Trialmin Review: Cynic716

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Trialmin Review: Cynic716

Post by MortoSasye » #515241

Cynic716 has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Trialmin Review: Cynic716

Post by NecromancerAnne » #515249

A cool cat that is always very willing to speak their mind and do what is right. They're passionate and excited for what they do and are a great person to be around.

It will be a shame when they're purp friend because then their aesthetics of being pink trans friend will be ruined. QwQ
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #515552

Cynic is a good admin, however, there is a point that I do need to criticize and it's how quickly emotions get ahold of her and make her lash out at other admins.

I consider this is something they can fix, but it is a cause of concern.
NSFW:
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #515631

Was the center of the whole Takov drama-llama. I have no opinions on them besides that since they seem to mostly admin in NA servers. I haven't noticed any bad bans coming from them and they didn't ban takov either.

Although, if what Morto says is true, it is a big cause of concern. It's the internet and a *chan inspired server and especially jannies need to have a cool head to interact with the feral apes that is the majority of the player base.

And yeah, sometimes a particular troll will call you a tranny or a nigger or a faggot or whatever. You should be able to brush these off.
Iron, blood and spider armies
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #515636

Theres the whole emotional thing but I don’t really care about that (until it effects me).

One thing I don’t like is they have a pretty blatant style of adminning that is reminiscent of alphonzos. When doing a small event or meme or something they’ll grab the whole servers attention and force them to look at it. Although I haven’t seen them admin in a while so perhaps they’ve chilled out since then.
[this space reserved]
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #515674

adminjailed me on three word OOC post. At least I got to visit. When you say quick to react, you mean "explosive", right?
Not a bad apple, doesn't really do "bad rulings", just a hothead and cares about what she's doing, maybe bit too much?

Atmos simulator where people get killed for racism and "just cus" is the wrong place to uphold and attempt to uphold any political beliefs. Apparently me saying those three words was too much for cynic to handle so she forced her beliefs on me when i honestly did not give a fuck about them beyond hoping to get a kneejerk reaction so i got it?
OOC Cycnic: First one to pray "trans rights" gets something
OOC This_Idiot: NO TRANS RIGHTS!
*ADMINJAAAIL*
Well, fair i guess. To be honest it was not targeted in any shape or form, just "HA NOPE!" from me to something. Apparently that got her riled enough to press buttens. Glorious success on my part? Less salty about it happened, more salty no discussion happened because of it. Eh. Happens.

Right, anyway, if /tg/ starts becoming a place where i have to uphold to some standard and you apply a wrongthink police, do warn me beforehand so i can gloriously shitpost myself to permaban.
I don't expect anyone to respect anything remotely political i say in OOC and that's not in the rules page I don't think. Sooo, that's, uh, arbitrary.
If she wants to have that kind of discussion or climate, there are other platforms or your local elected representative(?) to talk to. I don't think I live in same hemisphere, have the same religion nor political climate, much less exist in the same jurisdiction so i'd like all that "imma apply to you some moral code I uphold because you are shitposting" to, like, not happen to anyone.

That all being said, she's new and invested in her adminning, wants to and does press buttens to learn and for enjoyment of others, mistakes happen and that's solely something only experience and time fixes and tempers. Do keep her on.

Tl;Dr: Hothead, loud, coolcat when she applies herself. Keeper.
signnatrire
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #515764

The whole emotion thing is a bit of a problem, though nothing that should prevent them being an admin.
Recently, when views were challanged, she spent a good amount of time pinging that person trying to start a shitfest when none was instigated. Probably should work on that.
If this was football, she would be in front of the net, as it were.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #515771

Reeeee wrote:adminjailed me on three word OOC post. At least I got to visit. When you say quick to react, you mean "explosive", right?
Not a bad apple, doesn't really do "bad rulings", just a hothead and cares about what she's doing, maybe bit too much?

Atmos simulator where people get killed for racism and "just cus" is the wrong place to uphold and attempt to uphold any political beliefs. Apparently me saying those three words was too much for cynic to handle so she forced her beliefs on me when i honestly did not give a fuck about them beyond hoping to get a kneejerk reaction so i got it?
OOC Cycnic: First one to pray "trans rights" gets something
OOC This_Idiot: NO TRANS RIGHTS!
*ADMINJAAAIL*
If this actually happened, and they actually ajailed you for a decent amount of time (you didn’t say so idk), thats fucked and they definitely should not get admin.
[this space reserved]
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #515774

There's so many red flags here you could send a bull on a murdering rampage with them.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #515793

Anyone who acts like they're in a protected class should have no business with any form of administration. Especially if they use that self-attributed status as justification in their administrative decisions.

I continuously hear about cases involving Cynic in specific where their #1 response to typical bantz is "i'm trans and that's not okay!" instead of rolling with it like everyone else on the server. It also gets acted upon - if not personally, then by another member of the administration. It's annoying. It breeds an uncomfortable environment for players where they have to constantly walk on eggshells, afraid that their typical and acceptable level of bantz might trigger the protected class. Not something I'm keen on seeing continue.

Nobody cares what gender you may or may not be. If you only took the position to scream "trans rights reeeeeeeeeeeeee" at people, then please resign. Nobody benefits from the culture this breeds.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #515812

I feel like people are heavily exaggerating how often these incidents probably happen because they were involved in a public instance of someone being punished for directed harassment towards them. It seems like that harassment hasn't changed, and I'm astonished a lot of people have come out of the woodwork to talk about their identity rather than address whether they function well in an administrative capacity. We have had emotionally charged or passionate admins before and some of them have received praise for when they act on that or openly defend themselves. I feel like it worth reminding people that we've had a long standing issue recently of administrative harassment, so if this is coming up a lot it's because they've been painted as a target for a few near-do-wells who you frankly shouldn't be defending. There is nothing wrong about defending yourself from bigotry or not accepting it to just fit in, because it normalizes the harassment they've already been receiving and complacency about that is just going to make this worse. We don't tone police but we also don't stop admins from telling people they're a piece of shit if they're being a piece of shit, since it goes both ways. You are essentially damning Cynic for the same thing you would want to permit.

There is nothing wrong with backing your stance, and you shouldn't expect people to just take openly derogatory languages or insults lying down. This has no impact whatsoever on their abilities as an admin. Yall are just being petty hypocrites.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #515818

NecromancerAnne wrote:I'm astonished a lot of people have come out of the woodwork to talk about their identity rather than address whether they function well in an administrative capacity.
Literally every post aside deedubs has been addressing their administrative abilities.
NecromancerAnne wrote:We have had emotionally charged or passionate admins before and some of them have received praise for when they act on that or openly defend themselves.
Who lol.
NecromancerAnne wrote:I feel like it worth reminding people that we've had a long standing issue recently of administrative harassment, so if this is coming up a lot it's because they've been painted as a target for a few near-do-wells who you frankly shouldn't be defending.
I agree, but no one in here (aside maybe deedub) is defending people like takov.
NecromancerAnne wrote:We don't tone police but we also don't stop admins from telling people they're a piece of shit if they're being a piece of shit, since it goes both ways. You are essentially damning Cynic for the same thing you would want to permit.
nah we're damning cynic for being too hot headed
NecromancerAnne wrote:There is nothing wrong with backing your stance, and you shouldn't expect people to just take openly derogatory languages or insults lying down. This has no impact whatsoever on their abilities as an admin. Yall are just being petty hypocrites.
you are clearly only replying to deedub and maybe arath with this post, but I guess you can call everyone a hypocrite because thats easier than responding to criticism
[this space reserved]
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #515821

uh oh it's a post from someone who doesn't play and knows the trialmin

I can't speak towards cynic as an admin in game because I no longer play, but I think it's worth adding on that I have legendarily thin skin and I still was given admin, and this thread seems to be trending away from the valid point of "it's worth noting that taking things TOO personally can burn you out quickly or affect your responses to people" towards thinly veiled "fuck off sjw" tier posts

Not blowing up on people is relevant to conduct as an admin, but posts like
deedubya wrote:Nobody cares what gender you may or may not be.
are pretty much downright delusional

calling out bigotry or harassment on /tg/station is a very steep uphill battle and will likely be painful if you (not you as in cynic, the royal you) intend to continue doing it - it's a tricky topic and many people who hang around this community are not welcoming to even a hint of those subjects, as evidenced by how half the posts in this thread thus far are focusing on a specific topic that isn't exactly directly related to adminning. I do think most people on /tg/station genuinely don't have any idea just how frustrating or hurtful "bantz" about identity can be, but that's something that would just start to pull this thread offtopic and I'm not going to get into that here

my personal advice: while I think anyone who has the energy and will to call stuff out around here is someone to look up to, it's going to be never ending, and people will absolutely try to bait out reactions from you by saying questionable/outright offensive shit just to stir the pot. Finding a middle ground between silence and inaction and engaging in heated debate with anyone who tries to bait out a reply will be important if you don't want to get burnt out

worth keeping in mind though, I've been gone a while, maybe people are more receptive to bans being applied to obvious baiting assholes now? I sort of doubt it but I'm not exactly well informed

also worth noting that what anne said about admin harassment is very pertinent - people forget that shitting on admins is like making the retail "didn't scan? guess its free!!" joke in that it doesn't matter if you're doing it for laughs or you're being serious: one person is easy to shrug off, but dozens of people are not
Limey wrote:its too late.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #515830

wesoda25 wrote:...If this actually happened, and they actually ajailed you for a decent amount of time(?)...
durrr, like, uh few minutes?
If it had been a big thing, it would be on admin complaints, not here. You may notice i note her as a keeper.
Flares temper, shit happens. Yes it was uncomfortable as fuck and I think she saw it as an major oversight pretty much immediate so I didn't toot any horns about it. I could have escalated to hell and back if i chose to, but why the fuck would I? mistakes happen and she's trialmin.
Same as getting a minute ban from server for a joke in the end that people keep as signatures.
Relevant, but ultimately a case of human errors. I don't care, honestly, what horns you personally wanna toot as long as you take the flak that comes with it. She didn't and I acted stupid and we both got slapped for it on some level. Lesson learned and shit.

I'd rather have one of these than banbot or an unpersonable powertripper.

And anyone noting that she's driving some agenda, get the fuck out of here, that's false as fuck, she's just LOUD about it.
And we all got a right to that, regardless whether you post "e" repeatedly or say political shit in OOC.
At minimum keep her.
signnatrire
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515845

At least one person I keep in touch with out of game has had a negative experience with Cynic's thin skin that nearly delved into ingame consequences, and they haven't posted here yet. There is a pattern of truly unstable behavior here that you can't just overlook.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #515846

Sandshark808 wrote:At least one person I keep in touch with out of game has had a negative experience with Cynic's thin skin that nearly delved into ingame consequences, and they haven't posted here yet. There is a pattern of truly unstable behavior here that you can't just overlook.
you didn't even bother to provide a story

this is not useful feedback
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515850

Qbopper wrote:
Sandshark808 wrote:At least one person I keep in touch with out of game has had a negative experience with Cynic's thin skin that nearly delved into ingame consequences, and they haven't posted here yet. There is a pattern of truly unstable behavior here that you can't just overlook.
you didn't even bother to provide a story

this is not useful feedback
Ask for comments on discord. Ask ingame. All I mean to point out is that I guarantee you'll find a lot of people who have been strongly put off by this person's actions who don't even know they have a chance to prevent this from happening.
Dr. Aura
Byond Username: Dr. Aura

Post by Dr. Aura » #515852

From the perspective of someone who has worked with them, albeit briefly, I only have hearsay reports of them conducting themselves in a manner that is unbecoming of an admin, so I won't touch the topic. However, the main issue I foresee should they be granted gamemin is their predilection to act before determining the necessity of said actions, particularly in instances where they have personal interests at heart. To put my opinion simply, anyone with any kind of biases or tendencies to lash out on openly known cues opens them to not only improper use of their positions in the name of retribution, but any such instance of this would reflect poorly on themselves, the admins as a whole and /tg/station.

While I don't want to pepper this input with anecdotes, it is often frowned upon in almost all of my capacities to lend someone the benefit of the doubt when considered for positions where matters can get very personal very quickly. To do so actually makes you civilly and criminally liable for their abuses under several US statues and it is reasonable to expect the community will hold the approving headmins accountable in much the same manner.

