[No longer admin]Bluespace

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No longer admin]Bluespace

Post by MrStonedOne » #2358

This is an open thread for any feedback for this administrator to read and reflect on.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Bluespace

Post by firecage » #2359

He is a good admin. Very friendly, helpful, fun, and stern when he needs to be.

I have personally encountered no problems with him at all, and I personally would like to see him as a fullmin
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #2360

Bluespace is real cool. One of my favorite admins (And quite often the only one I see around)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2361

I just skimmed Tunderchief's ban appeal, which Bluespace handled.

That was actually really well handled. Like, wow. A++ 10/10 best admin.

Okay maybe not best admin, but wow I hope it's you I'm dealing with whenever I get bwoink'd.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #2362

There was resistance to you in adminbus when you were being considered because of, uh, Boris Pepper, (my character's a jerk, not me guys!!!) but I'm really glad we stuck it out and you got your fair shot because whoa. Good sense of humor, doesn't take shit too serious business and drama (like me), responsive, quickly learned how to do all the fun things as well as all the things that take the fun away from the plebs. You've got a future in here. Just make sure not to get bitter and make enemies and you'll be here for years.

One of us.... one of us...

And again, try to lead PMing somebody with starters such as 'Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about x?" rather than 'Hey greytider, mind telling me why you decided to do X?' Because the latter tends to provoke a whole host of unproductive responses from the other person, such as defiance and anger, and escalate or spark a conflict.
RIP
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #2363

Bluespace is a pretty nice admin.
Hibbles wrote:And again, try to lead PMing somebody with starters such as 'Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about x?" rather than 'Hey greytider, mind telling me why you decided to do X?' Because the latter tends to provoke a whole host of unproductive responses from the other person, such as defiance and anger, and escalate or spark a conflict.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #2364

Hibbles wrote: And again, try to lead PMing somebody with starters such as 'Hello! Do you have a minute to talk about x?" rather than 'Hey greytider, mind telling me why you decided to do X?' Because the latter tends to provoke a whole host of unproductive responses from the other person, such as defiance and anger, and escalate or spark a conflict.
BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, they're playerbase PEASAAAANTS! :cry:
I play Boris Pepper.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #2365

Bluespace interacts with players who are dead in a good way, generally informing deadchat of anything interesting or relevant. Is usually quick on handling issues and is overall a great admin to interact with in game.

As a player on the other hand he knows his stuff, is generally robust, but is brash and aggressive and with just a sprinkle of powergaming occasionally, though I doubt anyone would fault him for trying to kill a Wizard (Who did a good job of killing most of the crew) via "that" method. (I kid he's a good player)

He's great is all I can say, and the fact that he admins Sybil is a great plus in my book.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2366

I wish he would admin Artyom more.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #2367

Psyentific wrote:I wish he would admin Artyom more.
It's usually 100% taken care of, Arty gets a lot of attention, it doesn't really need me, I do try and come on every now and then, though.
I play Boris Pepper.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #2368

Actually says 'looking' when I adminhelp.

10/10.
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #2369

Pretty chill guy, gets onto things quickly and lets you know so you don't feel ignored. Also does fun things ingame. 10/10
Svendelton

Post by Svendelton » #2370

Solid guy, good sense of humor, uses his admin powers in a generally productive and fun way. 10/10
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #2371

ait boris pepper?

God damn you're boris pepper? I loved your shit as a lawyer.

Also good admin.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #2589

he spent $5 on a fiverr video, legit in my book
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MattNasty

Post by MattNasty » #2597

Really good job, helped with a lot even though I sent multiple admin help things when others would ignore me.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #2609

Goes to the doctor, 10/10

no but really, surprisingly friendly and responsive in-game and in ahelps given my impression of his old character.

also I have like 3 midis from him I have no idea of the sauce on
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2883

Responds quickly to AHelps, interacts with deadchat and just generally feels like they're part of the server rather than a silent administrator.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #3451

I've only had one real interaction with Bluespace, and it was over a bomb ban wherein I killed myself and only myself in an attempt to stop Ops right before they armed the nuke.

While he was quite nice on the FNR, he was not nice at all when the issue occurred, and jumped the gun by assuming my reputation was true, and that I was tempting a permaban before noticing the relatively few notes I have accumulated.

When you take into account that the politeness and lowering of the ban on the FNR thread was basically Bluespace backpedaling for his earlier snarkiness and realizing that if he didn't, HBL would've called him out, it doesn't ring as sincere.

Also, yet to notice Bluespace deadmin while playing.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #3457

tunderchief wrote:Also, yet to notice Bluespace deadmin while playing.
It's easier to stay as admin. it's usually me and Razharas on during the day anyway.
I play Boris Pepper.
Razharas
Byond Username: Razharas

Post by Razharas » #3472

He is an example for all admins in the field of active hours on the server
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #3514

A great guy, stays up even later than I do on the servers, I don't believe I've ever seen him make a bad choice, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a trialmin with him.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Jwakefield

Post by Jwakefield » #3672

Great admin great player very helpful and is almost constantly on from what ive seen. This guy is totally a keeper
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #3781

goodmin, maybe bestmin????

boris pepper is good friend
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #3891

Surprise of the century for me. He ahelped me before trial asking general questions about adminship and the like, and I was really glad to see how they turned out. Great enthusism, friendly to everyone, stays away from drama, and just pretty cool in general. Ten outta ten.
Bluespace wrote:
tunderchief wrote:Also, yet o notice Bluespace deadmin while playing.
It's easier to stay as admin. it's usually me and Razharas on during the day anyway.
Worth noting that it is up to the admin to deadmin or not while playing
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #3932

Everybody likes Bluespace, and everybody agrees that Bluespace is a good admin/best admin.

Bluespace for Headmin when?
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #3934

Ran a spookstation the other day that I'd rate nerolat / 10, aside from that would support renaming him to Brospess
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #3997

Jeb wrote:Ran a spookstation the other day that I'd rate nerolat / 10, aside from that would support renaming him to Brospess
It was either highlander or survival horror, we needed a winner so I had to start killing people off. Probably won't be seeing that again from me, I like to add people in, not take them out.
I play Boris Pepper.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #4004

Bluespace wrote:
Jeb wrote:Ran a spookstation the other day that I'd rate nerolat / 10, aside from that would support renaming him to Brospess
It was either highlander or survival horror, we needed a winner so I had to start killing people off. Probably won't be seeing that again from me, I like to add people in, not take them out.
Last man standings are incredibly hard to pull off and almost never work. Mainly because everyone wants to survive and its really hard to feel good about surviving so long only to die and the last hurdle.

In my opinion situations where people are forced together to survive crappy odds/death are much more fun. Watching everyone haul up in the bar or something to tackle something works so well (why the blob is actually quite a fun round, though it has got a little too meta these days with the pretty much instant use of emitters, IMO).

Anyway back on track, the spook station had a great start, the idea that the station was being whipped off out of shuttle range and had to survive until they could get back was awesome. Just the ending wasn't quite the way the beginning suggested.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #4006

Me and Anton intend to run another spooky station along the lines of exactly what you're saying actually, crew versus spooks. I'm fairly certain everyone's gunna like that.
I play Boris Pepper.
Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #4992

He pulled of the dubstep wiz round, need i say more?
On a more serious note he is a great guy, responds to ahelps quickly and in general brings fun to any round he chooses to involve himself in.
Also our characters are black and white versions of eachother
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #5090

I can see Blue, Anton and Deuryn as the next headmin trio. Two good newmins and an oldmin that know what they're doing. Subtle should also be considered.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #5159

paprika wrote:I can see Blue, Anton and Deuryn as the next headmin trio. Two good newmins and an oldmin that know what they're doing. Subtle should also be considered.
I don't think Anton ran, and I certainly didn't.
I play Boris Pepper.
Nalar
Byond Username: Nalar

Post by Nalar » #5163

I think Anton ran, actually. I'd be surprised if he didn't.

-=Forum Global Moderator=-
-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #5164

Nalar wrote:I think Anton ran, actually. I'd be surprised if he didn't.
Yeah, I am running.
I would actually want to see bluespace as headmin, if not this cycle, the next one. I wish subtle was running, but unfortunately, that's not the case.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #5184

I think Bluespace needs a bit more time as a normal admin before running for headmin.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #5186

Pretty chill guy, doesn't get angry with me for being a heated pissmongler so that's always a plus.
Nalar
Byond Username: Nalar

Post by Nalar » #5275

Pretty awesome admin, generally responsive and very helpful as an admin and ever patient with my endless questions and teasing. 10/10.

-=Forum Global Moderator=-
-=GameAdmin=-
Tell me how I'm doing.
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #5279

I would really love people to post some stuff how I can improve, I know there's areas I can improve in but I need feedback on that.
I play Boris Pepper.
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #5292

Okay so. How to improve.

I'll just post some things that I think MOST admins come up against time to time.

