JusticeGoat - Commander Boyer - Blatant Abuse of Admin Powers

capax
Byond Username: Capax

JusticeGoat - Commander Boyer - Blatant Abuse of Admin Powers

Post by capax » #505591

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): /tg/station 13 Sibyl #1
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Capax/Commander Boyer
Admin: JusticeGoat
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 114722
Detailed summary: First and foremost, I don't intend to download the logs onto my computer, so don't expect to see any excerpts in this forum post. If you want to see first-hand what happened during the round, then you can delve into the logs yourself: the round ID is right there. Anyway, the round is question proceeded as follows:

After dying on-station because some shitlord didn't like a little joking around with handcuffs, I was delegated to the role of GHOST. I don't really mind this, however, because I can read autists like Bill Nyaswell sperg out in deadchat, but things were getting kind of boring, and I was getting ready to close the game. It was around the time that I started nodding off that I saw a notification for an open slot as an ERT commander or whatever, so I said to myself, "sure, whatever, I'll just hop in and dick around for a bit, then off myself and log out. No biggie." And that's about what I did. I spawned in, the CentComm Official Naomi (?) gave me my directives, and as we took off in the shuttle, I shoved her out of the airlock. No big deal. It's an admin, they can clearly survive this, and even if they died as a result of it, it wouldn't be a huge deal, since their role in the round is to basically sit in the briefing room on CentComm and give the ERT their orders. So, yeah, I did it, and didn't think it was even remotely a huge deal. Boy, was I wrong!

After dawdling around on the station for a few minutes, I wandered onto the Bridge, and saw a person in a mis-match of heads of staff gear and salvaged weaponry, so I decided to stun them and conduct a short investigation; nothing but a little bit of harmless RP, they seemed to be a good sport, and there was another player present who was playing along, too-- maybe it could've led to something-- but, alas, JusticeGoat, who played the aforementioned Naomi (?), was not having it! Enabling player interaction and investment was NOT in JusticeGoat's agenda for this round, and so it would be the case that JG would SPAWN another ERT member tasked with the sole directive of apprehending me and returning me to CentComm. The agent caught me by surprise and succeeded in their goal, and JG's character (you know... the one I previously KILLED?) executed me.

NOW. The issue with this. What is it? Well, the answer lies within the banter shared between players in deadchat shortly after my death. I was, obviously, upset at this, because it was clear to me that JG was blatantly abusing their admin powers (surviving the spacing in a moving shuttle), and then enacting justice through another player as a cover-up for their antics; because, you know, it would be OBVIOUS if they had've just come after me themselves, right? But it's OK when they spawn someone else to do their dirty work, right?!

It really goes without saying, if you ask me: an admin should not be allowed to use their powers to directly affect another player's round, unless such actions are agreed upon by the admins and the playerbase. It's especially shady that JG sought to punish me in-game by employing another player, since they clearly figured it would've been a little TOO on-the-nose if they had've just come after me with their own character. Shady, shady.

It should also be noted that JG acknowledged that ERT is a meme-role in deadchat, which just contradicts all of their actions for this round.

It should also ALSO be noted that I was BANNED for this by Shaps(?), which is just fucked, but is not the main topic of discussion, nor do I really care.

That is all.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: JusticeGoat - Commander Boyer - Blatant Abuse of Admin Powers

Post by JusticeGoat » #505593

So here is my side of the story, it was a extended round there was a comfy thing going on, mini station ghost role was out and the meteors event happened to roll. So i send a code blue ERT to help repair the damage and what not to extend the round a bit for people to enjoy things a bit, Capax gets the job. As i was talking to Boyer/Capax they opened the shuttle airlock and shoved me out. I teleported back to command and watched them proceed to not do their mission and instead just arrest people, I spawn a second ERT and give them the mission to arrest Commander Boyer and bring them back. The Second ERT person brings Boyer back and i do a commissar style execution with my .357 at command and send the more competent person to do their original job.

Then Capax proceeded to be salty and upset for the rest of the round until shaps got annoyed.
Last edited by JusticeGoat on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Google
Byond Username: Detective Google

Post by Detective Google » #505596

/tg/station 13 Sibyl #1
think you misspelled this

Ghost roles don't have very many direct rule references and ERT aren't semi-antag like other ghost roles, leaving it as somewhat of a grey-area in terms of validity/antag status but it is generally accepted that an ERT cannot go 'rogue' similarly to how a security member can't.

A security member/ERT member going 'rogue' is self antagging which is not allowed, this complaint seems to hinge on the fact an IC punishment was delivered in the form of execution vs. an OOC punishment such as bwoink/ban.
capax
Byond Username: Capax

Post by capax » #505599

Detective Google wrote:
/tg/station 13 Sibyl #1
think you misspelled this

Ghost roles don't have very many direct rule references and ERT aren't semi-antag like other ghost roles, leaving it as somewhat of a grey-area in terms of validity/antag status but it is generally accepted that an ERT cannot go 'rogue' similarly to how a security member can't.

A security member/ERT member going 'rogue' is self antagging which is not allowed, this complaint seems to hinge on the fact an IC punishment was delivered in the form of execution vs. an OOC punishment such as bwoink/ban.
i was punished both icly/oocly for what i did to justicegoat

how about instead of an admin giving themselves immunity and then killing players, they take the airlock push for what it is (hint: a joke), and just move on with their day and let the player do what they are going to do

it wasn't "self-antagging" - i shoved the cunt out of the airlock within the first five seconds of spawning. it was a JOOOKE that justicegoat interpreted poorly and took WAAAY too far

edit: if this was done by a respected player, it would not have gotten the attention that it did from the administration staff. it would've instead been taken for what it CLEARLY was. i also resent the idea from JusticeGoat that i was doing anything outside of my role once i actually landed on the station.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #505602

[2019-07-31 22:45:17.476] ADMIN: JusticeGoat/(Naomi Faulkland) changed the equipment of Capax/(Commander Boyer) to /datum/outfit/ert/engineer.
[2019-07-31 22:45:22.162] SAY: JusticeGoat/(Naomi Faulkland) "there you go" (CentCom Transport Shuttle Dock (146, 75, 1))
[2019-07-31 22:45:29.328] SAY: JusticeGoat/(Naomi Faulkland) "know what you must do?" (CentCom Transport Shuttle Dock (146, 74, 1))
[2019-07-31 22:45:35.644] SAY: JusticeGoat/(Naomi Faulkland) "the station needs repairs" (CentCom Transport Shuttle Dock (146, 74, 1))

Then you remained silent so i dragged you to the ferry to send you off to do your job, don't say I didn't try to talk to you.
Detective Google
Byond Username: Detective Google

Post by Detective Google » #505604

how about instead of an admin giving themselves immunity and then killing players, they take the airlock push for what it is (hint: a joke), and just move on with their day and let the player do what they are going to do
Killing another player or attempting to has never been considered a joke- try throwing someone out an airlock as a clown and you would be bwoinked because RDM isn't allowed.
edit: if this was done by a respected player, it would not have gotten the attention that it did from the administration staff. it would've instead been taken for what it CLEARLY was. i also resent the idea from JusticeGoat that i was doing anything outside of my role once i actually landed on the station.
Justice clearly stated (as well as I personally witnessed) that you were instructed to perform station repairs, and instead you chose to perform arrests.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #506800

There was no "blatant abuse of admin powers". You managed to get a ghost role that requires you to follow orders, were told to do something, and decided to ignore it for ~roleplay reasons~, even though you already had a roleplay reason to be in the station. Instead of outright removing you, JusticeGoat decided to go for an IC solution to it. There is nothing wrong with this.
it was a JOOOKE that justicegoat interpreted poorly and took WAAAY too far
That's rich coming from the guy crying about "blatant abuse of power" because another player was sent to stop you, because you weren't following orders.
because it was clear to me that JG was blatantly abusing their admin powers (surviving the spacing in a moving shuttle)
He spawned just to give you your orders. We tend to either delete the CentCom Commander mob or keep it afk somewhere and we ghost again to continue with our, you know, adminning.
and then enacting justice through another player as a cover-up for their antics; because, you know, it would be OBVIOUS if they had've just come after me themselves, right? But it's OK when they spawn someone else to do their dirty work, right?!
Are you aware they could just delete you if they wanted to? And that sending someone else to do it would still pin the blame on himself? You've made up a whole story in your mind about him being some sort of villain out to get you because you threw his DM NPC out of an airlock.
We are not upholding this complaint. It's not reasonable - JusticeGoat did not get you arrested because you wronged him, he just handled with you ICly because you weren't doing what you were told to do.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try