[Deleted] regarding oranges

Resolved.

Moderator: Board Moderators

lmwevil
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Lmwevil

regarding oranges

Postby lmwevil » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:15 am #510900

headmin-anon. once upon a time Nervere said some pretty rough things.

do you think absolute separation is the way to continue? what are your thoughts on oranges the based fruit?

if you hate the fruit can you still handle him being such an influential community member?

are you okay with him being the electoral manager?

let me be clear THIS IS NOT A SHIT ON ORANGES thread, but rather an important insight as how you view one of the pillars of the community

edit: i'd appreciate you be as honest as possible, and i hope this thread doesn't get canned

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: regarding oranges

Postby terranaut » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:18 am #510962

I've butted heads with him before and probably will again no matter my position in this community. I said somewhere in my thread talking to Ari that ultimately, the codebase is oranges. It follows that I have no intention to tell him what to do and how to do it; if that were my intent I'd learn to code, juice him and become maintainer myself.
However like admins there needs to be a certain level of accountability and big, gamechanging PRs like cobbychem should be testmerged and voted over; it's both my own opinion and perception of the general opinion of the playerbase that cobbychem is unpopular at best. While oranges is in charge of the code, headmins are in charge of policy, both of which are aspects of our games design and direction and the idea of 'absolute seperation' in this regard is hilariously silly and just an example of the left hand being unaware of what the right hand does when instead they should share information and work together.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Postby Dax Dupont » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:35 am #510977

Me and oranges often don't agree but I recognize the passion he has for the game and the community. He's essential to the code base but needs to be calmed down at times.

MortoSasye

Byond Username: MortoSasye

Postby MortoSasye » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:26 am #510998

I don’t think the codebase and the administration should be separated since we’re in the same community of people that love this game. Oranges is a good person, even if a bit stubborn at times.

I’m perfectly fine with him being an electoral manager since he isn’t biased towards anyone and he’s a trustworthy person.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
DICK PILLS HERE
NSFW:

Shadowflame909

Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Postby Shadowflame909 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:45 am #511241

We should move towards code-base and rule synchronization. So we don't end up trying to play two different games at once giving everyone horrible headaches.

Oranges is alright. They're honest, outspoken and angry.

I can relate.

Spoiler:

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.

Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.

BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909

Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Karp

Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Postby Karp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 pm #513139

I think we should juice citrusgender and leave oranges so everyone can have the taste of orange in their mouth and understand his decisionmaking

Return to Archived/Deleted