PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

why is readding Gang so taboo?

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475045

Gang was removed from the rotation and code gutted entirely for "being shit."

Modes that are worse than gang that were added after gang was removed:
  • Clock cult (was not code gutted): Like gangs, but the finale is 10x longer, conversion is 10x easier, and instead of finding a place on the station to set up a base, they have an entire z-level complete with free building materials and sleepers to set up a base
  • Overthrow (was not code gutted): Complete shitshow, was rightfully removed from the rotation almost immediately (but only because the creator stopped updating it???)
  • Hivemind (not even removed from the rotation): Le mind control, le walk out airlock. A WeLl DeSiGnEd mode that is so eNgAgInG and FuN that 98% of the crew thinks the mode is Extended!
If gang was removed "because it is shit" AND had every single feature and line of code associated with it reverted, why are these modes still in the game to any degree, and why is even mentioning re-adding gang immediately met with "LOL NO"? (although that's only on the forums/discord, a notable amount of people in OOC want gang back)

Discuss the above and also discuss why gang should/should not return.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: why is readding Gang so taboo?

Post by TehSteveo » #475050

At one time before the meta developed gang was really fun as usually it was gangs fighting eachother. However, after the meta gang just became one gang dying early, one gang puttering out with maybe three people, and one gang taking off that fought security who would just crackdown as soon as a tag was seen. It just felt like playing revolution with guns after the meta set in.
Freedom
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #475056

Remember that split second period in Gangs when people could order literal Admin Only Mechs and spawn turrets from thin air because they tagged enough places.

The only real reason I found gangs as a better TDM then revs, was the simple fact that everyone was making GTA San Andreas memes and references.
► Show Spoiler
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #475058

Shadowflame909 wrote:Remember that split second period in Gangs when people could order literal Admin Only Mechs and spawn turrets from thin air because they tagged enough places.
remember when Joan intentionally testmerged broken updates to Gang to fuck over Robustin?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475059

iamgoofball wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:Remember that split second period in Gangs when people could order literal Admin Only Mechs and spawn turrets from thin air because they tagged enough places.
remember when Joan intentionally testmerged broken updates to Gang to fuck over Robustin?
That, and the fact that Robustin's changes were way too drastic and didn't address the core issues of the mode in the first place. Robustin-Gang would not be what we would re-add, if we were to.
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #475062

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
That, and the fact that Robustin's changes were way too drastic and didn't address the core issues of the mode in the first place. Robustin-Gang would not be what we would re-add, if we were to.
a lot of his changes relied on very fine number balance and the testmerges were done knowing full well test or debug values were in sometimes
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #475063

Robustin gang just made it more like cult with more stuff added to spawn in, but at it's core it's still a TDM. In all honesty I feel the player mentality is at fault. People rather murderbone than recruit people and anytime they get resistance to recruitment they just kill. Additionally, Gang pre-meta, security wouldn't come crashing down because of tags. Security would generally respond once violence and/or theft started occurring. That or they were slipmemed and implant broken which recruited them before the slip wore off.

In a way I feel implant breaks not only removing an implant but recruiting would help encourage gangs to go back to recruiting versus murderboning. I remember early where there was rounds of gang where I was recruited to one gang, then captured by security and loyalty implanted, then captured again to another gang. There were other rounds back then I seen some people flip flopped to different factions multiple times. There was actually a consciousness movement to not kill, but keep people alive as resources.
Freedom
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #475065

someday i'll bring back Families, the superior gamemode
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475066

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #475085

Fixed your image
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #475094

but that's not true
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #475097

wan't the big issue with gangs the sec mains literally turning what was meant to be a gang vs gang into sec versus everyone else mode and posting their "strats" because god forbid sec aren't the protagonists

I remember one guy literally saying "security are a conversion antag"
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #475102

Are you going to code and mantain Gang?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #475109

because gang is fucking shit
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #475121

PKPenguin321 wrote:but that's not true
DON"T BE FUCKING STUPID YOU IRREDEMABLIJEWS:KL DSFLKSDUFG;lg jnawevl'jhrehl hkg 'l
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #475139

kierany nerfed le epic airwalk walkies

if a gamemode is being actively developed by someone who isnt insane (r*bustin) or has a ton of content that could be reworked or used for admin memes it's probably not going to get removed

overthrow could feasibly be removed at some point or it could just sit in the code dead like internal affairs agents, monkey, et cetera.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #475206

Conversion modes are bad to begin with, then add Robustin and his inability to balance anything at all and you get a horrible shitshow.

I would like to remind people that to try and solve the problem of security cracking down on gangs Robustin testmerged a version of gangs that literally blew up security at roundstart.

Gangs was bad, conversion modes are bad, and Robustin cant into balance.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #475227

It's my fault.

Treated it as my personal experimental plaything to try out all sorts of wacky ideas for fun and ended up bloated as hell.

If I were to start over it would be a lot simpler and work with the existing game's dynamics instead of trying to make a game-in-a-game. It wouldn't resemble gang at all, but I think a symmetrical team vs team mode can still work.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #475519

Ikarrus wrote:It's my fault.

Treated it as my personal experimental plaything to try out all sorts of wacky ideas for fun and ended up bloated as hell.

If I were to start over it would be a lot simpler and work with the existing game's dynamics instead of trying to make a game-in-a-game. It wouldn't resemble gang at all, but I think a symmetrical team vs team mode can still work.
based
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #475530

convert modes are great imo they're the only reason I bother playing sec.

afaik gang was gutted for the reasons ikarrus said, too bloated to really work with, just start fresh if you really want to see gangs again.

I don't think it's taboo as much as there's straight up nobody willing to code an entire new gamemode and maintain it (can you blame them? there have been zero well received new gamemodes for ages)

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #475553

gangs but the objective is to get as much goofbucks as you can without dying or getting purged by annoyed sec

selling weed, drugs and weapons to the crew illegaly, also printing fake money

wait, thats just darkRP
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #475617

Shezza wrote:gangs but the objective is to get as much goofbucks as you can without dying or getting purged by annoyed sec

selling weed, drugs and weapons to the crew illegaly, also printing fake money

wait, thats just darkRP
Goofbux gang would be very similar to actual Goongang. Goongang has the bonus of having gang membership being voluntary and gang members themselves having the same protection from sec as non-gang members.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #475618

Dr_bee wrote:
Goofbux gang would be very similar to actual Goongang. Goongang has the bonus of having gang membership being voluntary and gang members themselves having the same protection from sec as non-gang members.
where do you think i stole the ideas for Families from
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #475691

iamgoofball wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:
where do you think i stole the ideas for Families from
darkRP
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #475901

PKPenguin321 wrote:(although that's only on the forums/discord, a notable amount of people in OOC want gang back)
The same could be said about Clock Cult too, to an extent. Wanting it back isn't as much of a meme as wanting gangs back, but it would be easier to re-enable since most of the content is still in.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #475939

zxaber wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:(although that's only on the forums/discord, a notable amount of people in OOC want gang back)
The same could be said about Clock Cult too, to an extent. Wanting it back isn't as much of a meme as wanting gangs back, but it would be easier to re-enable since most of the content is still in.
The mode itself is still in the game, just out of rotation. It is literally a config option to bring it back, but no one wants to maintain it.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #476028

i miss gangs, i feel it's the general blind hatred for conversion modes that stops people from trying to make the game mode better.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #476071

Jzoid wrote:i miss gangs, i feel it's the general blind hatred for conversion modes that stops people from trying to make the game mode better.
Because conversion as a mechanic has a major problem of 1. forcing people to play antag who might not exactly want to play antag and 2. snowballing issues.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #476744

Jzoid wrote:i miss gangs, i feel it's the general blind hatred for conversion modes that stops people from trying to make the game mode better.
Gangs would be much more worse than the other conversion antags since people realized the meta of how only one gang will stand a chance while the other gangs are just useless.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #476774

gang would be fun if it didnt skew so heavily in the favour of 1 gang every time

if there was a way to make other gangs not get dumpstered by the one with the most powergamers or oldfags it would be more fun
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #477337

how can I lobby for the return of gang
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #477338

Screemonster wrote:wan't the big issue with gangs the sec mains literally turning what was meant to be a gang vs gang into sec versus everyone else mode and posting their "strats" because god forbid sec aren't the protagonists

I remember one guy literally saying "security are a conversion antag"
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #477339

Sec was a major issue for the Gang gamemode. It felt the developers thought of sec as a hindrance to the mode ans they would try to sideline them, what with the ability to convert sec to a gang easily.

I recall a saying that the first gang to convert sec was guaranteed to win.

Furthermore, like any conversion gamemode, sec would always go balls to the wall 'gestapo' the moment a gang tag or item was found, in order to survive.

I think in one gang iteration that sec simply never even spawned, which shows how bad things had gotten.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #477341

Steelpoint wrote:Sec was a major issue for the Gang gamemode. It felt the developers thought of sec as a hindrance to the mode ans they would try to sideline them, what with the ability to convert sec to a gang easily.

I recall a saying that the first gang to convert sec was guaranteed to win.

Furthermore, like any conversion gamemode, sec would always go balls to the wall 'gestapo' the moment a gang tag or item was found, in order to survive.

I think in one gang iteration that sec simply never even spawned, which shows how bad things had gotten.
Its almost like gang as a forceful conversion mode was a bad idea.
Getting conversion antag vs conversion antag would require making a new game. It doesnt fit into SS13.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #477383

I would LOVE to see some kind of goofgang / goofbux gang / families in the game. I wish to see a mode based on making money and demanding respect from other gangs and civilians, not a team death match or team murderbone mode.

I would like to see features such as:
Gang names
Gang colours
Voluntary sign ups
a way to easily view how much money the gang has accumulated.
Limited "uplink" equipment such as switchblades and Italian moustaches
Rules to limit murderboning and sec exterminating them without cause
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #477389

because of headmin/coder politics that people have confused with gameplay reasons
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #477471

The comparison with clockult isn't accurate, clockult survived as long as it did despite the hate because one coder was really committed to not let it die. Gang on the other hand didn't have a guardian angel and when Robustin started working on it the mode had already been disabled for a long time so people were irreversibly jaded towards it. Also as goof said, purposefully testmerging an unfinished bugged version sealed its fate.
MercuryArrow
Byond Username: MercuryArrow

Post by MercuryArrow » #487590

I wasn't around for the advent of gangs as that whole situation happened during one of my breaks from playing, so I've always been somewhat curious as to what it entailed and how exactly it failed. It does seem like it was a so-so mode at best that was merely exacerbated in people's minds by too many mechanical adjustments and awkward balancing issues. I'm not a big fan of conversion game modes in general but it'd still be interesting to see another take on the concept some day.

I do have to agree though that clock cult, especially in its later format, was just far worse as a gamemode than basically anything else. A storm the fortress mode sounds neat on paper but when it's preceded by an hour of tedium while the antagonists can just magically teleport-->stun-->abduct unpredictably across the station with relatively minimal risks, it simply isn't fun or engaging. Abductors suffer from the same issues, except abductors work because,
A) It's mid-round RNG, not a fleshed out rotation roundtype.
B) There's an extremely small number of abductors.
C) It's not conversion-based so much as random, mad-science based, which minimises the overall impact on the round as a whole while still having the potential to shake things up if left unchecked.

My other takeaway from this thread is that I'm the only person who actually genuinely enjoys Assimilation as a mode. I blame my soft spot for psionics, the idea of an antag using a network of people as glorified psychic batteries and as a focal point for powers is honestly great.
Melinoë Parker, local anaemic mutant.
Deirdre Caidh, bartender, bluespace hobbyist, occasional serial killer.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #487594

Team deathmatch is actually bald and dumb
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #487607

