Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Random Players » #46390

Bottom post of the previous page:

You can. Lit Welder on help intent.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #46484

Random Players wrote:You can. Lit Welder on help intent.
yeah. nobody seems to know this because it makes zero sense but it does work.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #46486

Cik wrote:
Random Players wrote:You can. Lit Welder on help intent.
yeah. nobody seems to know this because it makes zero sense but it does work.
"Makes zero sense" you are on help intent, you help things, you are on harm intent, you harm things, grab intent, grab thing, disarm intent, disarm things.
私は完璧
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #46490

I think he ment it makes zero sense that burning cracked glass with a welding torch fixes it rather than scorching it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #46502

Wyzack wrote:I think he ment it makes zero sense that burning cracked glass with a welding torch fixes it rather than scorching it
You know like how welding the shards produces a nice perfect sheet of glass?
Yeah, space science.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #46503

You shouldn't ever not be on help intent outside of actively trying to robust someone anyway.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #46504

Wyzack wrote:Accidentally posted this in a different thread

Here is my small idea

>Remove Laser Gun from armory
>Replace with Laser Rifle or something
>More bulky than E-gun, does slightly more damage than E-gun on lethal
>Has miss chance (30% maybe?) when one handed, calculated for each mob the bolt passes until it hits something
>Can remove miss chance by wielding in two hands, like a fireaxe or spear

Good idea? Shit idea? I just wanna be able to operate operations operationally. Damage increase would have to be relatively small to prevent balance issues.
Sounds super awesome.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #46511

I would totally code it if i knew how to code. I am really considering taking it up so that i can fix drunkspeach. Who stutters when they are drunk? Who decided that is how drunk people should sound in this game?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #46513

Wyzack wrote:I think he ment it makes zero sense that burning cracked glass with a welding torch fixes it rather than scorching it
Absolutely.

I was thinking we needed some kind of resin you could inject into the cracks to heal it, but figured bothering with extra sprites and code just to deal with a new change was needless. Maybe I'll change my mind down the line.
Someone who has never drunk, I guess.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #46595

Examining things like rwalls should show you what can be done to it, like:
That's a reinforced wall, it looks like the supporting rods could be cut with wirecutters or reinforced with plasteel.
or
That's a girder, it looks like it could be disassembled with a wrench, dislodged with a crowbar, plated with metal or reinforced with plasteel.

This would make:
A) players much less dependent on the wiki construction page, it's silly that a big part of being robust in this game is to just remember the sequence of tools for every building block
B) make it more apparent how to fully take out that half-busted reinforced wall (if your antag teammate gets interrupted, if there's an explosion but it didn't fully make a hole), rather than trying to hit it with every tool to see what's the next step.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #46604

That's not a minor suggestion. It's a good one, but it's not minor.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #46655

kosmos wrote:Examining things like rwalls should show you what can be done to it, like:
That's a reinforced wall, it looks like the supporting rods could be cut with wirecutters or reinforced with plasteel.
or
That's a girder, it looks like it could be disassembled with a wrench, dislodged with a crowbar, plated with metal or reinforced with plasteel.

This would make:
A) players much less dependent on the wiki construction page, it's silly that a big part of being robust in this game is to just remember the sequence of tools for every building block
B) make it more apparent how to fully take out that half-busted reinforced wall (if your antag teammate gets interrupted, if there's an explosion but it didn't fully make a hole), rather than trying to hit it with every tool to see what's the next step.
It's a nice of trying to move away from the wiki, however the game itself has way too much detail and fiddly little bits to ever truely move away from using the wiki (until you slowly start to remember it all, though I'm doubtful one person knows absolutely everything, maybe some of the coders). R-walls are supposed to be a slow process and difficult to remove anyhow. So if you don't know how, having a right click hint really wouldn't speed things up much quicker than ult-tabbing to a page with the wiki open.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #46665

Actually it is pretty minor.

Code: Select all

for thing in game:
    var/new_desc = Read(wiki.thing)
    thing.desc += new_desc
done.

pseudo code aside, that is all you really need to do.
It'd need just as much maintenance as the wiki tho.
私は完璧
Malkevin

Re: Limit Field of View

Post by Malkevin » #46972

Steelpoint wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Here is my small idea

>Remove Laser Gun from armory
>Replace with Laser Rifle or something
>More bulky than E-gun, does slightly more damage than E-gun on lethal
>Has miss chance (30% maybe?) when one handed, calculated for each mob the bolt passes until it hits something
>Can remove miss chance by wielding in two hands, like a fireaxe or spear

Good idea? Shit idea? I just wanna be able to operate operations operationally. Damage increase would have to be relatively small to prevent balance issues.
All things considerd that's not a bad idea.

People tend to see Energy/Laser guns as a one-handed weapon. Whereas representing a proper two handed weapon like this might be amusing.
Lasers are one handed weapons, they just got given gigantic "I'M ABOUT TO SHOOT YOU" in hand sprites.
Hell, the original sprites were phasers from StarTrek: TOS

--------------------------
Add an accordion to brig, it can only play Sec Strong
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #47055

peoplearestrange wrote:
It's a nice of trying to move away from the wiki, however the game itself has way too much detail and fiddly little bits to ever truely move away from using the wiki (until you slowly start to remember it all, though I'm doubtful one person knows absolutely everything, maybe some of the coders). R-walls are supposed to be a slow process and difficult to remove anyhow. So if you don't know how, having a right click hint really wouldn't speed things up much quicker than ult-tabbing to a page with the wiki open.
I have dual monitors and I just leave the wiki open on the other screen if I need it.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #47074

I think it's possible to move away from requiring the wiki for everything, but that really needs to be its own thread.

qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #47126

Tator item -poisoned candles, you light them up and they irradiate people around them.

> doesnt require new sprites
P.S I hope, that code and byond are not crying about this suggestion.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #47166

I like that idea as long as they don't work exactly like uranium walls/doors/statues, where every once in a while they release a pulse of radiation. And those pulses make other uranium items give off pulses of radiation without resetting the timer on their own pulses, resulting in a constant stream of deadly radiation when you have three walls lined up next to each other.

At least, that's how I remember it. Wouldn't be surprised if they got nerfed/fixed already.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #47212

Please for the love of all that is spacey, make it so that only people that have ai set to high can be malf ai. I just experianced the horror of being borged to a malf ai that doesnt know how to play ai and let me tell you, it was pure hell. I set up shielf gens in the core, and the fucker still managed to lose.
Metafive
Byond Username: Metafive

Post by Metafive » #47996

It'd be nice if the CMO/Virologist could set a a particular virus (by name) to not appear with the disease icon on the Medical HUD. It'd help traitors mask their pathogen-pertinent plans and make it so beneficial viruses don't have medstaff scanning passerby every five seconds.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #47997

deathhoof wrote:Please for the love of all that is spacey, make it so that only people that have ai set to high can be malf ai. I just experianced the horror of being borged to a malf ai that doesnt know how to play ai and let me tell you, it was pure hell. I set up shielf gens in the core, and the fucker still managed to lose.
Making it so people without AI on high could be malf was an intentional change so people could be malf without having to be a regular AI, in case that wasn't interesting to them.

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #48153

MisterPerson wrote:
deathhoof wrote:Please for the love of all that is spacey, make it so that only people that have ai set to high can be malf ai. I just experianced the horror of being borged to a malf ai that doesnt know how to play ai and let me tell you, it was pure hell. I set up shielf gens in the core, and the fucker still managed to lose.
Making it so people without AI on high could be malf was an intentional change so people could be malf without having to be a regular AI, in case that wasn't interesting to them.
I believe it was also a fix the game ignoring a player's Malf AI preference, force-malfing AI players that did not enjoy Malf.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #48359

i think the captain's medals of commendation or whatever should be pinnable on borgs.

maybe make a small sprite change for it. i think that would be nice.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #48489

qwert wrote:Tator item -poisoned candles, you light them up and they irradiate people around them.
Candles as an alternate way to make chemical smoke would be cool. Something like: grind up candles or crayons (cause we don't have bees on this server) to make wax, then heat in the microwave to make it back into candles. Anything else in the container becomes part of the candle and will get vaporized as it burns. You can now get high just by walking past hydroponics.
Remove the AI.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #48550

rockpecker wrote:
qwert wrote:Tator item -poisoned candles, you light them up and they irradiate people around them.
Candles as an alternate way to make chemical smoke would be cool. Something like: grind up candles or crayons (cause we don't have bees on this server) to make wax, then heat in the microwave to make it back into candles. Anything else in the container becomes part of the candle and will get vaporized as it burns. You can now get high just by walking past hydroponics.
This... actually could be cool... craftable candles. But not just from candles or crayons, that would make it really niche and unused due to the unique ingredients required.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Aleph

Post by Aleph » #48596

Since we got jury-rigged spears and stunpods, how about somthing like a glass shard knife or somthing more complicated like a cobbled together crossbow?
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #48598

A knife would be nice, but ranged weapons are a big deal. The current apex for easily obtainable ranged weapon are floor tiles if I recall.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #48600

Floor tiles were nerfed to shit.
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #48610

Raven776 wrote:Floor tiles were nerfed to shit.
Oh no, they're only throwforce 10! Exactly as much force as an extinguisher, a very commonly used weapon!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #48615

Are thrown rods still throw force 15 or did you ruin those too?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #48631

Humans should be able to hide in borg rechargers.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #48641

One should be able to wire and powercell cyborg torsos, then implant those into humans to create a repair system. It should also be possible to put flashes into cyborg heads then implant those heads into humans to give them built in med-hud or sec-hud. Both of these things should require charge and the human would have to crawl into a cyborg recharger or insert a new battery in order to keep their perks functioning.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #48823

AI's should be able to join mid-round. And cyborgs too. And there should be more round-startable cyborgs.

Oh and there should be some other way to empty a janicart without mopping it all out.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48894

Why do we have roundstart borgs but no roundjoin borgs? I think two borgslots would be nice. I suppose it would be less work for robotics, though.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #48976

1) Unless it's extended, at any point when the game detects that all the antagonists are dead the round should end.

This currently only happens in Rev, Malf, Blob, and Wizard.
During a Nuclear Emergency it should check to see if there's an active nuke on the station before ending. If the Nuke is still hot the round must go on until it either detonates for a pyrrhic victory or someone defuses it.

2) Blob needs some kind of emote leading up to transforming.

Currently the only way to detect a blob is...
Well currently there's absolutely no way to detect a blob until it explodes into a blob in front of you.
That's stupid. There should be some emote that starts triggering as you near blob time ala "extends the proboscis" type forced giveaways.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Scones

Post by Scones » #49082

Move the smartfridge into the space between the two Chem desks

I was mass-producing pills last night and found that its a really goddamn useful device, especially if you move it to the front - That way, people can get exactly what they want without clicking on game-stopping stacks of 30 tricord pills with one rhet mixed in there somewhere. And, honestly, I rarely if ever see chemists use it as secure chemical storage, considering anybody who gets inside Medbay can get at it.

Also, there's no way to quick move those 30 pills I just made, other than through some very tedious clicking. I'd like to see a function where the chem-master machines have an option to feed into an adjacent smartfridge, or the addition of a chem bag in the same spirit of mining/plant bags. And yes, I'm aware that pill bottles fill up when you click a stack, but they only hold 7 and do not empty into the fridge - Instead, they go in as a bottle.

(On second thought, chem bag sounds like people will just break in, empty machines to make as many healing pills as possible, load a bag and make off with the goods. I still want it, though.)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #49103

Cecily wrote:And yes, I'm aware that pill bottles fill up when you click a stack
Motherfucker what?

I've been manually picking up and putting pills in those things one at a time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Scones

Post by Scones » #49187

Really though, I'd love feedback on moving the smartfridge.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #49194

The Kinetic Accelerator on mining should have some upgrade trees that helping our miners.
-Increased Damage
-Increases range
-Increased magazine size
- Full damage in pressurized enviroment
-Faster reload
Each of them can only hold one upgrade slot as to reduce murder cannon.
-Increased damage makes it go from 30 to 60 in space and depressurized environments. Slower fire rate for increased damage
-6 title range up from 3; 50% chance to miss at any range other than 3 titles.
-Allows the KA to hold between 2-3 shots before needing to reload, each shot dealing less damage. 30-15 or 30-15-7.5
-Faster reload enables the KA to be pumped at a sooner time than it's current values. Trade off is it might jam.
-Full damage in a pressurized environment is only at 2 tile range.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #49195

RG4 wrote:The Kinetic Accelerator on mining should have some upgrade trees that helping our miners.
The downsides are kinda meh, maybe if those were the mid tier of upgrades, like using nano-manipulators instead of pico-manipulators.
Other than that, fucking yes please.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #49197

RG4 wrote:The Kinetic Accelerator on mining should have some upgrade trees that helping our miners.
-Increased Damage
-Increases range
-Increased magazine size
-Faster reload
-Increased damage makes it go from 30 to 60 in space and depressurized environments. Slower fire rate for increased damage
-Allows the KA to hold between 2-3 shots before needing to reload, each shot dealing less damage. 30-15 or 30-15-7.5
-Faster reload enables the KA to be pumped at a sooner time than it's current values. Trade off is it might jam.
Just port NT's Kinetic Accelerator, it was damn near perfect with the upgrades you could add already.
RG4

Post by RG4 » #49199

TheWiznard wrote:
-Increased Damage
-Increases range
-Increased magazine size
-Faster reload
Just port NT's Kinetic Accelerator, it was damn near perfect with the upgrades you could add already.
What were NT's KA upgrades?
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #49200

you just screwdriver the thing and add raw diamonds for a small reload speed boost up to three or four times and then you could add plasma to increase the range but it had like a 75-80% chance of making the entire gun jam up and become unusable. The other thing that made the KA so much damn better on NT was that it mined like a shotgun-esque sort of pattern occasionally shooting 3 wide or 2 deep, but in combat it still only did damage to one target where that white circle effect appears.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #49270

There is a rare chance of finding a AK-47 spawned somewhere on the Asteroid/Whatever. Its broken down and rusted over. Apply space lube to it and it will work flawlessly. Ammo not included.
RG4

Post by RG4 » #49310

Steelpoint wrote:There is a rare chance of finding a AK-47 spawned somewhere on the Asteroid/Whatever. Its broken down and rusted over. Apply space lube to it and it will work flawlessly. Ammo not included.
Communist Artifact Room:
-Dead communist mobs
-Assorted ammo for steckin,revolver and AK-47
-Bear pelts,uni-cycle, lodes of vodka and turnips
-Give unicycle to clown for honking good times
-Chance to find steckin,revolver, or ak-47
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #49311

Better Adcanced Mop: Doesn't use water, doesn't make it slippery when used.

Over glorified Soap? Yes, but the point is status/silliness/RP, If science makes me a super mop as a Janitor, I want it to be a super mop, not the same crap mop. No water, no slips, clean walls, quick, make it make me not outclassed by the Janiborg in literally everyway.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #49341

When you are selected for antagonist you should be given a final accept/deny prompt before you receive your antag info in the chat. Probably impossible to do but whatever.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #49342

Reimoo wrote:When you are selected for antagonist you should be given a final accept/deny prompt before you receive your antag info in the chat. Probably impossible to do but whatever.
If that was done then it should not give any hint to the player of what kind of antagonist they are about to be selected for, for obvious reasons.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #49868

add an option to spawn in a certain jumpsuit color
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #49983

syndicate item for the librarian, a textbook
looks like a normal book, acts like a normal book, can fit in the bookbag and be titled etc
does moderately high brute damage, especially when thrown

might belong in the shitty suggestions thread but i'd use it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Spacezenegger

Post by Spacezenegger » #49984

Re-add syndicate uplinks to revs.