no more ERP

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

no more ERP

Post by Hornygranny » #50410

Bottom post of the previous page:

We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis. Thank you for your cooperation.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: No More ERP {Discussion}

Post by oranges » #50717

I wish the two headmins involved in making this decision would step forward and answer concerns and questions in the thread. It's really embarrassing for the community as a whole to see HG lock his announcement thread on the issue and then for both of them to drop of the face of the earth and just pretend like everything is fine. More importantly it feels disingenuous to have a policy subforum and then for policies to just be announced as a result of what I assume was admin discussion only. You even have admin only forums to post in we can still see, so even somewhere like that would've been fine.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #50724

soulgamer wrote:Dezz the only times that ERP is a problem is when a head or the only person in their department runs off to do it, Amy lesson tries to keep a xeno alive to fuck it, or when the crew finds out its happening and goes murderboner on them.
Haha... no. No it has not historically been "not a problem." You may feel it isn't a problem now but it definitely used to be a problem because ERP partnerships tended to be very overtly meta-alliances as well, and admins have often gotten involved in said relationships. A lot of admin sweat and tears used to be based around trying to defuse a lot of problems ERP was causing without banning ERP because it was popular.
oranges wrote:I wish the two headmins involved in making this decision would step forward and answer concerns and questions in the thread. It's really embarrassing for the community as a whole to see HG lock his announcement thread on the issue and then for both of them to drop of the face of the earth and just pretend like everything is fine. More importantly it feels disingenuous to have a policy subforum and then for policies to just be announced as a result of what I assume was admin discussion only. You even have admin only forums to post in we can still see, so even somewhere like that would've been fine.
This is actaully a pretty reasonable request. The rule does lack internal clarity even if we all know full well what errotic role play is. Clearing the air on this isn't just the right thing to do, it will get people to calm down a bit.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #50728

oranges wrote:I wish the two headmins involved in making this decision would step forward and answer concerns and questions in the thread. It's really embarrassing for the community as a whole to see HG lock his announcement thread on the issue and then for both of them to drop of the face of the earth and just pretend like everything is fine. More importantly it feels disingenuous to have a policy subforum and then for policies to just be announced as a result of what I assume was admin discussion only. You even have admin only forums to post in we can still see, so even somewhere like that would've been fine.
We didn't even get any post about it in the hidden forums. As far as I'm aware, there was a discussion at some unknown date and time, maybe in #adminbus, maybe not, and then BOOM announcement thread.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #50729

ERP creates amusement by intrusion of third parties.

Heads? Those should probably forbidden from fucking, unless it involves xenos polishing laser rifles.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #50736

DemonFiren wrote:ERP creates amusement by intrusion of third parties.
This, I was under the impression dealing with ERP would be handled the fun way instead of banning it outright.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #50747

OrbisA wrote:You habe been banned by : HornyGranny.
Reason: Introduced sexual themes into the game.

banned by : HornyGranny.

HornyGranny.
lol
dezzmont wrote:
This is actaully a pretty reasonable request. The rule does lack internal clarity even if we all know full well what errotic role play is. Clearing the air on this isn't just the right thing to do, it will get people to calm down a bit.
Wyzack wrote:Cmon, the ERP interfering shennanigans are hilarious. This seems like a lame nofun4u policy.
Steelpoint wrote:I think more so that so long as the ERP is consensual and in context, as well as built up and moderate, it should be fine.

Now if we are talking about two characters that jut bolt to the dorms at round start and start humping, then start sending in the clowns.
I feel like everything to be said against this rule has been said already. Response from the two pro-ban headmins would, as previously stated by oranges, be appreciated.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #50752

this IS ultimately anti-fun
but who is ever going to make enough of a stink to get it removed? rip erp. you will be missed.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #50755

Saegrimr wrote:
bandit wrote:No, it just proves that you don't care for that particular rule.
And at what point does that end? Oh, you didn't like that one particular rule so you should be immune from it? What if someone just doesn't happen to like the "no murdering as nonantag" rule?

They aren't there to pick and choose from, you follow them or you leave.
holy fuck
the "no murder" rule will never get removed for being absolutely asinine
Last edited by Saintish on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #50756

While I can hypothetically see your point there, don't you think that insulting an admin is not a good way to make that point more clear?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #50757

long ago when ERP was being voted on whether to be banned or not (it was a landslide victory for "don't ban") I remember thinking up what I think is a decent solution

right now, we have an age gate which is barely enforced. admins tell players that mention that they are underage to just say that they wer ejoking so they don't have to ban them. ERP is/was a free for all, you were just subject to being fucked with.

instead, restrict ERP in the same way age is; very loosely. now you can remove the age gate and we can frolic openly with the babies who play them game anyways.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50758

DemonFiren wrote:While I can hypothetically see your point there, don't you think that insulting an admin is not a good way to make that point more clear?
I think he already knows that if I had some sort of grudge against him, i'd have permabanned him by now.
He's partially correct, nonantag murder is likely never going away. The point is even if nonantag murder were to be removed from the rules in the future, all the prior bans for it would not become invalid.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
danno

Post by danno » #50769

>fenex green will be the last great ERP story of our time
at least we went out with a bang
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #50781

With ERP, we'll have gone out with a bang either way.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #50782

I think hg and anon3 need to stop browsing tumblr and remember the /tg/ principles on which this server was founded.
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #50803

danno wrote:>fenex green will be the last great ERP story of our time
at least we went out with a bang
God damn it.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #50804

RIP Frost Fenex the Fluid Fiend
Spoiler:
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #50807

Maccus wrote:RIP Frost Fenex the Fluid Fiend
What are you talking about?
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #50811

Playing stupid is unbecoming.
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #50812

Holy shit, how can people get so ass blasted about ERP?

Unless people are literally fucking in the corridors, or taking up important roles and not doing their jobs, why should anyone give a fuck?

People erping in a dorm room/librarian's room/xeno pen can ony be noticed by ghosts, or admins. It has literally the exact same impact on the round as a pair of people going temporarily braindead.
Who are you to say this sort of RP is wrong? They are playing the game how they like to, and it doesn't negatively effect the gameplay of others.

Stop being immature as shit and no fun allowed. Also the argument of erpers being metabuddies is also hilarious, since it implies that the erp somehow makes otherwise innocent players into metafriends, and stopping them from erping will magically stop them being meta. Like really, think about the logic here.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50818

The more arguments I hear, the more I start to believe that this is all just a big prank played on Fenex so everyone knows what happened...
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #50833

*Eats popcorn*

The drama sustains me...Although i am wondering why it's a trial instead of a flat out rule change.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #50864

Saegrimr wrote:Literally ERPing with goliath tentacles.

Oh man, I did get a hell of a chuckle from that one. But ERP wise, is calling another person on the station sexy, me* smacks <name> on the booty which follows by a *me blushes or uploading a law to the AI to compliment the females on the station bannable? I did in one situation told a borg to eat my dick and sure enough the guy made this *me thing of his robotic mouth doing lewd thing but I didn't admin help it.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #50872

Srifen did you just admit to being a borg predator
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50877

srifenbyxp wrote:Oh man, I did get a hell of a chuckle from that one. But ERP wise, is calling another person on the station sexy, me* smacks <name> on the booty which follows by a *me blushes or uploading a law to the AI to compliment the females on the station bannable? I did in one situation told a borg to eat my dick and sure enough the guy made this *me thing of his robotic mouth doing lewd thing but I didn't admin help it.
Really depends on the person. This IS a public server and you might get some random person extremely angry/triggered/keyboard raped by random calls like that and might ahelp it. Something like that i'd probably just tell you to knock it off, but i'm not exactly as well invested in the "must remove all sexual connotations from the internet" thing as others are.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #50901

paprika wrote:Srifen did you just admit to being a borg predator
Well I meant my statement as a Insult not a actual request. Should had added that in there, besides borgs are second to terrible beings on the station next towards clowns. They're all lights and clockwork
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #50925

I was once playing as an alcoholic space whaler and the HoS announced that he has a bottle of vodka and I sneaked into the HoS office and told him let's drink and after each of us had a gulp he/she:

"Get naked" or something to that effect

and then he/she said:

"One in a lifetime chance"

and I said:

"SPOOKBOMB!" and snatched the bottle of vodka and disposal'd myself and I think the disposals sent me right into the blob and the HoS was actually an admin which made it even funnier and it was one of the best moments I had playing SS13 pls don't ban ERP.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #50926

Violaceus wrote:What's wrong with ERP?

Like slut strangled to bed screaming for sausages and wild mob of assistants feeding her actual sausages.
I would actually like to see that happen. That sounds absolutely hysterical.
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #50928

Also Candice Green once killed me for no reason why won't admin ban killing for no reason instead

HUH

D:
Sad elegy
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #50934

Erp is so uncommon that the 'trial' is a joke. What does ANYONE expect to happen from it? ERP only effects other people that are ghosting/badmins fucking with them.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #50935

You could have at least experimented with making ERP IC illegal but hey jump straight to making more work for yourself.
Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #50938

What is the ERP ban length, actually?
Sad elegy
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #50949

Whoisthere wrote:What is the ERP ban length, actually?
10 inches
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #50963

really stupid rule

you should only ban for things that are harmful

ERP harmful how ??????

nobody's explained how this is some uncontrollable plague ruining the round or game for many players?

you have the rules against rape and being an irresponsible leadership position (head whatever) so how is this a problem

i don't even understand why anyone would bother making this rule. by making it you're creating more strife than you're solving (which is none btw)
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #50966

What is the ERP ban length, actually?
probably warning to dayban to perma

i think the punishment should just be a gibbing, if we MUST have this rule

since apparently ERP is a plague upon all we hold dear
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #50969

fixes looking for problems wtb
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #51018

Incomptinence wrote:You could have at least experimented with making ERP IC illegal but hey jump straight to making more work for yourself.
Dereliction of duty kinda covers it. Although seeing nobody ever does their job on SS13...
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #51025

Mat13295 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:You could have at least experimented with making ERP IC illegal but hey jump straight to making more work for yourself.
Dereliction of duty kinda covers it. Although seeing nobody ever does their job on SS13...
I only arrest talking mimes for dereliction lol.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #51026

Redblaze3000 wrote:
Mat13295 wrote:
I only arrest talking mimes for dereliction lol.
What about arresting Clowns for being unfunny under dereliction?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jimthebob123
Byond Username: Jimthebob123

Post by Jimthebob123 » #51031

Erp cause some great funny situations and very rarely escalates byond hacking doors in the dorms
Bring it back!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #51032

I dislike the idea of somebody making an announcement thread that is obviously going to be controversial, global'ing it, locking it, then hiding while the masses get mad and have questions.

This thread is now the official discussion thread. {Global'ed}
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #51053

I'm just going to sit over here and wait patiently for HG and Anon get dragged out of their hate-proof safe rooms and be forced to justify banning the amusement that is ERP, only to be promptly tied down to a bed and force-fed sausages for eternity.

Dis gon b gud.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 » #51059

deathhoof wrote:I think hg and anon3 need to stop browsing tumblr and remember the /tg/ principles on which this server was founded.
/tg/ is a SFW board though

I mean yeah people post "elf slave what do" threads all the time, but nudies get removed/banned for.

Edit: Personally I love laughing over ERP logs, but it really doesn't need to be here. Like Dezzmont pointed out, the only purpose is voyeurism, and there are better places to do that anyway. We literally know there are a bunch of underage people here so maybe take it elsewhere.
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #51062

There are no underage people here since this is a 18+ server, and any kid under 18 will be banned according to policies
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #51064

Just because it doesn't "need" to be here doesn't mean it shouldn't be here.

It doesn't hurt anyone, it doesn't upset the round. ERP policy is fine exactly as it is.
OrbisA wrote:There are no underage people here since this is a 18+ server, and any kid under 18 will be banned according to policies
This too.
danno

Post by danno » #51075

if you're trying to argue that ERP isn't as bad as some other things on tg, you're going about this wrong
you don't need to do that
the fact of the matter was that ERP just wasn't a problem
it could get pretty hilarious
it generally just resulted in fun situations for the crew.
Sum Ting Wong

Re: no more ERP

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #51079

I think ERP is ridiculous, I'm fine with it being gone.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #51111

As announced in game, I will start to ignore this policy starting 16/12/2014 17 East time if not one of the head admins that made the rulling clarifies my questions, This doesn't means I will inmediatly go and ERP, I haven't since I created this account, I doubt I will, but I won't held the policy in between of my freedom to roleplay any good damn I want to in a roleplaying game. I will of course, follow all of the other rules that had been presented in a concise and complete way, like the antagonist mass murderboning set by SoS was and all the other rules presented so far.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #51115

OrbisA wrote:As announced in game, I will start to ignore this policy starting 16/12/2014 17 East time if not one of the head admins that made the rulling clarifies my questions, This doesn't means I will inmediatly go and ERP, I haven't since I created this account, I doubt I will, but I won't held the policy in between of my freedom to roleplay any good damn I want to in a roleplaying game. I will of course, follow all of the other rules that had been presented in a concise and complete way, like the antagonist mass murderboning set by SoS was and all the other rules presented so far.
If admins get to be selective about enforcement, than I should be able to be selective about adherence.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #51134

ERP is dumb.

You don't have to like it or agree with our opinions but if we say it goes then it's gone.

ERP is our own version of Goon's piss and shit. We're the only prominent server in spessmens that allows people to do it, only we're not allowing people to do it anymore.

If you can't roleplay having feelings for someone without whipping your space dick out and trying to fuck them then I'm not really surprised that you're trying to use spessmens as a surrogate for real life affection with real people.

As always, the door is right there. If I catch anyone purposely breaking the rule to make some kind of stupid political move I'm going to just permaban you rather than deal with the argument.

That's all there is to be said about it. Continue arguing amongst yourselves but thems the rules.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #51137

An0n3 wrote:If you can't roleplay having feelings for someone without whipping your space dick out and trying to fuck them then I'm not really surprised that you're trying to use spessmens as a surrogate for real life affection with real people.
EVERYONE ITT BTFO
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #51148

Thanks for replying Anon, this was getting ridiculous, but, this is really sad, for two reasons.

First, and foremost, it's really sad that after five pages, I had to set down a clock and scream defiance to make anyone react, I believed headmins were selected to deffuse shit like this.

second, what is it to you if I was using spessmen as surrogate for real life affection with real people? you don't know the circumstances of most if any of the people that play, much less the feelings of said people, otherwise you wouldn't had said something as hurtful and toxic as you just said.

Please remember that we are all fucking human beings, every one of the players you have right now playing in your server, and every admin too.

What you just said hurt me, not becouse you banned ERP, fuck it, let me tell you something, I don't give a flying fuck about it. I just don't want to miss more great players, we already lost Tokiko thanks to the artyom drama, now we are probably miss a good chunk too, becouse, let's face it, it doesn't hurt the game, as many had pointed out before in this thread, it even expands it.

I will continue to obey the rules, as you came before the set time, but, I will probably leave the day all the great people that play here leave, I just don't give a fuck about the adminconspiracy, the map, the pulls, the merges, I just fell in love with the players.

And I think you are making a wrong choice here, please remember that while this is indeed your server, this is our game as well, Yours, mine, theirs, this will break the server again if you don't do something about it.

Also, sorry Fenex, but it looks you will be the last great Erper.