[No longer admin] An0n3

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No longer admin] An0n3

Post by MrStonedOne » #33101

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Anon3

Post by NikNakFlak » #33112

Let me change, that. That also means your post will be bumped down but unchanged.
Edit: Fixed, An0n3 now has a feedback thread. He originally didn't because he dropped off the face of the planet for awhile
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #33113

>erros gang
>barely plays the game
>not up to date on current policy (ex. nameshit)
>does he even participate in #adminbus?
>doesn't even have a thread

De-admin, right now.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: An0n3

Post by Pandarsenic » #33118

True, false, neither am I, yes he does, he disappeared for a while and now he's back.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #33120

erro has dropped off the face of the earth even harder than anon
and there isnt even an "erros gang" lol
hes been playing a lot recently too
and the nameshit was a mystery to pretty much everyone considering there have been no official announcements regarding this change in the rules *cough*
having a thread wasnt his fault either
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #33170

No, but having a thread is a fair bit of his responsiblity as an admin, and I'd expect him to make one if he didn't have one. Nit-picking aside, Anon disappeared for a while - Isn't there some kind of thing against absentee admins?

It just seems really iffy to have someone drop out for a few months then pop right back in and start handing out bans like nothing happened.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #33210

Hornygranny has been doing that before you or I even started playing.

Also you can literally read one page to catch up on the policy, not hard

9/10 need to play in superior timezone
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #33242

Psyentific he has publicly asked to be de-adminined in the past, during his inactivity if I do recall correctly.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #33281

You can't be deadminned, there is no escape for any of us.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33283

Anon is a different voice of insanity in a sea of insanity, but at least he's insane in a different direction than the majority of the administration. If you get enough crazy people pulling in random directions, you should mostly stay put, so I think that's a good thing.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #33312

You know funny thing, i was just about to create a post earlier
I was going to call it

[An0n3] An0n3 - An0n3 goes in all fields

But lately all the other admins are calling me a drama queen, or I'm being accused of being an attention whore by a guy who posted an AMA about himself on digg. So I'm damned if I do or damned if I don't.

And I'm cool with that because, I think damiac put my current attitude perfectly:
Anon is a different voice of insanity in a sea of insanity, but at least he's insane in a different direction than the majority of the administration. If you get enough crazy people pulling in random directions, you should mostly stay put, so I think that's a good thing.
The current administration lacks balance. Everyone is drinking the same koolaid so policy is getting steamrolled in one direction a lot of people, including myself, don't like at all. It's funny that you guys frequently complain to eachother how difficult it is to deal with certain players, how you wish you could just get rid of them, and those players are all as old or older than you guys are. You would think that would mean something but I guess we're neo-/tg/ now? I wonder how often SoS just let's you guys drive the car because he doesn't have it in him to argue about where you're taking everyone.

But hey this thread isn't about you guys, it's about me. The private thread I created in admin forums to talk about my grievances with some of you specifically was locked by Hornygranny! Aint it funny how that works?
Psyentific wrote:>erros gang
>barely plays the game
>not up to date on current policy (ex. nameshit)
>does he even participate in #adminbus?
>doesn't even have a thread

De-admin, right now.
1) Judging me based on who I am, or was, friends with? You know you have to be over the age of 18 to play on these servers, right? Please keep that clique shit to playground, please.
2) Working on that. Racking up hours again, since how much I've played in the past and what responsibilities I've held in the past doesn't matter. It's all about how many hours I put in over the last week, right?
4) Good job citing an example of a rule that wasn't made public knowledge. Fuck me for not being psychic. But hey, thanks to me everyone knows now, right?
5) I idle in there but I get the cold shoulder from most folks, and I don't blame them. AYYRANCLMAOS hates my guts, Hornygranny aint exactly a friend, and most folks in there are too new to know me as anything but some really bitter oldfag with a beard.
6) See above. I would've made one if I thought anyone would've had anything to say about me.
Incomptinence wrote:Psyentific he has publicly asked to be de-adminined in the past, during his inactivity if I do recall correctly.
I raised the issue of my deadminning to set a precedent. I was offering up my adminship so that I would get deadminned and everyone who had been inactive longer than me. The hope was that, as a last action as an admin, I could martyr my status and set a rule that anyone who doesn't do anything for X number of days loses adminship.

This is why I'm still a game master, and why my approval rating was top-tier when I was head of bans. I'm usually a pretty selfless guy. I don't care about pissing others off, risking making myself look like an idiot, or giving up my adminship if it means doing the right thing. Which is more than I can say for...everyone else I've met in SS13. Though I do have a short temper and sometimes when I sink my teeth into something I have trouble letting go. My record for "times he was right" to "times he fucked up" is pretty great, too!

So now I'm here and I have no intention of giving up my adminship and lording my status as the third-highest active ranked admin on the list (after HBL and tied with Elyina) over others because I see shitty attitudes pushing shitty policies on a playerbase that just wants to play the fucking game.

I see assholes that have learned to mostly keep their mouths shut so as not to reveal that they're assholes, but they're still assholes.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #33314

An0n3 wrote:AYYRANCLMAOS
every time
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #33316

Psyentific wrote:It just seems really iffy to have someone drop out for a few months then pop right back in and start handing out bans like nothing happened.
Oh and one more thing, I'm not handing out bans. I'm purposely trying to get up to date on the ever-changing shitstorm that is our giant codex of rules before directly interacting with people like that.

The most I've done is yell at Saegrimir for bwoinking people for their names before that policy was public knowledge (and I don't even know if it still technically is. is it on the wiki yet? I'd bet not)

I told a guy how to crawl onto tables.

Someone asked me if a gadget I'd never heard of before had been removed from the game. I apologized and said I had no idea.

I played a John Cena sound
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33338

An0n3 wrote:
Psyentific wrote:It just seems really iffy to have someone drop out for a few months then pop right back in and start handing out bans like nothing happened.
Oh and one more thing, I'm not handing out bans. I'm purposely trying to get up to date on the ever-changing shitstorm that is our giant codex of rules before directly interacting with people like that.

The most I've done is yell at Saegrimir for bwoinking people for their names before that policy was public knowledge (and I don't even know if it still technically is. is it on the wiki yet? I'd bet not)

I told a guy how to crawl onto tables.

Someone asked me if a gadget I'd never heard of before had been removed from the game. I apologized and said I had no idea.

I played a John Cena sound

AHAH! So you admit you're the reincarnation of hitler!

I'm glad you're back, you are the voice of insanity in a sea of even worse insanity that we needed.
Also, nice picture/sig. Hilarious.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #33428

An0n3 is a cool guy who I got along with great back in the day. Glad to see him being more active, though he could tone down the dramabus maybe.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #33504

Anon being back makes me want to play more again.

And in a twisted sense it also makes me want to brush up and play enough to want to apply for the hell that is adminship... But then I'm a fucked up, "I wanna help everyone because it makes me suffer" masochist.

Honestly, I think what makes Anon a good admin is that he questions authority the way he is doing now. Making us think, and discuss the policy(thought it should be in it's own thread, but that's neither here nor there.)
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #33505

I moved a bunch of posts out of here and into the name policy discussion thread, keep it to feedback only in this thread please
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #33508

elyina wrote:I moved a bunch of posts out of here and into the name policy discussion thread, keep it to feedback only in this thread please
I saw this thread get bumped by you and hoped you had something to say about my "career" as it were.

If you have a moment, I would appreciate hearing what you thought about this yelldownwarhellride.

You're one of of a very few number of people, a number that I would only need a few fingers on one hand to count, that know what administrating over FNR feels like.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #33510

AM I STILL YOUR FRIEND AND LOVER

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #33513

I'm sorry Thanatos but I have a new girlfriend now.

I didn't want to make a big hullabaloo out of it because people get mad at me whenever I talk about sex and relationships, whether they're my own or I'm trying to give advice to others.

I'm sure someday you'll meet a nice jerkwad who has a decent beard and is just as garbage as me.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #33516

SO SAD.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #34005

ThanatosRa wrote:SO SAD.
Again I'm sorry. At least you have good taste in admins:
THELEGENDWILLNEVERDIE.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #34140

Some out of touch attention whoring faggot who used to be a headmin who's only redeemable quality is his beard. Also I shot down his F-15 with my A-10 once.

But nah you are pretty good.
Last edited by Antonkr on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #34188

Had a good talk with Anon and he seemed like quite a reasonable fellow, 10/10 would threaten into silence for opposing the Elyminati again.
RIP
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #35500

I have such mixed feelings about him. When we talked, he was very reasonable, and very respectful. I rarely interacted with an0n3 but my short interactions with him were always pleasant and for that reason, I always gave him respect when we spoke, we were civilized. However, everything he posts on the forums, I just can't stand. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no gripes when he posts in policy. I just disagree with it heavily. I felt alittle betrayed when, after we had a private IRC conversation about the naming policy, he posted about it. However, when he posted about it, he only brought up arguments that supported his side, arguments that were one sided and completely cut out the counterpoints I had made during that conversation. It just felt like propaganda to me. Taking a conversation and taking the references out of context like that made me alittle mad.

However, my biggest gripe with an0n3 is the things he posted in the tonto ban appeal thread. From someone who has been cleaning up his forum gunk since the times of Erro, I can say, I find it disgusting that an0n3 would even defend him. The point he made about how tonto never did anything wrong on the server and IC, he can be reasonable, is I point I can somewhat agree with. Tonto was permabanned before I joined /tg/ (I think) so the only references I ever saw to him was his forum grief that is still view able with the "old forum" link on the board index, the forum grief I had to clean up on Erro's forum and the IRC spam in almost all channels. Tonto was blacklisted from the old forums. Note: This is Erro's blacklist and it was not brought over to this forum, but at this point, where all he does is spread toxicity to the community, he is treated no differently than a blacklist member. An0n3 jumping on how "all the admin's jumped on the hate tonto train and "nudged him into the even though he was already digging it" is just dumb in my eyes. Someone who has proven they find enjoyment in harassment and toxicity doesn't have a place here and that is why tonto is always removed. Countless ban evading and evading IPs just made him "One of those guys." (being the repeated ban evaders who we see pop up every once in a while.) I never can seem to agree with anything an0n3 says or does when it comes to administration. I try to split the man I like from his views on the server, but I find it harder to do this the more I disagree with him. Basic summery is, I find an0n3 a cool dude, outside of /tg/ related politics.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #35503

During my time as head of bans, and even a little while afterward, I was given the responsibility of watching over the probations for three really "high profile" players. Usednapkin, Beardbeard, and Tonto.

My whole point for talking with SoS prior to this and setting up the Head of Bans position, and setting new restrictions for FNR, was to try to improve the health and quality of the discourse that happens between admins and players when it comes to bans, unbans, and ban requests. It was a horrible toxic dump both verbally and emotionally. I felt, and still feel, like it should be approached more from the perspective of a social worker rather than a jailer watching over people's sentences or a police officer issuing tickets. Correcting bad behavior, changing people's perceptions of the game and trying to find out if there is a way to better integrate them into the community. That sort of thing.

I think I did a pretty good job having rational discussions with players and keeping things serious while having an atmosphere that was forgiving enough to give people a chance to reconcile things or explain themselves more. It didn't always work, and sometimes things just needed to be cut off and called at a loss.

Each time, increasingly so, with each of the three people I mentioned above I attempted to give a second chance to, there was a cry from a lot of other admins and players that they weren't worth bothering with, that they were 100% shit and could never not be shit, etc. etc.

And that bothers me. It bothers me that it happened and that it likely still happens because it's a lot of familiar faces with more responsibility now. People hold grudges, people that have promised to be better than that and be objective about things when it comes to issues like this just plain aren't. I saw it happen three times to three different players. Usednapkin was able to go on and play for a while but I later learned he was banned again with more accusations of metagaming after I had left. The other two players got stuffed within 48 hours of being put on probation without consulting me, and each time the entire time it was me vs. the entire administration. The constant question "Why would you even bother?".

And I think about that question and it sounds less like "Why would you bother giving someone a second chance?" and more like "Why would you bother fighting all of us when we've already decided?"

I told you in that conversation that I have a lot of respect for the achievements of adminbus over the last year, but that there is still a lot of stuff I take issue with and bad policy that needs to be fought against. If you think it was dishonest if me to return to the naming policy thread and continue to argue my point after that conversation, that's your misconception.

DO I THINK MOST OF WHAT IM DOING WILL BEAR FRUIT?

I helped diffuse an argument between SG and HBL the other night in adminbus which prompted us to start actively pursuing headmin elections again. HELPED, not was solely responsible for.

As far as I know we still don't have public logs, so riding in to that shitstorm and causing a huge mess of anger and making points has seemed to staunch that terrible idea.

The naming policy has been handed down from SoS. It's more strict than I think the server deserves, but at least it took the big guy signing off on it before it was able to get locked in the way it is.

And people are angry at me and frustrated that I'm kicking up shit and pointing fingers around? Good, it means I'm someone you can't rightly ignore. Because I did those jobs. It means maybe you guys spend too much time agreeing with eachother when you should be wondering if you should not disagree more often. Everyone should not be on the same page about everything all the time.

Fuck at this rate I'll either be deadminned or headminned by the end of the year. Hate me for what it's worth but the system needs someone to do this. It needs a counter-weight.

Ask yourselves, why the fuck was I, of all people, ever made a Game Master in the first place?
Because as much as you're going to hate to admit it or scramble for examples to prove otherwise, I have really good judgement when it comes to this shit. If I'm stirring up all this shit, it's because that judgement is going off and I've got a head full of alarms telling me HOLY SHIT YOU NEED TO GET TO WORK HERE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #35522

NikNakFlak wrote:However, when he posted about it, he only brought up arguments that supported his side, arguments that were one sided and completely cut out the counterpoints I had made during that conversation.
expecting people who dont agree with you to post arguments in your favor is ridiculous, that isnt how an argument works
there are no counterpoints
the new name policy is shit
the old one worked just fine
the new emphasis on changing things unnecessarily is shit
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #35533

miggles wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:However, when he posted about it, he only brought up arguments that supported his side, arguments that were one sided and completely cut out the counterpoints I had made during that conversation.
expecting people who dont agree with you to post arguments in your favor is ridiculous, that isnt how an argument works
Maybe not on 4chan but in rational discussion you acknowledge that shit.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #35601

NikNak is referring to this post I made:
Had a good conversation 1:1 with someone on the other side of this policy and it brought to light a sentiment I may not have expressed as succinctly in this thread yet:

This new rule turns names that were acceptable last month, three months ago, a year ago, or three years ago, into offenses against a new rule.

It "criminalizes" players who weren't doing anything wrong or noticeably bothering anyone. And it must be that they were bothering SOMEONE with those names, or there wouldn't be such fervor for more restriction about it.

So I think myself and a lot of others are left wondering...who is really bothering such that NOW is the time that it HAS become noticeable and something needs to change?

Did enough old people who didn't care leave that now the majority do care about it, or do we have enough new input such that it overwhelms what once was?
Which, during our conversation, I don't believe we even discussed and if we did he didn't make any counterpoints to it. That the name policy is turning people who were doing absolutely nothing wrong and enjoying the game just fine into rule breakers who need a talkin' to.

I mean, you're 110% welcome to, if you have something that maybe refutes that or takes the edge off of it, post it in the policy discussion thread?

But while we did talk about a lot of other points, and there was some back and forth discussion on them, I didn't post "just my half" of the story. I only posted that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles

Post by miggles » #35602

Stickymayhem wrote:
miggles wrote:
Maybe not on 4chan but in rational discussion you acknowledge that shit.
you acknowledge it by refuting it. not arguing for them.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #35607

My opinion still stands. A good argument brings up the counterpoints and offers counter arguments. Taking a conversation out of context, is kind of dickish because we did discuss it. I really didn't feel like continuing that policy thread discussion because the ruling was already set in stone, no amount of bitching is going to change anything.
miggles

Post by miggles » #35627

he just explained that you didnt actually provide arguments that he can remember and if you did you need to prove it
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #35630

I wasn't quoting you out of context? I didn't even use your name. I just said "I talked with someone and it made me think of this:"

I don't want to argue about it because I thought we had a pretty even tempered conversation and now to be arguing about a not-argument just seems silly and like it'll undo whatever goodwill might've been restored.

If that's how you feel.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #35636

That's fair. You're still cool too.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #45363

>tfw no new feedback or complaints about you
>have to go on steno forum and argue with people to get any kind of opinion on how you're driving
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #46988

Frequently results to ad hominems instead of addressing points presented, extremely concerned about his conduct while simultaneously ignoring any critical feedback and labeling it as whining of a vocal minority.

More of a politician than an admin.

inb4 this gets deleted because it's negative feedback :^)
miggles

Post by miggles » #47006

>singulo
>not a vocal minority
if anyone had real feedback they would post it here, like you have done
they have not
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #48023

UtterNewbie wrote:Frequently results to ad hominems instead of addressing points presented, extremely concerned about his conduct while simultaneously ignoring any critical feedback and labeling it as whining of a vocal minority.

More of a politician than an admin.

inb4 this gets deleted because it's negative feedback :^)
You've shown you don't even know what the fallacies you're talking about mean. You considered it an ad hominem when I pointed out to everyone that you were talking about the "good old days" of /tg/station and how things have changed when you hadn't even played here for six months.

I can't tell anymore if you're someone who genuinely dislikes me, or someone who likes me and is just acting so foolishly as to become a strawman example of "people who hate An0n3". From now on whenever someone says they hate me, they're going to immediately become associated and compared to you and look stupid for it.

You've been great and I've enjoyed talking with you. Stay Golden.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #48035

An0n3 wrote:You've shown you don't even know what the fallacies you're talking about mean.
Ad hominem as a response to being accused of ad hominems. I wonder how deep you can go.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #48037

UtterNewbie wrote:
An0n3 wrote:You've shown you don't even know what the fallacies you're talking about mean.
Ad hominem as a response to being accused of ad hominems. I wonder how deep you can go.
Sorry, gonna have to step in here *flashes his Bachelors of Arts degree in philosophy*, I can say with authority, that that is not an ad hominem.
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #48043

QuartzCrystal wrote:Sorry, gonna have to step in here *flashes his Bachelors of Arts degree in philosophy*, I can say with authority, that that is not an ad hominem.
Then you should ask for a refund because he's attacking the person making the argument instead of the argument itself. :^)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #48075

When your argument is "I'm a credible authority on this thing", to disprove that is not an attack on your person but refuting an observation you are trying to make about yourself.

You are trying to say you know what you're talking about and I'm presenting a body of evidence that shows you don't. Every time you say that's an ad hominem, you are just heaping another proof on to my point.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #48078

UtterNewbie wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:Sorry, gonna have to step in here *flashes his Bachelors of Arts degree in philosophy*, I can say with authority, that that is not an ad hominem.
Then you should ask for a refund because he's attacking the person making the argument instead of the argument itself. :^)
Why are you still here?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #48753

Jacough wrote:
UtterNewbie wrote:
Why are you still here?
This.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #48973

Could an omnipotent being create a stone so heavy that even he could not lift it?" If he could lift the rock, then it seems that the being would not have been omnipotent to begin with in that he would have been incapable of creating a heavy enough stone; if he could not lift the stone, then it seems that the being either would never have been omnipotent to begin with or would have ceased to be omnipotent upon his creation of the stone.

Anon would know the solution.

10/10 Goatmin
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #49303

Have had conflicts with him in terms of admining a few times, however he a solid foundation from which the community is made. A good person to ask a question or seek guidance from, and generally will keep things sane.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #49639

youngbuckliontiger wrote:Could an omnipotent being create a stone so heavy that even he could not lift it?" If he could lift the rock, then it seems that the being would not have been omnipotent to begin with in that he would have been incapable of creating a heavy enough stone; if he could not lift the stone, then it seems that the being either would never have been omnipotent to begin with or would have ceased to be omnipotent upon his creation of the stone.

Anon would know the solution.

10/10 Goatmin
My animes tell me the solution is a being that is truly omniscient can temporarily impose restrictions on itself. Another way to look at the problem isn't creating a rock so heavy it can't lift it, but lowering its own strength temporarily to satisfy the request. I doubt the validity of this solution because the being is, in a sense, just pretending to not be able to lift it. It is constantly able to lift the rock if it was not imposing restrictions on itself. A think a better setup that would satisfy this is if an omniscient being could create another omniscient being to remove the ability for them to lift the rock, or perhaps creating some space in which the omniscient being loses the ability to lift the rock, then entering that space and making the attempt.

Alternatively my own theory is that an all-powerful being could leap-frog its omniscience in a way. If I was omniscient that would be saying I have complete influence over the set of all things that exist, including myself. A rock that I cannot lift doesn't exist, and while I could create one upon instantiating in reality I would become able to lift it by virtue of my omniscience. In other words I could imagine a rock being so heavy I could not lift it, because being all knowing I would understand how that would work even if I've never been able to experience it. But as soon as I created it (and I could create it), it would become something I could lift. I could create a rock I could not lift, as I instantiate it, but upon collapsing into reality and joining our logical system it would become something I could lift.

It's paradoxical still because I'd never be able to demonstrate it to you. I would hold a rock out to you in my hand and say "Here is a rock I created that I could not lift". If the heaviest thing I've ever lifted was 999lbs I would create a rock that weighed 1000lbs and it would be, in all honesty, beyond the realm of things I could lift. But as soon as I created it and tried to lift it it would become something I could lift. If you asked me again to create rock so heavy I couldn't lift it I would create a 1001lbs rock, but upon becoming real it would again become something I could lift.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #49786

Ok dude. Pretty sure he has some sort of goat fetish which gets weird at times. Makes crappy youtube videos which are more crap because they contain less community lets plays, and has bad tastes in 90's children cartoons. Also he manages to periodically re-summon me here, so he should instantly be stripped of rank.

For real though does a pretty good job at actively being a head not just in administration but in making ss13 more than just the game. I know that you got college and stuff but getting people to play strategy games or sheer ridiculous stuff like Hokey? really makes this a community and is appreciated whenever you can do it.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #49873

dezzmont wrote:Ok dude. Pretty sure he has some sort of goat fetish which gets weird at times. Makes crappy youtube videos which are more crap because they contain less community lets plays, and has bad tastes in 90's children cartoons.
What's his youtube channel?
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #49937

>

Bro the strongest deadlift is >1000 lbs. A strongman can outlift god its fucking confirmed.
crack is whack but smacks got your back