Nerf Lexorin

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Waseemq1235
Byond Username: Waseemq1235

Nerf Lexorin

Post by Waseemq1235 » #500233

Simply, Lexorin is the bane of any goddamn antag, hell, even nonantags.
If I get a dollar for every wizard that dies to a single syringe of lexorin, I'd be a millionaire.
Seriously though, 15 units of that is enough to knock you out for a really long time, and nothing is worse than being knocked out by oxyloss.
Today, I was a nuclear operative, armed to the teeth, and all I needed to die was a single syringe of lexorin, it was enough to knock me out for good, I had to inject myself with a heckload of combat nanites, PLUS activate my adrenal implant. That didn't save me, I got knocked out for a good deal of time, woke up again, and got shot once again with lexorin, gg.
Lexorin is just WAY too easy to make, while it can be the bane of any antag, knocking out within 1 minute, hell, maybe even 30 seconds, chemistry can make that stuff roundstart. It's literally the most overused/overpowered chem out there.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Nerf Lexorin

Post by bobbahbrown » #500234

Waseemq1235 wrote:Simply, Lexorin is the bane of any goddamn antag, hell, even nonantags.
If I get a dollar for every wizard that dies to a single syringe of lexorin, I'd be a millionaire.
Seriously though, 15 units of that is enough to knock you out for a really long time, and nothing is worse than being knocked out by oxyloss.
Today, I was a nuclear operative, armed to the teeth, and all I needed to die was a single syringe of lexorin, it was enough to knock me out for good, I had to inject myself with a heckload of combat nanites, PLUS activate my adrenal implant. That didn't save me, I got knocked out for a good deal of time, woke up again, and got shot once again with lexorin, gg.
Lexorin is just WAY too easy to make, while it can be the bane of any antag, knocking out within 1 minute, hell, maybe even 30 seconds, chemistry can make that stuff roundstart. It's literally the most overused/overpowered chem out there.
wear something that blocks syringes

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #500236

bobbahbrown wrote:
Waseemq1235 wrote:Simply, Lexorin is the bane of any goddamn antag, hell, even nonantags.
Don't piercing syringes get around that?
Waseemq1235

Post by Waseemq1235 » #500237

bobbahbrown wrote:
Exactly, I got fucked by piercing syringes while in an elite hardsuit
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #500264

epipen and perf counters it
if there was no lexorin then you would have died to other chem mixes so just get good and dodge
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #500273

Just use a shield, they block syringes. You had the TC for one, I checked when I stole the uplink.
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #500282

>get shot
>die
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH NERF

Git gud and shoot first, babyboy.
Waseemq1235

Post by Waseemq1235 » #500303

Xeroxemnas wrote:>get shot
>die
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAH NERF

Git gud and shoot first, babyboy.
"shoot first"
yeah pretty sure a nukie gun doesn't 1 shot like a syringegun
edit: also good luck when whoever is with that syringe gun is using a jetpack, really, good luck shooting him
Waseemq1235

Post by Waseemq1235 » #500304

skoglol wrote:Just use a shield, they block syringes. You had the TC for one, I checked when I stole the uplink.
It isn't only nukies who are fucked by this, literally everyone, antags and nonantags, a traitor chemist straight up murdering someone in 30 seconds by shooting him once is kinda outrageous. Atleast make it harder to make.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #500312

I agree that lexorin is kind of OP since it deals massive damage and is really easy to make. It used to not be that super strong but oxyloss has been made much harder to treat(epi nerf, easy salbutamol removed, perf nerfed).

Other really strong toxins such as bath salts, coniine, skewium and entropic polypnium are much harder to get an sometimes inferior to lexorin.

Id be fine with lexorin being toned down a litte bit but some underused toxins should get some love to compensate.

Poisoning people is a much better antag gimmick than the lame stun into any weapon strategy most powergamers use.

