Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Shadowflame909 » #469137

Bottom post of the previous page:

somerandomguy wrote:Trance being interesting is heavily based on radio chatter
It's also pretty rare afaik so you won't see it much
I got trance once, The request was some random phrase like "She needs to be robusted"

I didn't know how to interpret that.
► Show Spoiler
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #469140

Shadowflame909 wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:Trance being interesting is heavily based on radio chatter
It's also pretty rare afaik so you won't see it much
I got trance once, The request was some random phrase like "She needs to be robusted"

I didn't know how to interpret that.
You can interpret it any way you like including "she (the nearest or all female character(s), you decide) needs to be robusted --> nobody else is doing it --> time to robust them"
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #469150

you can make sure she is robusted by killing everyone
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #469535

Hey if I made xray give you reduced vision range like binoculars and also removed ugly shoe sprites would that be a good idea
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #469556

confused rock wrote:Hey if I made xray give you reduced vision range like binoculars and also removed ugly shoe sprites would that be a good idea
Just make X-ray cause the thermal eye damage thing instead but otherwise yeah
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #470983

do radiation scan goggles even fucking work? I've honestly never seen em used usefully for any use
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #470985

confused rock wrote:do radiation scan goggles even fucking work? I've honestly never seen em used usefully for any use
i don't think the radiation setting on goggles work
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #471476

EMPing the AI core lasts so fucking long, it doesn't give the AI even a single chance to recover. The APC is off for like a full two minutes and that is absolutely not enough time to recover for even a chance to fight back.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #471478

Yakumo_Chen wrote:EMPing the AI core lasts so fucking long, it doesn't give the AI even a single chance to recover. The APC is off for like a full two minutes and that is absolutely not enough time to recover for even a chance to fight back.
somewhat piggybacking off this (even if i dont necessarily agree with it), i personally think the free emp on meta really needs to be removed; i've had a great many (sometimes consecutive) rounds in recent memory where sec has been shut down and siphoned to shit within the first 5 minutes because chucklefuck mcgreytide tossed it by the front door again.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #471767

Yakumo_Chen wrote:EMPing the AI core lasts so fucking long, it doesn't give the AI even a single chance to recover. The APC is off for like a full two minutes and that is absolutely not enough time to recover for even a chance to fight back.
Wire pulsing is reallyannoying, it fucks up the doors on Pubby whenever the singulo is running too. The airlocks get constantly EMP'd and having their setting scrambled and the AI typically shoulders the blame.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #472551

Staff of locker doesn't have a on back sprite.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #472972

very disappointed in the junkie quirk, 7 pills is gonna last you a long time. Them being 0.5u is just stupid- if you're scared of the quirk doing anything, the quirk shouldn't exist. It's essentially a better version of brain tumour, which essentially gives you a mannitol addiction. This time you just get 7 free mannitols that don't do anything else.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #477638

Remove the flashes from tech storage on all maps. More trouble than they're worth.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #480301

Tear in the fabric of reality was yet another kor mistake, now tears are completely unfair since if you're just standing on the same screen as the suicider you're instantly nutted on, but with singulo even if you were right next to him you had a chance to dodge it
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #481425

Remove the mech missile launcher already jesus christ every single time I see a mech is has one of these now and it's an instant kill on everything, including other mechs.

I was running a mech rampage as a traitor the other day and the crew's counter was to build a mech with not one but three fucking missile launchers so it could just spam it three times as fast. Holy fuck.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #481432

wear a bomb suit scrub
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #481568

Probably the most retarded advice I've ever heard but thanks for trying
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #483178

So does the mech actually have a non-lethal option now that the taser was removed?
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #483200

Yakumo_Chen wrote:So does the mech actually have a non-lethal option now that the taser was removed?
Flashbang launcher is the only non-lethal option left off the top of my head.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #483562

Cult conversions/sacs should take 10 seconds
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #483571

Against implanted crew definitely
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #485747

Borg buckle tossing is still the most absolute bullshit thing of all time and there's no way to react to it unless you carry shit in your hands at all times
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #486270

The way emps effect apcs needs to be changed badly.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #490180

If stuns and push are being rebalanced and generally nerfed, then it's probably a bad thing that it's still possible to permastun someone by pushing them onto glass tables. The damage is strong enough, the stun should be greatly reduced or removed.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #495641

Geneticist syringe gun is sort of weak for 14 TC. You can only give people one mutation at a time now with injectors, so the worst you can really do with it is make people into monkies or give them the mutation that makes them set on fire occasionally, which isn't all that debilitating.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #495803

