The_Silver_Nuke
Byond Username: The_Silver_Nuke

[Nervere] The_Silver_Nuke Discord Ban Appeal

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #503716

User:The_Silver_Nuke#0735
Admin: Nervere
Time: 07/12/19 est 3:40PM MTN time
Description:

I was just chilling, posting anime girls in the disc as I usually do when I post this image (SFW)

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... 108160.png

Nervere deletes it and warns me that if I post it or a similar image again he will "nuke me off the face of the planet," claiming that it was lolicon content. Of course I disagree, firm in my belief that it was fine and didn't violate discord policy but leave it at that. Later I attempt to post this image (SFW)

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... 5e1e58.png

I accidentally post both of them at the exact same time. Imagine that. The specific image he told me not to post I post on complete accident alongside an image I meant to post. I immediately delete it and say "Whoops" but it was too late, moments later I was banned. I really want to emphasize that point though. It was an accident and I did not mean to post it. I didn't know it was him that banned me at the time and I reach out to him. He claimed he had no idea what happened but later I figured out that it was him that placed the ban.

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... iscord.png

I asked him directly about it and at which point he just recommended that I wait awhile and try to post an appeal on the forums later. So I did. I miss just chatting on the discord and would very much like to rejoin.
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Re: [Nervere] The_Silver_Nuke Discord Ban Appeal

Post by John_Gobbel » #503719

I would just like to share a post here about Discord's policy related to this:
https://blog.discordapp.com/maintaining ... b39adfc00c
DiscordPolicy.JPG
I do believe that the vast majority of people would consider that image sexually suggestive or otherwise inappropriate. (regardless of Discord's stance on cubs, which isn't really important here.)

Also, I'm very well certain that if that image was on my monitor while at work and any of the bosses I've had were to pass by, I would be fired.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #503720

That sort of sucks that you would be fired for that. I didn't see this image as sexually suggestive and as a result I also still feel like it didn't break the policy you quoted above, but I may just be just out of sync with any sort of professional environment. I personally don't really care about the image itself, and I am fine with being more careful about what exactly I post. I just regret being banned over something such as this.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #503771

Dude. It's lolicon. She doesn't have to suck on a dick to be obviously sexually suggestive. Any reasonable person would be fired from his job for it.

Just apologize and this should turn into a (strict) warning.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #503777

Well I still don't think it's lolicon (and that it would be stupid and unreasonable as hell that anyone be fired over it) but as I've already said that I regret being banned over something like this especially considering I didn't even want to post it and it wasn't intentional I'm sorry for posting it. GOD I didn't want to upload it. I really want to emphasize that.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #503790

Just to confirm for posterity's sake, yes, this is a Discord ban and yes, Nervere is the banning admin:

Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #503806

The_Silver_Nuke wrote:User:The_Silver_Nuke#0735
I was just chilling, posting anime girls in the disc as I usually do when I post this image (SFW)

https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... 108160.png
You can't define SFW by what the average chan user would find tame. That image isn't as bad as I was imagining, but it's also something I wouldn't want to have to explain to my boss if a coworker saw it on my computer screen. It's clearly sexually suggestive on top of the character looking young.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #503966

Does the week long lack of resolution apply to Discord appeals as well? And if it does considering Discord bans are not timed, rather are perma, does that mean if it isn't resolved in a week that I can't appeal again for another year?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #504124

I don't know how you think that first image is SFW. Whether or not the character is clothed, posting pictures of little girls all the time is weird as fuck and definitely violates Discord's TOS, which specifically mentions lolicon.
I gave you one warning about this, and for something this serious I have no intent to giving multiple warnings. After you violate the rule again, you're out, and you ended up disregarded my warning.
I find it hard to believe this was accidental, honestly, and your unwillingness to acknowledge that posting that stuff is fucking gross seems to confirm that it was probably not an accident, so I'm closing this appeal.