Stasis beds are shit.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Stasis beds are shit.

Post by cedarbridge » #495267

Bottom post of the previous page:

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Mickyan wrote:Now that healing is harder we can finally do the right thing and nerf antags by adding drag slowdown
This will break Xenomorphs, Slaughter-Demons, Laughter-Demons, Abductors and more.

Yet no one will give a shit except for me. Orange-Man sure as hell won't unless their monarchist behavior is just a facade and a persona.
Xenos: Good. Fuck em.
Slaughter-Demons: As above. Already laughably powerful. I wouldn't shed a tear.
Laughter-Demons: As above. Neither of the demons even goes terribly far from a blood spot anyway.
Abductors: Rarely move bodies a whole lot anyway. They don't need turbodrag to be functional when they can already perfectly pick out isolated targets.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #495278

MisterPerson wrote:
Mickyan wrote:Now that healing is harder we can finally do the right thing and nerf antags by adding drag slowdown
That's more of a way to make brigging someone take a really long time.
didn't the drag slowdown PR make it so standing people weren't affected by it?
we could just ammend the wiki where it recommends having sentence time be counted from the moment you cuff to not apply when prisoners resist being dragged by resting or adding that conduct to the crime of resisting arrest to dissuade people from making officers' lives harder
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #495279

This is Shadowflame909 and your watching Half-assed PRs
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #495308

If you're mad that being arrested is taking up too much of your round time either don't commit a crime or just be so blatantly valid they don't bother arresting you so if you die you can ghost or whatever
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #495352

Crag, that's goofy.

Yeah, just do nothing to offend any security officer ever or they'll brig you for the slightest thing due to their incompetence / malice.

anyway, i haven't played with stasis beds but on paper they look way less fun for the patient and way more fun for the (competent) MD. The problem is the majority of players are shitters.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #495357

if an incompetent and or malicious security guard manages to sack you then how incompetent are you

just be super robust
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #495370

It's been a couple of weeks
Stasis beds are very rarely used
Chemists are still blowing up their meth labs
Supplies are getting raided with increasing frequency
But on the upside cryo is getting used a lot more

So when are we going to remove cryo and cloning orange man, come on, I want to see how deep this retarded design rabbit hole goes
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #495389

medibots are the new meta
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #495440

CDranzer wrote:But on the upside cryo is getting used a lot more
Which part of this is the upside?
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #495450

cedarbridge wrote:
CDranzer wrote:But on the upside cryo is getting used a lot more
Which part of this is the upside?
They're very nice looking tubes and it'd be a shame to see that spritework go to waste
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #495484

PKPenguin321 wrote:medibots are the new meta
Time to nerf medibots. Just make them duplicate chemicals in their internal beaker and they would still be a useful tool while not being nerfed to oblivion.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #495486

CDranzer wrote: So when are we going to remove cryo and cloning orange man, come on, I want to see how deep this retarded design rabbit hole goes
*laughs menacingly*
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #495492

Buff Antags Nerf Crew
► Show Spoiler
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #495538

Cobby wrote:
CDranzer wrote: So when are we going to remove cryo and cloning orange man, come on, I want to see how deep this retarded design rabbit hole goes
*laughs menacingly*
Cloning actually could go if the revival surgery was made standard.
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #495569

Cobby wrote:
*laughs menacingly*
You think I'm kidding? Do it. I fucking dare you.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #495571

CDranzer wrote:
Cobby wrote:
*laughs menacingly*
You think I'm kidding? Do it. I fucking dare you.
just cringed to this post
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #495579

i like pkpenguin
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #495598

See I'm being dead serious though

I think if the coderbus does remove cloning and cryo they're going to be too stubborn to revert it but also things will get so bad that they won't be able to ignore the problems of medbay anymore

They'll be forced to come up with innovative solutions
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #495759

You mean like all the surgeries that already exist?

Oranges should port baymed so that tg can finally experience The Wild Ride
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #495783

CDranzer wrote:See I'm being dead serious though

I think if the coderbus does remove cloning and cryo they're going to be too stubborn to revert it but also things will get so bad that they won't be able to ignore the problems of medbay anymore

They'll be forced to come up with innovative solutions
You say that like this thread doesn't exist: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21360
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #495842

CDranzer wrote:It's been a couple of weeks
Stasis beds are very rarely used
Chemists are still blowing up their meth labs
Supplies are getting raided with increasing frequency
But on the upside cryo is getting used a lot more
This is not true on Terry. I have been maining CMO and there stasis beds are used on almost all critical patients, almost to the point of overuse.

