Re: Movement Speed

Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #516224

90% of the complaints in favor of slower movespeed were addressed with other changes (tasers removed, disablers buffed, dragging nerfed), there is no reason to keep this shitty change around and making the core movement feel worse.
New headmins should take another look at its implementation.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Re: Movement Speed

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #516230

I'm a fan of the slower speed to be honest. I feel it makes engagements a bit harder to just zip away from, and responding to incidents a bit slower. Both of which I like.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #516231

If you're going to raise movespeed again, please bring back the chat wheel too
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #516237

Nah fuck old move speed
[this space reserved]
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #516238

I can almost squeeze in a sentence while I run with someone at this speed
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #516256

Quite the opposite. The new movespeed is still too fast.

A year or so ago, before we got the latest set of gooncode that sped up the gameplay considerably, was peak ss13. People didn't run around at the speed of sanic. Melee combat was actually viable when not on meth/adrenals. You didn't waste half of your ranged shots at someone A/Ding down the main hall. If anything, we should lower the movespeed even more so that it matches that period, not speed it up even further when it's already too fast.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #516261

Move speed is still so fast that any reduction speed makes you basically unable to participate in the round. Not epic
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #516282

move speed is fine. I agree with others that honestly it's fairly quick as it stands but I wouldn't want to go any slower and any time I get slowdown it's very noticeable.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #516295

Old movement speed was fucking garbage and probably turned away a lot of new players since some cunt would always yakety sax into a place and gun everyone down before they even had a chance to react.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #516309

I've been around the block, TG's movespeed is still speedy gonazales compared to most other servers, quite a number don't have diagonal movement still, and I remember the days when it was even faster.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #516319

Slower is better. I like actually being able to get a word in edgewise before the person I’m taking to zips away.
► Show Spoiler
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #516322

Farquaar wrote:Slower is better. I like actually being able to get a word in edgewise before the person I’m taking to zips away.
What he said and he is right. Finding a setting between current and snail's pace might take some trial and error.

People who are against slower movement speeds tend to be assistant mains. :roll:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #516383

deedubya wrote:Quite the opposite. The new movespeed is still too fast.

A year or so ago, before we got the latest set of gooncode that sped up the gameplay considerably, was peak ss13. People didn't run around at the speed of sanic. Melee combat was actually viable when not on meth/adrenals. You didn't waste half of your ranged shots at someone A/Ding down the main hall. If anything, we should lower the movespeed even more so that it matches that period, not speed it up even further when it's already too fast.
Back when everyone ran like Usain Bolt on meth was objectively more fun even if it made trying to balance anything impossible
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #516393

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Back when everyone ran like Usain Bolt on meth was objectively more fun even if it made trying to balance anything impossible
It also made roleplay impossible. So yeah, slow it down more please. I want to be able to type something before they leave the fucking screen.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #516394

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:

Oh don't get me wrong. The newer, smoother, faster movement certainly feels much better than it used to, but it's ultimately made the game worse overall as a result. Some things are the way they are for a reason, and the majority of this game's design revolves around movement being the way it was, not the way it is.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #517863

The headmin team currently has no plans to revert back to the fast pace of the old style movement speed.

Things being a bit slower (still faster than a lot of other servers) gives combat a bit more interesting of an edge, or at the least provides more opportunity to react to things before they occur to you. Having someone running in from off screen to instantly shoot you is now made a bit more difficult due to the slower speeds we now operate at.