1. Don't be afraid to say "I don''t know lets make a for no reason ban request", sometimes its hard to make a "on the fly" judgement of things and its good to get other people's opinions.

2. Be descriptive when you get a admin help. Don't just say "looking into it" and "resolved". If you can't say anything say "We're still discussing things about it on this end, please be patient till the round ends" and discuss it at the end of the round. One of the nice things about VG station is the logs are transparent (meaning players have access to logs as well). If players know you are trying hard we are more likely to appreciate you.

3. Sometimes ask before you add "fun" player polls are good for that. Not everyone wants a nations round (in fact I hate them) and not everyone wants shitty aliens. Some people even didn't like my metor rounds. Those people are just hitler though.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #7808

Bluespace wrote:
It's usually 100% taken care of, Arty gets a lot of attention, it doesn't really need me, I do try and come on every now and then, though.
Artyom has no admins on ever. Bluespace came one time offers me fairytale romance engagement. Never came back. Heart broken.

On a serious note. I adminhelp rarely and the one time I did in the past few months no one answered until Bluespace hopped on and despite me being angry and not nice to him he stayed nice and calm and handled it. I felt like an ass afterwards but that just shows he performs well in stressful situation and keeps his cool. Something necessary for spessmen because we all know how mad we get at this game. Thanks for helping me and being the mature one.
danno

Post by danno » #7823

Mandurrrh wrote:
Bluespace wrote:
Artyom has no admins on ever.
^ yeah
I don't even know why you would say it gets a lot of attention, anyone will tell you that this is not true
:|
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #7832

Fun events, friendly guy. Doing a good job as far as I can see.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #8585

Blue Space is pretty much on the ball in regards of everything and the most active admin i've seen since Inti use to be supreme terror of the netherworld. AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T SPAM FF7 MUSIC HE'll BE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #8594

srifenbyxp wrote:Blue Space is pretty much on the ball in regards of everything and the most active admin i've seen since Inti use to be supreme terror of the netherworld. AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T SPAM FF7 MUSIC HE'll BE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK
Actually, I'm the one spamming FF7 music. I'm not sorry.

Bluespace has been a wonderful tutor, running me through mock scenarios and letting me handle plenty of real ones. I've learnt a great deal thanks to him, and he is always cheerful and entertaining in game, OOC and asay too.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #8596

Stickymayhem wrote:
srifenbyxp wrote:Blue Space is pretty much on the ball in regards of everything and the most active admin i've seen since Inti use to be supreme terror of the netherworld. AS LONG AS HE DOESN'T SPAM FF7 MUSIC HE'll BE NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK
Actually, I'm the one spamming FF7 music. I'm not sorry.

Bluespace has been a wonderful tutor, running me through mock scenarios and letting me handle plenty of real ones. I've learnt a great deal thanks to him, and he is always cheerful and entertaining in game, OOC and asay too.
I knew you where the one spamming the music and was hoping you'd read it. If bluespace was your tutor he should tutor you to play more than just ff7 music you nerd
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #11381

Promoted a known graytider, person who continually is a dick both IC and OOC, and all-around shitty player to admin candidate despite multiple players telling him, with good reasons, not to. This shows that he is a shitty judge of character at best and, at worst, someone who doesn't listen to player opinion at all, instead merely giving lip service to it. The fact that he's only been an admin for several months makes this even more troubling, because it means you can't just say it's burnout.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #11411

Holy fuck bluespace just stop. I get 'giving everyone a try' and support EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADMIN EMPLOYMENT but mugen/dawn of man has been around long enough for you to know that he's a complete fucking shitter. You really, really don't want to be known as the guy who promoted that.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
danno

Post by danno » #11436

It'll be like Swagile or CDB
good luck man.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #11442

Hibbles wrote:(my character's a jerk, not me guys!!!)
you say that as if characters cant be anything but projections of the OOC player IC, which isn't really true.
there's several admins who i would say are great at administrating, but horrible players in game.

otherwise yeah bluspeece 20/19 admin four more years etc

i have to agree that dawn of man is a really bad choice for an admin candidate and that you should probably give up on them, they're really abrasive and beyond the "passable" range of "good admin bad player."
artyom DOESN'T have admins most of the time so it would be awesome to see more on there, and bluespace would be an admin i'd specifically like to see.
one of the hardest working admins i've seen, puts tons of effort into doing his job and improving, when he was a trialmin he put in ridiculous effort into his adminship. constantly asking for ways to improve himself and become better.
criticism: your choice in avatars is lame
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though