Supplies are getting raided at about the same frequency. not too bad.

Cryo is not used more than before in my opinion.

Most chemists are still absent or incompetent though and i often have to make the majority of the medical supplies myself.

The absence of a chemist is often fixable since there are people eager to get hired into the role with the understanding that they are required to make some essentials.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #496054

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking medical healing. As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data I pulled out of my ass. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player heal rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay. We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Discord, digg, our forums and across numerous social media outlets. Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #496068

Funny you mention digg because there's a lot of "orange man bad" posts on there.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Muncher21
Byond Username: Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496082

imsxz wrote:stasis was the buff that good medbay players needed
this but unironically.

Sleeper removal is the best thing to happen to the medical doctor role. People actually come up to me for healing, I get to use the stuff in vending machines, and I have a reason to keep people out of medical storage. When you play MD well, there is now a noticeable difference in the speed and availability of healing medicine. With sleepers you could tab out as MD and no one would notice. I’m much less bored, because even if there is downtime with no patients, I need to manage medical resources on my person and in med-bay in general. This goes doubly for CMO.

I have never needed to ask chemistry for a single chemical. The starting supplies and the supplies in the vending machines are more than enough to keep the station healthy for at least an hour. Anyone who says that medbay is reliant on chemistry for healing is 100% wrong, doesn’t play MD and bad.

10/10 doctor is actually fun again. Don’t give into the digg cry babies who are mad they lost infinite two click heals.
Last edited by Muncher21 on Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496092

T. Has been saying this before the PR was even merged.

The roundstart surgery was a step in the right direction. But a neutered medbay cannot handle Nukies, Wizhole, and traitorlings on highpop.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496096

Shadowflame909 wrote:But a neutered medbay cannot handle Nukies, Wizhole, and traitorlings on highpop.
Good. Medbay never should have been able to handle multiple high threat antagonists at once. Medbay (without sleepers) can easily handle each of those individually, and it's not like those would ever all spawn at once. Seems like a non-issue hypothetical.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #496104

Muncher21 wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:But a neutered medbay cannot handle Nukies, Wizhole, and traitorlings on highpop.
Good. Medbay never should have been able to handle multiple high threat antagonists at once. Medbay (without sleepers) can easily handle each of those individually, and it's not like those would ever all spawn at once. Seems like a non-issue hypothetical.
I don't think hes saying all at once but more so individually.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496107

NoxVS wrote: I don't think hes saying all at once but more so individually.
In that case he's just wrong. Medbay starts with more than enough medical supplies to deal with any of those threats individually, without sleepers.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496123

Unlike antagonist weapons. Medbays healing capacities are finite.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496127

Shadowflame909 wrote:Unlike antagonist weapons. Medbays healing capacities are finite.
This is such a stupid comment I don't even know where to start.

First of all, most antagonists are limited in some way, either by ammo, or TC's or trading off stealthiness.
Secondly, the implication that medbay should be able to keep up 1:1 with antagonist activities is incorrect.
Thirdly, medbay's healing capacity is not finite. You can get more healing supplies from cargo, botany, or chemistry.
Fourthly, rounds are finite, so the chances of hitting complete zero on medical supplies is extremely low, as the shuttle should (and would) be called way before it was a problem.
Lastly, even if this was true, why is it a problem? Other departments can degrade and fail over time, why is medical any different?
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #496132

because they're babies that are too afraid to lose and need hugbox features like sleepers
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496146

Muncher21 wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:Unlike antagonist weapons. Medbays healing capacities are finite.
This is such a stupid comment I don't even know where to start.

First of all, most antagonists are limited in some way, either by ammo, or TC's or trading off stealthiness.
Secondly, the implication that medbay should be able to keep up 1:1 with antagonist activities is incorrect.
Thirdly, medbay's healing capacity is not finite. You can get more healing supplies from cargo, botany, or chemistry.
Fourthly, rounds are finite, so the chances of hitting complete zero on medical supplies is extremely low, as the shuttle should (and would) be called way before it was a problem.
Lastly, even if this was true, why is it a problem? Other departments can degrade and fail over time, why is medical any different?
You're starting to sound like an alternate universe version of me where I agreed with coder decisions and Nerfs. But I don't.

This is such a stupid response, that I don't even know where to start!

