[MortoSaseye] banned for beating up the janitor

Appeals which have been closed.
Dootdoom
Byond Username: Dootdoom

[MortoSaseye] banned for beating up the janitor

Post by Dootdoom » #497193

Title/subject:I got banned for beating up the janitor and spacing him after he shat on me and turned me into sec
[MortoSaseye] DootDoom - banned for 3 days

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: DootDoom Andy bagsin
Banning admin:MortoSaseye
Ban type (What are you banned from?):server
Ban reason and length: 3 days, killing a janitor
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:16:20 US mountain time
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story:I was a assistant and I hacked into the captains office and apon seeing his locker had already been opened and the ID was stolen I got mad. So I put on his sword and was about to walk out when the janitor (on his janicart) walked up and took his gun and zipties I thought nothing of this until the janitor used to gun to stun me and ziptie me. He brought me to security and I was arrested. This made me extraordinarily mad, and a sec officer took my insuls (not that big of a deal) and the soap I had he then walked in and proceeded to wash my mouth out and slap me with the slapping thing he did this for about 3 minutes and then walked out so I uncuffed myself and stood by the door waiting he came back and opened the door so I disarmed him until he was stunned then I aggressive grabbed him and tabled him then another sec officer walked in, he proceeded to try and disable me with his disabler so I disarmed him and took his disabler and disabled him then dunked him into the trash the other officer just stood there watching. He came back with a stun baton, I disabled him and proceed to take it and stunned him again and took his ID, I then trashed him and went on the hunt for the janitor. The reason I bring this story up is because morto watched the whole thing happen and even talked to me using the you hear a voice in your head thing and she did not care. So when I found that janitor he tried to disable me. He was on his janicart and recharging a disabler (and I believe he had some armor on aswell) so he has shit aim and runs off I find him and stun him with a stun baton and proceed to bash his head in and kill him. I space him and go hide in a locker.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While I was trying to explain to morto why I did that. I was greeted with a "you have been banned screen" I didn't even get a chance to explain when they asked me why. I believe that the janitor was given too much leeway he was let off scott free he kept all his shit and sec did not care about him. Why did I get arrested when I wasn't even a threat and why did I get arrested for breaking in when the janitor did the same? Then the janitor tries to disable me when they see me again. That janitor was given too much power for doing jack squat and no one cared when he tried to disable me again
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [MortoSaseye] banned for beating up the janitor

Post by MortoSasye » #497195

You can't space people under any circumstances under escalation unless they came back from being killed and seeked conflict again and again. You already have a note about this, reason why I decided to increase your ban time:

This appeal is denied from my part, a headmin may overrule my decision if they wish to do so.

Edit: Also the full ban reason here:

Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [MortoSaseye] banned for beating up the janitor

Post by Hulkamania » #497499

You mentioned several times in your appeal that the janitor tried to disable you again, but none of that indicates that he came at you with lethal intent. Regardless of the whole security thing, you went out of your way to go after a guy and remove him from the round entirely, despite word from an administrator that you really shouldn't be doing that.

Morto is completely correct in that escalation does not permit you as a non-antagonist to remove someone from the round just over some non-lethal engagements. Just because you're mad about a situation doesn't mean that you get carte blanche at retribution.