Remove Summon Guns/Magic

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Remove Summon Guns/Magic

Post by wesoda25 » #506512

Its actually fucking cancer does anyone even like it. We have stress release in the form of revs and nuke ops.

If not remove only give weapons/magic to survivalists.
[this space reserved]
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Remove Summon Guns/Magic

Post by Denton » #506516

This thread would also be good in policy discussion because events/guns/magic is a config setting.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #506518

Denton wrote:This thread would also be good in policy discussion because events/guns/magic is a config setting.
Gonna go ahead and move it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #506525

I like summon magic a lot, it's very fun and the sort of interesting/imaginative/exciting content I'd like to see more of in the game. Summon Guns is just an excuse for the crew to shoot each other with OP weapons though.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #506529

cacogen wrote:Summon Guns is just an excuse for the crew to shoot each other with OP weapons though.
And Summon Magic isnt the same?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #506533

NoxVS wrote:
cacogen wrote:Summon Guns is just an excuse for the crew to shoot each other with OP weapons though.
And Summon Magic isnt the same?
A lot (most?) of the items spawned aren't weapons, and there are also staves of healing
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #506542

the real evil is summon events
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #506543

Please don't, wacky magical effects are 1000 times better than a murderboning magic missile + ei nath wizard.
Last edited by CPTANT on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #506547

CPTANT wrote:Please don't wacky magical effects are 1000 times better than a murderboning magic missile + ei nath wizard.
This.

I and many other people love Summon Magic/Summon Guns/Summon Events. Among other things, they're an option that lets a wizard who doesn't want to antagonize the station/isn't confident in their ability to antagonize the station to add extra antagonists to the round who can pick up the slack. In other words, they're great for peaceful wizards, since they can frame it as them giving the crew free stuff and also divert the attention of validhunters/people who are itching for a fight to the amateur magicians/survivalists/whatever. Also, cool magic items and fancy guns are fun to use/fight against, and giving them to just the antagonists spawned by the event greatly lowers the chances that some of the really cool ones will be spawned.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #506574

I miss Summon Guns x5
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #506583

Summon memes are the same every time, and don't even think about trying to enjoy it- at any time, you might be randomly mindswapped into a literal who and lose fucking everything. why even try?
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #506597

The real gamer way to hijack the shuttle is to spam summon events and just wait, most people will kill themselves out of how fucking shit it is. Although in all seriousness I personally hate all the summon stuff for a wizard and with dynamic being a thing, it locks the round into being a boring shit show that everyone has to deal with even when the wizard is dead. The events arent even unique enough to be fun in my honest opinion. Its a trap for newer players to press because they have a few extra points and *think* that it will be fun when its the complete opposite.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #506605

Remove wizard
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #506615

summon events is the worst thing about wizard
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #506616

It's not even a good mechanic from a code perspective, I hope they remove it so I can promote it's removal from a code POV
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #506792

Naloac wrote:Although in all seriousness I personally hate all the summon stuff for a wizard and with dynamic being a thing, it locks the round into being a boring shit show that everyone has to deal with even when the wizard is dead.
having a different pool of stuff for "wizard as complete solo mode" and "wizard as part of dynamic mode that may share the round with other antags" would be neat but that'd be a code thing
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #506835

Throw it out, and take events too. There are some wizard plays with improved casting that I'd probably miss, but the rest is trash and not worth keeping around. Well, the visible ghosts event, but thats also a non-event thing.

Like noone notices they are summon antags anyway, so they dont serve much purpose.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #506883

Summon events x5 while you hide in a locker is just literally admitting you are a cowardly shit that probably thinks they're super slick and funny when really I'm just debating whether to BSA you to get your shit round over and done with. God fobid someone does this is dynamic and ruins the entire round for literally everyone in it. Events need to die.

I actually feel like Subject's reduction in the amount of summoned antags has hurt Summon Guns/Magic as a viable option for a wizard to take. There is no gamble anymore than the crew will tear itself apart. Most of the time, the survivalists/magicians sit on their hands and do nothing. It's completely tragic and a waste of spell points.