Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Reading smut/wgw/spamming comms as a comms agent

Post by Dax Dupont » #502990

This complaint got me thinking:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=23103

While it's not directly related to the complaint at hand, I feel that comms agents shouldn't be allowed to spam comms with the slashfiction of lexia getting blacked.

Here's my arguments as to why:
1. They are relatively hard to eliminate versus someone on the station.
2. WGW and such make you valid to the crew, that's extremely low hanging fruit to get people killed on the station.
3. They're likely to outright get deleted if the admins do see them, wasting a ghost role slot.

I feel like comms agents should be able to get people killed still, but WGW is the wrong way to go. If that keeps happening it's likely headmins might decide that comms agents shouldn't be allowed to get people killed in the near future.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Reading smut/wgw/spamming comms as a comms agent

Post by NecromancerAnne » #502991

Did you know comms agents have an internal GPS?

Did you know this makes it stupid easy to shoot them with a BSA?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #502995

NecromancerAnne wrote:Did you know comms agents have an internal GPS?

Bluespace artillery is pretty rare to get made and liable to be interfered with by admins of its own accord.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #502996

NecromancerAnne wrote:Did you know comms agents have an internal GPS?

The GPS is in a crate in the storage room. Ive actually shot the comms agent with a BSA for just this reason, it blew up the supply room and part of the chemistry lab, but nothing else.

If the GPS was moved under the self destruct bomb it would be an actual solution, but right now the BSA doesnt do anything to stop the spam.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #503003

Dr_bee wrote:If the GPS was moved under the self destruct bomb it would be an actual solution
That's a good idea, let me PR that.

Edit: Turns out that the voice changer mask contains the GPS signal. That way, the comms agent will eat shit even when he's not on base anymore.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503008

I was already pretty sure that admins will delete you or bwoink you if you're saying it from a place that cannot be easily accessed by the crew to punish you. Like in space or lavaland.

If it was solidified as a ruling, that'd be fine.
► Show Spoiler
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Post by NamesAreHard » #503017

Admins are pretty much free to do whatever they feel like to you once you start reading WGW, whether you're a comms agent or not.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #503019

Dax Dupont wrote:I feel like comms agents should be able to get people killed still, but WGW is the wrong way to go. If that keeps happening it's likely headmins might decide that comms agents shouldn't be allowed to get people killed in the near future.
I would have preferred to be some kind of gentleman's agreement where comm agents didn't use smut to make crew members valid as it's kind of a pain to make a exception on a way they can't trick crew into killing each other. Most of our players don't keep up with the ebb and flow of policy decisions so it's counter-intuitive to tell comm agents they can't use smut to get players killed. That said, using smut to trick the crew into lynching a player is very unsporting as crew like killing people and won't think too hard about how the radio message could be fake once they've gotten that green light. I've already had to warn one non-antag mime for using the ventriloquist dummy to fake someone else reading WGW as it usually leads to death.

The option for comm agents to trick crew into killing one another should still exist. As pointed out half of the role is sewing chaos onto the station so it's just natural for them to do that. I could tolerate a ruling saying comm agents aren't allowed to use smut to make crew members valid to one another. It's messy to have to make policy for something that fits in their role, but it's fair to say WGW is itself a exception and forcing people into that policy exception instead of the intent of allowing players to read smut and make themselves valid goes against the intent of the WGW policy. It's a cheap to force it on someone.

I'm kind of ambivalent about round start antagonists and this though. Traitor with a ventriloquist dummy or voice changer doing this is a bit more fair then some ghost role trying to bait a easy kill. It's still unsporting so I don't know if solo-antag should be included in this if we prevent comm agents from using this tactic.

Whole thing is kind of a grey area for me and I'd rather comm agents didn't do it then actually force a policy on the whole thing. I guess eventually people force the issue.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #503021

Gonna put my fun police hat on here for a second, maybe the problem isn't with comms agents, maybe the problem is with having a rule 8 exception whose sole purpose is to give the random assistant of the day the attention they so much crave thanks to a meme being overdone and run into the ground for the last decade

Maybe having a trigger sentence that makes someone open to murder in a game that's often about deception and subterfuge is a very bad idea
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #503030

I see it as abusing OOC policy of someone being valid for reading WGW to enact IC consequences, something that was intended for self harm only, not for weaponization, so it should be punished
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #503046

Reading WGW is already a potentially bannable offense, I don't see what needs to be changed.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #503054

Denton wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:If the GPS was moved under the self destruct bomb it would be an actual solution
That's a good idea, let me PR that.

Edit: Turns out that the voice changer mask contains the GPS signal. That way, the comms agent will eat shit even when he's not on base anymore.
Huh, so I guess it DID work. Sadly the BSA isnt available every round. fucking hilarious though.

That agent was a thorn in our side for the entire round.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #503059

"the station can use the result of a rarely completed fucking goal to kill the guy spamming radio at no cost to himself with his second life so it's fair" is weaker than hell
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503063

Mickyan wrote:Gonna put my fun police hat on here for a second, maybe the problem isn't with comms agents, maybe the problem is with having a rule 8 exception whose sole purpose is to give the random assistant of the day the attention they so much crave thanks to a meme being overdone and run into the ground for the last decade

Maybe having a trigger sentence that makes someone open to murder in a game that's often about deception and subterfuge is a very bad idea
People will spam WGW regardless of the "rule 8 exception" we give it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #503067

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Mickyan wrote:Gonna put my fun police hat on here for a second, maybe the problem isn't with comms agents, maybe the problem is with having a rule 8 exception whose sole purpose is to give the random assistant of the day the attention they so much crave thanks to a meme being overdone and run into the ground for the last decade

Then just ban for it. It’s a stupid meme that’s been overdone by everyone and only exists to get a reaction
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503089

NoxVS wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Then just ban for it. It’s a stupid meme that’s been overdone by everyone and only exists to get a reaction
We do if they continue to spam it despite mutes or other efforts. Bans for spamming already exist
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #503224

I think he means ban immediately for it like you would for non-meme sexual material?
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #503382

What sort of orwellian shitstorm did I walk into? Suggesting isntant bans for WGW? Really?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #503383

deedubya wrote:What sort of orwellian shitstorm did I walk into? Suggesting isntant bans for WGW? Really?
for reading it as a comms agent*
forming a lynch mob weaponizing a headmin ruling and players being bloodthirsty is cheap, unfun and has no counterplay
"it wasn't me who said that, it was a comms agent!" yeah right why should I trust you when I can bash your skull with a toolbox with my free grief ticket
an addendum to the ruling should be added noting you should not use wgw to get someone other than yourself killed
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #503402

could treat it like ERP used to be before it was banned - it didn't make you valid to players but you were 100% valid for admemery and didn't get to complain if they spawned 1000 skeletons on you
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #503452

teepeepee wrote:
deedubya wrote:What sort of orwellian shitstorm did I walk into? Suggesting isntant bans for WGW? Really?
for reading it as a comms agent*
forming a lynch mob weaponizing a headmin ruling and players being bloodthirsty is cheap, unfun and has no counterplay
"it wasn't me who said that, it was a comms agent!" yeah right why should I trust you when I can bash your skull with a toolbox with my free grief ticket
an addendum to the ruling should be added noting you should not use wgw to get someone other than yourself killed
This is exactly my point.

Also spamming wgw already makes you valid for admins, the problem is they can do it and get people lynched fast.
Also we can't really act on it much if it happend a bit ago like earlier in the round.

It's extremely unfun to get lynched because a ghost role just uses a voice changer to get you lynched without any effort whatsoever.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #503468

george orwells 1984 is a bleak dystopian view of a future where reading unoriginal memes in video games gets you temporarily banned from that video game for 15 minutes.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503469

Article 13 proves them right
► Show Spoiler
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #503472

what does any of that even mean
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503487

Screemonster wrote:could treat it like ERP used to be before it was banned - it didn't make you valid to players but you were 100% valid for admemery and didn't get to complain if they spawned 1000 skeletons on you
Already the case
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #503523

I don't really agree that comms agents shouldn't be allowed to read it, but as long as the dumb ruling of "WGW makes you valid" exists, I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to read it with the voice changer. If the comms agent wants to read WGW, they should have to out themselves as a comms agent. Then, if the station wants it to stop, they should have to find and kill the comms agent.

Of course, excessive spam(of anything, not just WGW) should be open to admin intervention. But y'all are taking a vintage meme way too seriously.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #503526

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Screemonster wrote:could treat it like ERP used to be before it was banned - it didn't make you valid to players but you were 100% valid for admemery and didn't get to complain if they spawned 1000 skeletons on you
Already the case
what I mean is, if people weaponising "doing X makes you valid to other players" is a problem, make X no longer make you valid to other players, but keep it extremely valid for adminbus as it is now.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #503528

Lynching for WGW is an OOC solution to an IC problem. Like, WGW readers become valid to the the AI/Borgs even if they’re Asimov. Allowing comms agents to abuse this OOC solution by marking people for death is stupid and shouldn’t be allowed
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #503625

Delete shitter.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #503627

Getting an admin to kill them is their goal. Its a stupid copypasta said only to get a reaction. An admin killing or gibbing or brain damaging them or whatever is exactly what they want
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #503754

I just right click -> delete anyone who reads wgw because its the most anticlimactic reaction they could possibly get