It can feel cheap though, one round i killed 3 loud traitors with 10u bathsalts piercing syringes + hiding the charcoal and mannitol. Felt bad after.
Qydra
Byond Username: Qydra

Post by Qydra » #500320

There's nothing stopping you from carrying Calomel, Epinephrine, Atropine, or other anti-poison medicines on your person if you're worried about poison.

Lexorin is the only basic lethal ammunition a chemist has. I would be very hesitant to nerf it.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #500322

literally everyone starts with lexorins hard counter roundstart
[this space reserved]
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #500352

Waseemq1235 wrote:edit: also good luck when whoever is with that syringe gun is using a jetpack, really, good luck shooting him
Well don't blow the grav gen then :^)
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #500374

wesoda25 wrote:literally everyone starts with lexorins hard counter roundstart
That has not been true for over 3 months since epi was nerfed.
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:epipen and perf counters it
Epi doesn't do much, perf leaves you with 72+ toxin damage.

The only think i can thing of that negates lexorin is perf + anti-toxin.

As for the other suggestions calomel is better than atropine for this application, atropine will just prevent you from dying, you will still get knocked out until the lexorin has metabolized.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #500418

While everyone has a counter to it at round start not everyone magically knows what they were just injected with. It’s impossible to tell toxic damage from oxy loss without an analyzer
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #500426

sulfonal 2.0
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #500455

NoxVS wrote:While everyone has a counter to it at round start not everyone magically knows what they were just injected with. It’s impossible to tell toxic damage from oxy loss without an analyzer
This has not been true for 3.5 months.

See this PR

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/43022
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #500533

Waseemq1235 wrote:1 minute
lmao as if any combat can't resolve itself before that. Stop getting hit and then whining you got KO'd by something that took 30sec-1m to even affect you.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500581

remember when chloral hydrate used to be instant knockout
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #500587

cedarbridge wrote:
lmao as if any combat can't resolve itself before that. Stop getting hit and then whining you got KO'd by something that took 30sec-1m to even affect you.

If you are smart you can often stall for the less than 30 seconds it takes to knock someone out, it also slows the victim down after some time.

What bugs me about lexorin isn't that its good, its that is one of the very best poisons and it takes no effort to make. All it takes is a glowstick and a bar of plasma.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #500591

I think lexorin is fine from just looking at the numbers but it’s much stronger than most antag only/botany chems or otherwise chems that are difficult to acquire.

Other than that it’s easy enough to counteract lexorin. Oxygen lockers are abundant and tend to have oxy heal medkits, and charcoal is probably one of the top easiest chems to get. It is definitely very lethal compared to other chem but is by no means certain death.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #500612

Kryson wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

If you are smart you can often stall for the less than 30 seconds it takes to knock someone out, it also slows the victim down after some time.

What bugs me about lexorin isn't that its good, its that is one of the very best poisons and it takes no effort to make. All it takes is a glowstick and a bar of plasma.
This is the major problem, there is no effort/reward curve in the chemistry system. More powerful chemicals are easier to craft so many times than weaker ones.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #500629

un-nerf neurotoxin
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #500655

NoxVS wrote:While everyone has a counter to it at round start not everyone magically knows what they were just injected with. It’s impossible to tell toxic damage from oxy loss without an analyzer
You can’t breathe
[this space reserved]
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500721

CPTANT wrote: This is the major problem, there is no effort/reward curve in the chemistry system. More powerful chemicals are easier to craft so many times than weaker ones.
You just ever dump a full bluespace syringe of teslium with a bit of skewium in a guy
it's really funny and much cooler than just doing a chloral lexorin fentanyl kill mix
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #500723

I got mute toxin'd + Lexorin. Was trying to run away but this nerd kept disarming me into walls as I slowly started to slow-down.

F. The realest way to deal with this is to have some charcoal on your self at all times.
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #500775

terranaut wrote:
CPTANT wrote: This is the major problem, there is no effort/reward curve in the chemistry system. More powerful chemicals are easier to craft so many times than weaker ones.
You just ever dump a full bluespace syringe of teslium with a bit of skewium in a guy
it's really funny and much cooler than just doing a chloral lexorin fentanyl kill mix
No I prefer a cloud of black powder and phlogiston to turn a horde of kittens into walking bombs.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #500789

Lexorin was balanced around old oxygen damage, so it might be time to tone it down a bit. I mean oxy damage used to be easy as fuck to heal before.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500809

Dr_bee wrote:Lexorin was balanced around old oxygen damage, so it might be time to tone it down a bit. I mean oxy damage used to be easy as fuck to heal before.
the epipen in your internals box removes all oxygen damage in excess of 35 from you for as long as the epinephrine remains in your blood
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #500811

terranaut wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:Lexorin was balanced around old oxygen damage, so it might be time to tone it down a bit. I mean oxy damage used to be easy as fuck to heal before.
the epipen in your internals box removes all oxygen damage in excess of 35 from you for as long as the epinephrine remains in your blood
Nope, epinephrine got nerfed.
Epinephrine: Prevents oxygen damage from crit state. If the patient is in crit it heals 0.5 oxyloss, toxins, brute, and burn. 20% chance each tick to reduce stun times a bit. Gives a minor stamina regeneration buff.
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #500824

So, I guess the counters are this is either to prevent it from happening, or to negate it.

So I guess you can become a slime person and remove your liver, keep charcoal on you, keep Perf on you, or keep anti-toxin on you.

Nuke Ops can really only do the charcoal unless chemistry manages to make some and you steal it.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #500827

CPTANT wrote:
Epinephrine: Prevents oxygen damage from crit state. If the patient is in crit it heals 0.5 oxyloss, toxins, brute, and burn. 20% chance each tick to reduce stun times a bit. Gives a minor stamina regeneration buff.
What a dumb change
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #501125

terranaut wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
What a dumb change
Yes
Waseemq1235

Post by Waseemq1235 » #501159

terranaut wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
What a dumb change
Agreed.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #501797

Kryson wrote:I agree that lexorin is kind of OP since it deals massive damage and is really easy to make. It used to not be that super strong but oxyloss has been made much harder to treat(epi nerf, easy salbutamol removed, perf nerfed).
Gee, it's almost as if nerfing oxy damage healing chems has caused oxy damage dealing chems to become overpowered. Who could have seen that coming?
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Post by ATHATH » #501801

Waseemq1235 wrote:
terranaut wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
What a dumb change
Agreed.
Amen to that.

To be fair, I'll admit that oxy damage was a bit TOO easy to heal before, but I think it's gone a bit too far the other way (if you don't have someone to give you CPR) now. Defibbing people is now quite annoying, as you now have to inject their corpse with epi, apply the defib, and then sit around and spam CPR on them if you want them to not re-die. Perhaps that's intentional.

Or maybe I'm just salty about change/healing being made more complicated to do, I dunno. The point is, I think that either lexorin should be nerfed or oxy healing meds should be buffed/made to not be absolutely cancerous to deal with and use.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Post by ATHATH » #501802

imsxz wrote:oxy heal medkits
Which, after they got nerfed, are worth about as much as empty boxes are if you don't have charcoal on you (which I usually do, but not everyone should be forced to tide for the limited supply of charcoal bottles if they want to effectively heal their own oxy damage).
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #501803

The oxygen cap could probably be moved to atropine, as it is difficult to make. This leaves a hard counter to oxy damage with a good downside, following cobby's ideas for medbay.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #501813

Dr_bee wrote:The oxygen cap could probably be moved to atropine, as it is difficult to make. This leaves a hard counter to oxy damage with a good downside, following cobby's ideas for medbay.
Atropine is already stupidly good, it has no real downside to begin with. Even carrying a common perf syringe extends your lifespawn quite a bit against lexorin.

I am glad old epi is gone, but lexorin could really use a harder recipe.

Grinding glowsticks and plasma bars for lexorin is my go to way of killing people, targets and murderboners alike when i have no powerful traitor gear. One of the best poisons in the game should not also be one of the easiest to make.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #501905

make lexorin harder to make
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #501906

Toxins need a major review, as in:
- Recipe complexity and plant mutation tier doesn't correspond with how strong the chemical is
- Traitor only chemicals like spewium are often weaker than regular toxins
- Too many copy paste chems with the same effects and slightly tweaked numbers
- Too little variety in damage types and other negative effects
- Too little variety in cures/antitoxins

IMO a good start would be making a spreadsheet that lists all toxins and their properties.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #501907

Denton wrote:Toxins need a major review, as in:
- Recipe complexity and plant mutation tier doesn't correspond with how strong the chemical is
- Traitor only chemicals like spewium are often weaker than regular toxins
- Too many copy paste chems with the same effects and slightly tweaked numbers
- Too little variety in damage types and other negative effects
- Too little variety in cures/antitoxins

IMO a good start would be making a spreadsheet that lists all toxins and their properties.
Spewmium is shit, but the chemical kit also contains God tier poisons. You mix the right cocktail from the chemical kit and someone is crit in 5 seconds.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #501935

Once outside cyanide the only poison able to kill in 15u was a plasma syringe if entirely untreated.
Now 0.4u of initripodril can give you a heart attack.
Tamaguen
Byond Username: Tamaguen

Post by Tamaguen » #502019

As somebody who usually only plays medical, Lexorin is one of the things I hate treating the most. If somebody is dragged in with 14 units of lexorin still in their system, it means I either have to give them half a dozen cups of coffee and keep injecting them with epinephrine, or beg and plead with chemistry to make me Calomel (They won't.) I definitely think it should be harder to make in large quantities, because it's quickly becoming a new meta-poison.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #502044

With the epi nerf and the salbu removal, this chem is much harder to survive even in a relatively small amount.

With only perf, even just 20 units or lexorin is enough to crit from all the toxin damage youre going to take. Combining epi and perf can keep you alive if epi will take you out of crit with its healing. I dont know if its possible for it to do that. I only know it heals .5 per tick while youre in crit and only while youre in crit.

I think simply making it have a harder recipe would be fair. After being injected with this you have a very limited amount of time to reach a supply of perf before you die, if combined with heparin (which it often is) you also need to reach a bandage or your'e dead. I'm not quite sure what that amount of time is because I don't know how many ticks are in a second, but if its too limited perhaps just an obvious alert when are first injected with lexorin would be fine, so you know youre on the clock before you die.

Something like "Your breathing becomes extremely labored!"
Last edited by SkeletalElite on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #502045

confused rock wrote:Now 0.4u of initripodril can give you a heart attack.
Initripodril has been strong for a long time.
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #502067

You're going about this the wrong way. If you want this nerfed, just PR it and it'll be merged by the weekend.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #502119

he's right tbh
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502517

ATHATH wrote:
Waseemq1235 wrote:
terranaut wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
What a dumb change
Agreed.
Amen to that.

To be fair, I'll admit that oxy damage was a bit TOO easy to heal before, but I think it's gone a bit too far the other way (if you don't have someone to give you CPR) now. Defibbing people is now quite annoying, as you now have to inject their corpse with epi, apply the defib, and then sit around and spam CPR on them if you want them to not re-die. Perhaps that's intentional.

Or maybe I'm just salty about change/healing being made more complicated to do, I dunno. The point is, I think that either lexorin should be nerfed or oxy healing meds should be buffed/made to not be absolutely cancerous to deal with and use.

imsxz got salty he couldnt murder people as chem so he nerfed epi?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #502561

anti-crit chems are dumb anyways, I'm for stabilizing (as in no more passive damage like inaprovaline) but it's incredibly difficult to balance meds when there's a med that heals literally everything with no downside whenever you're in the state at which you care about having meds on top of every other med.