[Deleted] Gateway

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

wesoda25

Byond Username: Wesoda25

Gateway

Postby wesoda25 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:30 am #509840

What will you do about it.
How Much Does Crushed Stone Delivery Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Relevant: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... stone1.png

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.

1. Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  2. Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to url=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/construction/square-footage-calculator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pPea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.

1. Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  2. Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.

Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Gateway

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 am #509893

Make a vote so players can decide if they want it to stay or not.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 am #509922

Gateway for extended only.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 am #509979

MortoSasye wrote:Make a vote so players can decide if they want it to stay or not.

This basically.

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:41 pm #510038

My thoughts on the gateway are very similar to my thoughts on Lavaland.

Burnt out players use it instead of minor-griefing/full-on griefing other players.

That clown who would have space-lubed you instead of telling jokes? Gone and most likely dead.

That assistant who would have stolen your insulated gloves and pushed you onto a table. Leading into some hefty escalation when neither of you is an antags? Gone but will most likely come out with some loot.

It just relieves some of the heavy population boredom in a good way. Because that population won't ruin a round for another day.

Although. I would hope to alleviate some of this by removing escalation itself.

Thanks for the question, wesoda.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

SpacePrius

Byond Username: SpacePrius

Postby SpacePrius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:33 pm #510092

Gateway is not a headmin problem. This is a coder problem.

Virtual John
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Virtual John

Postby Virtual John » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:01 am #510157

I answered this in my thread, but I'm gonna shut it down, or leave it open for extended only depending on the poll. As it is right now, it serves only to give power gamers their beloved items.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:51 am #510172

a poll sounds about right
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:14 am #510677

Make a poll but from my experience of having the gateway enabled and disabled over the course of many many years.

I think having admins enable some away missions randomly is good if it's turned off. Otherwise, turn it on for a while and let players use the away missions until it gets stale or nobody is making away missions, then turn it off again.
To me, the gateway is best to be used in waves. Also it's great for events too, so that's the plus of letting admins have control over it. I dunno, its a mixed bag I suppose.
REDACTED
pm for deets

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Postby Karp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 pm #513133

it should link to the other server so you can hop over the other server and kill everyone, server v server pvp. Syndicate sybilites vs Bacon Bagilites

Return to Archived/Deleted