and when vines were covering basicaily the whole station) beacuse I was revived as one of them. I can't state that kudzu was the only reason we lost, but I can say that before the admin intervention I was removed from the round because of it. I am also pretty sure that you didn't discuss or even warn us about planting it.
Femstation 5ever
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #48742

Saltycut wrote:
Ninja137 wrote:In response to Saltycut: If you played that round, you know full well that the entire reason the cult lost was because of the xeno swarm that descended on them at Escape.
Actually, the xenos were spawned after I died (and when vines were covering basicaily the whole station) beacuse I was revived as one of them. I can't state that kudzu was the only reason we lost, but I can say that before the admin intervention I was removed from the round because of it. I am also pretty sure that you didn't discuss or even warn us about planting it.
Multiple people were talked with near Botany before I went out, and well over half the crew saw it through the windows as they ran by. During that round, there were almost hardly any Kudzu mutations, AFAIK. It was ~85 potency, and the spread was unlucky, leaving a vast majority of plain green Kudzu. The reason that the cult had lost was, in VERY large part, due to the Xenos that started tear-assing around and murdering people. The cult was, at the end of the round, pretty much fully set to win. They were going to get out, and then lolxenos, and everyone died. I was the Queen that round.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #48743

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?