Do xenos born from a human with xeno queen organs have to listen to that human

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Do xenos born from a human with xeno queen organs have to listen to that human

Post by SkeletalElite » #507201

Had this happen last round and ahelped before hand and admin said that his interpretation was that I don't have to listen to the human but I should probably make a policy thread about it after.

I ended up going queen, we ended up dominating the station and ending the round. The warden who laid the eggs got the organs from meaty ores.

So as the thread title says, does the warden have command over the xenos in this situation? In this particular round the admin ruled he didn't and we went on to kill most people including the warden.

Edit: Clarity
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Do xenos born from a human with xeno queen organs have to listen to that human

Post by CPTANT » #507224

Yeah this is something that you can interpret both ways.

Personally I think its cooler if they respect their mother, just like how little ducks imprint their mother immediately after birth.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Do xenos born from a human with xeno queen organs have to listen to that human

Post by terranaut » #507226

they're not a queen but i'd still treat them like a lifegiver and protect them but without any authority
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #507265

Is there any flavortext/indication that their mother is X?

If not I think this requires code changes before we start banning people for not listening to mom (assuming mom can speak xeno).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #507274

Xenomorphs don't listen to their mother, they listen to the Queen. This wouldn't ever make sense in any form.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #507298

Queen should at least do an honorary fight to the death for control over the hive

or they could use poison and shady backstabbing dealings like that

royal feuds
► Show Spoiler
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #507302

I mean you're kind of a dick if you decide to ignore your progenitor, the person that goes through the trouble of birthing a xeno should at least get a loyal companion out of the deal.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #507304

it's a literal xenomorph, it doesn't care about being kind of a dick.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #507316

confused rock wrote:it's a literal xenomorph, it doesn't care about being kind of a dick.
You as a player should probably care about the impact you're having on another persons round.

If somebody goes through significant effort to give you a second lease on life as one of the most overpowered mobs in the game, they probably have a gimmick in mind, or at least have an expectation that you'll interact with them in some meaningful fashion other than fucking off and ignoring them.

Sure, it's sanctioned by the admins, but you're still a dick if you do this.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #507349

Cobby wrote:Is there any flavortext/indication that their mother is X?

If not I think this requires code changes before we start banning people for not listening to mom (assuming mom can speak xeno).
There is absolutely no flavor text for xenos when they spawn. The only thing in the rules about xenos is they must listen to their queen.
The relationship between xeno queen and xeno is treated the same as malf AI and borg, and are considered team antagonists for the purpose of main rule 4. Xenos should prioritize following the directions of their queen where possible.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #507565

We already have enough issues with spiderlings. God forbid we start having antags get loyal xenomorphs and the resulting clusterfuck as the xenos kill their progenitor instead of the rest of the crew. Please no.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #507952

Cobby wrote:Is there any flavortext/indication that their mother is X?

aliens get a "queen sense" thing that points to the queen. it points to nothing if there is no queen. the queen sense doesnt detect the xeno organ human as the queen, nor does xeno organ human prevent any other alien from evolving into queen.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #507954

i don't even listen to my real mom
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #508262

Xenos aren't obliged to not harm a human who made them, but I can imagine the hive as a whole would probably see them as more valuable alive as a human than a real xeno if they're actively doing queen-only things like laying eggs.

I've helped out xenos before as antag and was able to get at least most of them not actively fucking with me. It's a player issue.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #509654

Does a xeno ALWAYS have to take the orders of a xeno queen over those of a human queen? In other words, if mommy and other mommy are having a fight/disagreement, do the xenos HAVE to side with the "xeno" queen, or can they side with the human queen instead?
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #509655

I think it's one of those situations that shouldn't have a hard policy rule and instead allow for RP.

I implanted xeno organs yesterday and made a bunch of xenos. I told them I was their queen and to not make another queen and just protect me. They listened and we had a fun shift.

If some xenomorph became a queen and told them to attack me and they refused, the xenomorphs should not have been punished for breaking "team antag" (no such situation arose obviously).

In general, having some grey space for players to roleplay is a good thing.
Iron, blood and spider armies
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #509668

There is no human queen there’s a queen and abominations that’s like saying “Do I have to obey lizard orders on asimov if the lizard is the robo who made me”
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #509673

Actually, a better question is, is a human with xeno organs still human?

A guy yesterday was screaming at the AI that I was not human because I had xeno organs (incl. egg sack) and the AI responded that it didn't see me perform nonhuman actions so it considered me human still.

I wouldn't have been mad/consider it wrong if the AI de-asimoved me if it saw me laying eggs, but its a good question.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #510227

It's a special organ you've inserted into you, you're not a different species.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #515256

We have agreed that xenos born from humans with xeno queen organs do not have to listen to their orders.

However, you are allowed to see them as a mother of sorts until a queen is established and/or play nice with them.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: