[Deleted] arr pee

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bandit
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Bgobandit

arr pee

Postby bandit » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:46 am #509855

Some people have said that tgstation should move toward more of a MRP (medium role play) server. Other people have said that it shouldn't. Others have said that certain servers should have higher RP expectations and others should not. Others have some opinion that isn't included in the above and that I can't be arsed to think of because I'm not running and that's your job.

So, what are your thoughts as to the level of RP the server should, or should not, be moving toward?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: arr pee

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:49 am #509858

As far as my knowledge goes. /TG/ has 3 self-contained systems that allow it to run.

1. MSO. 2. The rules. 3. The code.

I find that if the code and the rules go in different directions. It'll lead to the turmoil that'll make playing this game a terrible nightmare.

If healing takes 30 minutes and will also destroy your vital organs. People should not be constantly finding reasons to punch each other to death.

I believe the rules should re-enforce the said direction the code is heading. Or vice versa. Otherwise, this game will be very agonizing to play.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:36 am #509896

As much as I would love to help make the rules necessary for a medium RP server hosted on one of the new abandoned servers, I don't think it's possible to do it with our current tools.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

terranaut
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:02 am #509907

As someone who's come back after a long hiatus, the change in what was LRP 6-7 years ago and is LRP now is fucking massive. Personally I'd like to snap my fingers and return to the roleplaying standard we used to have.
What's more realistic is turning one of the empty servers into a dedicated RP server with a small set of changed/extra rules where people who want to RP can gather, people who're curious can give it a try and hopefully some of it will trickle back to the other servers and slowly raise the general roleplaying level closer to what it used to be. I'm addressing this specifically in my candidacy thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=23745

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

PostThis post was deleted by Whoneedspacee on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:39 am.
View this post

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:55 am #510663

terranaut wrote:As someone who's come back after a long hiatus, the change in what was LRP 6-7 years ago and is LRP now is fucking massive. Personally I'd like to snap my fingers and return to the roleplaying standard we used to have.

as someone who's been here 7 years straight. Very little has changed to be honest, this is kind of a loaded statement. I don't think /tg/ would work well with medium RP and trying to force it on a playerbase that doesn't want it seems hard if not impossible. That being said, if there's really a massive push for it and admins are willing to try and enforce it on another server, why stop them? I would probably make a poll to see if people were actually interested first on the server instead of just taking the forum's opinion.
REDACTED
pm for deets

Return to Archived/Deleted