Since 100% of my admin posts so far are signed off with quotes from headmins and I hate to let streaks die on my shoulders, I'll leave a quote about expectations of admin conduct and leave you to ascertain the contrapositive (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 97#p515458);
[Some admin's] conduct was on point and actually should be praised considering they kept their cool around a person insulting them in ahelps[.]
Image Image
KNIGHT-COMMANDER OF THE ORDOM OF THE SHORT REPLY
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #515858

NecromancerAnne wrote:There is nothing wrong with backing your stance, and you shouldn't expect people to just take openly derogatory languages or insults lying down.
Insult them back. It crosses the line when you use your admeme powers to punish something that shouldn't be punished. I will never blame a mod for telling someone insulting them to fuck off and die. I will if they do that and then ban them for insulting them.

This isn't about cynic, just a general statement.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515859

Arathian wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:There is nothing wrong with backing your stance, and you shouldn't expect people to just take openly derogatory languages or insults lying down.
Insult them back. It crosses the line when you use your admeme powers to punish something that shouldn't be punished. I will never blame a mod for telling someone insulting them to fuck off and die. I will if they do that and then ban them for insulting them.

It should be noted that just responding "No to trans rights" is not even an insult. Any other admin would take that as a meme response to their meme request and just ignore it. At worse, if it were in Pray instead of OOC, you'd just get BSA'd.
cynic716
Byond Username: Cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #515862

I'd like to bring up that the libby incident is being misrepresented. She vaguely said some things that made someone uncomfortable and that person ahelped it. I told her to shut the fuck up in ooc and she continued and also kept praying dumb shit if I recall. if anyone knows the round id and wants to bring up the logs that's fine by me but it's pretty innocuous over all. I ended up admin jailing her just to talk one on one as a sort of "hey gamer chill out" thing. We babbled at each other for a bit, it ended up going nowhere, so I dumped her back into the round. And no it wasn't a single message, she actively got into a argument with people in the ooc but I figured a mute might've been too much, idk. Otherwise, the stuff referring to my identity I brought directly to headmins whom chose to what to do with it. I have not directly banned anyone for insulting me. I will constantly be vocal about it though as long as I have the power to do so, I have convictions and I stand by them. I ain't gonna put up with some dumbass neet shittalk about my identity without vocally clapping back.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #515864

Reeeee wrote:adminjailed me on three word OOC post. At least I got to visit. When you say quick to react, you mean "explosive", right?

<snip a bunch of stuff jesus libby>
This event occurred in round 116184 on Bagil. (src, statbus, scrubby)

(If you so wish, this page will show you all messages from game.txt which have 'cynic' or 'libbysnow' in them for that round, which is where the following messages come from)

To clarify on the situation, Cynic said the following in OOC

Code: Select all

04:13:34	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "first person to pray trans rights gets a thing"	(189, 213, 2)	Space
Many people responded to the request, LibbySnow also did.

04:13:51	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "trans don't have rights."	(101, 149, 2)	Atmospherics
Libby says bad things

04:14:20	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "no, i actually 100% beleive that as long it triggers someone."	(126, 130, 2)	Port Primary Hallway
04:15:02	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "right to get beat to shit on soem dark alley i guess."	(150, 147, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
04:15:49	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "depends on how much you believe me after years of pulling peoples leg"	(149, 52, 2)	Departure Lounge
Cynic says stop

04:16:07	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Hey libby"	(147, 111, 2)	Corporate Showroom
04:16:10	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Quit it "	(147, 111, 2)	Corporate Showroom
04:16:15	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Or I'll fucking dab on you "	(147, 120, 2)	Space
04:16:18	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "quit what?"	(152, 59, 2)	Departure Lounge
04:16:18	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Not joking "	(147, 137, 2)	Bridge
04:16:30	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "YOU'RE MEMING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN GAMER"	(135, 177, 2)	Custodial Closet
04:16:35	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "DIAL IT BACK"	(163, 134, 2)	Captain's Office
04:16:39	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "having my own belief system that's not in anyway related to you?"	(152, 59, 2)	Departure Lounge
04:16:54	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Just cut out the transphobia stuff aight?"	(135, 111, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
04:17:01	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "did you not read it"	(148, 52, 2)	Departure Lounge
04:17:25	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) ""LibbySnow: no, i actually 100% beleive that as long it triggers someone.""	(148, 52, 2)	Departure Lounge
04:18:03	OOC	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "hey, you bring it up, i make fun of it"	(152, 105, 2)	Central Primary Hallway
04:18:12	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) toggled OOC.		
04:18:29	OOC	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "There now you all get a time out"	(106, 121, 2)	Port Maintenance
I suspect there is an adminpm discussion in between this and being sent to prison as there is no real indicator as to why this happened 4 minutes later

