can we start permabanning people who strip other people in public corridors and lose all their shit

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

can we start permabanning people who strip other people in public corridors and lose all their shit

Post by terranaut » #488406

and then go "whoops guess youre innocent after all sorry about all your stuff that 90 different greytiders have now"
no appeal of course
[๐Ÿ…ฒ 1] [๐Ÿ†„ 1] [๐Ÿ…ผ 1]

Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Re: can we start permabanning people who strip other people in public corridors and lose all their shit

Post by Daxxed » #488407

Seems like the only way to not get abused by ssethtiders on Terry is to space any sec on sight.
Ohwait WE WOULD get banned for that.
Admin protection OP...
Regular crew that kills a few valids gets bwoinked and shitsec with a killcount of 3+ innocents gets away with it.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: can we start permabanning people who strip other people in public corridors and lose all their shit

Post by cedarbridge » #488414

Daxxed wrote:Seems like the only way to not get abused by ssethtiders on Terry is to space any sec on sight.
Admin protection OP...
Regular crew that kills a few valids gets bwoinked and shitsec with a killcount of 3+ innocents gets away with it.
This is a bad post.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #488418

Daxxed wrote:Seems like the only way to not get abused by ssethtiders on Terry is to space any sec on sight.
Admin protection OP...
User was bad for this post.
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: โ†‘Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: โ†‘I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: โ†‘Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #488426

I haven't got many ahelps about this kind of behavior on terry while I play on say sybil, is it that you guys aren't reporting it or there's an admin on who's not handling it the way you would like it to be handled?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #488492

Cobby wrote:I haven't got many ahelps about this kind of behavior on terry while I play on say sybil, is it that you guys aren't reporting it or there's an admin on who's not handling it the way you would like it to be handled?
I'm not reporting it because there's no way someone would actually get banned for that kind of shit, people get away with much more, it just pisses me off and i made this thread to vent
im just going to kill the next redshirt that does it because that's the only thing i can do, or maybe just strip him in a public hallway and throw his naked body into the electrified grilles outside the brig

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #488507

terranaut wrote:
Cobby wrote:I haven't got many ahelps about this kind of behavior on terry while I play on say sybil, is it that you guys aren't reporting it or there's an admin on who's not handling it the way you would like it to be handled?
I'm not reporting it because there's no way someone would actually get banned for that kind of shit, people get away with much more, it just pisses me off and i made this thread to vent
im just going to kill the next redshirt that does it because that's the only thing i can do, or maybe just strip him in a public hallway and throw his naked body into the electrified grilles outside the brig
>Former admin suggests you ahelp the matter instead of making a bad policy thread
>nah nothing happens if I ahelp even though I've never done it
later
>but what I'm really going to do is continue not ahelping and instead jump straight to a worse choice

What a stupid thread.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #488519

"the admins never do anything to stop this behaviour that I think is bad and should be bannable"
"I don't report it because the admins never do anything to stop it"

what did he mean by this
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #488525

while this is retarded behavior in every imaginable way it's merely incompetence and an ic issue and people shouldnt be banned over it.

Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #488544

>OP starts a thread calling for it being permabannable
>OP then says that the behaviour is retarded but ic and shouldn't be bannable

Report it. It's not kosher and violates rule 1. While someone probably won't get a ban on first offence it means we can note their behaviour and start building a paper trail to ban them. Or they might already have a paper trail and we can just get rid of them.

This thread is dumb and OP is dumb.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #488549

While we're banning redshirts, can we ban those asshole sec that harmbaton and add 5 minutes because 'You were giving me sass' or 'Don't lie to me!'? I wasn't lying, I was merely pissy that you arrested me for 'looking suspicious'. One FUN example:
>CE
>Building meme stuff in gravgen
>just added plasmaglass windows to the gravgen door
>sec bursts in
>disabler
>cuffed
>'Why were you sabotaging the gravgen?'
>'The AI said you were sabotaging gravgen'
>'DONT LIE TO ME'
>severe bruising
>crit when tossed in jail for 'sabotage'
>hardcrit
>die

Yes I'm mad.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #488561

I don't think we have any rule or policy that says sec is required to believe anything you say.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #488585

Arianya wrote:>OP starts a thread calling for it being permabannable
>OP then says that the behaviour is retarded but ic and shouldn't be bannable
i was obviously just pissed and venting when i made the thread. its extremely fucking annoying but we've never banned people for blatant incompetence so i didn't think it would be different here.
Arianya wrote: Report it. It's not kosher and violates rule 1. While someone probably won't get a ban on first offence it means we can note their behaviour and start building a paper trail to ban them. Or they might already have a paper trail and we can just get rid of them.
Ok gladly.
Arianya wrote: This thread is dumb and OP is dumb.
ur dumb anime kid

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #488610

It seems like this has been resolved. If someone is being a dongus then ahelp it. Also don't make policy threads when you're pissed about a single isolated incident and you need a place to complain, use the hut/discord for that.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #488612

cedarbridge wrote:I don't think we have any rule or policy that says sec is required to believe anything you say.
As the CE he has the IC authority to flat out shut off the gravgen and sec has no IC authority to arrest him when he does without captain (or maybe hos) authorization, meaning it would fall under ooc purview.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: