Permanent Rating System

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cyanobacteria
Byond Username: Cyanobacteria

Permanent Rating System

Post by Cyanobacteria » #504249

I figured this would be the easiest thing to code and so I'd put it in ideas. Of course many of the aspects to byond coding are very convoluted and so it's really difficult to add something just because of that, nothing more. This idea uses everything already in the code, except, adds a different variable that can be manipulated by the host of each server.

THE IDEA

So the basic idea is to take the time a player has spent playing a specific role, a variable which already exist in the game which is how /tg/ servers know how long you've played as a particular role such as chemist and things like that, and apply them to a form of class rating system. This variable is then added to the datum and can be viewed when examining a player who has the ID they started off with on them. The ID will show the rating of that player based on the job they chose, so if they always play chemist, then after playing chemist for a long enough time, they'll appear as a class A chemist.

"Why, what, who? What are you doing? Can I help you?"-People who don't get it

This system would greatly help not only administration, but players, get an idea of if the behavior of the person is similar to that of a griefer, as most players don't report when a griefer even bothers to grief them because they normally get ignored by staff who never ban anybody unless they defend themselves. If a player is class SS for example and they murder you, they're likely an antagonist, but, if a player is class e and they murdered you with high amounts of skill, then it's likely that you got griefed. This is a system used in some servers for games like this, like trouble in terrorist town, ect.

IMPLEMENTATION

So the way I envision this system is based off a point system which the player gains a point for each minute they're on the server as a specific class. This point system is separate from the time they've spent in that it allows for more factors to be taken into account, such as green text.

1. For each minute the round last with the player alive, they gain a point in their class rating
2. For each green text the player gets rather or not they're an antagonist, they multiply the points they've gained that round by the number of green text
3. For each note the player gains from the administration or the amount of time banned, they lose rating by each minute banned and eventually reach a special status to alert players of a potential griefer

The rating in terms of points are like so

Class SS: 483,840 Points/Approximately a year
Class S: 120,960 Points/Approximately three months
Class A: 40,320 Points/Approximately a month
Class B: 10,080 Points/Approximately a week
Class C: 1,440 Points/Approximately a day
Class D: 480 Points/Approximately eight hours
Class E: 60 Points/Approximately an hour
Class F: Default starting class, 0 points
Class Ban: Less then 0 points or admin forced

So if a player class F becomes an antagonist by luck, get four green text, and the round last an hour, they get 240 points in their first round as that role, which is half way to class D, but, all the way to class E. If a player has less then class B in a role and they just murdered you, then you know there is a chance that since they didn't have antagonist weapons, you can likely report them. This would save the admins time and yourself as well. If someone has class ban and griefed you, then it's obvious what's going on unless they're an antagonist.

EDIT: The primary reason I believe this is useful is become most servers have a timer for when a player is allowed to be an antagonist and this would show you if that player qualified for antag based on the time they've spent on the server.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Re: Permanent Rating System

Post by zxaber » #504396

This whole idea is silly, especially because if you roll antag but your chosen slots are filled, you'll get a random role you might not have ever played before.

Just report people if you think something is up. Checking if someone is antag is literally the easiest thing to do as admin.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #504430

basically its an automatic karma system
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #504447

what is the point of this?

I don't mind people being able to evaluate someone elses ability in a job, but what does antags have to do with it?

Also if I was going to use something like this I'd prefer IC titles like "Junior Chemist, Journeyman CHemist and Senior Chemist etc"
NamesAreHard
Byond Username: Names Are Hard

Post by NamesAreHard » #504449

Just saying, but admins already have access to how long a player has played a certain role.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #504507

How do you tell chemists that make meth for 500 rounds apart from those who stock the fridge with healing chems for 500 rounds?
Akrilla
Byond Username: Akrilla
Github Username: Akrilla

Post by Akrilla » #504517

Class SS Assistant bursts into your department oh god oh fuck
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #504557

Akrilla wrote:Class SS Assistant bursts into your department oh god oh fuck
Yeah, this sounds about what I would expect. I also expect metal gear 5 memes due to the ratings.

Either way, don't do "CLASS F CLASS D CLASS A CLASS Z" or stuff like that. Oranges' rank suggestion is better.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #504615

Apprentice Clown
Junior Clown
Clown
Senior Clown
Executive Clown
Master Clown
Grand Master Clown
Secret Master Clown

I'd rather tie these with achievements than pure playtime.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter