[Deleted] how silly is too silly

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lmwevil

how silly is too silly

Postby lmwevil » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:06 pm #510375

pretty much the title, where do you draw the line in tg (not /tg/ we're evolved beyond that). where do things get serious for you, and where can things stay silly?

jcll
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Re: how silly is too silly

Postby jcll » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:10 pm #510377

I think we need to lighten up a lot. And I have been guilty of the serious bzn attitude.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:35 pm #510385

As long as people remember that at the end of the day this is just a community of people playing a game to pass the time that’s fine to me!

An example would be to not be so serious about jokes but don’t go to the complete other extreme by, say, exposing private information about players to make a joke.
Last edited by MortoSasye on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Postby Stickymayhem » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:35 pm #510386

Anything short of real world harm and harassment is fair play.

Omni Tears

Spoiler:

terranaut
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm #510392

I think my rampant shitposting and the fact that I dress up as monkey when not Silicon should give an idea on my opinion.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm #510411

Silly and weird moments are what makes /tg/station so great. We should encourage more of it.

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:16 pm #510419

I just think that there's no longer any room for silliness to turn into brutal murder.

Codebase is changing and going in a completely different way while the rules are staying stagnant.

With systems like mood, that one change that proposed death giving you a major negative moodlet. The impending cloner removal, and the current harsher medbay change. I believe that it'd be very agonizing to play a game where someones "major silliness" (Basically minor grief.) Causes two players to fight to the death.

Now. I am very aware that this is what makes /tg/ whole. So I'm not proposing to be like "CLOWN YOU CANT LUBE PEOPLE. GREYSHIT YOU CANT TABLE STUN THE ENGINEER AND STEAL THEIR INSULS. MIME YOU CANT FORCE-WALL THE HoP line." What I instead want to see is that instead of all these three roles being completely brutally murdered for it. Like some sort of insane twist of rage. I think the many other options should come into play here.

There's the holodeck, boxing ring, security, head of staff members, and sometimes even a rage cage.

People are dicks and people don't like being dicked around. But murder should be left for the antagonists with the active goal of trying to bring this station down.

Minor grief and "major silliness" do have a place here ultimately. It's just time we change the way they've been relieved in /tg/ before the rules and codebase drift to a point that what we've been doing isn't going to be enjoyable at all for anyone.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:19 am #510679

I think sticky is too silly. jcll is probably too serious. I used to be too serious and I managed to unlodge the stick up my ass a little bit.
Somewhere in the middle is nice. I really like justicegoat's attitude about the entire server and everyone should be as chill and cool as he is to be honest.
(I admin with justice a lot)
REDACTED
pm for deets

Return to Archived/Deleted