Post by nyaakuza » #497006

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: nyaakuza, ankhesenamun
Banning admin: Eaglendia
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server
Ban reason and length: overescalation and banbaiting; 2 days
Time ban was placed (including time zone): thursday june 6 2019 8am cst
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sagil
Your side of the story: I'm legit not banbaiting I just am really really bad at ahelping
Why you think you should be unbanned: IC issues and they were solved IC, the only legit part of this is "banbaiting" and I'm not trying to do that. Also, even though it's "only 2 days" I really have nowhere else to play and I would really like to come back into the warm loving embrace of /tg/station as a better person who does not escalate ASAP

ps I honestly have no idea what a chaplain is supposed to do on a no-antag shift other than religious roleplay and I find that difficult to do when there's no cult counterplay involved so I kinda sorta may have taken it the wrong direction out of pure confusion.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Re: [Eaglendia] nyaakuza - I got in the fights

Post by Eaglendia » #497090

If you're not sure what to do as a role, the wiki has guidelines, even for more service-related and "roleplay-oriented" jobs such as the Chaplain. The incident that served as the tipping point for this ban occurred during a green shift, which would otherwise have been a fine time to figure out ways to enjoy a role and explore things to do in the game that aren't just attacking people for flimsy to no reason. The incident in question involved you attacking a Roboticist with your null rod unprovoked. The roboticist didn't want to engage in your boxing match and attempted to leave, defending themselves with screwdriver eye-stabs when you persisted; you took this opportunity to kill them. Outside of any other factors, this is pretty blatant overescalation and a classic example of killbaiting: starting fights with other players so you can kill them when they defend themselves.

The consistency with which you have invited these scenarios in your time here, in addition to other cases of self-antagging (you still have a persisting ghostrole ban for this), leads me to believe that your behavior is intentional. You've had plenty of time to read the server rules, which contain escalation policy and warn against forms of baiting. However, I don't want to disbelieve you if you honestly don't know what you should be doing in a certain situation and when you should be ahelping. Here's a question: even if you don't believe you're attempting to bait others into situations where they can be punished for their behavior, do you understand why I'm accusing you of this?
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #497137

Eaglendia wrote:Here's a question: even if you don't believe you're attempting to bait others into situations where they can be punished for their behavior, do you understand why I'm accusing you of this?
I know exactly why you think I'm trying to bait people, but I assure you I'm not.

I know what my problem is now. It's just impatience. I got ghost-role banned for repeatedly trying to encourage a shuttle call and then getting salty when it didn't happen and self-antagging for it. And the day I got banned, it was pretty similar behavior. As soon as my shift got ruined by one factor or another, regardless of how other people felt I would do anything I could to try and encourage a shuttle call. I'm legitimately not trying to hurt other people, ruin their game, or get them in trouble. I'm just impatient.

Believe it or not, I can learn from my mistakes. And I'm going to learn from this one. I promise.
Spoiler:
And I'm genuinely sorry for causing so much trouble. I don't like being a burden and don't want to be seen as one, please forgive me.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #497159

To make a long story short, I'm happy to give you another chance if you're committed to improvement. I've gone ahead and lifted the ban (consider it a dayban for overescalation) and will probably update the note to reflect the change in situation, or at least reconsider my exact language, as soon as I have a clearer head. I might have been a bit too harsh in hindsight, though I believe the team would consider harshness justified given your spree of incidents in a very short time span.

Consider yourself under a sort of probation for the time being, given that. It's very responsible of you to recognize your mistakes but I wouldn't expect anyone to be highly lenient with you at this time. Be rational and take care.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #497165

Eaglendia wrote:Be rational
Friend, I will do my very best, but there's only so much you can ask of someone in 2019.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #497498

Your comment that "there's only so much you can ask of someone" is a little ominous given your recent history. We have plenty of players on our servers who never have any issue, despite what the current year may or may not be. This kind of talk makes it appear like you're already set up to fail, and isn't something very comforting to hear.

In any case, this thread is resolved so I'll be locking it.