04:22:49	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) checked the individual player panel for LibbySnow/(K1TTY).		
04:22:56	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) has sent LibbySnow/(K1TTY) to Prison!		
04:23:04	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "oh, so you are shitminning"	(174, 107, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:07	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "okay then"	(174, 107, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:15	ACCESS	Mob Login: Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human		
04:23:15	GAME	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) Client Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) has taken ownership of mob Sheri Ruiz(/mob/living/carbon/human)	(177, 109, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:20	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Waaaa"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:21	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "waaa"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:22	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "waaaaa"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:23	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "waaaa"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:24	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "mm?"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:25	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "waaaa"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:23:38	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "so do you actually want to have a dicussion`?"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:52	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "i am here"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:55	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "discuss"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:23:59	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) changed the equipment of Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) to /datum/outfit/job/assistant.		
04:24:02	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Okay"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:24:04	EMOTE	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) wags her tail.	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:24:13	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "or do you jsut wanna asspull shit?"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:24:20	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Let's discuss"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:24:22	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "either works, i got youtube"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:24:31	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "and netflix and wahtnot"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:24:32	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) spawned /obj/structure/chair/comfy/teal	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:24:45	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "So"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:24:48	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "sooo"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:24:53	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "I was just planning to leave it at muting ooc"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:25:05	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "But then you had to be a real gamer about it"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:25:09	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "not really, we boht know that but lets assume so"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:25:25	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Not really?"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:25:31	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "I dunno, you bring up political matters in OOC"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:25:38	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "it's gonna be made fun off"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:25:42	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "you KNOW this."	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:25:49	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "you have to know that"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:25:49	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "It's not that"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:26:04	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "don't act hurt after the fact kitty"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:26:09	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "It's that you did it in an manner that made people uncomfortable"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:26:23	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "So I was like hey knock it off"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:26:30	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "I was just expecting you to shut up about it"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:26:33	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Cause who cares"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:26:59	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "what, making fun of it? I know transpeople and if you are so fucking WEAK that you can't take shit on internet, you really don't belong there, much less fucking TG where one can say nigger freely."	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:27:07	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "trans are strong"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:27:13	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "they give a shit and move on"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:27:20	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "well, not give a shit"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:27:36	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Bruh this stuff is more complicated than that"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:27:50	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "so, if someone actually goes "oh no muh feelings" they are really not trans"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:27:54	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "A lot of people come to this game to escape negative shit like that ya know?"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:27:55	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "they can't be"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:01	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "TG"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:12	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "literally nigger is a wrod you can say out loud"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:23	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "You're weirdly deadset on this shit"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:28:31	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "i'm dead set on anything"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:38	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "as long as it gets a response"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:42	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "honk"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:28:51	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "What a strange way to conduct yourself"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:28:56	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "i know"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:29:00	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "i have braindamage"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:29:08	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Have you tried just not doing that?"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:29:14	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "yes, i doesn't work"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:29:22	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Wild"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:29:29	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "i say shit outloud."	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:29:37	SAY	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) "Anyway, shut the fuck up and go back to your space man game"	(176, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:29:44	ADMIN	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) used gibself.		
04:29:44	ACCESS	Mob Login: Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer		
04:29:44	GAME	Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) Client Cynic716/(Sheri Ruiz) has taken ownership of mob Sheri Ruiz(/mob/dead/observer)	(177, 108, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:29:52	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "great"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:29:55	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "she made mess"	(174, 108, 1)	Admin Prison
04:30:01	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "that's gonna bother me so much"	(192, 68, 1)	Bay #1
04:30:17	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "uuh"	(181, 83, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:30:22	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "I MUST CLEAN IT"	(182, 82, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:30:35	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "mmm"	(182, 83, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:30:49	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "heck"	(181, 81, 1)	CentCom Docks
04:31:05	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "I MSUT CLEAN IT"	(193, 66, 1)	Bay #1
04:31:10	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "AAAAAA"	(194, 66, 1)	Bay #1
04:31:55	SAY	LibbySnow/(K1TTY) "that's totally gonna triger my OCD, not lceaning gibs on centcom"	(146, 162, 2)	Atrium

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #515865

Thank you, Based Bumble Bee
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #515950

I won't argue the specifics of this particular instance of administrative abuse, despite my opinion on how it was mishandled. This isn't a ban appeal or admin complaint topic, so this is hardly the place to do so. I wouldn't voice concerns over one small incident regardless. I only do so when patterns of repeated and concerning behavior show themselves, which I believe is happening.

I'd also like to state that Dr. Aura managed to mirror my concerns in a less abrasive and more eloquent manner.
NecromancerAnne wrote:I'm astonished a lot of people have come out of the woodwork to talk about their identity rather than address whether they function well in an administrative capacity.
Believe it or not, we(the royal we here) don't want to make it about their identity. The only reason it comes up is because several people are of the opinion that they force their identity upon situations where it's not appropriate, and regardless of if the people involved want it or not. They then proceed to take administrative action upon it, or have it done on their behalf. Like I said in an above post, nobody cares or wants to know what gender identity you may or may not have. People just want to converse in a way that's been considered socially acceptable for this community since the day it was founded, without having to worry about spinning the awho roulette of potential victimhood.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #515954

deedubya wrote:I won't argue the specifics of this particular instance of administrative abuse, despite my opinion on how it was mishandled. This isn't a ban appeal or admin complaint topic, so this is hardly the place to do so. I wouldn't voice concerns over one small incident regardless. I only do so when patterns of repeated and concerning behavior show themselves, which I believe is happening.

I'd also like to state that Dr. Aura managed to mirror my concerns in a less abrasive and more eloquent manner.
Believe it or not, we(the royal we here) don't want to make it about their identity. The only reason it comes up is because several people are of the opinion that they force their identity upon situations where it's not appropriate, and regardless of if the people involved want it or not. They then proceed to take administrative action upon it, or have it done on their behalf. Like I said in an above post, nobody cares or wants to know what gender identity you may or may not have. People just want to converse in a way that's been considered socially acceptable for this community since the day it was founded, without having to worry about spinning the awho roulette of potential victimhood.

hoes mad
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #515965

bobbahbrown wrote:snip
yeah when this is put into context the complaints really stop holding up
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515972

Qbopper wrote:
bobbahbrown wrote:snip
yeah when this is put into context the complaints really stop holding up
That discussion in say in adminjail really doesn't make Cynic look good.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #515983

Arathian wrote:

Admins are not your punching bags, and are not expected to sit there and have mudslinging matches with you so you feel validated. There are plenty of instances in which you will suffer "admin power" related consequences for these kind of things, from OOC mutes to ahelp mutes to possibly being kicked/timed out. I don't know enough about the incidents in question to judge them individually but your base premise here is simply wrong.

The only real caveat to that is that if someone's gotten under your skin you probably shouldn't moderate them and hand it off to someone else, but this is more a "best practices" thing not a "oh my god heresy" thing, especially if an admin is alone.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #515984

no doubt libby could do with being told to shut the fuck up a lot more, since her parents are obviously not doing it for her
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #516008

Arianya wrote: The only real caveat to that is that if someone's gotten under your skin you probably shouldn't moderate them and hand it off to someone else, but this is more a "best practices" thing not a "oh my god heresy" thing, especially if an admin is alone.
As a reminder, this is what happened in the Takov incident so by that basis alone cynic has already proven they'll handle things appropriately when it actually gets out of hand.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #516024

this admin is such a shitler, they've managed to use their admin capabilities to halt me from posting their actions on the forum along with everyone else except the guy that was actually being a shit.

deadmin PRONTO
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #516026

FUCK STOP EXPOSING ME COBBY, CEASE YOUR INVESTIGATIONS
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #516106

Cynic often starts political arguments in the Discord server, gets called a tranny, then whines to headmins for help.
They did this when someone said the Minecraft bee wasn't trans, and then had some huge shitfit about it in #discussion-general.

They're blatantly disrespectful towards people they disagree with. I recall them calling for Save_Vatznick to be banned from our Discord server because she made posts Cynic didn't like in #politics-containment. When questioned why they thought this was appropriate, they remarked, "muh freeze peach". Not a good sign.
qbopper wrote:snip
You do not participate in our community anymore.
You do not play the game and are not in our Discord server.
You only know them through a really gross admin metaclique. Unless you want to disclose what that is, stop.

I have seen someone like Cynic a million times before.
They will cause deep-rooted problems with the administration.
Cynic weaponizes (directly or indirectly) their powers as an admin to either directly punish people with whom they personally disagree, or use their leverage as an admin to achieve the same effect.

If they're not going to be demoted, delay their trial. You can never be too safe amid people with frequent controversy.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #516159

oranges wrote:no doubt libby could do with being told to shut the fuck up a lot more, since her parents are obviously not doing it for her
Facts. Facts and truth.

eh, it was a event that happened, i was shit and got bopped, nobody has ever seen it appropriate to adminjail me based on words before so i posted it knowing someone will logdive it. You do the judgements and shit, i just shitpost. SPEAKING OF.
signnatrire
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #516171

Real goddamn ballsy of Ner "trannies are mentally ill" vere to come in and talk shit. Btw the minecraft bee thing has NOTHING to do with the stupid fictional bee, people were actively joking about trans suicide. Something I find really goddamn gross, and thus started calling them out for. How about you try not to be a dishonest lowlife for once? PS real cool of you to be talking about leveraging admin power when you couldn't get shezza's toes out of your mouth long enough to actually do anything other than cry about minor game changes during your whole term.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #516172

You could've proven you're not receptive to criticism without all the ad-hom and deflection.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #516174

Nervere wrote: I have seen someone like Cynic a million times before.
They will cause deep-rooted problems with the administration.
Cynic weaponizes (directly or indirectly) their powers as an admin to either directly punish people with whom they personally disagree, or use their leverage as an admin to achieve the same effect.
did you finally look in the mirror
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #516175

I would totally be down to get criticism but the thing is you haven't actually provided a valid point my dude
example: no one in politics containment has called me a tranny (surprisingly) the only times it's happened it was 100% unprovoked. You have literally seen each of these instances yourself.

I do argue in politics sometimes but I have never actually made any attempt to ban anyone I disagree with there aside from screaming with hyperbole at other left leaning admins in chatter about how stupid I think some of the memers there are.
Not to mention I haven't made a single ban regarding personal conduct and infact have only done very few bans and mostly spend my admining helping people fix glitches and answering questions.

In fact I'm downright baffled that people have gotten this weird idea in their heads that I'm super overly emotional and "weaponize" my adminpowers, I feel like the other bagilmins can attest that the worst thing I do is play too many midis.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #516178

cynic716 wrote:I feel like the other bagilmins can attest that the worst thing I do is play too many midis.
Facts there.
signnatrire
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #516184

We can be productive now that you've acknowledged what I said instead of calling me names over it.
cynic716 wrote:example: no one in politics containment has called me a tranny (surprisingly) the only times it's happened it was 100% unprovoked. You have literally seen each of these instances yourself.
I don't have enough evidence to confirm or deny this since I didn't archive the politics channel when I purged it, but you deserve the benefit of the doubt here.
cynic716 wrote:I do argue in politics sometimes but I have never actually made any attempt to ban anyone I disagree with there aside from screaming with hyperbole at other left leaning admins in chatter
I'm currently in (and will continue) to argue at a disadvantage here since I can't leak adminbus, but I feel this point is important to continue: you need to acknowledge that some of your behaviors are harmful.
Frequently, #admin-chatter turns into huge political debates when you disagree with an admin, and honestly it reminds me of Dionsu's communism arguments they would start every day in #discussion-general.
It's fine to be politically active, but there's a time and a place, and admin channels are not that place. This is why a lot of admins are frustrated with you on this topic: not because of your beliefs, but where you discuss it.

Hell, this really only reached its tipping point for me when you tried to find out who unpinned your pro-transgender meme in #admin-chatter, so you could get them banned from Discord as a platform.
That's a totally extreme reaction, and this kind of behavior will only socially alienate you from your fellow admins.
cynic716 wrote:In fact I'm downright baffled that people have gotten this weird idea in their heads that I'm super overly emotional and "weaponize" my adminpowers
You do tend to be emotional, the problem is you let the words of others get to you way too much. People are going to be dicks to you, that's part of being on the Internet.
More often than not, people being rude to you ends in an all-caps rage from you, and it's hard to watch. You need overcome this, or being an admin will wear you out fast.

As for "weaponizing admin powers", I should clarify what I mean: I never saw you abuse in-game, but rather you tend to swing around the privileges you have as an admin to your own benefit.
This is usually in the form of you seeking out the highest authority online at the time to get what you want done, usually Hulkamania or Oranges.
Again, the example that comes to mind is you wanting Save_Vatznick removed from the server for their posts in #politics-containment, but with the channel purged, there's not much point in discussing that anymore.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #516185

Dropping out of the hut for a sec:
cynic716 wrote:Hey gamers I'd appreciate if you didn't joke around about serious topics like trans suicide. I won't be enforcing any admeme stuff on you about it but that sort of thing is extremely sensitive ya know? Anyway I hope you have fun posting :heart:
This will be a fine attitude if you can maintain it, best of luck.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #516232

cynic716 wrote:Real goddamn ballsy of Ner "trannies are mentally ill" vere to come in and talk shit. Btw the minecraft bee thing has NOTHING to do with the stupid fictional bee, people were actively joking about trans suicide. Something I find really goddamn gross, and thus started calling them out for. How about you try not to be a dishonest lowlife for once? PS real cool of you to be talking about leveraging admin power when you couldn't get shezza's toes out of your mouth long enough to actually do anything other than cry about minor game changes during your whole term.
You say this
cynic716 wrote:In fact I'm downright baffled that people have gotten this weird idea in their heads that I'm super overly emotional and "weaponize" my adminpowers
Isn't that kind of contradictory, to say you're baffled by the accusation of being emotional, only to blow up and make a personal attack on someone after leaving criticism in your trialmin review?
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #516490

FloranOtten wrote:
cynic716 wrote:Real goddamn ballsy of Ner "trannies are mentally ill" vere to come in and talk shit. Btw the minecraft bee thing has NOTHING to do with the stupid fictional bee, people were actively joking about trans suicide. Something I find really goddamn gross, and thus started calling them out for. How about you try not to be a dishonest lowlife for once? PS real cool of you to be talking about leveraging admin power when you couldn't get shezza's toes out of your mouth long enough to actually do anything other than cry about minor game changes during your whole term.
You say this
Isn't that kind of contradictory, to say you're baffled by the accusation of being emotional, only to blow up and make a personal attack on someone after leaving criticism in your trialmin review?
Without being untoward, I would say that you could replace cynic's name on the above post with several other prominent user's names and it would be seen as pretty standard for /tg/ - and certainly not "emotional".

Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #516523

Arianya wrote:Without being untoward, I would say that you could replace cynic's name on the above post with several other prominent user's names and it would be seen as pretty standard for /tg/ - and certainly not "emotional".
Would those prominent users be considered for a gamemin spot?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #516573

Sandshark808 wrote:
Arianya wrote:Without being untoward, I would say that you could replace cynic's name on the above post with several other prominent user's names and it would be seen as pretty standard for /tg/ - and certainly not "emotional".
I can think of atleast two people who have been, for some time, and atleast three that have been full on headmins, though I suppose you could dispute the latter point since headmins aren't selected in the same way a game admin is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #516636

Sandshark808 wrote:
Why would being an admin have any bearing on whether or not I can call someone a dipshit if they're being a dipshit?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #516786

We have decided to extend Cynic trial for further observation due to issues rising up recently regarding their conflict resolution skills. While we don't have issue with their adminning within the game, we are concerned with their conflicts outside the game itself.
NSFW: