no more ERP

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

no more ERP

Post by Hornygranny » #50410

Bottom post of the previous page:

We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis. Thank you for your cooperation.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Re: no more ERP

Post by OrbisA » #51148

Thanks for replying Anon, this was getting ridiculous, but, this is really sad, for two reasons.

First, and foremost, it's really sad that after five pages, I had to set down a clock and scream defiance to make anyone react, I believed headmins were selected to deffuse shit like this.

second, what is it to you if I was using spessmen as surrogate for real life affection with real people? you don't know the circumstances of most if any of the people that play, much less the feelings of said people, otherwise you wouldn't had said something as hurtful and toxic as you just said.

Please remember that we are all fucking human beings, every one of the players you have right now playing in your server, and every admin too.

What you just said hurt me, not becouse you banned ERP, fuck it, let me tell you something, I don't give a flying fuck about it. I just don't want to miss more great players, we already lost Tokiko thanks to the artyom drama, now we are probably miss a good chunk too, becouse, let's face it, it doesn't hurt the game, as many had pointed out before in this thread, it even expands it.

I will continue to obey the rules, as you came before the set time, but, I will probably leave the day all the great people that play here leave, I just don't give a fuck about the adminconspiracy, the map, the pulls, the merges, I just fell in love with the players.

And I think you are making a wrong choice here, please remember that while this is indeed your server, this is our game as well, Yours, mine, theirs, this will break the server again if you don't do something about it.

Also, sorry Fenex, but it looks you will be the last great Erper.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #51150

OrbisA wrote:As announced in game, I will start to ignore this policy starting 16/12/2014 17 East time if not one of the head admins that made the rulling clarifies my questions.
Loonikus wrote:If admins get to be selective about enforcement, than I should be able to be selective about adherence.
And that's how you forfeit your first warning for things. Congrats.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #51151

>he thinks I only replied to this thread because of something he said

Literally who?

I had a moment in between studying for finals and decided to check in on how this mess was progressing. Get over yourself. We all have our own ideas about what makes a great player. You, me, and everyone else has their own idea.

Your idea of "breaking the server" is mine and others idea of fixing it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #51155

Then I hope I am mistaken, what can I say? Good luck with your exams.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #51161

I think I got the solution for this while the ban is in effect, erpers could use a tinychat link and that would create a temporal chatroom. It also has a logs feature so Iteq could still collect the logs. Would that be okay?
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #51170

I'm not sure offering virtual blowjobs is the best way to protest this.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #51172

I've said this before, but I'll say it again - I personally believe that ERP is generally pointless. However, it can and does lead to some funny situations when we inevitably stumble across it inadvertently.

Just throw ERPers in the permabrig, is what I'm thinking. Let it become a wretched hive of debauchery.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #51173

And have another shitty law for security that is never enforced? We have enough of those.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #51181

if you're here to argue why putting your dick in a virtual spacemen is important you're also doing this wrong
it's just hilarious

the recent situation with frostfenex cements my opinion about this for good. erp is way too fucking funny to make a big deal over.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #51184

I'm pretty sure they're banning it because it has tended to stigmatize other forms of serious roleplay by association and not because they're taking it 100% seriously
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #51186

There is a lot that can potentially be said about this

But I'm going to just post this
Spoiler:
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #51197

An0n3 wrote:ERP is dumb.

You don't have to like it or agree with our opinions but if we say it goes then it's gone.

If you can't roleplay having feelings for someone without whipping your space dick out and trying to fuck them then I'm not really surprised that you're trying to use spessmens as a surrogate for real life affection with real people.

As always, the door is right there. If I catch anyone purposely breaking the rule to make some kind of stupid political move I'm going to just permaban you rather than deal with the argument.

That's all there is to be said about it. Continue arguing amongst yourselves but thems the rules.
Someone's getting awfully defensive when most people are just asking a simple question "why?". Yes, yes, we know you make the rules, no need get scared by this.
An0n3 wrote:ERP is our own version of Goon's piss and shit. We're the only prominent server in spessmens that allows people to do it, only we're not allowing people to do it anymore.
So the main reason behind this rule is "because other servers do it too"?

I would understand it if it was really a problem but I've encountered it EXTREMELY rarely, and even if I did encounter it, it wouldn't have bothered me unless it somehow really disturbed the round.

This only affects 0,001% of the server's population, so this is more about someone's principles (I'm guessing HG). Why do you find sex in a 18-rated server so disgusting and unnatural? Especially when killing other human beings is the main driving force of the game.

It's like if you guys suddenly decided that "roleplaying taking a shit is now banned, because on other servers it's banned plus we find it disgusting". Okay, most people won't miss taking rp-poops, only very few people took rp-poops in the first place but now we're all just wondering now "what... why?".
Who in the headmin-group cares so much that he had to outright ban it? This is just screwing with a few players who did it and I'd say let them have their thing, they're not hurting anybody... except the one headmin who cares way too much. And that should be his/her problem, not other's.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #51210

Hand me down policy, chasing that beguiling light of envied other servers. I mean why self improve when you could copy.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #51224

kosmos wrote:I would understand it if it was really a problem but I've encountered it EXTREMELY rarely, and even if I did encounter it, it wouldn't have bothered me unless it somehow really disturbed the round.

This only affects 0,001% of the server's population, so this is more about someone's principles (I'm guessing HG). Why do you find sex in a 18-rated server so disgusting and unnatural? Especially when killing other human beings is the main driving force of the game.

It's like if you guys suddenly decided that "roleplaying taking a shit is now banned, because on other servers it's banned plus we find it disgusting". Okay, most people won't miss taking rp-poops, only very few people took rp-poops in the first place but now we're all just wondering now "what... why?".
Who in the headmin-group cares so much that he had to outright ban it? This is just screwing with a few players who did it and I'd say let them have their thing, they're not hurting anybody... except the one headmin who cares way too much. And that should be his/her problem, not other's.
im going to strawman your argument and say that because call of duty: advanced warfare is rated M, it should have a private chatroom element that is specifically made for people to cyber with eachother.
i mean, it's an 18-rated game where killing other humans is the main driving force of game progression.
no, sorry, just because you CAN do it doesnt mean you SHOULD. if you want to buss nuts to cahtoons spacemen, do it on your own time, not in a public setting. i know that you care so much about your right to suck dick but understand that just because youre "not hurting anyone" doesnt mean it isnt inappropriate and stupid. you provided a great example of something similar yourself: roleplaying taking a shit. i mean, aside from the obvious question of who the FUCK would do that, do you really think that's something we should be promoting on the server? taking shits? stop and think about that for a moment. you are not only arguing for people's rights to log onto a video game on a public server, spawn in as their character, and proceed to have cybersex with someone; you're arguing for their right to roleplay taking a shit.
yeah, because when i decide i want to play a video game in a mild rp setting, the first thing i check off my list of potential candidates is whether you can type out a long paragraph about your character taking a shit. while sucking dick.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #51231

ERP doesn't only affect the involved parties, it affects dead chat.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #51236

I'd be pretty amused if I saw a guy roleplay taking a shit. Not because defecating itself is amusing, but because who the fuck is going to do that in a game about space traitors. So basically it would be amusing from an OOC standpoint. And ERP amusement factor is basically the same.

Then I thought about the whole situation a bit more (like half a second) and now I agree with
paprika wrote:I'm pretty sure they're banning it because it has tended to stigmatize other forms of serious roleplay by association and not because they're taking it 100% seriously
for some reason.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #51250

Deadchat can toggle their eyes and ears.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #51253

miggles wrote:
kosmos wrote:I would understand it if it was really a problem but I've encountered it EXTREMELY rarely, and even if I did encounter it, it wouldn't have bothered me unless it somehow really disturbed the round.

im going to strawman your argument and say that because call of duty: advanced warfare is rated M, it should have a private chatroom element that is specifically made for people to cyber with eachother.
i mean, it's an 18-rated game where killing other humans is the main driving force of game progression.
no, sorry, just because you CAN do it doesnt mean you SHOULD. if you want to buss nuts to cahtoons spacemen, do it on your own time, not in a public setting. i know that you care so much about your right to suck dick but understand that just because youre "not hurting anyone" doesnt mean it isnt inappropriate and stupid. you provided a great example of something similar yourself: roleplaying taking a shit. i mean, aside from the obvious question of who the FUCK would do that, do you really think that's something we should be promoting on the server? taking shits? stop and think about that for a moment. you are not only arguing for people's rights to log onto a video game on a public server, spawn in as their character, and proceed to have cybersex with someone; you're arguing for their right to roleplay taking a shit.
yeah, because when i decide i want to play a video game in a mild rp setting, the first thing i check off my list of potential candidates is whether you can type out a long paragraph about your character taking a shit. while sucking dick.
Tgstation isn't all about killing people and completing objectives, it's more a game of cunning and manipulation, and guess what, nothing has more manipulative potential than sex. You remove sex, you remove an important and interesting side of roleplay that adds something to the game. Roleplaying taking a shit adds nothing to the game.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #51255

miggles wrote:i know that you care so much about your right to suck dick but understand that just because you're "not hurting anyone" doesn't mean it isn't inappropriate and stupid.
Personal assaults aside, I could argue back that just because you think it's "inappropriate and stupid" doesn't mean that it's hurting someone. We are all adults and should be able to cope with inappropriate and stupid things in the game. Especially one as natural as sex (and hugs, kisses, and other signs of affection and love).
miggles wrote:you provided a great example of something similar yourself: roleplaying taking a shit. i mean, aside from the obvious question of who the FUCK would do that, do you really think that's something we should be promoting on the server?
We were not promoting anything. Allowing something =/= promoting it. We should just keep a neutral attitude towards it, much like we do right now with rp-pooping (which was the main point of the example). By your logic we should also make a separate ban against rp-pooping right now because "who the FUCK would do that, it's inappropriate and stupid".

There's the same miniscule amount of people doing erp and rp-pooping, and the same miniscule amount of rounds they both ruin. ...Or at least I haven't witnessed any in 2-3 years of playing.
MisterPerson wrote:ERP doesn't only affect the involved parties, it affects dead chat.
But here is a good point I hadn't thought of. But isn't dead chat kind of separate from the game/round itself and nothing valuable is lost if people get distracted by erp there?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #51259

Incomptinence wrote:Hand me down policy, chasing that beguiling light of envied other servers. I mean why self improve when you could copy.
"other servers banned erp so we can't or we're copying them"
incomptinence does it again!
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #51265

Is ironic/comedy clown antics that resemble ERP allowed?
Example: "Cluwne slowly extends his banana, and begins honking intensely."
I play Boris Pepper.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #51269

Hm.
Thinking about it proposing ERP ICly was a fun thing to do if you were a ling. You could have someone guaranteedly alone and on the ground, after all.

That rambling aside, I've caught up on the last few pages of the thread and I still don't get why such a big deal is being made, or how it could have become enough of a problem to provoke the banhammer in the first place.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51276

ERP causes a ton of dumb drama we don't need.

It also invites a special brand of idiot onto the server because they can't ERP anywhere else. We've been branded as the server where everyone has sex with eachother because of a few shitheads impaling themselves on eachother's dicks.
It's one of the reasons we've had to have the 18+ age policy.

This server was never setup as a bastion of freespeech and a cool place to come roleplay trying to put your dick inside a pretend lady. It was just something we tolerated because sometimes randomly it was funny to watch people try and get fucked up by antagonists or admins.

We're older now. We've grown out of it. We've seen dumb ERP pals fuck up everything from single rounds to entire headmin administrations. We're done with it here. Take it somewhere else or get forcefully taken somewhere else.

Like Pap said we're not going to burden sec or whoever with handling it ICly. We're not going to try to make it someone else's problem. You simply can't do it. Don't do it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #51278

I have never seen ERP cause dumb drama, except by people who would cause drama regardless of ERP being allowed or not. Shit players will continue to be shit. Pr drama caused by people who think ERP is "immature" and that they are above it. Who cares? Its a game. Nobody is laughing behind your back because you allow people to have pretend sex for fun. Hell, banning it will just GIVE people reason to laugh.

So they cause trouble sometimes? Its pretty damn rare for them to screw over a round. Certainly not common enough to ban it. Certainly not enough to ban it without asking the playerbase if they wanted it banned.

Once again its a case of a few people pushing their opinions on others.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51279

Yeah it's a game.

It's not secondlife, it's not chatroullette. It's not a dating service for people who like free to play games on robust scripting engines.

Take it elsewhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51284

I wasn't seriously ERP'ing!

I was only doing it

IRONICALLY
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #51285

An0n3 wrote:Yeah it's a game.

It's not secondlife, it's not chatroullette. It's not a dating service for people who like free to play games on robust scripting engines.

Take it elsewhere.
Nobody plays SS13 and ERPs because it actually turns them on. They do it for fun. Because its funny to see how far people will go, or how others react. Nobody is stilling in their rooms masturbating to pixelated SS13 porn. You are taking ERP way too seriously.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51286

I'm not the one complaining when he's told he can't do it any more.

If it's not something people should take seriously why care at all?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #51289

An0n3 wrote:I'm not the one complaining when he's told he can't do it any more.

If it's not something people should take seriously why care at all?
I have never done anything involving ERP. Just because i dont ERP, doesnt mean i should say nothing when you feel the need to ban it for no reason other than you dont like it. Im not the one trying to push my personal opinions onto a community of players, most of which couldnt care less if people ERP.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51291

>no reason other than you don't like it

Are you new here or just purposely having a selective memory?

We've pointed out it's distracting, it gives us an undeserved reputation, it's because of shit like that we're supposed to ban anyone under 18, it causes drama and weird favoritism, typing out sex chats has nothing to do with the game itself, it's not the kind of content we want to foster here...

ETC. ETC. ETC.
Alex Crimson wrote:Im not the one trying to push my personal opinions onto a community of players, most of which couldnt care less if people ERP.

Pushing your own opinion, that ERP does no harm and belongs here, is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. You're so full of shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #51293

You havent pointed out anything. You say its distracting and is giving you a bad rep, but you havent shown a single instance of that claim being true. Its no more distracting than anything else on the server. If players want to abandon their jobs, then they will do it regardless of their desire to ERP.

Whenever i see /tg/ mentioned, its usually people calling a it a nice relaxed low-level RP experience with a close community and friendly to newcomers who follow the rules, which are laxer than other servers. Not that its a shithole of sex-crazed old men who spend more time shoving their dicks in eachother than actually doing their jobs.

If you can show me that ERP actively causes harm to the community, then id be fine with the ban. Actual examples of ERP hurting the server. So far, we have been given nothing but "ERP is bad, it banned now".
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #51294

sos told me erping is allowed in the PDA chatroom
i'm satisfied, guys
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51306

Funny how that works but US server = US rules.

It aint about what I think is age appropriate or not. Pay attention.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51309

Alex Crimson wrote:-snip-
Three out of four people empowered to make the decision are comfortable changing things this way. We don't want to endorse or allow that kind of behavior in the game anymore. We have reasons, but if they're not good enough for you or not justified enough for you that actually doesn't matter at all.

Tough luck Chuck.

EDIT: A great indicator of what a useless enterprise this is how people keep messaging me and sending me pastebins of horrible ERP logs and saying "How can you ban ERP now we'll never get comedy gold like this"

and that's it right there. There are two perspectives on keeping ERP:

1) You're an enthusiastic ERP'er and it actually means something to you in some weird way

2) You're one of the people who laughs and ridicules the first groupand losing ERP means less weirdos for you to laugh at
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #51314

Exactly the kind of response i expected, because its the truth. ERP is fine, its just that 3 out of 4 people who have the ability to remove it decided to do so. There is no reason other than you dont want to allow it.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #51343

Guys there's the reason why they removed ERP:

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6415
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #51345

Fucking hell Anon I expected better of you. You are acting really fucking hostile over this for some reason. I have never ERP'd in my life. I probably never will but I dont see the point in banning it when it is hilarious to watch/see.

