[Saegrimr] Zeryphyx - Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
zery

[Saegrimr] Zeryphyx - Ban Appeal

Post by zery » #487650

Byond account and character name: Byond: Zeryphyx , Character Name: Unknown. Best guess Certii Fickate?

Banning admin: Saegrimr

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban

Ban reason and length: Flooded Plasma and Logged - Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-03-15, 12:11:10 (GMT)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Honestly unknown. I was only aware of the one server.

Your side of the story: Honestly there isn't too much to say, it was my first time playing Spacestation 13 after a friend of mine got me to try the game. They basically described it as a walking cartoon and barely described it beyond total anarchy and mayhem. The result was a lack of really explaining what they were having me do and the prompt plasma flood. Freaking out and with no idea what to do to fix it and the sudden chaos after, I logged out in a total freakout panic as said 'friend' simply giggled at the result. It was only after finding out I couldn't log back in that I read up on the severity of what happened and felt like a fool for it.

Why you think you should be unbanned: After actually reading up on the game and a good two years of practice on other servers, I've matured as a player beyond listening to whatever someone is parroting at me in my ear. Learning that the game is although silly and chaotic, it isn't a total cartoon where mayhem reigns. It takes only the slightest action to spoil another's game if not everyone's.

If nothing else, I do want to apologize for totally buggering a game up with my naive actions. (Also as a side note, apologies if I missed something in making this appeal.)
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [Saegrimr] Zeryphyx - Ban Appeal

Post by Okand37 » #487662

As noted in the post, the ban reason was as follows:
Permanently banned - Flood plasma and logged, please appeal on the forums.
We used to do these kind of bans up til about mid-to-late 2016 as a way of asking players who logged out of the game before we had the chance to question them to come to the forums so we could work through the situation and determine a more reasonable course of action. We don't really do them as much any more but they serve the purpose of "come to the forums and we'll work it out." This can be a bit discouraging (or confusing) to players who aren't acquainted with our system though.

All we can really ask of you is when an admin interacts with you in the future, please stay connected to the server so we can talk over the issue with you and any other involved parties.

I'm going to go ahead and unban you, but I'd like to read our rules just to make sure you're acquainted with them. The game has definitely changed a lot in four years, so there's plenty of new fun to explore! Make sure to press F1 or use the "Adminhelp" command ingame to ask for admin assistance if and when you need it.

Have fun!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?