Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Post by CPTANT » #507373

I mean we exclude catpeople from being human for changes that are arguably more minor.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #507376

They still have the arm. It's just under the armblade.

Yes, they're human.

It'd be like making a man with a chainsaw arm suddenly no longer human.
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #507377

Shadowflame909 wrote:They still have the arm. It's just under the armblade.

Yes, they're human.

It'd be like making a man with a chainsaw arm suddenly no longer human.
A man with cat ears is no longer human according to our rules.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #507378

is this a thinly veiled catgirl policy discussion

They're non-human because it's a bad anime reference

Please cease this is how you get FNR banned.
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #507380

Shadowflame909 wrote:is this a thinly veiled catgirl policy discussion

They're non-human because it's a bad anime reference

Please cease this is how you get FNR banned.
They are non human because they are mutants.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #507383

you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #507384

lmwevil wrote:you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?
There is no reason to, this is just a thinly veiled why aren't cat girls human policy thread like shadowflame said.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #507385

lmwevil wrote:you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

Armblades are organs of changelings (you know, the alien species) and if you can't make your point without personal attack then fuck off to somewhere else you mentally handicapped sack of shit.
Last edited by CPTANT on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #507386

SkeletalElite wrote:

There is no reason to, this is just a thinly veiled why aren't cat girls human policy thread like shadowflame said.
I don't want cats to be human. 10/10 project again.

Here I was thinking this was a simple thread, but ohw boy I triggered the anti catpeople crowd without this even being about them in the first place.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #507494

CPTANT wrote:Here I was thinking this was a simple thread, but ohw boy I triggered the anti catpeople crowd without this even being about them in the first place.
They triggered themselves, business as usual. Not really much to discuss here, dark blessing is just a null rod option, there is no reason it would dehumanize the chaplain and if there was a ruling like that we would have listed it in the 'IS IT HUMAN' section of the rules page for silicons to make it clear.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #507499

is a person with a robo limb human? yes
find the answer here OP
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #507522

CPTANT wrote:I mean we exclude catpeople from being human for changes that are arguably more minor.
It's just a replacement arm
What do catpeople have to do with prosthetic limbs?
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #508252

Problem that arises here is that if you state outright that "armblade doesn't make you nonhuman", that means an AI can't take action against an actual armblade ling unless it displays some other form of ling behavior.

Also, chaps aren't the only ones that can do it. Xenobio can create legitimate armblades(instead of the nullrod knockoff) and they're still human(assuming they haven't drank the green kool-aid)
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #508483

If you kill a chaplain thinking it was a ling i'm not going to be too upset in general.

If you get the nullrod option that looks like a ling blade you open yourself up to the misinterpretation that said ling blade is real.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #508910

Chaplain with a dark blade is human. It's a fancy arm add on. We don't make people silicon for having augments, even full ones.

Transhumanists unite.