>It causes distraction
Not really.

>Gives us an undeserved reputation
What? I have never even heard it mentioned when talking about /tg/station.

>Having to ban anyone under the age of 18
I dont see this as a bad thing. Most of my experiences with underage gamers has been poor at best. Especially on something like ss13 that requires people to act out a role. Even though we have moved away from it I still see this as /tg/station. The server that was formed from that 18+ only board on 4chins.

>It causes drama and weird favoritism
Admins shouldnt be ERPing. If you have a problem with favoritism change the rule of metafriending. Drama isnt even worth mentioning since it pales in comparison to any drama caused by mechanics changes to the game.

Please anon I understand you dont agree with us and it may feel like you are getting attacked but some of us just see this as another needless rule shoved on us without any community involvement. Yes this isnt a democracy but treating a community like that WILL drive off players. HG handled this poorly by just slamming a global thread up with this announcement and locking it. He knew it would be controversial or downright hated but rather than deal with us he just locks his thread and fucks off. You seem to be the face of the headmins as you are the only one that is willing to actually talk to us. Yet here I find you getting pissy with us and treating us like badguys because we dont like a rule change that was foisted on us without any discussion or warning. Not to mention it was thrown up around the same time as another controversial rule that players are contesting.

>Pushing your own opinion, that ERP does no harm and belongs here, is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. You're so full of shit.
Anon YOU and the other headmins are the one making the change. That means YOU are foisting your opinion on us. Had you asked the community first and gotten approval for this rule change then you would be able to argue that.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51356

Alex Crimson wrote:Exactly the kind of response i expected, because its the truth. ERP is fine, its just that 3 out of 4 people who have the ability to remove it decided to do so. There is no reason other than you dont want to allow it.

I just gave you multiple reasons why but you've blithely decided none of them are good enough for you.

I apparently need to remind you what you think is justified or not doesn't actually matter in terms of what rules get made. The people who get to make those decisions, myself included, have looked at the history of this station and decided we don't need to be doing this one thing anymore.

We don't need to convince you if it's right or not. Do I also need to remind you that nobody is forcing you to play here?

If your new inability to touch your dicks together is ruining the game for you I'm sure they have room for you on Vore station.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #51359

soulgamer wrote: >Pushing your own opinion, that ERP does no harm and belongs here, is EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. You're so full of shit.
Anon YOU and the other headmins are the one making the change. That means YOU are foisting your opinion on us. Had you asked the community first and gotten approval for this rule change then you would be able to argue that.
Nobody is contesting that this rule change is getting forced. There really isn't any point in stating that fact as I'm highly confident the headmins are aware.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #51361

An0n3 wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:Exactly the kind of response i expected, because its the truth. ERP is fine, its just that 3 out of 4 people who have the ability to remove it decided to do so. There is no reason other than you dont want to allow it.

I just gave you multiple reasons why but you've blithely decided none of them are good enough for you.

I apparently need to remind you what you think is justified or not doesn't actually matter in terms of what rules get made. The people who get to make those decisions, myself included, have looked at the history of this station and decided we don't need to be doing this one thing anymore.

We don't need to convince you if it's right or not. Do I also need to remind you that nobody is forcing you to play here?

If your new inability to touch your dicks together is ruining the game for you I'm sure they have room for you on Vore station.
You did give a bunch of reasons, but no examples. There isnt much basis for trust here when your motives appear to be personal rather than for the good of the server. As i said, if you can actually provide evidence of ERP destroying the server then id be fine with the change. But hey, if you would rather be passive aggressive and tell me to dealwithit.jpg or leave, then whatever.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #51363

I don't want to play with people under 18 tbh
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 » #51366

It used to happen a lot. Lizard Mario was a big example where an admin was involved. Countless meta-friendships had an ERP component. I have the old forums archived but they're text files so it's a pain to go through, but trust me ERP has been the cause of a lot of controversies.

