[Deleted] Current State of Ban Appeals

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bobbahbrown

Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Current State of Ban Appeals

Postby bobbahbrown » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:18 am #509833

Ban appeals have been, somewhat frequently recently, left without an indication to the appealing player as to the status of the appeal. There are currently 27 posts in ban appeals, 10 of which have not seen a response from the banning admin. Many have been concluded by the relevant staff, but are awaiting a conclusion from a head admin.

What will you do about this?

SpacePrius

Byond Username: SpacePrius

Re: Current State of Ban Appeals

Postby SpacePrius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:24 am #509838

Admins have a duty to respond to their own ban appeals. Of they don't respond after prodding there needs to be consequences. Honestly having monthly or biweekly "ban benders" would help get rid of backlog.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 am #509892

If an admin doesn't reply to an appeal for a long time (more than a week) then I would contact them asking if it's ok to handle their appeal for them.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

terranaut
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 am #509914

If the banning admin has not responded to the appeal or offered an update (and even if it's just "sorry I'm extremely busy IRL right now I'll respond on the weekend") to the appeal process within a week of thread creation or the last update respectively, then I or another headmin should make a ruling. For cases when this is not possible, for example due to headmins being busy or thinking they cannot make an impartial ruling, then they will hand the appeal process off to another admin willing to go over it and make a ruling at their discretion. In either case the banning admin lost their right to make a ruling due to complacency and they cannot change the ruling that has been made in this case.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:12 am #509975

It is currently atrocious.

Ban appeals will be handled within a week since last reply.

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:59 am #510668

Ping admins more often, probably daily to get them to respond. Handle whatever I could myself and with other headmins since I read the forums a LOT. Make it so game admins can handle more situations. Make it so unless a player explicitly demands a headmin response, game admins can resolve them no issues. MORE FORUM JANNIES MAYBE?
REDACTED
pm for deets

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Postby Karp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:23 pm #513132

if the admin cannot respond to the thread in 2 weeks, the player can lift or leave their own ban. This makes everyone happy.

Return to Archived/Deleted