Post by asdfasd » #494856

Where: events hall
When: around 19:30 +3 UTC
Byond account: narciss_f
Character name: Mia Hughes
Admin: Virtual John
Round ID: 108902
Detailed summary:

Was having fun in my durand named HITLER when admins asked me to change it's name through pray.
I nicely changed it to ADOLPH. Common german name.

After 10 minutes passed, finds out Virtual John is not okay with new name so he decides to delete ADOLPH witout warning.

This makes me sad so I ahelp and ask who did that and why.
Finds out Virtual John did.

I asked him what is wrong with ADOLPH name.
He tells me "not to play a dumbo" refusing to explain anything.

I asked him to apogolzie for calling me a dumbo and give me my mech back.
But he just closed the ticket so I ahelped him again giving a warning that i won't leave it like that.

Here are conversation logs
Spoiler:
PM to-Admins: what the fuck? Who admindeleted durand i was driving?
Admin PM from-Virtual John: That'd be me friendo.
PM to-Admins: why did you do that?
Admin PM from-Virtual John: another admin warned you about the name. You just changed it to the other equally dumb name, so it was sent to hell
PM to-Admins: Ehm. What is wrong with Adolph name?
PM to-Admins: You asked me to change the name so i changed it.
Admin PM from-Virtual John: Don't play dumb friendo. it's easier for us both if you don't
PM to-Admins: I am not a friend to you
Admin PM from-Virtual John: ah well, I did try!
PM to-Admins: it easier for you to apologize and give my mech back
You can no longer reply to this ticket, please open another one by using the Adminhelp verb if need be.
PM to-Admins: I log this shit and going to forums because of your shitspawn. Just warning
Admin PM from-Virtual John: lol okay
well my round wasn't ruined by this accident but this was quiet rude and unsatisfying.
Hope Virtual John will rethink his attitude and apologize before me.
also i want my durand back
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Virtual John] narciss_f - admin deleted my mech

Post by Arianya » #494871

Hi, you may be interested in the specific rule that covered this interaction!
The Rules, Rule 3 Precedents wrote: Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids; other species may instead choose to use the default names assigned to them, such as those given through random names, or otherwise any name that is species-appropriate. Honorifics and nicknames are not allowed. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while in-game.

Excessively OOC is defined as names which are intentionally hard to read/spell, references to in-game mechanics or OOC terminology, and any form of nonsensical/bad-faith name (ex. Adolf Hitler, FAGGOT PUNCHER, Poop Boy, xXrobustspaceman420Xx etc).
While this doesn't specifically apply to mechs, as a general precedent we've generally had very little tolerance to references to the Nazi party in any format, including toeing the line.

Hope this helps with your complaint!
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
asdfasd
Byond Username: Narciss_f

Post by asdfasd » #494879

Arianya wrote:Hi, you may be interested in the specific rule that covered this interaction!
The Rules, Rule 3 Precedents wrote: Excessively OOC names fall under rule 3. Make a minimum effort to have your name fit in a setting involving a wacky space station in the future. A firstname lastname minimum is required for humans and felinids; other species may instead choose to use the default names assigned to them, such as those given through random names, or otherwise any name that is species-appropriate. Honorifics and nicknames are not allowed. Admins may get involved if your name is dumb and can approve or disallow names at their discretion while in-game.

Excessively OOC is defined as names which are intentionally hard to read/spell, references to in-game mechanics or OOC terminology, and any form of nonsensical/bad-faith name (ex. Adolf Hitler, FAGGOT PUNCHER, Poop Boy, xXrobustspaceman420Xx etc).
While this doesn't specifically apply to mechs, as a general precedent we've generally had very little tolerance to references to the Nazi party in any format, including toeing the line.

I am completely fine with surname claim but how is Adolph refering exactly to Adolph Hitler?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #494881

asdfasd wrote:
Arianya wrote:Hi, you may be interested in the specific rule that covered this interaction!

I am completely fine with surname claim but how is Adolph refering exactly to Adolph Hitler?
Hi, you will find this is covered by a different rule:
The Rules wrote: If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
What this means in essence is that toeing the line on a rule in an attempt to be just barely inside the rules is generally regarded poorly! :)
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #494882

You must think our rules are a joke if you think you can go from naming your mech, "HITLER" to naming it, "ADOLPH" and then claiming it's not a Nazi reference anymore.
This is a stupid complaint.
asdfasd

Post by asdfasd » #494883

Arianya wrote:
asdfasd wrote:

Hi, you will find this is covered by a different rule:
The Rules wrote: If you regularly come close to breaking the rules without actually breaking them, it will be treated as the rules being broken.
Repeated instances of the same rules being broken may be met with harsher consequences. Baiting people into situations where you can report them to admins will be dealt with harshly.
What this means in essence is that toeing the line on a rule in an attempt to be just barely inside the rules is generally regarded poorly! :)
how naming something Adolph is coming close to breaking a rule?
t can't refer to a person even a little since it's only first name. This is not even a rare name
I just called my mech the first name came in my head. I didn't think that would be so insulting and seemingly rulebraking to you
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #494885

asdfasd wrote: how naming something Adolph is coming close to breaking a rule?
t can't refer to a person even a little since it's only first name. This is not even a rare name

I'm just gonna point out in the last 140 years less than 600 people were named adolf in the US. http://www.babynameshub.com/boy-names/Adolf.html
So no, its an extremely rare name.
asdfasd

Post by asdfasd » #494889

knacker48 wrote:

I'm just gonna point out in the last 140 years less than 600 people were named adolf in the US. http://www.babynameshub.com/boy-names/Adolf.html
Maybe because it's America and not german-speaking country?
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #494896

asdfasd wrote:
knacker48 wrote:

Ok then, what if I told you between 2006 and 2013 only 13 children in germany were named adolf?
asdfasd

Post by asdfasd » #494899

knacker48 wrote:
asdfasd wrote:
knacker48 wrote:

Ok then, what if I told you between 2006 and 2013 only 13 children in germany were named adolf?
it's still being used in spain and some other countries
Adolph is a well-known name and not only beacuse Adolf Hitler, it's just a name you would randomly hear it in movies or books. This name doesn't belong to Adolph Hitler is what i want to say
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #494914

No.
To put it bluntly, this complaint is bad, you are bad, and you should feel bad.
Denied.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try