[Cedarbridge] Arosntha - Ban Evasion Missunderstanding

Appeals which have been closed.
Arosntha

[Cedarbridge] Arosntha - Ban Evasion Missunderstanding

Post by Arosntha » #487653

Byond Account: Arosntha. http://www.byond.com/members/Arosntha Yuri Andropov
Banning Admin: Cedarbridge.
Ban Reason and Lenght: Potential ban evasion, Permanent. Apparently my connection (I use WTFast for ping reasons) was linked to a dude named "Grumpygrandpa1946", who was banned in 2015. Image: https://imgur.com/a/TxkuLnI
Time Ban Was Placed: 18:16 UTC/GMT -3 hours, Chilean Summer Time
Server You Were Playing On: Sybil
Story: I believe that's this is just a misunderstanding, probably related to the fact i use WTFast in order to have a lovely ping while playing SS13 on your servers. Maybe at some point in time, some shitter used the same connection i used today to connect to the server, and got perm banned, and now somehow i got caught in his mess.
Why you think you should be unbanned?: I learned about SS13 existence a week ago from a friend, and man, i've been having fun all these last few days, healthy, non-rule breaking fun. I've learned my roles, i've played them accordingly and haven't even gotten a single warning from my behaviour until now. I would like to keep playing on TG servers, they're great, are always full, and i've gotten to know a few people already, so, it would sadden me greatly to be unable to play on them. My vacation days are almost over, and i'd like to spend them playing SS13.
Last edited by Okand37 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Included IC name provided by poster in later post.
Arosntha

Re: [Cedarbridge] Arosntha - Ban Evasion Missunderstanding

Post by Arosntha » #487659

I forgot to add my character name!. The rules state i can't modify my original post, so, i'll write it here. Char name: Yuri Andropov
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #487669

Original banning admin is Shaps
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #487678

After adminbus discussion I've removed the ban as a possible false positive.