Votes are in: RP Server Declared winner

General SS13 Chat
MGP
Byond Username: PME

Votes are in: RP Server Declared winner

Post by MGP » #514043

Platapin, Terranaut, and Virtual John all campaigned on changing the ever empty Sybil 2 into an RP server. Their cumulative vote value sums to 1924, nearly the same as the two winners combined. Both Hulk and Morto as far as I have seen have remained neutral on this topic in their threads. They should have no objection to this then. I am sure Sybil 2 and their regular five players can find another server to play on. What do you say ADMINS?
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Re: Votes are in: RP Server Declared winner

Post by SaveVatznick » #514046

at least have the decency to make this thread in the Hut.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
MGP

Post by MGP » #514062

Well, I don't post here often and didn't know what that was until you mentioned it. Someone can move it if they like.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #514074

So, what you need for this to happen are at least following;
Written rules for said server.
Admins to run said server.

You can't just assume it happens, you have to work for it. Get in touch with your candidates and have them work with you.
This doesn't just happen because votes happened, either of them could have been vote fishing and did not actually work on it seriously.
If no work has been done, there is no RP server.

Effort has to be put in, work has to happen.
That being said, Ask all headmins in PMs do they oppose it.
I don't think they will, not on principle anyway.
But there has to be people they trust to run it who are invested in it.

This might have even more problems to it in implementation that have to be solved before it mystically appears.
Stop acting entitled and do the work.
signnatrire
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #514092

Every server is an rp server dingos
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514133

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Every server is an rp server dingos
Sure, to a point, you make your RP where it happens on SS13.
But both those candidates ran on "make a MedRP dedicated server" so i'm guessing that's the exact point he's chasing.
Dunno why, he doesn't seem to be a person who would enjoy medrp in the slightest. He's mostly just seems to be chasing a reason to hate on morto due to voters "white knighting" on the bird, apparently.
I suggested he take this seriously on bagel OOC and discuss it at length and contact both those candidates and headmins via PMs, he made a targeted shitpost in general instead so...

Anyway, it is a good suggestion those two had and if someone actually works on it, fine by me, TG could use more flavortext on items and "lore" on things. Everyone knows what "bluespace part replacer" does since they use it and don't question it but WHAT THE FUCK IS IT BESIDES BAG OF HOLDING EXPY WITH MAGICAL SCREWDRIVER is unclear to me and i'm guessing everyone else too. Even Super Matter is just a "magical fucking crystal i don't fucking know". MedRp could be a helpful little project to deepen TG even if it doesn't gather players to it. So it's a good thing to work towards, nobody just seems to care that much besides dis guy, even the candidates have gone hush hush about it but nothing happens instantly so it could be on the works.

Trying to re-rail here. Salvage it. Uh.
signnatrire
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #514141

every server is high rp if you're brave enough
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #514143

IkeTG wrote:every server is high rp if you're brave enough
► Show Spoiler
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #514147

[Common] Randy Randy says, : HEY SO WHAT ANTAGS DO WE HAVE
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514176

IkeTG wrote:every server is high rp if you're brave enough
If you have enough catgirl metafriends.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514212

Sandshark808 wrote: catgirl metafriends.
I categorically deny existence of catgirl metagangs on bagil.
Every catgirl hates each others guts thanks to Pepper and Kat existing and making everyone's existence cancer with HEWWO shit so we suffer from catardation just as much as you do, having *wag emote that's the only thing we have left to enjoy since people like HEWWO IT IS I SUICEDARONI made it intolerable to be one.
Fuck it was fine before that retard duo showed up and pretended being fucking retarded is a requirement to have a tail, I was fine with death threats and catgirl purges and being valid on "nyaa~". That's just life on station. But now everyone automatically assumes catgirls are supposed to be retarded by default since those two wont stop the fucking dick move of screaming "I AM A RETARD" on common constantly and acting retarded shitfaggots rest of the time. If ban appeals existed that's two people who would be on immediate list to have catrights removed from right after prompt rule 0 permaban.

Then those faggots pretend they can be friends after that BS. Fuck em. Fuck em right in the brain with powertools.
Catgirl metagangs are a myth on bagil and every nice and personable ca/tg/irl who can hold a discussion stops playing on bagil thanks to those two since it's fucking intolerable to be associated with that shit. Fuck, neither of them can even hold a conversation ICly beyond "HEWWO IT IS I" or idioticclly repeating the same thing over and over and then fucking off to do that to someone else like fucking literal simplemobs.
State of arpee.
Quality controlled tails when.
Tarchonvaagh wrote:[Common] Randy Randy says, : HEY SO WHAT ANTAGS DO WE HAVE
[Common] Andy Antag says, : CALL THE SHUTTLE SO I CAN GO TAKE A SHIT 15 MINUTES IS TOO LONG I HAVE DESWORD LOL

Thankfully that's below the current state but it's not far off. It's hovering just above that. And that's fukken fine to me, RP happens not on common anyway. Listening to radio is optional, toss your headset.
signnatrire
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #514218

Adding an rp server has the implication the other servers aren’t. Most accurate term for y’all is losers
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #514230

Confused rock more like confused glacier cuz he's ice cold
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #514254

do it
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Nalzul
Byond Username: Blargety

Post by Nalzul » #514278

Reeeee wrote:snip
pepper oni isnt even a catgirl lmao
Dootdoom
Byond Username: Dootdoom

Post by Dootdoom » #514315

[Common] Andy Antag says, : CALL THE SHUTTLE SO I CAN GO TAKE A SHIT 15 MINUTES IS TOO LONG I HAVE DESWORD LOL
Thank you for the brain cancer, very cool!
hi
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #514318

fuck off
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #514325

Tarchonvaagh wrote:[Common] Randy Randy says, : HEY SO WHAT ANTAGS DO WE HAVE
based
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #514328

Nalzul wrote:
Reeeee wrote:snip
pepper oni isnt even a catgirl lmao
yeah just a normal retard, not one with a fur fetish
[this space reserved]
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Post by ragevirus » #514433

I'm happy to hear that someone is at least taking initiative to do something with the completely underutilized spare server that we have.
Don't let the shit talkers get you down. Hope you guys can make this work.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514825

ragevirus wrote:Hope you guys can make this work.
Neither of the headmin candidates have even said shit like "we are working at it" at a thread that's literally about the thing they promised, so, it was just vote fishing.
Dead issue I guess. So long RP server, nobody actually gave a shit honk.
signnatrire
MGP

Post by MGP » #514831

Reeeee wrote:
ragevirus wrote:Hope you guys can make this work.
Neither of the headmin candidates have even said shit like "we are working at it" at a thread that's literally about the thing they promised, so, it was just vote fishing.
Dead issue I guess. So long RP server, nobody actually gave a shit honk.
Possibly, but it might simply be because they don't want to participate in a thread made by a permabanned ban evader (me!). Bad optics or whatever. Well, maybe by the time I next evade and play again, there will be a RP server up.

The server that is running now regularly has less than 5 players on it, I don't see the harm in converting it into an RP server. If you're not interested in RP, then just don't join it. I also strongly disagree with the idea that the other servers are RP servers. RP is a two way street, it requires participation on every level. If people are running around talking about rounds, antags, "last shift", and other such bullshit regularly, and they say shit like "lol wtf" and "epic bro holy shit" as they are gunned down, yeah nah.

Also consider the amount of selection that would take place, and realize that the rules would not need to be as strict as you imagine.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514842

MGP wrote:"last shift", and other such bullshit
"Last Shift" is valid arpee to the requiremtns of /tg/ and canon on every level, "last round" is not. Nerd.

They have expressed no interest in the subject past the elections, not even a peep, no threads, no discussion on policy page, no call to arms, no questions, no posts on "RP server" thread and you seemingly don't just wanna PM them on the subject since apparently you do care about it, so why the fuck would it happen then?
There's nobody for it, nobody in this thread is saying "i wanna help and play on it". Just people going "cool idea" and leaving. Not that anyone actually seemed to be all that interested in that as platform anyway on those said candidate threads. Dead server is a dead server and nobody is putting any effort towards RP server. If i had interest in it, i would have already written 5 pages on the subject on accident. You retardedly screaming IT MUST HAPPEN changes nothing.

You write a page on the subject; "Issues and Solutions we face, RP server" and slap it on policy forum for headmins to take note of.
Poll it, staff it, playerbase it, solve rules conflicts, issue statement of the level of mandatory roleplay requirements, etc, etc.
Offer solutions faggot, don't scream from the fucking backseat "I WANNA". It's not a paid service so we can't expect to be coddled or being serviced. WHEN YOU CODE IT IT HAPPENS.

At this point is just you who raises these questions, doesn't do any work for it and refuse to ask your candidates about it other than to scream to the open air how something MUST happen because it was mentioned.
PM them and politely ask them about it in 50 words or less, report back or ask them to post a short statement.

Now shoo.
signnatrire
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #514855

I don't know how to code, but if we'd have an RP server I'd play on it.
MGP

Post by MGP » #514856

Going to disagree with the last shift bit. There is no continuous line of consciousness unless your character has never died. So if your character has died, they shouldn't really remember anything. But yes, you're probably right Libby, I have not been nearly as cynical about this as I should have. The candidates who said they wanted an RP server probably were just fishing for votes.

The point that I am trying to make though, is that simply calling Sybil 2 the official RP server and making a big announcement about it will make people that want to RP go there and RP. As people do that, admins and players can observe how players interact with each other before making a rule set that may unintentionally hamper organic roleplaying. You seem to think that you need to make the rules and do the official administrative work first, and then the people will come. That's an unnatural way of doing things, especially when you are pulling from the void and don't know who will show up and how they will act. Best to operate off a very limited set of rules like don't kill people for no reason, and then gradually implement necessary things from there.

Doing it your way, the way of consensus is not my preferred way of doing things. For one, because it is incredibly slow and inefficient. You can sit and argue for months about something and there will never be a consensus. Indeed, the consensus itself may be a watered down compromise of the one true idea. Imagine Camp A thinks that we need 10 thingies. Camp B thinks that we need 0 thingies. After months of arguing, a compromise is made on 5 thingies. However it turned out that Camp A was correct, and that our system works over 10 times better with 10 thingies rather than 5. By compromising, we were forced to choose a sub-optimal solution to appease the ignorant and incorrect 0 thingies camp. This is what democracy and consensus inevitably leads to, being bogged down by the uninformed. Better a small group of people, or one person for that matter commit fully to one idea. (By the way, this is the one thing that oranges seems to be doing right, trying to be in complete control of the /tg/station project and shutting out the whiners. Good on him!)

To summarize, the point is, even if my ideas (or anyone else for that matter) were 100% correct someone like ActionNinja or Shadowflame would pipe up and force them to be watered down. Also nobody takes me seriously anyway. Also I'm banned.

Also, please take your pills you autistic ho. There is no need to be so aggressive.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514874

MGP wrote:Going to disagree with the last shift bit.
Existing relationships are allowed and so is memory of past events as long as they are referred to ICly and are not breaking "current round death" barrier. Abusing ghost chat knowledge for metagaming current round is not allowed, past shifts are know information you are expected to know and act upon. The fact that something killed you is allowed to be known, so are all the details of how antagonists work, down to minutiae. Past rounds can be considered IC as long as they are discussed ICly. Disagree or not, you are wrong about it.

Referring to "last shift" or "few shifts ago" is how you discuss these matters ICly, hence, "round" is a bwoink for OOC in IC, "shift" is not.
signnatrire
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #514875

High RP on tgstation is like communism: I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's sure never worked on a grand scale

Actually I bet everyone has different things in mind when they talk about it too
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514877

Shaps-cloud wrote:High RP on tgstation is like communism: I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's sure never worked on a grand scale
Pssst, both candidates specifically referred to Medium RP. I have no clue what the difference is when it comes to specifics but there it is.
signnatrire
MGP

Post by MGP » #514880

Shaps-cloud wrote:High RP on tgstation is like communism: I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's sure never worked on a grand scale

Actually I bet everyone has different things in mind when they talk about it too
Yes, but the thing you are forgetting is that you are likely going to get people that do not currently play on /tg/ to come to /tg/ to play. Why? /tg/ is the largest and most successful SS13 branch. So you're not pooling from the existing players. You are pooling from hypothetically anyone that hears about it. Yes obviously that is the case. But people will converge on a schelling point if you don't direct them with rules.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #514884

I've been a DM since 3rd edition, have been roleplaying on forums, chat rooms, MMOs, and roll20 since 2004, and have written a few campaigns and short stories for my players.

I am not going to mediate what you guys think RP is on an RP server oh my god.
RP Nazi wrote:I categorically deny existence of catgirl metagangs on bagil.
Every catgirl hates each others guts thanks to Pepper and Kat existing and making everyone's existence cancer with HEWWO shit so we suffer from catardation just as much as you do, having *wag emote that's the only thing we have left to enjoy since people like HEWWO IT IS I SUICEDARONI made it intolerable to be one.
Fuck it was fine before that retard duo showed up and pretended being fucking retarded is a requirement to have a tail, I was fine with death threats and catgirl purges and being valid on "nyaa~". That's just life on station. But now everyone automatically assumes catgirls are supposed to be retarded by default since those two wont stop the fucking dick move of screaming "I AM A RETARD" on common constantly and acting retarded shitfaggots rest of the time. If ban appeals existed that's two people who would be on immediate list to have catrights removed from right after prompt rule 0 permaban.

Then those faggots pretend they can be friends after that BS. Fuck em. Fuck em right in the brain with powertools.
Catgirl metagangs are a myth on bagil and every nice and personable ca/tg/irl who can hold a discussion stops playing on bagil thanks to those two since it's fucking intolerable to be associated with that shit. Fuck, neither of them can even hold a conversation ICly beyond "HEWWO IT IS I" or idioticclly repeating the same thing over and over and then fucking off to do that to someone else like fucking literal simplemobs.
State of arpee.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #514904

What about a Persistent server?
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #514913

Krusvik wrote: I am not going to mediate what you guys think RP is on an RP server oh my god.
RP Nazi wrote:I categorically deny existence of catgirl metagangs on bagil.
As if that post was anything but a meme and consisted only of that sentence, but you do you and read more to it if you want.

Also, who asked for you to mediate that? Point so far seems to be that nobody gives enough of a shit to DO anything for there to BE a RP server in the first place.
signnatrire