Mindswapping with your Wizard Summons Nonconsentually

John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Mindswapping with your Wizard Summons Nonconsentually

Post by John_Gobbel » #505152

Just had a round (which will not be named) with an individual (who will not be named) that got a Wizard roll.

They proceeded to get a slaughter demon bottle, use it, mindswap with the slaughter demon, and proceed to massacre the entire station in their OP new body with fireball and other spells.

Now this isn't an ided post, what I'm more concerned about is the fact that someone deliberately summoned someone for an antag role just to mindswap with and then kill them. I believe this goes completely against rule 1 of our server and is a total DICK MOVE. When I asked an experienced admin about it, I was told that there isn't an official ruling on it and thus they weren't going to touch it, so here we are.

What do you think? Regardless of this specific instance, of course; is giving someone an antag role just to immediately murder them and deny it a big enough dick move to make it against the rules?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Mindswapping with your Wizard Summons Nonconsentually

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #505154

Wizards are antags, summoning other antags who are not aligned to them is a large part of their portfolio, slaughter demons have an objective to murder the wizard, this was a creative use of game mechanics and this is absolutely an ides post
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #505155

Seems like rule 4 applies here.

Antag can do what they want. They're not a team antag. Sucks for whoever the demon was but that's the game, sometimes you die, sometimes its unavoidable.

Also demons have an objective to kill the wizard too so they're kind of pitted against each other.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #505156

Personally I think because the slaughter demon isn't even an ally of the wizard, it shouldn't have have protections whatsoever from the wizard killing it. Because the wizard can be killed by the slaughter demon.

That said, a fireball flinging demon is fucking busted as shit and shouldn't be a thing anyway. We removed holoparasite mindswap for much the same reason. Near untouchable infinite blood jaunting fireball flinging gib monsters is too much even for wizard.
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #505157

I agree with the idea that wizards should be able to do whatever when it comes to non-allied antags, but to me the idea of giving someone an antag roll just to immediately kill them without any grace period so you can have epic busted loot seems wrong to me. Apparently demons start out blood jaunted so they don't HAVE to engage the wizard immediately (which I didn't know, thanks Kang). I'd still like to have the discussion in case something similar comes up in the future (and also to see i how busted people think mindswap really is).
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #505161

John_Gobbel wrote:I agree with the idea that wizards should be able to do whatever when it comes to non-allied antags, but to me the idea of giving someone an antag roll just to immediately kill them without any grace period so you can have epic busted loot seems wrong to me. Apparently demons start out blood jaunted so they don't HAVE to engage the wizard immediately (which I didn't know, thanks Kang). I'd still like to have the discussion in case something similar comes up in the future (and also to see i how busted people think mindswap really is).

Sounds like the problem could easily be solved by code solutions rather than policy changes by making mindswap not work on slaughter demons. That seems like unintentional behavior in the first place.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505171

John_Gobbel wrote:Now this isn't an ided post, what I'm more concerned about is the fact that someone deliberately summoned someone for an antag role just to mindswap with and then kill them. I believe this goes completely against rule 1 of our server and is a total DICK MOVE.
Are you sure this isn't an i ded post? Nothing the wizard did here broke any rules, and in fact it seems pretty clever. Rule 1 definetly doesn't work that way.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #505180

I don't think this is a pure ided post, since I can definitely see why someone would think it's a rule 1 violation.

Actually, if anything, it feels like this would fall under the same sort of rules as camping arrivals, if it's the round I'm thinking of. You'd just spawn in as a slaughter demon, and get mindswapped before you can even really react? That's pretty shitty.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
donutstation
Byond Username: EwynB

Post by donutstation » #505183

smart wizard, deserves a positive note
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #505189

Rule 4. If there's an issue with the way slaughter demons spawn in that makes this overly easy then that's a coding issue really.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505250

deedubya wrote:I don't think this is a pure ided post, since I can definitely see why someone would think it's a rule 1 violation.
"Anything that inconveniences me is being a dick"
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #505272

they weren't the demon, but they did play the round and die to the wizard and it's other demons and salt about it

draw your own conclusions
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #505296

antag rep doesn't exist anymore on the server so it doesn't really hurt the player in question at all. antag is free to explore mechanics however they want and thats the beauty of this server.

however yeah that's busted as shit and now that it's pretty much known probably shouldn't exist at all.
retired ss13 coderman
bigfatbananacyclops
Byond Username: Bigfatbananacyclops

Post by bigfatbananacyclops » #505302

wizards aren't demon's allies, demons fault for trusting them (which they usually do), but i find it hard to mindswap the demon to be honest if they are smart to not collaborate with the wizard, technically the demon is still antag even in the wizards body. they just have no big claws and anti stun. sure its probably a dick move but there's the antag rule.

the wizard is also the one who summoned the demons. they can pretty much freely use their spells in any way.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #505305

It's pretty bs to become a slaughter demon with spells, but that is a code issue.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #505320

PKPenguin321 wrote:
deedubya wrote:I don't think this is a pure ided post, since I can definitely see why someone would think it's a rule 1 violation.
Spawning in a ghost role with the sole intention of immediately murdering them is definitely a dick move.

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #505328

emergent gameplay
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #505330

rule 4, enough said
these baby players go on to become hugbox admins and make terrible bans and policy, really sad
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505362

deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Spawning in a ghost role with the sole intention of immediately murdering them is definitely a dick move.
oranges wrote:they weren't the demon, but they did play the round and die to the wizard and it's other demons and salt about it

draw your own conclusions
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #505503

deedubya wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Everything antags do is "A dick move".
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #505509

This is more of a code issue.

Nevertheless. Getting spawned in as a antagonist, and then dying before you've even had a chance to even react, is poor form.

But, considering its a secondary antag and the player was only spawned for a few seconds, it makes it more a grey issue.
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #505590

wizard demons all start in blood crawl and have to actively hunt the wizard in order for something like this to happen. Plus, mindswap has always been a cancerous spell that has turned an already shitty antag mode into even more unfun shit show. People have already brought up rule 4 regarding wizard and demons both being lone antags. Basically, the demon bit off more than he could chew and got salty when he lost his grief powers. I know the OP wasn't said demon, but he made this thread on his behalf while also not knowing how demons were spawned.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #505610

"remove mindswap" does seem to be a pretty common sentiment in the community that I'm inclined to agree with. Why do we need to turn wizard rounds into changeling rounds?

That is a code solution rather than a policy one, though.

Spoiler:
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #505618

deedubya wrote:"remove mindswap" does seem to be a pretty common sentiment in the community that I'm inclined to agree with. Why do we need to turn wizard rounds into changeling rounds?

That is a code solution rather than a policy one, though.
either remove it or make it a robed spell and not a get out of fuck up free card.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #505621

I'll be honest i cracked up reading this. That was some clever bullshit. I think though it should be a code solution since while its a dick move, Rule 4.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med