Firstly, The gear of an antagonist doesn't matter. Any murder-boner could tell you that /tg/station offers hundreds if not thousands of ways to cause mass death that security cannot stop, and that medical cannot recover from. The ones off the top of my head include The Colossus, A Tesla, Really Potent Kudzu, Xenobiology Spiders, One Mind, Revs, A Wizard who knows what they're doing, Any of the Antagonist Random Events that can only spawn after an hour, Traitorlings. The potential for Chaos is limitless, and that's why Medical crept up so hard. To mitigate some of this.

Secondly, The implication that medical should not keep up 1:1 with antagonist potential is incorrect. See, you just wrote a sentence here and not explaining why you think that it shouldn't. But in short, the reason I think it should is simply because having Antagonists being so out of reach of the crew is how you get Antag-Like Behavior. Like Grey-tiding and Antag-Rolling, and a shitload of Escalation Abuse. The reason A game of Mafia isn't played all the time. Is because eventually, you'll get bored of not being the Killer. Here we have ways to mitigate this boredom with, I don't know maybe some "Content." If you're not keeping a department up to par with an alternative style of gameplay that isn't equal to the same amount of joy you can get from being the villain. Then you're going to get more people avoiding being anything other than the villain. The fewer people playing this game like GTA. The better. That starts with the content of Jobs. Bans are just a temporary seal.

Third. That's not medbay, that's other departments as you so say. Departmental Co-operation and all instances of it have been a joke on /tg/ and have only lead to more Escalation. It's never a fair trade because not all departments have something to gain from each other. Which leads to negotiations failing and the only way to act being aggressive. Everyone has something they want to do when they pick a Job. And they're not going to bend over to the needs of a certain department. This is excluding the fact that sometimes the person you need something from is an Antagonist and will shoot you in the face for even having a reason to go near them. On the Chemistry portion, No one wants to go home from a long day of whatever, and then get right back to work 0.5. You have to rely on one guy to have your interests in mind, and like I've said. Either they won't and you're going to have a shit time. Or you've got one of the good ones that are going to get burnt out in 3 shifts because of how tiring it is to be selfless. Then you go back to the shitty ones.

Fourth, that doesn't even apply to half of the servers now and isn't going to apply to any of them in the future. Terry is different from this standard, Sybil is different from this Standard. And Orange-Man has a plan to forcefully increase the shuttle call time to 45 minutes if they don't get their longer rounds in any other way.

Lastly, Your fourth and last argument contradict each other. We both know that when Engineering or Medical Degrade, it's shuttle call time. Because the game literally cannot function without a source of healing or a source of power. It should be one of our main goals to make it not Degrade. Otherwise, the round is over. Having a finite pool of medicine will only lead to Shorter Rounds and we know it. Like how we have a rule of 3s. SS13 is similar in the same way. The shuttle is getting called without power. The Shuttle is getting called without Medicine. The shuttle is getting called when people are bored.

This has been Shadowflame909 with the wasted argument since I doubt anyone's going to want to read all that. And even if ye did, it'd be to skim it for easy flaws to write counter-arguments again.

Pass. Agree to Disagree if nothing at all.
► Show Spoiler
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #496151

Shadowflame909 wrote:Facts
Yeah, I agree with Shadowflame909 more than "you're actually wrong"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #496152

Shadowflame909 wrote:Secondly, The implication that medical should not keep up 1:1 with antagonist potential is incorrect. See, you just wrote a sentence here and not explaining why you think that it shouldn't. But in short, the reason I think it should is simply because having Antagonists being so out of reach of the crew is how you get Antag-Like Behavior. Like Grey-tiding and Antag-Rolling, and a shitload of Escalation Abuse. The reason A game of Mafia isn't played all the time. Is because eventually, you'll get bored of not being the Killer. Here we have ways to mitigate this boredom with, I don't know maybe some "Content." If you're not keeping a department up to par with an alternative style of gameplay that isn't equal to the same amount of joy you can get from being the villain. Then you're going to get more people avoiding being anything other than the villain. The fewer people playing this game like GTA. The better. That starts with the content of Jobs. Bans are just a temporary seal.
what in the goddamn hell are you talking about
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #496153

Fwoosh2.0
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496156

PKPenguin321 wrote: what in the goddamn hell are you talking about
Boredom = Grief. I was going to start a thread about this but I forgot.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496158

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Firstly, The gear of an antagonist doesn't matter. Any murder-boner could tell you that /tg/station offers hundreds if not thousands of ways to cause mass death that security cannot stop, and that medical cannot recover from. The ones off the top of my head include The Colossus, A Tesla, Really Potent Kudzu, Xenobiology Spiders, One Mind, Revs, A Wizard who knows what they're doing, Any of the Antagonist Random Events that can only spawn after an hour, Traitorlings. The potential for Chaos is limitless, and that's why Medical crept up so hard. To mitigate some of this.
Medical is easily capable of mitigating these issues without sleepers. All of the same healing potential is there, it's not just infinity available at a single button press.
Shadowflame909 wrote: Secondly, The implication that medical should not keep up 1:1 with antagonist potential is incorrect. See, you just wrote a sentence here and not explaining why you think that it shouldn't. But in short, the reason I think it should is simply because having Antagonists being so out of reach of the crew is how you get Antag-Like Behavior. Like Grey-tiding and Antag-Rolling, and a shitload of Escalation Abuse. The reason A game of Mafia isn't played all the time. Is because eventually, you'll get bored of not being the Killer. Here we have ways to mitigate this boredom with, I don't know maybe some "Content." If you're not keeping a department up to par with an alternative style of gameplay that isn't equal to the same amount of joy you can get from being the villain. Then you're going to get more people avoiding being anything other than the villain. The fewer people playing this game like GTA. The better. That starts with the content of Jobs. Bans are just a temporary seal.
This just seems like a non-sequitur. Medbay should be able to keep up with antagonist activity when doctors are competent, not because anyone can shit out free full heals forever. By removing sleepers and making medbay less efficient, it allows good doctor players to feel accomplished by providing quick and efficient medical treatment, which is now not as easy to get.

Shadowflame909 wrote: Third. That's not medbay, that's other departments as you so say. Departmental Co-operation and all instances of it have been a joke on /tg/ and have only lead to more Escalation. It's never a fair trade because not all departments have something to gain from each other. Which leads to negotiations failing and the only way to act being aggressive. Everyone has something they want to do when they pick a Job. And they're not going to bend over to the needs of a certain department. This is excluding the fact that sometimes the person you need something from is an Antagonist and will shoot you in the face for even having a reason to go near them.
The fair trade is a small amount of credits or time to ensure medbay can provide all the crew with fast and efficient treatment. You are also thinking very narrowly about how departments could interact. A lazy chemist could ask the botanists to make healing medicine in exchange for mutagen. Cargo's job is to order supplies so they should have no reason to complain if the CMO orders more medical supplies.
Shadowflame909 wrote: On the Chemistry portion, No one wants to go home from a long day of whatever, and then get right back to work 0.5. You have to rely on one guy to have your interests in mind, and like I've said. Either they won't and you're going to have a shit time. Or you've got one of the good ones that are going to get burnt out in 3 shifts because of how tiring it is to be selfless. Then you go back to the shitty ones.
Chemistry having to slave away at healing chemicals is a strawman. There are plenty of other options for medical supplies, and plenty of spawned medical supplies such that chemistry has plenty of time to work on personal projects, before medicine comes even close to running out.
Shadowflame909 wrote: Fourth, that doesn't even apply to half of the servers now and isn't going to apply to any of them in the future. Terry is different from this standard, Sybil is different from this Standard. And Orange-Man has a plan to forcefully increase the shuttle call time to 45 minutes if they don't get their longer rounds in any other way.
The spawn supplies can easily last 45 minutes. I've seen two hour long rounds where the supply room and venting machines are still half full. If the rounds really run that wrong, the station deserves to run out of medical supplies if they can't spare a single minute to order a few more medkits.
Shadowflame909 wrote: Lastly, Your fourth and last argument contradict each other. We both know that when Engineering or Medical Degrade, it's shuttle call time. Because the game literally cannot function without a source of healing or a source of power. It should be one of our main goals to make it not Degrade. Otherwise, the round is over. Having a finite pool of medicine will only lead to Shorter Rounds and we know it. Like how we have a rule of 3s. SS13 is similar in the same way. The shuttle is getting called without power. The Shuttle is getting called without Medicine. The shuttle is getting called when people are bored.
The shuttle will be called because the power is out or people are bored far before medical supplies start to run out. Also, medical supplies are not finite. There are at least 3 ways to easily and quickly produce infinite healing supplies. IF players can't be bothered to do a single one, then running out of supplies is the consequence. I believe the players are smart enough to handle it.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496159

I honestly think we're playing two different games now.

Cargo doesn't give a fuck about any tiny measly amount of credits. Because it does not add up to the worth of a whole crate. They'll take it from you if you're offering for free though.

Medbay is honestly not capable to deal with the work-load that is Antagonists going off the rails. I've seen it. I know what I'm talking about.

It's Shuttle Call Season and we're using off-brand flex-tape instead of fixing the pipe.
► Show Spoiler
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #496160

I can't believe you guys actually removed sleepers. What's next? Is cloning going the way of the dodo?

Even HRP servers use sleepers.
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496202

Shadowflame909 wrote: Medbay is honestly not capable to deal with the work-load that is Antagonists going off the rails. I've seen it. I know what I'm talking about.
They are most certainly capable of dealing with it. I've seen it. If you can't, you leave MD and CMO for people who can actually play the roles correctly, because you are bad.
Shadowflame909 wrote: Cargo doesn't give a fuck about any tiny measly amount of credits. Because it does not add up to the worth of a whole crate. They'll take it from you if you're offering for free though.
Cargo will order supplies because that's their job. I don't know what server you play on where cargo does not order supplies for crew members.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496209

/tg/. Cargo just orders guns.

They have no reason not to do so.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496211

And now with sleepers removed they have something else to buy, and a good reason to do so. Why do you have a problem with this?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #496214

Shadowflame909 wrote:/tg/. Cargo just orders guns.

They have no reason not to do so.
This is more due to security typically having too much other shit to deal with than to deal with rogue cargo.

Antag nerfs are going to be needed if medical continues to be nerfed. One person quickly being able to kill multiple people wont be very fun if medbay requires actual know-how to do.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #496219

Steelpoint wrote:I can't believe you guys actually removed sleepers. What's next? Is cloning going the way of the dodo?
I hope so.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496222

Muncher21 wrote:And now with sleepers removed they have something else to buy, and a good reason to do so. Why do you have a problem with this?
They wont. they don't. Just because medbay needs medicine doesn't mean Cargo Is going to suddenly give a fuck about them. Nothing works like this. People don't work like this.

Edit: Precedent is how Botany And Chemistry are at each other's throats because saltpetre takes up lots of power but grants little potency. Also because of RnG they also need a lot of mutagen. When chemistry tells them to fuck off. Escalation ensues.
► Show Spoiler
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #496230

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Muncher21 wrote:And now with sleepers removed they have something else to buy, and a good reason to do so. Why do you have a problem with this?
They wont. they don't. Just because medbay needs medicine doesn't mean Cargo Is going to suddenly give a fuck about them. Nothing works like this. People don't work like this.

Edit: Precedent is how Botany And Chemistry are at each other's throats because saltpetre takes up lots of power but grants little potency. Also because of RnG they also need a lot of mutagen. When chemistry tells them to fuck off. Escalation ensues.
MDs get one of the better paydays on the station and the CMO has a budget. Go spend.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #496231

Shadowflame909 wrote:

People who work for the same company tend to. The problem is any sense of basic RP based on that is gone. It used to be not doing your job would get you security attention and eventually if it was bad enough admin attention.

I mean you could do gimmicks but there was a baseline of "not buying guns every round" that went away at some point.
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496232

Shadowflame909 wrote:
They will. They do. I've ordered medical supplies from cargo in multiple different rounds since sleeper removal, and never once had a problem. Do you even play the game?
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496236

Cargo doesn't even man the verification of purchase device they're so busy buying guns.

Maybe if the CMO is flashing their budget around. But if there is none, or if your just a lone MD. I find it highly unlikely on bagil or high pop Sybil.

Sounds more like something you'd have to force and be self reliant about.
► Show Spoiler
Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #496238

Shadowflame909 wrote:I find it highly unlikely on bagil or high pop Sybil.
Well it's not. As a normal doctor, I have walked to cargo, asked them to come to the desk on the radio, then asked the tech that shows up to order medical supplies. The only unlikely part is them delivering it to medical, but it's not hard to just go get the crates yourself.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #496239

Muncher21 wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:I find it highly unlikely on bagil or high pop Sybil.
Well it's not. As a normal doctor, I have walked to cargo, asked them to come to the desk on the radio, then asked the tech that shows up to order medical supplies. The only unlikely part is them delivering it to medical, but it's not hard to just go get the crates yourself.
Somebody needs to start teaching the newbies about the mail system.