Cyborg spin toss is still OP as all hell. Tosses you over an entire screen away, not even sure if there's an upper limit, instant cuff-length stun when you hit a wall, not "if" because hitting a wall is pretty much inevitable with the distance tossed. It's also instant, impossible to predict, silent, and can only be defended against if you happen to have both hands full, which you probably don't.
xXPawnStarrXx
Byond Username: XXPawnStarrXx

Post by xXPawnStarrXx » #498827

The could the Objective "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. Be sure to use the proper safety equipment when extracting the sliver!" be changed to something like; "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. The tools have been provided, be aware of radiation." because I thought I would be cocky and try to rush the objective when spawning as an engineer, I took a rad suit thinking that was what I needed and got immediately vaporised.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #498844

xXPawnStarrXx wrote:The could the Objective "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. Be sure to use the proper safety equipment when extracting the sliver!" be changed to something like; "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. The tools have been provided, be aware of radiation." because I thought I would be cocky and try to rush the objective when spawning as an engineer, I took a rad suit thinking that was what I needed and got immediately vaporised.
This is a good idea.
► Show Spoiler
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #498879

xXPawnStarrXx wrote:The could the Objective "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. Be sure to use the proper safety equipment when extracting the sliver!" be changed to something like; "Steal a sliver of a supermatter crystal. The tools have been provided, be aware of radiation." because I thought I would be cocky and try to rush the objective when spawning as an engineer, I took a rad suit thinking that was what I needed and got immediately vaporised.
if you got ashed it's beacuse you touched the SM directly by either clicking without the tools given yo tou for cutting the sliver or by walking into it, not because of radiation
xXPawnStarrXx
Byond Username: XXPawnStarrXx

Post by xXPawnStarrXx » #498894

teepeepee wrote:
if you got ashed it's beacuse you touched the SM directly by either clicking without the tools given yo tou for cutting the sliver or by walking into it, not because of radiation
I know I got vaporised because I touched it, what I have an issue with is that you are provided with a tool that you don't get told you have. The only way to remove the sliver is with a tool you don't know you need unless you find a specific guide telling you about traitor items, I goofed and deserved to be ashed for being cocky I want people to be AWARE that they have said too and not be done dirty.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #498919

xXPawnStarrXx wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
I know I got vaporised because I touched it, what I have an issue with is that you are provided with a tool that you don't get told you have. The only way to remove the sliver is with a tool you don't know you need unless you find a specific guide telling you about traitor items, I goofed and deserved to be ashed for being cocky I want people to be AWARE that they have said too and not be done dirty.
the box you get with the tools has the instructions
perhaps you need a message pointing out the box you don't normally spawn with I guess?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #498923

Sounds like a Good First PR tm.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #499713

Can the early launch console for the escape shuttle have a big fat prompt/more warnings about early launches. Lately it's been pretty annoying just how often it's happening with zero threats. Also only one auth per person instead of ID or something
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #499726

it's supposed to be bannable to early launch for no good cause, have admins not been policing it?
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #499866

I'm sure some enforcement has been made but seems to happen a lot on lower pop/admin-free times, one of those things where if others are doing it I'll do it
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #499906

Anuv wrote:I'm sure some enforcement has been made but seems to happen a lot on lower pop/admin-free times, one of those things where if others are doing it I'll do it
Plus every time I enforce it they're shocked to learn that there's a rule about it so a warning might be good
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #501053

Unwrenched pipes need some random pixel shift to stop the meta of "wrenched pipe hidden under unwrenched one"
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #502849

Remove the fucking stun baton and flash from the mining sec locker. Why is there even free sec gear on the fucking mine?
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #503967

Despite the fact you could already get a free stun baton and sec armor from the mine, a boneheaded coder decided to up the ante and put a cost-free SecTech in the room too. Free sec gear, laborsky's baton (he can be lava'd with zero effort), all behind one single publicly-accessible door in a room security has never, ever, ever used.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #503972

Game design isn’t meant to be flawless. There is no issue with a small of sec gear being accessible round start, it gives antags a chance and doesn’t stack things in secs favor.

Also, I used that room just the other day. I made gulag into an internment camp and hired guards for it. That was their rec room of sorts.
[this space reserved]
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #504075

Steal the locker from arrivals then. It least someone has an actual chance of spotting you doing it. There's "sec gear you can steal without hacking into security" but this is risk free. It's doubly dumb since the secvend is free gear, not priced gear like the one in the actual brig.
W65
Byond Username: W65

Post by W65 » #504656

The names of the latest medical chems sound asinine: frogenite and so on. The second-tier ones (thializid etc) are a little eye-rolling but at least have the flavor of believably. I don't expect 20th century naming conventions, but it's pretty obvious someone half-assed them. If they aren't references that I'm missing and that someone's wedded to, can we please come up with some better names? Sanguiose sounds like it came from some high school student's vampire fiction, although I get that someone thought the association would help people remember what it is supposed to be used for (although it doesn't actually restore blood, but I guess it was a nice try). Slap likely-sounding TLAs like BRN or BRU on them, then refer to them by the acronyms everywhere in-game. Or just go with names that sound like trade names, like ProClot or whatever. Or whatever anyone else can come up with.

Sure, there are less stupid things to complain about, but I wanted to complain about this. I mean, one less stupid thing would be usability. I'm not much of a chemist, but it seems it's easier to make trophazole than it is to make sanguiose since phenol's in the latter and so takes extra steps beyond just making more acetone. Are people even going to use these new chems?

And yeah I realize I'm complaining about this in a spessman game where salicylic acid can be used to completely heal sword wounds.

Oh, and as a separate complaint: science goggles should show what a thing can be ground down into, not just recycled into. It'd make research mode actually useful again for ghetto chemists, at least.

That reminds me that I need to check what gumballs grind down into now that trekchems are gone. Probably just sugar.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #507225

Give doctors access to the reagent dart gun in the syndi uplink.

On lowpop they do chemistry as well but have no access to this fun traitor item.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #512263

For the love of god, can we please have pressing the action buttons that bring up radial windows again close the menu without picking an option?

Things like integrated toolsets are needlessly clumsy without a way to close the window.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #512268

CPTANT wrote:For the love of god, can we please have pressing the action buttons that bring up radial windows again close the menu without picking an option?

Things like integrated toolsets are needlessly clumsy without a way to close the window.
Just choose a tool and itll to away i think. But yeah its not very intuitive
[this space reserved]
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #517141

CPTANT wrote:For the love of god, can we please have pressing the action buttons that bring up radial windows again close the menu without picking an option?

If you mean shit like the RCD, there's a near-invisible button in the middle of the radial menu to close it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #519215

Hearts decay and fail too fast in my honest opinion. I don't like doing surgery on the surgical tables with the advanced surgical procedures as the heart usually needs a bypass by the time I'm done, even with improved tools.

I also feel like eyes and ears should fail slower as well, it seems you constantly need to give people inacusiate after reviving them due to the hearing damage, oculine can be skipped by eye surgery however, perhaps an ear surgery wouldn't go amiss?

Stomachs don't have a cyber equivalent and no repair surgery.

Medbay ought to have a way to make extra prosthetics, while it's not always an issue, it can and does happen when you run out of mechanical prosthetics. You can get around this with limb harvesting the deceased but it's not always available.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #519218

Anonmare wrote:I also feel like eyes and ears should fail slower as well, it seems you constantly need to give people inacusiate after reviving them due to the hearing damage, oculine can be skipped by eye surgery however, perhaps an ear surgery wouldn't go amiss?

Medbay ought to have a way to make extra prosthetics, while it's not always an issue, it can and does happen when you run out of mechanical prosthetics. You can get around this with limb harvesting the deceased but it's not always available.
I seem to recall ear surgery being a thing. Did it get removed recently? I've just been giving patients a pair of fluffy earmuffs and kicking them out to deal with hearing damage(in lieu of inacusiate availability) so I'm not sure if ear surgery still exists.

There is an organic limb grower that nobody besides me ever seemed to construct. It uses liquid synthflesh as its fuel source though, so I'm not sure if it still functions correctly. Alternatively, do what I do and get an exofab board from tech storage at roundstart to just print off borg limbs on demand.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #521301

Roundstart vampires are a fucking mistake

2019-10-28 02:10:02 120 140 2 Captain's Quarters GAME *no key*/(Space Bat) *no key*/(Space Bat) is no longer owning mob Space Bat(/mob/living/simple_animal/hostile/retaliate/bat)
2019-10-28 02:10:02 ACCESS Mob Login: Nopatap/(Mason Owens) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
2019-10-28 02:10:02 120 140 2 Captain's Quarters GAME Nopatap/(Mason Owens) Client Nopatap/(Mason Owens) has taken ownership of mob Mason Owens(/mob/living/carbon/human)

(Vamp ventcrawled into captains office)
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #521360

we know, that's why they're only available during the halloween event
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #521540

Borged vampires can still use their bat form, even while locked down. Not sure if this applies to vamp brains put in ai's though.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?