[kiteme] Nyaakuza - permaban, really?

Appeals which have been closed.
nyaakuza

[kiteme] Nyaakuza - permaban, really?

Post by nyaakuza » #498050

You have been banned by Kiteme from the server.
Reason: Killed a random SSD doctor because \"their lack of participation hurts the round\". This is the straw that broke the camels back. You have been given ample oppurtunity to follow our rules, and time and time again I observe you being a problem player.
This ban is permanent. The round ID is 110475

Post Content:
Byond account and character name:
nyaakuza
Banning admin:
kiteme
Ban type (What are you banned from?):
haha fuckin everything
Ban reason and length:
haha forever
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
now
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):
sib
Your side of the story:
Killing a SSD asshole that has been standing in a hallway for an hour while the escape shuttle is on its way just to be perma FUCKING banned while I'm on the escape pod is is absolute ass
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Do you really think I have anywhere else to play? Do you have a ban quota to fill or something? Can't you just relax? What is this shit?

edit:
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a dick but this is just frustrating. It feels like I'm actively being watched by people that are going for a ban quota, and it's driving me absolutely insane.
Last edited by nyaakuza on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: [kiteme] Nyaakuza - permaban, really?

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #498057

nyaakuza wrote: Killing a SSD asshole that has been standing in a hallway for an hour while the escape shuttle is on its way just to be perma FUCKING banned while I'm on the escape pod is is absolute ass

Do you have a ban quota to fill or something?
how in the fuck is this braindead guy preventing you from being in an escape pod? just drag him into a random locker before closing it, put him in a dorms bed, throw him inside maintenance, put the captain's gear on him then put him in the captain's chair, trap him inside the holodeck, or just move him out of the fucking way. those are all alternatives compared to killing him.

like, was the braindead guy using super powers or some shit to lag you into some sort of lava trap that the admins set up?

Also, as an ex-admin, there is no ban quota. Kiteme just thinks you're not a good player.
kiteme
Byond Username: Kiteme

Post by kiteme » #498060

I wasn't paying any attention to you, I was alt-tabbed. That is, until you ahelped beforehand.

ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #10: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses): this Elijah Power person has been SSD'd the entire shift
[2019-06-13 06:39:27.400]
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Kiteme/(Luther Longmont)->Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses): if you aren't a head of staff you can go ssd.
[2019-06-13 06:40:08.655]
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses)->Kiteme/(Luther Longmont): fake and gay
[2019-06-13 06:40:20.847]
ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <A ticket'>#10</A> closed by <a href='?priv_msg=kiteme'>Kiteme</a>/(Luther Longmont).
[2019-06-13 06:40:23.846]
cc6ce89bd864f0003a95b8be931c0935.png
Spoiler:
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498064

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
nyaakuza wrote: Killing a SSD asshole that has been standing in a hallway for an hour while the escape shuttle is on its way just to be perma FUCKING banned while I'm on the escape pod is is absolute ass

Do you have a ban quota to fill or something?
how in the fuck is this braindead guy preventing you from being in an escape pod? just drag him into a random locker before closing it, put him in a dorms bed, throw him inside maintenance, put the captain's gear on him then put him in the captain's chair, trap him inside the holodeck, or just move him out of the fucking way. those are all alternatives compared to killing him.

like, was the braindead guy using super powers or some shit to lag you into some sort of lava trap that the admins set up?

Also, as an ex-admin, there is no ban quota. Kiteme just thinks you're not a good player.
I didn't see the harm in it considering it was someone who clearly wasn't going to come back.

There's no reasonable justification as to "why," I was just upset at their existence. Is the number of current living crew members used anywhere in the code for calculations? Because if it is, then that's definitely an issue.
kiteme wrote:I wasn't paying any attention to you, I was alt-tabbed. That is, until you ahelped beforehand.

ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #10: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses): this Elijah Power person has been SSD'd the entire shift
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Kiteme/(Luther Longmont)->Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses): if you aren't a head of staff you can go ssd.
[2019-06-13 06:40:08.655]
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses)->Kiteme/(Luther Longmont): fake and gay
[2019-06-13 06:40:20.847]
ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket <A ticket'>#10</A> closed by <a href='?priv_msg=kiteme'>Kiteme</a>/(Luther Longmont).
[2019-06-13 06:40:23.846]
cc6ce89bd864f0003a95b8be931c0935.png
I killed a soulless body that would never return, what is the actual issue here? Is it my intent? Because I wasn't hurting anyone else's playing experience in any way. The only one whose experience is being hurt throughout all of this is me.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #498073

If this is a ghosted body with the message {Totally Catatonic}, what's the issue here? It has always been fine to murder them. Chefs gib them. I often bring them to maint medbay for spare parts to attach to people I find wounded in maint.
kiteme

Post by kiteme » #498077

FloranOtten wrote:If this is a ghosted body with the message {Totally Catatonic}, what's the issue here? It has always been fine to murder them. Chefs gib them. I often bring them to maint medbay for spare parts to attach to people I find wounded in maint.
Spoiler:
kiteme

Post by kiteme » #498078

nyaakuza wrote:You have been banned by Kiteme from the server.
Reason: Killed a random SSD doctor because \"their lack of participation hurts the round\". This is the straw that broke the camels back. You have been given ample oppurtunity to follow our rules, and time and time again I observe you being a problem player.

This is the straw that broke the camels back.

Killing SSDs FNR is pretty shit behavior no matter the circumstances. You've been here for less than a month, and I've seen enough. In your now 3 ban appeals, you have provided little to no reasoning for your actions and attitude. My gut feeling of a perma ban for your BoH stunt was right.

This appeal is denied. You can appeal again in a year.
Spoiler:
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498080

kiteme wrote:
nyaakuza wrote:You have been banned by Kiteme from the server.

This is the straw that broke the camels back.

Killing SSDs FNR is pretty shit behavior no matter the circumstances. You've been here for less than a month, and I've seen enough. In your now 3 ban appeals, you have provided little to no reasoning for your actions and attitude. My gut feeling of a perma ban for your BoH stunt was right.

This appeal is denied. You can appeal again in a year.
You're a real piece of shit, you know that?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #498081

We've literally never banned people for killing SSD's before tho
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #498084

kiteme wrote: ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #10: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses): this Elijah Power person has been SSD'd the entire shift
Did you actually check to see if it was just SSD because that piece of info can change the whole situation
Player could've misunderstood the lingo, potentially
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #498085

nyaakuza wrote:I killed a soulless body that would never return, what is the actual issue here? Is it my intent? Because I wasn't hurting anyone else's playing experience in any way. The only one whose experience is being hurt throughout all of this is me.
I'm gonna crank the memes down to zero here.

A braindead player is someone who disconnected from the round. It does not say how long though. This means that maybe he was gone for 5 seconds or 4 hours. You seem to understand this from what I know. Now, you may think that killing him is fine since he has supposedly been braindead all shift HOWEVER there's still a chance he might come back. You can be considered lucky (or smart if you think the odds of him coming back are low) that he didn't come back online RIGHT while you were killing him.

I didn't want to sound like a dick in my first post however your reasoning for killing a braindead player sounds odd UNLESS...
totally Malkraz wrote:what if player thoguht he was cataotnic bald lmao
As far as I know, catatonics don't send a message saying I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED.

So, he killed a real braindead player, I think
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498086

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
nyaakuza wrote:I killed a soulless body that would never return, what is the actual issue here? Is it my intent? Because I wasn't hurting anyone else's playing experience in any way. The only one whose experience is being hurt throughout all of this is me.
I'm gonna crank the memes down to zero here.

A braindead player is someone who disconnected from the round. It does not say how long though. This means that maybe he was gone for 5 seconds or 4 hours. You seem to understand this from what I know. Now, you may think that killing him is fine since he has supposedly been braindead all shift HOWEVER there's still a chance he might come back. You can be considered lucky (or smart if you think the odds of him coming back are low) that he didn't come back online RIGHT while you were killing him.

I didn't want to sound like a dick in my first post however your reasoning for killing a braindead player sounds odd UNLESS...
totally Malkraz wrote:what if player thoguht he was cataotnic bald lmao
As far as I know, catatonics don't send a message saying I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED.

So, he killed a real braindead player, I think
I'm willing to bet you every damn penny I have that player did not ahelp. Kiteme was just fucking watching me after I sent that ahelp regarding SSD players, because he just loves to grudge me.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #498087

I didn't say "thought he was catatonic", I said "what if he thought 'SSD' referred to catatonics and just called it that in the ahelp?" which is why I asked if kiteme actually checked the status of the killed guy.
Ayy Baldmoh wrote:As far as I know, catatonics don't send a message saying I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED. I HAVE DIED.
Is there a piece of info I'm missing from the thread here? I don't see a message that implies something like this.
^This post made by retard gang
Ayy Lemoh wrote:The image sent by kiteme shows the braindead dying.
Last edited by Malkraz on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #498088

Malkraz wrote:Is there a piece of info I'm missing from the thread here? I don't see a message that implies something like this.
The image sent by kiteme shows the (possibly) braindead person dying.
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498089

Imagine holding a grudge as an admin.

"but we cant thats against the rules i dont break rules im an admin and im perfect xD"
rly
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #498092

nyaakuza wrote:I'm willing to bet you every damn penny I have that player did not ahelp. Kiteme was just fucking watching me after I sent that ahelp regarding SSD players, because he just loves to grudge me.
Bet declined. The point is that he COULD come back. That's why you don't kill braindead players.

Also, no fucking shit he watched you I heard he didn't however let's just assume he did. If someone ahelps CAN I MURDER THE CAPTAIN and replies with EH, YOU'RE PRETTY FAKE AND GAY BRO then I would watch that guy too because he's probably about to murder the fucking captain. I'm pretty sure real world governments watch people for their words or responses to things too.

I doubt he has a grudge. You're making accusations here that can't be backed up unless your entire note/ban history is kiteme dropping in from the fucking heavens to punish you.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #498100

oranges wrote:We've literally never banned people for killing SSD's before tho
I've asked Kor about this issue before and I was told that I'd get banned for killing an SSD if and only if the SSD came back and ahelped it.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #498118

nyaakuza wrote:Imagine holding a grudge as an admin.

"but we cant thats against the rules i dont break rules im an admin and im perfect xD"
Sorry if it seems like you're being dogpiled however it was unfortunately easy to forget what seems like the bigger picture here - a permaban.

He says the permaban was due to your past actions all in a month. Is it odd for this to be the thing that broke the camel's back? Yeah. Yeah, it is. I think the issue is you mainly asking the admins if you could do something, hearing you can't, and then just fucking ignore them. It seems really weird for you to do that.

I'm done here though. While you don't deserve a permaban for this, it's clear that the reason isn't just this. This seems to be a dreaded rule 0 ban.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #498119

Half of these posts should be deleted for peanut posting and the only reason I'm not doing so is because there's so much interquoting that I'd have to leave this thread looking like the Sahara desert to rectify it.

As a reminder of the rules:
2. If you are not directly involved with the appeal (You are the guy who was banned, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the appeal. Repetitive ignoring of this rule will lead to your FNR posting privileges being revoked until further notice
Adding to/adjusting the definitions so that players can post in a thread regarding something they weren't involved in, IF IT IS TO BRING UP/POINT TO/HIGHLIGHT a rule, precedent, or piece of evidence that was missed that is relevant to the situation.
Peanut posts beyond this point will be met with warns and deletes.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498234

It's not like having this appealed would help me, because I'm just one bwoink away from getting yet another permaban because Kiteme's camel has a weak back. Nobody's perfect, and he wants to see me as a "griefer" and not a player or, god forbid, a person. Any attempts I've made with him to try and talk person-to-person have been met with hostility.

Really wish you guys didn't keep notes on me. I'm just trying to play the game, not trying to get away with some grand scheme.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #498274

oranges wrote:We've literally never banned people for killing SSD's before tho
Its been a long established precedent that only catatonic carbons are free game, and I have been banning people for killing SSDs for as long as I can remember.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
kiteme

Post by kiteme » #498282

ATTACK: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses) has attacked Gaminada[DC]/(Elijah Power) with dark blessing (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -68.5) (Medbay Central (90, 105, 2))
[2019-06-13 06:40:45.652]

Yes, it was an SSD player.

rly
I don't have a grudge, but I doubt anything I say will change your mind.
nyaakuza wrote:Any attempts I've made with him to try and talk person-to-person have been met with hostility.
Do you have any examples of this? I am genuinely curious.
Spoiler:
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498296

kiteme wrote:ATTACK: Nyaakuza/(Wears-Pretty-Dresses) has attacked Gaminada[DC]/(Elijah Power) with dark blessing (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -68.5) (Medbay Central (90, 105, 2))
[2019-06-13 06:40:45.652]

Yes, it was an SSD player.

rly
I don't have a grudge, but I doubt anything I say will change your mind.
nyaakuza wrote:Any attempts I've made with him to try and talk person-to-person have been met with hostility.
Do you have any examples of this? I am genuinely curious.
I misspoke on the last one. It's not hostility, it's just genuine apathy which kinda hurts more than outright hostility. My entire discord chat log with you is 3 DMs from me and not a single thing from you with the exception of the error message I get for trying to DM you.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #498303

Admins can't handle administrative issues over discord Nyaakuza.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498305

MortoSasye wrote:Admins can't handle administrative issues over discord Nyaakuza.
why are you acting like you're a well-organized corporation for something important and not running a free-to-access server of a video game for fun

We're just people playing a video game, why the hell can't we talk about why you're kicking me out of the ball pit one-on-one?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #498320

nyaakuza wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:Admins can't handle administrative issues over discord Nyaakuza.
why are you acting like you're a well-organized corporation for something important and not running a free-to-access server of a video game for fun

We're just people playing a video game, why the hell can't we talk about why you're kicking me out of the ball pit one-on-one?

Code: Select all

7: Do not resolve administrative matters over discord or discord pm.
Its another one of those rules that you're not following and then acting surprised when things don't work out as you hoped.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #498337

The merits of a ban for killing an SSD that never returned are somewhat questionable, but doing it after ahelping and an admin telling you that going SSD is fine is just downright stupid.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #498401

Hi!
Let's go over your entire stay in this server:
First seen: 2019-05-15 09:58:41
Total Connections: 157
Now, some of your notes, including bans:
2019-05-18 17:54:46 wrote:Forcibly debrained and monkeyed a paraplegic clown as a nonantagonist doctor, citing "extreme bullying" as her reason. Set the situation right when corrected, but didn't seem to show a whole lot of empathy for the other player's situation (or just didn't seem to think being forcemonkeyed is that bad). New to the server; told to give policy a good read before logging too much more time.
2019-05-19 12:33:41 wrote:Banned from the server for 1 week - As a golem, asked if "golems allowed to self-antag". 10 minutes after being told "no" BOH bombed escape as the shuttle was arriving. Said it was "for fun and pleasure".
Banned from Roles: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn for 1 month - As a golem, asked if "golems allowed to self-antag". 10 minutes after being told "no" BOH bombed escape as the shuttle was arriving. Said it was "for fun and pleasure".
2019-06-06 19:12:37 wrote:Banned from the server for 2880 minutes - As a Chaplain during a green shift, randomly attacked a Roboticist with their nullrod. When the Roboticist defended themselves, they beat them to death. Initial ban for banbaiting reduced to a day for overescalation; player insists they came from a server where players were expected to adminhelp in situations that are frivolous or against policy here and denies any manner of baiting. They'll allegedly be making a committment to improve their playstyle in the future.
2019-06-08 10:10:14 wrote:Warned for randomly injecting other people with dangerous drug mixes. Don't do this again. Use a monkey.
You have a total of 4 bans in less than a month. You ahelped to complain about a person who disconnected -not catatonic!- and then you killed them because ???.
I didn't see the harm in it considering it was someone who clearly wasn't going to come back.
You don't get to decide that. Why would we allow that to happen? Your attitude is poor, and I don't see why unbanning you would benefit this server in any way. Despite your promises to improve, the next thing you did -two days later- was inject people with dangerous drug mixes as a non-antag, and then, in another opportunity, killing an SSD person just because "you didn't see any harm in it". I don't see anything good coming out of you being unbanned, so I will deny this appeal. You are free to come back in a year, but please get some staff member from other server to vouch for you.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
nyaakuza

Post by nyaakuza » #498757

>Your attitude is poor
k
>don't see why unbanning you would benefit this server in any way.
k guess I don't get to play then lol

>Despite your promises to improve, the next thing you did -two days later- was inject people with dangerous drug mixes as a non-antag
Guess the notes don't say the "DANGERUOS!!!" chemicals were 20u of morphine and 10u of charcoal, huh?

>and then, in another opportunity, killing an SSD person just because "you didn't see any harm in it".
I don't

>I don't see anything good coming out of you being unbanned, so I will deny this appeal.
aight then

>You are free to come back in a year, but please get some staff member from other server to vouch for you.
I'm a grown adult. I'm not going to change in a year. This is a condescending joke.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #498773

It's not my fault if, being a grown adult, the concept of improving the way you play a videogame is too hard for you to grasp. The fact you don't trust yourself enough to become a better player is no one's fault but yours.
You can go to another server that fits your tastes better, but it seems like /tg/ isn't it.
Nothing else to say, so I'm locking the appeal.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try