Blood Loss being insignificant

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Blood Loss being insignificant

Post by Hathkar » #493769

Anyone else think it's a bit strange that someone can be bleeding for 30 minutes straight and only lose 15% of their blood? The only time blood loss has ever been an issue is when dragging someone across the station while they're down.

So, buff blood loss rate I guess?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Blood Loss being insignificant

Post by wesoda25 » #493770

Blood loss is perfect. I'll get fucked by blood loss in no time, idk what you're smoking to think it doesn't do anything. Maybe if you get a papercut, sure.
[this space reserved]
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #493772

I mean, it's like anything. I've bled for thirty minutes from a small cut IRL with no real consequences (so far), but obviously if I got a massive chainsaw cut to the arm then I'd be dead within minutes to hours depending on if it hit something important.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #493866

I've been pondering what to do about bleeding for a while because it's a system that's a lot more interesting for medbay compared to the rest of our health system

Current problems:
-Irrelevant outside of very specific situations (getting dragged all over the floor, possibly even more rare after this gets merged please oranges, thanks, bye)
-Natural blood gain is so fast you can generally walk it off by keeping the oxyloss in check for a few minutes (less relevant after epipen nerf but still an issue)
-Poor visual feedback on how severe the bleeding is

There's a few things I've been playing around with which I may or may not finish eventually:
-Slow down natural recovery from blood loss
-Increased blood loss while moving(just like being dragged, but not as severe)
-Bleeding rate from damage to be exponential rather than linear
-Interval of blood dripping tied to bleeding rate rather than constant
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #493874

-Increase the base bleeding amount by a lot if you're severely injured.
-reduce bleeding if you're not moving.
-increase bleeding if you're walking, more if you're running.
-someone with a severe injury who is bleeding really bad might have to stay still and get help, or walk carefully to somewhere they can receive help
-gauze should reduce bleeding amount so if the wound is bleeding badly it won't stop it completely. Should be enough to limp to medbay.
-bleeding on very bad wounds won't stop 100% until the wound is healed
-if bleeding becomes far more deadly and gauze becomes a stopgap until you get real treatment then everyone should spawn with a unit of gauze in their box with the epipen. Since it's emergency first aid until you can get healed.

This won't solve healing being super powerful where you can quickly heal to max with some band aids and creams though. That's a topic for another thread.

Edit: when I think of an injury requiring you to be still, or walk slowly to avoid bleeding out if you don't have some gauze I'm not thinking of "I got stabbed" or "I got shot with the .38 once". I'm thinking of limb loss, huge amounts of brute from getting hit 8x with a fire extinguisher, or enough brute from getting shot 3 or 4 times.
--Crocodillo

TrumpetPlaya
Byond Username: HRTSultan

Post by TrumpetPlaya » #505542

say that to my heparin anacea kill mix bro
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #505546

It's a bit weird that blood loss gives toxins damage, oxygen damage makes more sense.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #505641

Blood Loss needs to be combined with the organ failure system.

Your body will shut down your organs to prioritize keeping you alive. Alive, but very fucked up.
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #505974

Blood loss is ridiculously deadly with any of of the bleed causers like shuriken, bear traps, heparin and large brute hits now that perf is the standard oxyloss chem. Without treatment you will pretty much die at some point in the near future and bandages can only do so much, especially if you're being smacked around at the same time. It's why having shit embedded into you is so scary. It doesn't do IMMEDIATE harm most of the time (except ninja stars which can two hit crit) but the damage will quickly mount to lethal levels.