That doesn't mean it necessarily has to go, but you were asking for "any examples". Maybe it's less of an issue now, I dunno, I rarely play anymore.

I just don't see any purpose to it, at all. If people want to have ironically gross makeouts, there are better places like IRC or Second Life. If people want to actually get their rocks off, there are better places like IRC or Second Life. The only reason to do it here is, well, to do it here. Why does it need to be here, specifically?

Since someone brought up our /tg/ roots, ERPers are like "that guy" who inserts fetishes (even ironically) when everyone else just wants to game and roleplay. Except it's become common and accepted, so it's really not anyone's fault for joining in... But it's still gross and distracting from the actual game. The most mature tabletop gamers use fade-to-black. It acknowledges that sex is a normal thing that happens between people, but spares everyone at the table the awkwardness of sopping holes and tongue gymnastics - which add nothing of value.

(Again, /tg/ is a safe for work board. Adult themes are heavily discussed, but you don't see people actually ERPing or posting full nudity without moderator intervention)

And the 18+ thing is obviously untrue. We've had underage *admins*, I'm sure we still do, and who knows how many underage players. Just because we cover our asses legally doesn't change reality.

Flirting, kissing, backrubs, I'm sure that stuff is all fine still (though watch the meta-friendships). Just don't do anything you wouldn't do at a table of 16-year-old DND players. Even if they say they're 18 and *wink*. Fuck, I didn't mean to make the situation that disturbing, but it's basically what is happening.
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #51369

What about comical ERP where people does it for the laugh factor?

Either way I find this rule quite shitty. I know this isn't BestRP but erotic roleplay is part of normal RP and as said a few hundreds of times, part of relationship with other 2d spessman
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #51371

Grazyn wrote:Guys there's the reason why they removed ERP:

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6415
Oh god why
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #51379

Now it all falls together.

Yeah.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51412

Earthykiller127 wrote:Image
What about comical ERP where people does it for the laugh factor?

Either way I find this rule quite shitty. I know this isn't BestRP but erotic roleplay is part of normal RP and as said a few hundreds of times, part of relationship with other 2d spessman
>Byond username BDSMfan45

I'm sure there's a lot of things you think are parts of normal RP and normal relationships we don't want to see happen on the server.

Like Rolan said we're not trying to prevent you from goofing around with other players, just telling you to take it somewhere more private than the server.

It bears repeating but you can easily roleplay having a relationship or feelings for another spessmen without trying to fuck them. How often do you go outside and see people wandering around their places of business fucking the shit out of eachother because they just care so deeply about one another? You guys need a reality check, ERP is bottom-tier in terms of roleplay and acting. How many major motion pictures and plays have you seen in the last decade that had to include graphic sex scenes in order to get the point across that "these two characters are in love"?

The excuse that "it's natural because we care about eachother" doesn't work here.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #51415

I won't really miss ERP as much as I'll miss:

Pugington the Safe Sex Pug
CONDOM MAN
Ghost of Christmas Sex
People becoming pregnant (with xenos) from ERP
Every ghost on the station surrounding ERPers
Angsty sex-deprived women cutting their own nipples off

And many other fun things that came from fucking with ERPers
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #51416

Anon here's the thing.
You guys fixed a non-problem. ERP wasn't a problem, it isn't as common as people make it out to be and when it happens it's fucking hilarious.
It allows me to do stuff like:
https://soundcloud.com/colonicacid/erp- ... ks-bogaloo
and
https://soundcloud.com/colonicacid/erplogs
(thank maccus for the voiceovers niggas)
Heck I would say making fun of ERPers IC and OOC is part of our servers culture, compare it to other places we have it pretty damn controlled. This was a fix to a non existent problem and all you are doing is limiting our choices for no reason.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #51417

Didn't drama from the wintermote thing stem from ERP? Or am I remembering that wrong.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #51420

Treating us like shit because you're making a change that we think is needless is a dick move.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #51422

oranges wrote:Treating us like shit because you're making a change that we think is needless is a dick move.
That goes both ways.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: