Life is Feudal

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Life is Feudal

Post by srifenbyxp » #50297

Couldn't think of a clever name for the title but yeah, Life is Feudal looks like a good "Sandbox" MMORPG and the gameplay is similar hack and slash of that of Mount and Blade/Chivalry/ETC. you can find a spot of land of your own and build your house, maybe if a Grey Tide were to form you can beat each others dicks and make a wooden fort and one day make it into a castle. Or make a lil town, either way It looks like a good game and I'm going to pick it up this tuesday when I get paid. The down side is the game's $40 on steam, but then again steam sales is right around the corner.

I love how they made the combat so dramatic
[youtube]9SmW_-WfDxg[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Re: Life is Feudal

Post by LunchboxKilla » #51200

I'm with ya homebrew

I'm just getting used to how to make shit work properly
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #51455

I'm going to wait till friday when steam sales start before buying it. If we can get more people to come beat off with us we can reenact Beserks's Griffin the Rapist Merc Team and make ourselves a outpost. Not sure how but post yer coords and i'll try to find my way to you once I'm in.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #51465

First thing's first. Do not get the wrong idea about this game.

It is not the full MMO version.

This version of the game is "Life is Feudal: Your Own". You're restricted to play on a somewhat small island, a sixty-four player cap, and there's a lot of stuff missing from the game. I would have highly recommended you read through the reviews on steam, but it appears that the overwhelmingly negative response has been either removed by the developers, culled out of the system or dropped off from visibility. By buying the game, you're funding the MMO version to which you'll get a few in-game 'premium coins' thrown at you, from what I understand, enough to play for one month.

The combat is very clunky and buggy, nothing like Mount and Blade or Chivalry, and it's extremely difficult to figure out where to land hits, and swings that appear to hit apparently don't. The rest of the game is chock full of bugs and problems, it's poorly optimized on an engine not meant to handle games of this sort of scale, online play gets very laggy very quickly, and it takes an exorbitantly long amount of time to do anything, even by the standards of this game's genre.

Honestly, save yourself the trouble and $40. Stay away. I was just as excited, and I very much regret making the purchase so hastily.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #51473

KingLouisXIV wrote:First thing's first. Do not get the wrong idea about this game.

It is not the full MMO version.

This version of the game is "Life is Feudal: Your Own". You're restricted to play on a somewhat small island, a sixty-four player cap, and there's a lot of stuff missing from the game. I would have highly recommended you read through the reviews on steam, but it appears that the overwhelmingly negative response has been either removed by the developers, culled out of the system or dropped off from visibility. By buying the game, you're funding the MMO version to which you'll get a few in-game 'premium coins' thrown at you, from what I understand, enough to play for one month.

(...)

Honestly, save yourself the trouble and $40. Stay away. I was just as excited, and I very much regret making the purchase so hastily.
This
Also, from what they have said in the past. Though it may have changed, they will have a one-time per character fee to playing the MMO version. This was estimated(By the devs) to be at around 10 dollar each

The game currently on steam is NOT the MMO. That will come later

Negative feedback being removed is a kinda fucked up thing though
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #51492

Oh, well during the soon to be steam sale if it drops down to $20 i'll but it regardless. When the MMO comes out i'd like for a number of us to take over a spot of land, maybe build a castle on a cliff similar to constantinople.
XSI

Post by XSI » #51521

That's the plan
Well, the making a place for us part at least. I do like the idea of a castle at a cliff, but we're going to have to see what places are available before we can even decide on anything

It's been talk on the IRC a long time back(Before they even had the your own private stuff) and we can probably get a decent amount of people to get in this
XSI

Post by XSI » #53231

It's on sale today

The private server thing at least
Marza
Byond Username: Rrees5

Post by Marza » #53274

I haven't been following this closely, but you guys might be interested in Wurm online, an MMO medieval thingymahjig with terraforming, open world, free building, build-your-own-towns-and-castles-with-other-players deal. I don't touch MMOs with a barge pole, so I can't comment on Wurm being actually good, but it might be something to look at.
What signature?
XSI

Post by XSI » #53287

I've played Wurm, part of why I want to see LiF succeed is because Wurm failed

A lot of the original community around LiF came from Wurm looking for something similar but not as bad
XSI

Post by XSI » #53786

Picked it up when it was daily sale

Anyone else?
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #53861

I was going to get it this tuesday when I get paid, I figure even though it isn't the MMO it'd be good to get a grasp on the basics of the game and get a head start on what to do to ensure the kingdom of sybil will stand against it's enemies. Might even host a small 32 player server after I get my money pit of a car working.
XSI

Post by XSI » #53865

Alright then

I plan on going into construction, seems interesting enough
Pls modular building sections
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54147

I gets paid tomorrow, you want to tell me what server your on and upload a pic of your coords so I can meet up with ya and mooch off your lands.
XSI

Post by XSI » #54177

I actually haven't started shit yet, going out alone to poke stuff on a server that some random owns didn't seem like the best idea

So what this means - We get to go out and fuck about together!

...Anyone else coming? Or will it be just us two?
Practice for the MMO version, don't know if there's even farming yet
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54580

I think you can host a world from the actual game? Anyways I made a world /tg/ Spess Man, next time your on try to look for it, I just made the world didn't have time to make a character yet.
XSI

Post by XSI » #54585

Is that thing passworded? I'll take a look tomorrow
Or maybe the day after, tomorrow is the year change and that would be busy
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54587

I might be coming along to check... I've always loved games like this because it brings out the autism in me.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54613

ALL GOOD YA'll SORRY TO SAY IT'S A SMALL READ BUT DO ET.

Alright, after spending 3 hours of running around with my dick in hand I got the basics down and a job site cleared for a small shack. To begin with:

Game's Wiki
Some sections comes with very helpful video tutorials.
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Life_is_Feudal_Wiki

What the Server name looks like
SERVER PASSWORD IS: tgstation
On the off chance I have to throw down dosh to host an "real server", I shall very cheaply at $18 bucks for a 32 man.
Land claim isn't implemented so until we get some good shit going on it's staying passworded. Object claim is abled but I havn't figured out how the fuck to do that yet. Once we do have a nice base set up and claimed objects I'll switch to public, if you see anyone enter your house that isn't a robust spess man like us, kick his shit in!

This is the exact name of my "server", at least I hope it's multiplayer-able. Im not seeing a search server function anywhere so I guess sort by alphabetical order and find it.
It takes a bit to load a server, about 1-3 minutes.
Spoiler:
Fake admin password by the way
Map Location
This is my general Location (Its on top of the mountain)
Spoiler:
Visual Location
If you see a furnace, a campfire and a lone apple tree you've come to the right spot.
DO NOT CHOP DOWN THAT APPLE TREE, IT IS A UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF FOOD
Spoiler:
Playing
Understanding those HUD bars!
Spoiler:
1. For some ungodly reason you must press the tab key to use the mouse to look around and do shit.
2. Start gathering Grass Fibers (From the ground), Branches (From Derp Trees) and rocks (From Rocks!). Each of these actions can be found when right clicking on a surface. Rocks, clay and other solid materials can only be gathered properly when terraformed on the according surface. This can be accomplished by right clicking on random things For instance:

Gathering a rock from a rock is herp derp understandable:
Spoiler:
You really clicked here? Just look for a rock stupid!
Gathering Clay from I don't know the groundish rock? Is this:
Spoiler:
Crafting
You'll have to make primitive tools, get a fuck ton of plant fibers, rocks and branches and make yourself some tools. You'll want to use your tools right away but you have to level up your skill of that tool's profession first. You made an axe? GREAT FANTASTIC, chop down that oak tree? NOPE, find a smaller tree and work that level up! But fear not i've jacked the skill gain to 100% so you'll max out in no time!
I don't know the key binding to bring up the crafting menu so I double click on a twig or something. Crafting doesn't make you guess what the fuck you have to get, instead the handy drop down box tells you!
Spoiler:
Construction of Buildings and shit
After making a general area all the same terrane number which in my example because im on a fucking mountain is all 100.0. After making a even section of land you have to level the ground, unlike rising or lowering the ground you have to be standing in front of and not on top of the tile you want to flatten. You need to do this in order to build houses and shit, you'll know if you flatten the ground properly if the green square in terraform > observe is green.
Very Important!
At the moment you can't deconstruct buildings from what i've read. Some say you can when your construction skill is high, but other people say no you can't at all so im being very careful on where I build my autism house.
Spoiler:
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54650

Not seeing it on the lists.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54666

HRNNGGGHHHHHHH so it is dosh needed, a moment.

Right o' I cheaped out on a New York 32 man server for a measly $18 a month. The server is being "set up" from what my email says so give it an hour and look for it then. In the mean while im going to play dwarf fortress and watch skimpy japanese girls on my computer. I'll figure out how to set up a password during my break.

Server
! [NY] /tg/ Spess Men (PVP/PVE)

Password
tgstation

EDITZ

Our glorious encampment has changed seeing how my 3 hours of autism went to waste, but because I AM A GOD I can spawn shit, that and I made the settings the same super easy get exp quick.

OUR NEW HOME
Mt. Honk
Word of warning its a bit tricky to transverse!
Spoiler:
Inside the canvas of mount honk will be a nice little piece of flat land overlooking the spawning area. I plan on making the entire area [206.0 to 208.0] an even 207.0. If you observe the ground and see this yer in the right place!
Spoiler:
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54695

Still not seeing this shit. It should theoretically be between ! [NA] and ! [US] but those are right next to each other on the alphabetical sorting of the list. Got direct connect info?
XSI

Post by XSI » #54698

>Start game
>Stops responding
>Afk until it works
>Go into options menu and press players button expecting to pick a name and/or starting appearance
>Button does nothing at all
>Go to join game
>5 minutes loading server list
>No search function
>1222 servers to look through
>Sort by latency
>Check through most at around the normal latency for NY/east coast server
>Can't find it
>Sort by name
>Not there either
>Press cancel to return to menu, think maybe options are fucked up
>Mouse pointer disappears and doesn't return
>Close game

Welp. I'll try whenever direct connect info is posted
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #54709

We need a voice chat, I don't know how to work half this shit.... and why are you building way the fuck up there? We need food and shit... we should of fort-ed off the lake
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54715

>Join random server
>Wander around, searching for my own land
>This mountain looks nice on the map, I'll go there and think about building on top of it.
>Someone did that.
>Okay, the northern coast. It's a bit of a trek, but I'll get there eventually.
>Seaside property is only rental, all covered.
>Okay, I'll wander west until I find a nicely open stretch.
>Hear a rumbling noise of the music I was listening to.
>Suddenly bear
>Suddenly dead.
>Make this post while I hear it grunting and the wet noises of it feasting on my insides.
>10/10

The noise is getting vaguely sexual and I think I'm a furry now.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54721

Direct info I think is:

Server Port: 28040

Otherwise I believe you

2. Load up the game and go to join world
3. press your console key ( ctrl + ' by default for UK) ( just the ' key for glorious US I think)
4. type in joinToRemoteServer("serverip:port","joinpassword")
4a. So in this case I believe it's 198.46.155.10:28040 for server IP:port
5. replace serverip with your server ip, replace port with your server's port, replace joinpassword with your servers join password
5a. password is: tgstation
6. If your server does not have a password enter the following instead joinToRemoteServer("serverip:port","")

http://pingperfect.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=594

Im about to go to work but don't got time to try it out directly, I did find the server by clicking: Filter by protected and then Filter by number of players and look for any server that hosts only 32 players. As for teamspeak I guess I can make a random free teamspeak server although in-game teamspeak is extra dosh a month. One of yew bastards could set up a free teamspeak server it'd be swell so im not doing all the dam work.

And the reason why I started to build on the mountain is because of defense! I was going to make a dwarf fortress like tunnel to the top and use it as a stronghold. On the mountain near the bottom I did spot another flat piece of land with trees, fruit and the such. As for food? Farm it you lazy bastard, I made the settings so crops grow really quick.
If you want we can fort off the lake next to the mountain, I still prefer the mountain in general because once this shit goes public and everyone starts murderdicking each other that nice fence on top of a steep mountain will make people an easy kill like a slip > sword to face.

Also im aware of that in front of the actual server name theres that ping perfect shit, I removed it and it should be the intended ! [NY] /tg/ Spess Men (PVP/PVE)
Spoiler:
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54733

Still has pingperfect in front of it, but who really cares so long as we know what it's called? Gonna lag in now.

I think if you're worried about defense, an underground base of some sort would be best, if that was possible. It's too easy to just dig under a wall in a few seconds, and then suddenly any idea of defense is gone.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54741

Well shit lets huddle around that lake near the mountain and dig a DWARF FORT and somewhere along the line channel water to make a mote of some sort. I'll speed up the process and spawn us basic tools assuming you've read my "how to" post and have knowledge on making primitive tools. I won't spawn anything else but tools out of principle that we're still learning to do sheit. I won't be home until 9am EST so upload a picture of your location so when I get home I can drop a few goddies in the general area.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54747

Next adventure:
>Log on.
>Go to get 20 of each starting material
>Hour later, go to make my way towards spacedwarffortress
>Hear munching noises, vietnam flashback to my adventure with the bear earlier
>See rabbit
>Suck it nature
>Make a sling
>Collect some stones
>ARm sling
>Grunt and swing the sling aroudn my head a few times. Nothing.
>Arm myself with stones too
>Throw stones at the bunny. Vastly underraged.
>Sneak up slowly
>Throw more stones
>Get up really fucking close
>Crash.
>Me: 0 Nature: 2

Edit: I say we start at the base near the lake. Easy foodsource, easy woodsource, etc etc. Then when we get actual tools and shit, we work our way into making a nice Mordor/autism mine instead of literally slugging up crates and logs at a snail's pace for early game shitlery.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #54768

> base near lake
> someone digging tunnel from the lake to dwarf fort is inevitable.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54776

In the year 2014 Raven was struck down by Bobo the Bear, it is terrifying.

Anyways! *Editz

I couldn't find said tunnel so I made my own nearby some peoples house, you can't place stuff inside of a dug area like our 10x5 meeting hall so I figure we start figuring out how big we want our perimeter. I figure we cover the entire lake and wager that within the confines of the walls is a bit of a neutral zone, anything that happens outside the walls is Murderdick City. I too also made a shack except it's slightly less terrible, mine has actual walls because I used clay instead of planks. I also added 70,000 units of firewood to the camp fire because it's too god dam dark and a billet of wood only last for about 15 seconds. Granted the perimeter might be a tad bit too large but i've got construction up to a level where I can build wooden walls and instead of chopping down an entire forest (unless you want to) I can spawn a fuck ton of building logs to speed up the process. Or if you want we can wait until one of us gets Masonry up to a decent level and build a stone wall instead which I prefer because once we get our thing going on i'd like to carve out the side of a hill and make a Large Keep so we can lord over the peons.

Suggested Perimeter
Spoiler:
STRIKE THE EARTH!
Spoiler:
Visual Location
Look for the huge ass tree in front of the lake.
Spoiler:
Landmarks
Look for this homely poor persons house.
Spoiler:
A proper house next to an ugly one.
Spoiler:
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54911

That's my house, and I don't have admin commands so fuck your house of lies.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54920

Oh ho ho ho ho ho, the worst part about it is im not lying. Infact I built my house legitly and went around gathering stuff, there's even a clay area nearby the Dwarf Tunnel to the west and when you gather clay so gather it in groups of 60 so all you have to do is mine the floor 4 times and you have enough materials to build it.

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Plaster_tiny_shack
Spoiler:

Im waiting for when the server gets popular once it's public and every things built so I can fuck off in the wilds and make a shack, a trench and a makeshift dirt bridge for the soul fact that I could RP this scene with someone.

[youtube]mjEcj8KpuJw[/youtube]
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54936

I didn't mean the hut, I meant the dug out area... The amount of time it takes to dig out a single half man size area is ENORMOUS, and then you have to dump the dirt and rock somewhere... It's awful.

Didja spawn tools for yourself or something?

And the light post, but I don't know what it takes to make that.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54943

well the given size was near your ground level to begin with [18-22], it took me a good hour and a half to level the entire place and another half hour or so to make the house. I used the dirt I dug up to bring the ground up to 20.5. Tools I spawned for everybody as well to speed up the process of establishing a base seeing how there's only 1 or 2 people on at a given time. The lamp post I'll admit I cheated but only because in the game it gets really fucking dark and it's annoying shuffling dirt in pitch black darkness. When im on again im going to start gathering things to make a good camp to produce real tools like the handy shovel. The only thing I can do as a Dungeon Master is spawn items, err thing else I have to do like the rest of ya.

For a real shovel we need to:
1. Make a furnace (check)
2. Make an Anvil
3. Make a Forge and Anvil
4. Make a Knife
5. Make a handle
6. Make shovel
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54945

I can't believe you did all that in an hour and a half... Man, it took me near a fucking hour just for the start of my tunnel.

Also, we need to get a farm. I suppose I should start working on that...

Don't leave sacks of shit on the floor by the way. It despawns, which means we need to get nails so we can start putting down crates and shit.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54948

Once youve built your first house the next will be faster, that was my second house I built. The first was a shack like your own, until I read the wiki a little. In the mean while for food we can fish from the pond until the farm is up and running.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54965

Where was the iron node you found? It should have enough for like... A dozen more tools of superior quality.

Also: Both those houses are of the same tier of building. Clay is just slightly more area based.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54968

Is the location of the mine I dug out, you'll have to prospect the iron but all I've found was copper. Though I didn't do much prospecting I dug it up by accident.
Your house is still fucking UGLY.
Spoiler:
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #54971

I'm not seeing the copper down there at all. There should be a shit ton in even a single block... And they always (or maybe just usually) come in big ol' clustery clumps. Also, god damn that must have taken a fuckass long time to dig, at least through the stone parts.

Edit: I prospected for some copper and dumped it into the base, but until I find an actual vein to up my mining skill with, it's just gonna stay there I suppose.
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #54989

I'll join ya! We got a voice server for extra meta griff when we go live? I'll be Dick Fitzwell ingame
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #54997

Also I pressed buttons after changing the settings so if you get D/C that was me. I think the servers updating so a piece of timber doesn't instantly disintegrate. Sworryz for pressing buttons, but on the bright side the server didn't get wiped! I flattened out a large piece of land for an area to craft tools and shit plus I paved the floors in front of our houses to make the area neater. Built Dick a house and made a 4th house for the next Dwarf whomever may join us.

Our GLORIOUS Fortress
Dick is also the lazy bastard of the group chasing invisible bears.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also because im super cheap and teamspeak cost money I made a Raidcall server for voice chat for you nerds. So download raidcall and search for tgLifeisFeudal
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #55122

If your near the lake and find two huge ass stumps and two sickly looking trees that my apple orchard
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #55268

We now have a anvil and furnace, if you ever find iron ore keep that shit and do not let it go. It make up virtually every thing you need like nails, bands, ETC. Finding ore is god dam annoying because the iron veins looks just like regular blocks so you have to keep prospecting and making the prospect radius shorter in able to locate the vein. I built a fence line and have plans for a cheap wooden guard tower.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #55405

I'll be joining this on Monday/Tuesday when I get home. Name will be tedward1337, naturally.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #55467

Not making a IC name? Pfft, anyways theres a prebuilt shack for ya. Laugh at raven because hes the idiot of the group, Lunchbox is the crazy bastard and im reatrd mc jesus pants. Also im still waiting for a consensus to wall off the lake making it somewhat neutral ground for when retards come in and make a large castle in the middle of the lake.
On a side note i've always wonder when the mmo kicks off, once we have the numbers we could bully lesser powers into joining our group, pretty sure this would prove to be effective. I could see it now! Me with my loyal cohorts in front of a village of surfs, the surfs rejects my messenger's offer, my cohorts go and ruffle their jimmies killing two or three people; forcing them to grab their shit and get used to living on our land. OOOoohhhhhh glorious.

THIS JUST IN'D

Killed my first wild boar! Only took 8 minutes of running away and 40 rocks to its face later but I'm BRINGING HOME THE BACON
Spoiler:
BACONS HOME AND THE SOUPS ON
Spoiler:
UP GREY'D
After a few hours I upgraded our camp. I've planted some crops and even made myself a weapon to murder more pesky boars. Now we have to capture animals and raise them as our own so we can make bone glue and tan asses. I also read that in able to tam animals we need a minimum of 100 apples per try. In GM mode it's auto win but without can take untold numbers because it's at random no matter your level. Cattle you don't have to worry about attacking but when you need to capture boars you have to either wear armor and take the hits while you try to tame it or have a buddy try to tame it while you tank the boar.
Spoiler:
Smarter than your avg Hare
Spoiler:
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Post by Gel » #55629

I've been looking to get into this for a while now, so I might pick it up tonight or tomorrow.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #55741

Nearly every post of yours in this thread has you dropping the word "nigger" for no reason, srifen.

I just want to have some comfy survival time.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #55787

My pardons I suppose? Anyhow at the moment we're focusing on development and in the process of making a barn for future animal housing and materials like smooth leather and bone glue. The spot I had already planned for a medium size house was used for this purpose. So who ever joining in on comfy survivor simulation will have to cuddle with some one in their hut because it is DARK during night and turning your brightness all the way up is no fun.
XSI

Post by XSI » #56155

Joined server

Tried to turn, could not
Poked the chat
Couldn't get back to normal movement controls
Server not saved in history for easy returning to server

Shit
I'll figure this out sometime when someone is on to actually help me figure out what to do

Also, my plan is to be casual builder/hunter combination

Building seems like a nice thing to do to just help out people and hunting seems like a good way to get some extra shit in