Making machines that consume large amounts of power for their benefitial function.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
InsightfulParasite
Byond Username: InsightfulParasite

Making machines that consume large amounts of power for their benefitial function.

Post by InsightfulParasite » #513739

Hello
So is there currently any point to making the SM generate greater amounts of power? I dont really see a point and currently all power sources other than solars seem like methods of destroying the station. I suppose greater amounts of machines or lights in a area would consume more power but i dont think we have any machines that actually consume a large amount of power to provide a benefit to the station.
This is more of a suggestion rather than a idea. Ive heard people complaining about cloning so you could make cloning cost more power.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: Making machines that consume large amounts of power for their benefitial function.

Post by Kryson » #513870

1. Increase drain from current machines / decrease output

2. Make plumbing integrated electrolysis machines that draw power to produce oxygen, hydrogen, chlorine etc.

3. Make the gateway require huge amounts of power to keep open. Make it so you can open gateways to more exotic locations with extreme amounts of power.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Making machines that consume large amounts of power for their benefitial function.

Post by Reyn » #513973

The only reason i see people make the sm generate more power is an excuse for them to Cary over 1000 fucking rads on their person and waltz into medbay, killing everyone in the process.

Not to mention power's already fucky as it is without making a SM overclock required
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?