[NecromancerAnne] zac571 perma ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
zac571

[NecromancerAnne] zac571 perma ban appeal

Post by zac571 » #497847

Byond account: zac571
Character name: Sissy (I don't remember the last name)
Banning admin: NecromancerAnne
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Playing
Ban reason and length: Perma, for Murder and I believe suspected ban Evasion?
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 6/12/2019 07:32:48 (UTC)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I thought It'd be funny to kill the original Clone and simply state "There can only be one"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't believe a perm ban for a Murder isn't fair since Its my first offence, I would understand a week ban or something of the sorts. It was stated It seemed I had more experience then my hours would imply and i may be ban evading or worse, but I had a friend helping me out with explaining how to play over discord, I am honestly new.

(I can quote the whole ban if needed just tried to summarize)
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [NecromancerAnne] zac571 perma ban appeal

Post by Arianya » #497858

Full ban reason -
Banned from the server permanently - Spawned as someone's defective clone, immediately killing their true self, and when questioned refused to answer. In addition, their hours are deceptively low for their game knowledge, which hints that they're in fact evading a ban or worse. Come explain yourself on the forums when you appeal this ban.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
SirJax
Byond Username: Jaxoff

Post by SirJax » #497863

I'd like to come and formally introduce myself as the friend in question, I made an account to at least vouch for him if Its worth anything. I usually go by the name "Jaxon Fruit" in Sybil, I'm happy to add and further details if required. But I've been helping him out with learning the game, I mostly ran through stuff with him yesterday and the day before. Of course you can take my word with a grain of salt, I'd just like to be able to play with my friend in the future.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #498023

Hi, I'm glad the two of you have come to chat. The reason I placed a permanent ban was so I could have you come and address us here, on the forums, so we could have a talk.

So while I was the one who handled the ticket it was mostly observations of your actions and and your number of hours that had a few other admins suspicious about something not being right. At only 2 hours played you showed reasonable enough proficiency to fireman carry a corpse, but weirdly refused to answer when I ahelped about the situation. I'll admit, putting down in the notes that you might be ban-evading was probably a little hasty on my part and I put that down to having only been a trialmin for roughly 24 hours at the time. But the permaban was so I could get you to come here, onto the forums, and have a chat to explain yourself.

And what do you know, there was something suspect going on. You were communicating with someone out of the game.

So this is ample opportunity to give the two of you a refresher on our policy about this because while communicating with someone for the sake of teaching them is fine so long as you inform us first. Here is the relevant rule: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Rule_2_Precedents.
Rule 2 Precedents
1. Metacomms, the use of methods of communication outside of SS13 IC channels, is a very serious rule violation and may be met with permanent bans for all related accounts. If players are sharing the same IP or know each other in real life or the like, inform the admins first, otherwise it may look suspicious. Players are allowed to introduce new players that they know to the game but all communication and explanations should be done in game if possible. Admins can also help in these situations if requested.
So SirJax if you would be so kind as to drop me your ckey so I can ensure that this is properly recognized, then I can simply move this down from a permaban to a warning about not doing this kind of behaviour again. Assuming headmins have no qualms about this, of course.

Because the incident itself probably wasn't banworthy given that the person was cloned and this is your first offense and you are pretty damn new to the game. It is, however, something you should avoid doing in the future. Randomly killing people for no reason as a nonantag when they presented no threat to you is regarded as griefing and breaks rule 1. I would highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with our rules now that you've been given a breather. You can find it all here: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/
SirJax
Byond Username: Jaxoff

Post by SirJax » #498033

Thank you for the clarifications, It seems I personally should look over the rules again myself as I suppose I was lacking as a teacher not knowing the important note about giving warning.

My Ckey is simply my username with no spaces and capitals correct? If so It's
Spoiler:
jaxoff
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #498072

I've fixed both your notes and the ban to proper represent the situation. Thank you both for your time.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #498333

Looks resolved.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg