[Deleted] Transparency between headmins/admins

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

bandit
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Bgobandit

Transparency between headmins/admins

Postby bandit » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:56 pm #510537

Transparency between the admins and the playerbase, as well as the headmins and the admins, is a perennial issue in any administration and I'll leave it at that. What are your thoughts as to the level of transparency? Does it need to be increased or decreased?

EDIT: Narrowed the scope because this thread covers the other one viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23747
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Transparency between headmins/admins

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:03 pm #510541

I think there should be essentially a thin blanket level of transparency.

The only thing admins should be trying to hide from the community is verification attempts of the 18+ rule. So they don't end up Doxing people.

Otherwise, headmins just confirm and collaborate on policy, and admin complaints.

I think it'd be more beneficial to get even more previous headmin input. IE game-masters.

I wouldn't know if that is how it currently works though, as I'm not a /tg/ admin.

Thanks for the question, Bgobandit.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Plapatin

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
Byond Username: Plapatin

Postby Plapatin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:13 pm #510548

i agree with my husband
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine

Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Hulkamania

Postby Hulkamania » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:54 pm #510567

In the last term I think we did a really good job of bringing headmin-bus discussions into admin-bus and beyond. Headmin-bus was on a day-to-day basis unused apart from us voting on things, and even sometimes that was done in the open.

It's worth noting that if a conversation is particularly controversial or is causing a lot of argument, it's not that hiding in headmin-bus was done on purpose, more that after you reach a critical mass it's hard to talk about the actual decision when so many people are getting fired up about something.

It's worth noting I toyed with bringing admin conversations into admin-auditorium on a couple occasions, although I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the peanut gallery horde given the subject matter at hand.

terranaut
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 am #510647

I'm generally in favor of more transparency, this included.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:43 am #510691

Hulkamania wrote:In the last term I think we did a really good job of bringing headmin-bus discussions into admin-bus and beyond. Headmin-bus was on a day-to-day basis unused apart from us voting on things, and even sometimes that was done in the open.

Thank you! I hella appreciate this and I was a massive pusher for this to happen (administration forum thread). I got a bit salty that conversation seemed to be drifting away from adminbus completely and I'm glad it was brought back. Whenever a big decision isn't brought up in the bus, stupid shit tends to happen. mod edit: removed references to people, keep it generalised please

It's worth noting I toyed with bringing admin conversations into admin-auditorium on a couple occasions, although I ultimately decided it wasn't worth the peanut gallery horde given the subject matter at hand.

Could give making a dedicated discord channel a try, a better 1 to 1 for nothing but policy and the like between everyone. Unsure if a dedicated channel will have an effect. I know channels concerning code matters tend to have good discussion about code from the servers I"m in.
REDACTED
pm for deets

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 am #510715

terranaut wrote:I'm generally in favor of more transparency, this included.

Virtual John
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Virtual John

Postby Virtual John » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:25 pm #510805

Yeah, transparency is good. Admins are admins because they have been trusted with monitoring and upholding rules in the server. If you don't trust those same admins with info and not blab about it, then they shouldn't be there.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 am #510992

I would happily discuss most topics in admin bus as long as sensitive information isn’t involved in which a player or administrator would be affected. Because let’s be honest, there’s no reason to hide such things if it won’t cause issues to any member of TG.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Return to Archived/Deleted