[Deleted] felinids

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Arathian

Byond Username: Arathian

felinids

Postby Arathian » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:02 am #509860

Felinid probation is ending this November. If you get elected headmin, what will you try to do?

Remove them without a vote? Add them without a vote? Hold another vote?

What would be your personal best scenario?

It's kinda silly, but a lot of players have cat characters that are dear to them so that's an important question for them.
Iron, blood and spider armies

mikey555

Byond Username: Mikey555

Re: felinids

Postby mikey555 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:05 am #509861

another vote. we must let the people decide what is best for them. they will likely choose horribly and be stuck with their choice, but at least they have the satisfaction of knowing they had a say in the matter
I play as Luke Gadow, full-time spaceman.
Vote me for headmin.

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:05 am #509862

Thanks for the question, Arathian!

Well if I get elected and we get to the issue of Felines.

I will do nothing and will keep them as an old-player mark.

This would be up to my fellow headmins.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:37 am #509897

I would love to re-enable them temporarily so the new players get access to them.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 am #509906

My opinion is that, in roleplay, more freedom of choice leads to more creativity leads to a more fun environment.
However, I recognize that a sizable portion of players is against felinids and admins should uphold player will in Policy questions whenever possible so I'd leave it up to an ingame vote.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

PostThis post was deleted by Whoneedspacee on Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:39 am.
View this post

SpacePrius

Byond Username: SpacePrius

Postby SpacePrius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:29 pm #510087

Vote again, a lot of newer players have voiced their disdain with the result of the previous vote. This one would be a permanent turnoff of the vote gains a 60% majority against.

Virtual John
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Virtual John

Postby Virtual John » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 am #510162

I am currently going by the current vote, which was that people didn't want them. However, we all know this gets voted on each year, so who knows. Maybe people wanna be cat people again.
I'm open to it, but I'm not gonna try to bend the vote to get cats back in.

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 am #510169

they cause too much controversy for my liking. the current compromise we have is perfectly fine. i'm not going to stop the players if they vote again AND want them back in, but i just don't like them personally
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:44 pm #510407

A simple yes or no vote to see if they should be readded, if no the status quo stays.

jcll

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Postby jcll » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm #510458

Yes/no vote. With the phrasing properly thought out this time to remove ambiguity. As well as talking to oranges about adding any other races he might be thinking of but ultimately its his call as the codebase owner.

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:19 am #510582

I agree with the previous, a very straightforward vote.

A previous vote had four options, only one of them included keeping felinids in, the rest promised other races to take their place. When you dangle something like that in front of players, you're stacking the odds against the felinids in the first place.

If people want them out, best to just ask them straight up.

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 am #510687

Conflicted. There's been a few instances where cats were able to be chosen again due to bugs or changing of the configs for a short period of time. Also, the people who wanted cats out of their game still have a fuck ton of legacy cat players running around so they kinda lost that war.

Everyone says they are going to do a vote so sure that I guess. Maybe that will finally put it to bed for real since the last vote sucked kinda. I kinda expect cats to just win though and they are already all over our server to be honest. I like it when cat players wag their tails. If it loses, just keep the status quo as usual or if there's a real push, I guess take them away but I don't really like seeing any side unhappy but I guess someone has to lose in a poll.
REDACTED
pm for deets

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm #512258

Change in Policy since apparently the candidate I thought was doing it wasn't so I might have imagined it

There will be a vote for Cat-girls.

The voting options will be

1. Keep them as an old nerd badge. This ticking time bomb will only get better with features like cat-girl instant death from chocolate.

2. Have them available to be picked every april 4th and then close them again.

This is my stance

Anti-Catgirls are lame. Cat-Girl mains are not epic and they need to watch better anime

Shadowflame out

Edit: I just went slots lower in everyone's poll because this isn't actually significantly pleasing to anyone. Honk.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Postby Karp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:32 pm #513136

we should force everyone to play a disgusting amalgam race that contains a genetic slurry of every species and bodyparts from every species so that every race is equal and we fix the felinid problem

Return to Archived/Deleted