I'd love to see a conversion gamemode that wasn't instant TDM. Take cult, for example. There are two possible interactions with a cult; conversion or death for one of you. This is less 'paranoia' and more 'powergame as hard as you can to try and kill the others as best you can'. In cult especially, it just turns into 'find and kill the cultists', because there is no hideout to find and assault. As soon as one of the dozen hideouts is found, sec kills everyone there, those who survive teleport off, they space the cult loot and they look for the next cult base. I'd like a conversion antag that has to work with sec, or with another antag instead of just murdering everything in your path. I would love gangs to be added in a form that isn't focused around murdering sec and anyone else that isn't them.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #487621

the best gang rounds were political

both gangs would dress up and openly support their gangs and take territory to build clubhouses, with security as an intermediary to prevent outright riots in the hallways. kills happened in secret because the gang that went too far would eat the full force of security and the other gang would get an advantage.

I wish there was a way to make it happen like this but the gamemode always evolved out of it. I think the only way for this mode to work is treat security as a third faction who can only reach the best win by reducing bloodshed. a gang and sec can win, a gang can win with sec's favour or by managing to swing a total sudden kill on security. It should be a three way system where there is a big advantage to keeping sec on side but it's possible to wipe them if the other gang can't take advantage.

I wish this was achievable regularly tho
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #487629

if the TDM was contained to the gangs it'd be better but it instantly devolves into "kill everyone not in your gang" for the gangs and "kill everyone who isn't loyalty implanted" for the sec.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #487631

this is why I made family membership dynamic, volunteered, and optional in Families.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #487637

Super Aggro Crag wrote:if the TDM was contained to the gangs it'd be better but it instantly devolves into "kill everyone not in your gang" for the gangs and "kill everyone who isn't loyalty implanted" for the sec.
That's a product of Rule 4 antag status.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #487638

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #487777

I loved gang but it suffered from all the conversion mode problems.

You end up with a mode with the disorganization of Revolution mixed with the team coordination of Cult. Which was kinda fun except for the territory mechanic that only two people in your gang would use while the rest would go back to their jobs or just fuck off.

And it took too long to end. This was always its biggest problem.

Once you and two robust shitheads take down the HoP/HoS/Captain and get them on your side its over, sec drops like flies unless they're highly competent and then most of the crew ends up in your gang but refuses to actually progress the round, so you end up with 20 minutes of doomsday timer and the few remaining enemy gang members trying to suicide bomb you and break you're shit, dragging the round out where they can't even win.
Stickymayhem wrote:cool shit
That would be awesome but you'd need to force sec to play their role in the gang war, which would be an amazing feat of administration or code. Or we'd need a High RP server.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #487878

daily reminder Families fixed every problem laid out in this thread
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #487884

"fixed"
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #487906

Super Aggro Crag wrote:"fixed"
did you play it?

it fixed:
1. the core issue with conversion modes, force conversion, by replacing it with volunteered signups for families
2. mass murdering everyone not associated with you because dead people can't rep your family's colors and alive people can join your family, and people won't want to join your family if your family is mass murdering people
3. tagging turf being useless since the winning family is decided by points gained overall and tagging turf is a serious benefit points wise, along with tagging another family's turf as to encourage breaking stalemates and starting turf wars
4. security just killing everyone that isn't security because implants don't matter due to signing up for a family being voluntary and not forced
5. rounds lasting way too fucking long, because the gamemode was locked to 30-45 minutes max via the gamemode itself

overall, it was a far better gamemode than Gang ever was
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #487921

iamgoofball wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:"fixed"
did you play it?

it fixed:
1. the core issue with conversion modes, force conversion, by replacing it with volunteered signups for families
2. mass murdering everyone not associated with you because dead people can't rep your family's colors and alive people can join your family, and people won't want to join your family if your family is mass murdering people
3. tagging turf being useless since the winning family is decided by points gained overall and tagging turf is a serious benefit points wise, along with tagging another family's turf as to encourage breaking stalemates and starting turf wars
4. security just killing everyone that isn't security because implants don't matter due to signing up for a family being voluntary and not forced
5. rounds lasting way too fucking long, because the gamemode was locked to 30-45 minutes max via the gamemode itself

overall, it was a far better gamemode than Gang ever was
"playing"