Gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence.

FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence.

Post by FloranOtten » #502752

It's far more. You're going to be stuck there for far longer then a regular brig sentence. You're likely to die. Why are we allowing shitsec to just dump you off to a planet you're most likely not returning from?
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence.

Post by wesoda25 » #502753

500 points takes less than 5 minutes. If you actually put in the work it’s usually far lesser than any other sentence you’d be getting. I don’t really use it as sec, but I can acknowledge that its very effective for dealing with shitters.
[this space reserved]
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #502756

I have to agree with wesoda on this one. If you don't mess about deciding to put criminals into the gulag properly, they can work off their sentence pretty quickly assuming they are prepared to do the work and not just piss their pants and break the machines. It also provided security a nice way to dump shitters who aren't interested in engaging with the round. A lot of tiders just ghost instead of just getting their internals on and bashing some rocks. Chads just escape.

I don't like seeing big gulag sentences on small crimes, but I'm fine with 100 points = 1 minute rate.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #502767

You get money for finishing your gulag work now. Why are you complaining?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #502770

"You're likely to die" to what? There's no mobs, no chasms. I mean, I suppose you're "likely to die" if you stand in the ash storm but otherwise I don't see it.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #503005

I mean, even if the Security gives you a ridiculous goal of 10000+ points then yeah maybe, but at point some Miners can take pity on you or you might even be able to break out on your own given it's not a definite death sentence to cross a single tile of lava(plus ways to get around it.)
Most of the time I see prisoners crossing they don't try to ask for help before running over three tiles of lava to get to a spot on the other side no one can get to, while I get to watch them burn to death for a few seconds.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #503009

If people stopped being stupid and spending 15 minutes ahelping and staring at a wall over a 300 point sentence it wouldn't be a problem
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #503014

The whole reason we have a gulag, and the teleporter to encourage its use, is to make it so shitters can't afk in a prison cell until they're let out to immediately start tiding again. It's supposed to be annoying. Ahelp it if they give you a ridiculous amount of points compared to your crime. You aren't likely to die at the gulag unless you run into lava or stand in the storms.
--Crocodillo

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #503048

Is this a code suggestion veiled as a policy thread? I can't see a reason other than mineral balance to complain about the feature.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #503055

shitters belong in the gulag and not on the station or anywhere else
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #503057

just don't get caught retard

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #503074

Taylork2 wrote:I mean, even if the Security gives you a ridiculous goal of 10000+ .
There's a 1000 point cap on the teleporter.

Also me and beesting have put people in the gulag with like 5 points and they still suicided or ahelped.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #503088

Kick rocks buddy gulags fine
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #503099

Dax Dupont wrote: Also me and beesting have put people in the gulag with like 5 points and they still suicided or ahelped.
I got to try this as warden sometime. Sounds fucking hilarious.
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #503110

The gulag is really safe, and really easy to mine out of. If anything, it should be worth less than a normal brig sentence.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #503117

"yeah guys the one minute brig sentence of 100 points is fine for gulag. as long as they actually do i- hey, what's that noise?"
opens airlock to find an ash storm that lasts longer than a minute
"nah, just ignore that. btw 200 points for 1 minute ratio when?"

Gulag sentences can be fine however it'd be ridiculous to think that it's equally fair. Normal brig sentences, if done properly like how a gulag sentence can be done properly, don't have the random chance to suddenly increase your timer for no reason.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #503154

Gigapuddi420 wrote:I'm fine with 100 points = 1 minute rate.
The limit for gulag sentences is 1000 points. Because you cant ahelp for anything thats 10 minutes or lower you are unable to ever ahelp a gulag sentence.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #503156

Literally mine send. It takes like 5 minutes to get enough for a 1000 point sentence.

If you're getting gulallaged without a prisoner I'D to redeem points then ahelp. Otherwise just hike up your skirt grit your teeth and think of England. People are big babies about gulag.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503175

The part I hate about the gulag is that you never ever get your belongings back since it lacks a personal belongings locker like regular cells
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503177

Anonmare wrote:Literally mine send. It takes like 5 minutes to get enough for a 1000 point sentence.

If you're getting gulallaged without a prisoner I'D to redeem points then ahelp. Otherwise just hike up your skirt grit your teeth and think of England. People are big babies about gulag.
Bro have you ever been gulagged with prison shoe cuffs.

Dear god those are the worst
► Show Spoiler
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #503179

PKPenguin321 wrote:The part I hate about the gulag is that you never ever get your belongings back since it lacks a personal belongings locker like regular cells
The problem is no one in security fucking knows how the gulag works and they just ignore you if you try to explain it to them. The machine takes your stuff when you get sent down and then once you finish your sentence you can retrieve it at the console right outside the shuttle on the station
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #503229

You literally can get your stuff back by yourself though. The only interaction security should have with gulag exiters is taking the ID and supplies so the gulag can actually be used again (and not escaped immediately by just leaving the ID in the shuttle crate)

I reserve gulag for shitters and greytide who make a point to grief or harass security. It's pretty effective and I almost never get in trouble for doing it unless I gulag'd someone wrongly due to information I didn't have available / the prisoner lied and made me assume they did something
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #503231

Yakumo_Chen wrote:You literally can get your stuff back by yourself though. The only interaction security should have with gulag exiters is taking the ID and supplies so the gulag can actually be used again (and not escaped immediately by just leaving the ID in the shuttle crate)

I reserve gulag for shitters and greytide who make a point to grief or harass security. It's pretty effective and I almost never get in trouble for doing it unless I gulag'd someone wrongly due to information I didn't have available / the prisoner lied and made me assume they did something
they are referring to cringe EU event hall players that take prisoner's gear off before putting them in the gulag machine

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #503232

Event hall as I was aware is for new players who don't know what they're doing anyway
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #503263

PKPenguin321 wrote:The part I hate about the gulag is that you never ever get your belongings back since it lacks a personal belongings locker like regular cells
You realize you get everything back using the wall console right outside the labor shuttle in the tiny hallway right
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #503279

Anuv wrote:
You realize you get everything back using the wall console right outside the labor shuttle in the tiny hallway right
Imagine somehow missing all the posts above you about how hardly any sec officers seem to understand it does that and strip people down to skivvies and prison jumpsuit before they gulag.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #503282

angelstarri wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:You literally can get your stuff back by yourself though. The only interaction security should have with gulag exiters is taking the ID and supplies so the gulag can actually be used again (and not escaped immediately by just leaving the ID in the shuttle crate)

they are referring to cringe EU event hall players that take prisoner's gear off before putting them in the gulag machine
Except every sec officer does this.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #503287

tinodrima7020 wrote:
angelstarri wrote:

Except every sec officer does this.
I see it happen on Sybil too. I often have to tell them how to gulag me and they usually ignore me entirely in which case I have to dodge them through the brig while cuffed in the hopes I can find a competent officer to gulag correctly.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503288

What do we do to not lose all our gear when we get gulagged and see an assistant running around with your clown horn.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #503293

Stop breakin' the law, asshole.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #503298

Dax Dupont wrote: Also me and beesting have put people in the gulag with like 5 points and they still suicided or ahelped.
its like an execution but they have no right to complain because they did it to themselves :^)

but yeah gulag is usually shorter than a 10 minute brig sentence so im not sure why yall want to complain about it. it doesnt take long to mine up some sand. ive found if i spend more time mining and less time arguing with the admins online, the sentence is completed faster.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #503303

Gulag is a great retard filter. If you die often there, it's working as intended.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #503378

I gulag repeat offenders very often when playing as Warden. If you're going to be doing nothing other than shitting up the round for everyone on a constant basis, then you're better off being shipped off somewhere where you're actually contributing to the station(or breaking out, pick one)

At least you're not getting perma'd, borg'd, or executed on the spot. Be thankful you can still play in the round at all, you tiding shitlers.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #510239

I think we are talking about edge cases here. Space law is a suggestion, and I wouldn't blame a warden that decides to gulag a lot of people when they're having a round full of tiders, but no, essentially, gulagging should not be equivalent to a regular brig sentence, you are right.
We have agreed that gulagging is fine as it is, and anything you can complain about is probably an issue with them as a security player rather than something we can act on. You are free to ahelp if you think the punishment is harsher than it should be, but it's difficult to pinpoint whether or not it's fair without an actual case, which should probably be handled by admins in-game instead of policy.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try