Make Shoe-less Clowns Valid

Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Make Shoe-less Clowns Valid

Post by Kangtut » #507359

Why do we allow this to continue? Mood changes encourage clowns to wear their shoes, but clowns still run around with jackboots or sneakers on, forgoing their heritage and bringing shame to clown kind. We have found the solution to the talking mime problem and it would work just as well for shoe-less clowns too. Simple bullying isn't enough either; I have put the vile creatures in cuffed prisoner shoes only for filthy sympathizers to free them and allow them to continue on their wicked way. The time has come to make a stand! Wear your shoes or die!

For real though, shoe-less clowns are stupid and bullying isn't enough from my experience. The only issue I can see with making them valid is people stripping them of their shoes to get them lynched. That kind of behavior can be treated similar to a non-antag getting a non-human lynched by the borgs - the person who stripped the clown's shoes is held responsible for the clown's death. If a traitor did it then the clown was probably dead either way.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Make Shoe-less Clowns Valid

Post by cacogen » #507362

nah
also this newer thing of killing mimes for talking is autistic
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #507363

Nah. As much as I dislike it, Mime speaking is a choice from the mime. You can't force a mime to talk to make them valid. Clown shoes are something you could push the clown over for and remove from them. Aside from how easy it is to steal their shoes it is also bad for cosplaying clowns who want more fitting foot wear for their costume that round. Just bully clowns bad clowns.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #507399

100% make them valid. Mimes speech and clowns shoes are both integral parts to their roles.
[this space reserved]
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #507454

Gigapuddi420 wrote: it is also bad for cosplaying clowns who want more fitting foot wear for their costume that round
oh yeah of course, part of the clown and mime's jobs involve dressing up in different costumes, so this is another reason it would be stupid to punish a clown without slow clown shoes
it also fucks traitor clowns
and i also played a clown unimaginatively called "depressed clown" (as opposed to pagliacci or something a little less obvious) who shunned all his bright clown get-up in favour of drab, worn clothes and only kept the mask and pink PDA to signify they were a lapsed clown. so in other words, it limits roleplay for no reason other than player autism trying to force playstyles on other people
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #507456

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #507714

Anyone who demands something should be valid should be gently reminded that this bad(and not be made valid themselves as that could encourage escalation).
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #507849

ThanatosRa wrote:Anyone who demands something should be valid should be gently reminded that this bad(and not be made valid themselves as that could encourage escalation).
This
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #507920

I regularly take the clown's shoes as punishment. Making the clown valid for that turns the punishment from an innocent punishment that keeps them from getting a honk mech and bringing them shame to potentially taking them out of the round. I don't want to do that to them and I certainly don't want them to pursue me with deadly force to get their shoes back if I take them.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #507928

Besides. On the rare times I play how would i do.the bananaman gimmick.
Spoiler:
suit tie mime mask and afro
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #507960

Just take their feet. It's not like they need them anymore.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #508912

Shoeless clowns have been specifically encouraged via code changes to allow them to wear appropriate clothing for dress up shenanigans. No longer do they have a negative moodlet for being without their shoes. A clown is supposed to dress up to their hearts content, limiting that by making them valid without the shoes is rather punishing.