[Deleted] Current State of Policy Discussion

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bobbahbrown

Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Current State of Policy Discussion

Postby bobbahbrown » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:18 am #509832

Policy discussions have generally seen no response from head administrators. On the current first page of policy threads, there are 45 threads, and 38 of them have not seen a headmin response in any capacity. These posts are from the past month, generally.

What will you do about this in your term?

SpacePrius

Byond Username: SpacePrius

Re: Current State of Policy Discussion

Postby SpacePrius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:22 am #509835

Just one post with a reason why it isn't happening is fine. Or if it is a good idea then using the thread as a springboard for community discussion would be good. Then it can be brought up at community meetings later.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 am #509891

I'm not going to lie and say that I will resolve them as quickly as possible or on a determined schedule because many factors weight into this, one of them being that each decision has to be approved by at least two of the headmins and real life as well as other things get in the way.

However, I would like to resolve the ones I consider most important from the past head admin terms and don't let them rust away.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 am #509911

Serious Policy Threads should be addressed by headmins, even if the answer is only a short "no, we're not going to do this because of x".
Simple truth is that headmins have a bunch of things to do that aren't policy threads, and then they probably have a life outside of this game, too.
It would be nice if headmins could arrange with each other that at least one of them reads a given policy thread and offers a ruling to their fellow headmins.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:13 am #509976

Again, incredibly sad state of affairs.

All policy threads should be resolved at the month marker to give the community plenty of time to respond to the thread. It should then be closed with a ruling.

In several cases, a poll will be run first.

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm #510035

The reason this seems to happen is that headmins always seem worried about other things.

For example, the three headmins have to worry about ban appeals, admin complaints, the campaign promises they made to get them elected, admin disputes. So on and so on.

As they're the leaders of the community. I would like to say that this issue would be lessened with me.

I'm a one policy type of guy. So there'd definitively be more time on my plate to get more Policy Discussion answered.

Thanks for the question, bobbahbrown!

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:02 am #510669

I read a FUCK ton of policy mostly for fun. Though I rarely post. I figured I'd just see what the deal is, post my opinion. Policy threads don't have a set time and heck sometimes the conversation goes for weeks.
It's more than enough time for everyone on the team to respond so maybe ask for responses from other headmins and decide if anyone of us/we want to do any changes based on it. Maybe run more polls, because fuck yea polls are awesome
REDACTED
pm for deets

Return to Archived/Deleted