Give luxury miner shelters sleepers instead of stasis units

A place to record your ideas for the game.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Give luxury miner shelters sleepers instead of stasis units

Post by adamkad1 » #497448

They cost a lot of points so i guess they would deserve to not have trash?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Give luxury miner shelters sleepers instead of stasis units

Post by confused rock » #497453

disregarding everything else retarded about this, both regular shelters and luxury shelters had regular sleepers in the past, and it was fine. now both have balanced beds in them, which is fine. giving it sleepers would besides the 99 other reasons this is stupid be an unnecessary buff that the luxury shelter never needed.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #497468

just put a synthflesh patch in the container or something, don't need an infinite reagent generator.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #497487

limited reagent sleepers would be neat
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #497568

imo removing sleepers from the pods was a buff tbh. I never saw anyone using them due to people lone-mining. Now the stasis beds and vendor can be used for self healing.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #497652

why does the pod have free meds tho
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #497681

Shelter's medkits are broken and not even slightly.
Back in the sleeper days you would heal a bit of burn damage by eating donk pockets, or very rarely sleeper a miner comrade.
Now you basically have 10 extra health bars for the small price of a shelter ( 400 credits )
Who in their right mind thought this was balanced ?
A brute kit containing 4 brute patches costs 600 credits, a shelter gives you atleast double and is half the price lmfao.

God forbid liggers get their hands on one of these, they could clear lavaland of every fauna with 0 skill required and still have spare meds when done.
Last edited by Daxxed on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #497851

Daxxed wrote:Snip
Agreed. The Honkpockets was a neat trick you learnt but that was it. Either you waste a medipen while not nearly dead or you get back to mining station. Now you can carry a medbay in your pack. Get two boxes and you can carry an entire nanomed in your backpack without paying a dime.

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #497953

Heh, while a sleeper would be nice, it's not necessary. The current state of healing in mining/lavaland/shelters if a little excessive. They don't need more healing.
Miners can just spend their 20k+ mining points on survival pens and put them into a bag of holding to be better than normal medical staff.
Combine it with a staff of alphephius, a single miner can replace half of medical, and work as great combat medics.
Ashliggers who get a shelter are extremely dangerous if 2-3 of the liggers are competent(and lavaland generation isn't complete crap).
FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #498051

Taylork2 wrote:Heh, while a sleeper would be nice, it's not necessary. The current state of healing in mining/lavaland/shelters if a little excessive. They don't need more healing.
Miners can just spend their 20k+ mining points on survival pens and put them into a bag of holding to be better than normal medical staff.
Combine it with a staff of alphephius, a single miner can replace half of medical, and work as great combat medics.
Ashliggers who get a shelter are extremely dangerous if 2-3 of the liggers are competent(and lavaland generation isn't complete crap).
Replacing the bed with a sleeper would nerf the healing, actually. They get a free emergency pod round start and there's a spare for each miner in the secondary equipment room. Each of these 2 free pods has a nanomed with free meds. A sleeper requires two people to operate, while a nanomeds brute patches require one person and fit in your backpack.

Give me feedback!
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #498370

FloranOtten wrote:
Taylork2 wrote:Heh, while a sleeper would be nice, it's not necessary. The current state of healing in mining/lavaland/shelters if a little excessive. They don't need more healing.
Replacing the bed with a sleeper would nerf the healing, actually. They get a free emergency pod round start and there's a spare for each miner in the secondary equipment room. Each of these 2 free pods has a nanomed with free meds. A sleeper requires two people to operate, while a nanomeds brute patches require one person and fit in your backpack.
Oh no, you found out my hidden intent to nerf miners more
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #498608